Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone use Liquid Glass?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 04:36 PM
BlownV6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use Liquid Glass?

I've been using it for awhile now. Picked it up at Autozone and i'm amazed how good it makes cars look compared to wax. Just got done with the C5 and the shine is amazing.

Last edited by BlownV6; 04-16-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Scott03Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used it before. I use Zaino now. It's 80's technology and I don't think the formulation has changed since it has came out. It goes on and comes off pretty easily ansd seems to hold up fairly well but IMO the Zaino shine is better.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
pinskiC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlownV6
I've been using it for awhile now. Picked it up at Autozone and i'm amazed how good it makes cars look compared to wax. Just got done with the C5 and the shine is amazing.
You should use it on your Z06 too. Have you taken delivery of your 2005 GTO yet???

Personally I use Zaino.

Last edited by pinskiC5; 04-16-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
7Deuce
Racer

I use it on my wifes daily driver. It's really easy to apply and the protection last a long, long time. That's mainly why I use it. I mean the water beads months after 1 application. The shine is good, maybe not up to Zaino standards but it works for me.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

If I find a better wax I tend to stop using old wax. Other waxes have come and gone but Liquid Glass is still on my car care shelf. It does a GREAT job on white because it makes them look like you just added a clear coat of paint to the car. Black is another color that look nice with a coat of Liquid Glass. Under harsh conditions, Liquid Glass protects better than any other wax on the planet. You can even use it on glass. I will sometimes mix it with other waxes when I am looking for durability.

Having said all this, Mothers new Reflections Polymer wax is now #1 on my car care shelf.

Dan
Old 04-18-2005, 09:04 AM
stevenll
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Liquid Glass for years & was always very happy with the results.
It has a mild abrasive that was sometimes helpful. I switched to Zaino in 2001 and never looked back. I find the Zaino results superior. It has a "slipery" shine like LG, but looks better to me.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Used it in the 80's, it was great stuff back then, kinda like the Zaino of the 80's. Today I would use Zaino, much easier/better and safer (no harsh cleaners and abrasives).
Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Liquid Glass
Liquid Glass's key ingredient is a "crystal clear carbon"(very similar to Finish First), which dries rock hard (a word of caution, it stains trim) that it can be applied in sunlight, something you should not try with Klasse. Klasse is an acrylic resin; both have been around since the 60’s. I understand that Liquid Glass has been reformulated not too long ago and is not quite as good as it was. Liquid Glass is an amino functional siloxane with a high solvent base and light abrasives; I’d say its more durable than a wax but not as durable as Klasse or a ‘state of the art’ polymer sealant like Zanio.
JonM
Old 04-18-2005, 09:35 AM
bretfraz
Racer

Originally Posted by agentf1
Used it in the 80's, it was great stuff back then, kinda like the Zaino of the 80's. Today I would use Zaino, much easier/better and safer (no harsh cleaners and abrasives).
I agree 100%. LG, along with Klasse AIO, Meguiars #20, Finish First, and others are "old skool" sealants formulated for the enamel and urethane paint jobs of the 1970's. All are pretty high in solvents and have light abrasives in them (ya needed that stuff to make a dent in paint of that era).

With new VOC regulations I wonder how long these products will stick around until they're either reformulated or discontinued?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default I used it for over 18 years and it does a great job of hiding scratches and swirls

Originally Posted by Scott03Z06
I've used it before. I use Zaino now. It's 80's technology and I don't think the formulation has changed since it has came out. It goes on and comes off pretty easily ansd seems to hold up fairly well but IMO the Zaino shine is better.

Just my $0.02
Then I switched to Klasse AIO and Sealant and it exposed all the scratches and swirls but it shines better.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownV6
Our shops applied it for years on customers cars in the 80's and early 90's, we used this for customers that were looking for better durability than our shop brand wax, it was very good in the day, but there are better products out today.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use Liquid Glass?

Quick Reply: Anyone use Liquid Glass?