Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Re: SRT production halt

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the C7, but the Viper is the better looking car... so sexy. Wish I could fit in one
Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM
ZR JUAN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
I love the C7, but the Viper is the better looking car... so sexy. Wish I could fit in one
Haha I'm just under 5'8 and it was a perfect fit for me. It felt like I was in a space capsule or something. As one of my co-workers told me..he'd be losing sleep over making a decision LOL
Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
The Gen V design could hardly be anymore derivative of the Gen 2 design (which IMO is partially why some sales are sluggish) it is almost 75% the same.
How can you not see that? Every post you make convinces me you are one of the least knowledgeable people ever to exist here.
Doesn't matter if its 75% or 175%. It looks nothing like the gen II. You should see both standing side by side and see for yourself.

Same could be said about you by the way.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FLATOUTVIPER
That was my first thought too, what an idiot. As for making the front end more aggresive, I think the SRT hood is a bit more menacing.

So if someone doesn't agree with you = idiot? Thats some funky logic t here right there pal. I wish you'll grow up one day.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:00 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
So if someone doesn't agree with you = idiot? Thats some funky logic t here right there pal. I wish you'll grow up one day.
No it's you specifically, you seem to be an idiot.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

No it's you specifically, you seem to be an idiot.
And it looks like its going to take a lot of time
Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the only way to settle this between you two is... A RACE!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:21 PM
TurboJunky
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
The dealers have received some kickback money from Dodge to help move ALL 2013's off the lots. Not on 2014's.
I know a guy who bought a GTS at MSRP which was around 135K+ on the one he got.
This was before the TA came out an he bought into the ******** that you had to preorder and get in line because these babies were going to sell like hotcakes.
He contacted a dealer about a trade in and purchasing a TA in it's place. The dealer offered him 82K for his GTS trade in.
That's right, 82K. In one year with less than 3K on it.

Moral is if you buy one be damn sure you are going to keep it a while.
With hundreds of 2013's on the lots their resale value is beyond awful. That and only idiots pay MSRP.
id jump at a 5th gen for 82k!!!!!!!

It is right at the upper limit of what i should be spending on a toy but i would be in one.

SRT/Fiat/Dodge whoever - they screwed this one up bad. An entry level Viper should have been in the 80k range.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:23 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

There's never been an "entry" level Viper. And I don't remember how long ago that it was that you could get into any new Viper for 80K.

I think since the 2008 Gen IV's were out new coupes and vert were all around 90K and the ACR's were around 105-110K. What they did underestimate was the market for a Viper with a bunch of interior enhancements that weighed the car down, raised the purchase price, and slowed the performance figures.

The SRT's, and TA's have been selling quite well 90-110K, while the 140K GTS mostly sat on the lots until they were discounted into the 115-120K range.

Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by TurboJunky
id jump at a 5th gen for 82k!!!!!!!

It is right at the upper limit of what i should be spending on a toy but i would be in one.

SRT/Fiat/Dodge whoever - they screwed this one up bad. An entry level Viper should have been in the 80k range.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:24 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

There's never been an "entry" level Viper. And I don't remember how long ago that it was that you could get into any new Viper for 80K.

I think since the 2008 Gen IV's were out new coupes and vert were all around 90K and the ACR's were around 105-110K. What they did underestimate was the market for a Viper with a bunch of interior enhancements that weighed the car down, raised the purchase price, and slowed the performance figures.

The SRT's, and TA's have been selling quite well 90-110K, while the 140K GTS mostly sat on the lots until they were discounted into the 115-120K range.

Just my opinion though.
Selling well enough that the brand is canceling the car...
Old 04-24-2014, 04:30 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Originally Posted by MavsAK
Selling well enough that the brand is canceling the car...
Thats news to everyone. Who said they were canceling the car? Closing Conner to prepare for a refresh (2015) isn't canceling the car. I know you were just trying to be a smart *** but your information is innacurate.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:18 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

As for making the front end more aggresive, I think the SRT hood is a bit more menacing.

