Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Funny stuff.... Classic movie!

Originally Posted by s'noJob
Old 04-21-2014, 01:54 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Six862m6
Haha! Good deal! Good luck with the install and make sure you get the posts down to at least as flat as the edges of the emblems!
PM sent.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
craigo
Instructor

Location: "Second place is just the first loser" Edmond, Oklahoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you guys are harsh.......It's your frickin car - do what you want............. the C6 emblem on the front of my black C5Z looks awesome and totally appropriate. NOW, when you start using incorrect badges with HP indicated, that's a horse of a different color.............. my thoughts........... you're welcome
Old 04-21-2014, 04:09 PM
craigo
Instructor

Location: "Second place is just the first loser" Edmond, Oklahoma

Originally Posted by vaggabon
I just got a c6 and swapped the emblems for the c7. I prefer the emblem, more aggressive and blends in with the lines. The rear emblem took some work.

Some people get a car to reminisce on the past, some to race, some to impress... other, just because. At the end of the day, its your car, your expression.... just don't butcher it with cheap parts and racer burner glue on mods.

...my 2cents
Amen and amen......
Old 04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
TheTinMan
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to make peoples eyes bleed on this forum. I love these emblems and they look fantastic on the car. And FWIW the Corvette club down here like it as well to include the C7 guys.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Just to make peoples eyes bleed on this forum. I love these emblems and they look fantastic on the car. And FWIW the Corvette club down here like it as well to include the C7 guys.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:27 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It looks good to me

I was considering pulling my C5 emblems and blacking them out, but I'm surprised how good the carbon looks... where did you get those?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 PM
KoreaJon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
It looks good to me

I was considering pulling my C5 emblems and blacking them out, but I'm surprised how good the carbon looks... where did you get those?

Those look great!! Kinda like the new "Superman" emblem....very modern, kinda sinister...

Good job!

KoreaJon
Old 04-24-2014, 11:53 PM
1badsilversvt
Advanced

my old z06, the previous owner had airbrushed c7 flags and c6 badges on.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:49 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

When I purchased my C5 the old dude who owned it had put 50th Anniversery Emblems on both fender, did up the interior to look like a
Z06 and stuck a back emblem on the rear of of the center console to make it look like a verts waterfall..... Needless to say in less then a week all of that was removed !

I found this topic to be somewhat amusing because I build, repair and customize guitars and belong to several guitar builders forums. You'd be surprised how many " Kids " will go to the trouble of buying a cheap Chinese Knock off of a brand name and put the brand name on it.
Who are they fooling ? Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is there are plenty of heated discussions like this as to why put something on there that it's not. IMO...To each his own ! LOL
Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 AM
always1961
Racer

This might be sacrilege to some people, but i'm just curious if anybody has done it and how it looks? I'm not sure if it would flow well with our cars since the C5 is so round compare to a C7. Just curious though. I'm needing new badges for my car and have been contemplating it because i like the way they look.
I'd like to put the Stringray emblem on my '73, but not on my C5

Last edited by always1961; 04-25-2014 at 01:34 AM. Reason: ADDED WORDS
Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SG Lou
... I found this topic to be somewhat amusing because I build, repair and customize guitars and belong to several guitar builders forums. You'd be surprised how many " Kids " will go to the trouble of buying a cheap Chinese Knock off of a brand name and put the brand name on it. Who are they fooling ? ...
Some may try to fool their friends into thinking they have the real brand ... for a second or two till the friends realize they can't be. But to the kids, they're real enough to hold onto the dream of "some day." Hell, I played air drums like crazy till I had my own drum set. They're just setting goals while playing "Let's pretend."
Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

OP, congratulations on making your 'Vette your own by doing what you wanted to do. You may have seen that your thread prompted me to do something similar (with the C3 emblems) on my C5 with inspiration from another member's input on your thread.

Great Job!!
The following users liked this post:
GrayWolfJedi (01-14-2021)
Old 04-25-2014, 01:40 PM
TheTinMan
Racer

Originally Posted by rjwz28
It looks good to me

I found them while googling. The carbon is literally just precut 3m Carbon Dinoc and its about to be removed. First time i wash my car they will fall off because the wind from normal driving is already picking the "Flag poles" up off the emblem. They still look nice without the carbon though. The red is darker than the normal badges.

Originally Posted by s'noJob
OP, congratulations on making your 'Vette your own by doing what you wanted to do. You may have seen that your thread prompted me to do something similar (with the C3 emblems) on my C5 with inspiration from another member's input on your thread.

Great Job!!
Thanks man. I saw your post and glad i could inspire someone else to break away from what is considered such holy sacrilege amongst certain members of the corvette community.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:53 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I found them while googling. The carbon is literally just precut 3m Carbon Dinoc and its about to be removed. First time i wash my car they will fall off because the wind from normal driving is already picking the "Flag poles" up off the emblem. They still look nice without the carbon though. The red is darker than the normal badges.

Got it, I thought maybe they were made that way; I wouldn't bother with stickers, personally. The only reason I was considering messing with my badges at all is because the silver is peeling.

Where did you get the emblems?
Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 AM
TheTinMan
Racer

I wish they had been made that way. I searched everywhere for badges that were real carbon, but no luck yet. I dont remember what site I ordered the badges from. It was something really random. I searched google for C7 Corvette emblem and just started going through pages until i found a pair i liked.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:07 PM
57gman
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Toque
Not something I would want to do...
To most people that have no clue they would not notice anything different.
To guys like us we would laugh and point at you.....

Toque
Agreed, would that also classify as a mod?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Emblem on C5

Old 10-26-2014, 07:37 AM
666ICK
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work Tinman your car looks great! Here's a pic of my 2014 Stingray just in case someone wanted some color perspective.
Attached Images     
Old 10-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,576 Likes on 663 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by 1badsilversvt
my old z06, the previous owner had airbrushed c7 flags and c6 badges on.

LOVE it on the FRONT !!! Don't love it on the BACK !! Maybe it would look better on top of the trunk... It does "modernize" the look a bit.

Wouldn't put one on mine though. I think the C5 emblem is the nicest (or one of the nicest) Corvette emblems.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

I have to disagree with the false badging statements. If he was putting 50th anniversary badges or z06 badges on a base car then I would agree its posing but he is putting corvette flags on a corvette. No big deal.
The following users liked this post:
HandOverFist (04-17-2022)

Quick Reply: C7 Emblem on C5