You're right! Seen from that angle in that lighting, the SRT hood improves the front end 100% at least. From behind and rear quarter, the Gen V in person is ravishing, especially with the taller spoiler.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
You're right! Seen from that angle in that lighting, the SRT hood improves the front end 100% at least. From behind and rear quarter, the Gen V in person is ravishing, especially with the taller spoiler.
I was following Nineball in my 96 Grand Sport Vette the other day and he had just added that aero. That was when I was like damnit imma have to get one of those lol.

It does look better with it for sure.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
How is pointing out the hypocrisy of you being in here for over a year ridiculing C7 styling and then stating that people who don't agree with your choice in what looks good need to change their opinion "getting so personal"?
I actually think it's comical. You apparently think you're the aesthetic barometer.
S.
Where's the hypocrisy. I favor the car that has the more cohesive harmonious design. I'm not saying that your'e not allowed to not like one over the other but lets also keep reality on the table too. One flows one grinds. And that was intentional Design direction from both camps.

Chrysler wanted to harken back to the previous iconic swoopy look of the Gen 2 Viper and GM went away from tradition and chose a "pushing the envelope" ethos. For better or worse that was literally their mission statements. To say the C7 is more harmonious design and flows better is just not correct. GM purposely wanted to shake it up. You could argue that the C7 is better looking but that is subjective to one's preferences.

Much of the C7 Z06 works real nice and wish my C6 had some of those design cues (some of the front end, Coke bottle side rocker panels, rear hatch targa bar delete) and some of it… doesn't. SPATS

Don't need an "aesthetic barometer" just eyes.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 04-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Thats news to everyone. Who said they were canceling the car? Closing Conner to prepare for a refresh (2015) isn't canceling the car. I know you were just trying to be a smart *** but your information is innacurate.
When this "refresh" doesn't sell all that well, what do you think is going to happen to the Viper?
It's no secret that the Viper's been an incredibly slow seller and that Dodge isn't happy about it.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Originally Posted by MavsAK
When this "refresh" doesn't sell all that well, what do you think is going to happen to the Viper?
It's no secret that the Viper's been an incredibly slow seller and that Dodge isn't happy about it.
The only Vipers that didn't sell well were the 140-150k GTS's everything 115k and under sold just fine. SRT probably won't produce nearly as many bloated over optioned GTS 's that nobody wanted. BTW those GTS's started flying off the lots at 110-115k. That's the sweet spot for these cars.

Wanting the Viper to fail isn't good for the Corvette buyer, and wanting the Z06 ZR1 to fail isn't good for the Viper buyer. I hope the continue to one up each other for the next decade. We'll end up with some monster cars if they continue to go at it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Wanting the Viper to fail isn't good for the Corvette buyer, and wanting the Z06 ZR1 to fail isn't good for the Viper buyer. I hope the continue to one up each other for the next decade. We'll end up with some monster cars if they continue to go at it.
Yup

Get notified of new replies

To Re: SRT production halt

Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Your right about the close to $100,000 mark. Was in viper dealer today. They have two sold of 10 instock. One was a TA in white and the other regular viper in red. Both had to be sold around $100,000. I offered $95,000 was told no way. They had two 2013's neither were going anywhere fast. $135,000 msrps even with discounts couldn't get as low as the TA or regular viper were. I liked the car but that dam brake pedal is way to close to the gas. My size 11 kept hitting the brake while trying to push the gas. Very strange. Beautiful car though. Just not worth buying will wait on my Z06.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn that black ta looks bad ***
Old 04-25-2014, 03:50 AM
molon labe
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
I liked the car but that dam brake pedal is way to close to the gas. My size 11 kept hitting the brake while trying to push the gas. Very strange. Beautiful car though. Just not worth buying will wait on my Z06.
I'm a size 11 too. Wound up buying a few pair of Puma driving/motorsports shoes for my ACR and that solved the problem for me. They have a huge selection, and at reasonable prices.

Quick Reply: Re: SRT production halt