Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

F/S: rear suspension links with spherical rod ends.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F/S: rear suspension links with spherical rod ends.

I have these same kits on my 93 coupe and have been very happy with the results. The rear end stays planted much better than when I had the stock aluminum links and poly bushings. I have had great results at both autocross and at the track.

I developed this kit with Gary from Hardbar and although there are other kits on the market we both feel this kit is superior in many ways. The bodies are knurled for easy grip and adjustment, even when on the car. The ends of the links are slotted like a collet and use Omega style clamps to lock the rod ends in place and eliminates the jam nuts, which can come loose. All you need to fully tighten the rod ends in place is a 1/4" 12 point socket. No need for 2 large wrenches to go in tight spaces like with jam nuts.

I have sold five kits so far and have gotten some great feedback from the buyers. I have more parts on order and will be able to ship in about a week.

The kits are as follows:

Red anodized aluminum turnbuckle links with steel bodied, Teflon lined spherical rod ends. All components are American made.

Nuts & bolts are all Grade 8 hardware.

All necessary spacers and washers are provided.

Trailing Arm Kit: $350 + $20 S&H

Camber Rod Kit: $225 + $10 S&H

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can PM me through the forum or use my email below.

The easiest method of payment right now is PayPal, but I will discuss other methods if you prefer.

Last edited by astock165; 07-24-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
astock165
Burning Brakes

bump for the weekend.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Bump for price reduction.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I'll be getting a set of these shortly.

Are we allowed to post a review of these if they're on another site?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 375 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
I'll be getting a set of these shortly.

Are we allowed to post a review of these if they're on another site?
I wouldn't be afraid to but copy and paste would be easier to read.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:12 AM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a full set of these, and although I have not had a chance to try them on track yet, I was pleased with the service, fit and instructions that came with the parts. Too many times, we are sold parts that either do not fit as they should, or come with scant or no instructions. Not the case here. I wish all venders came through like this one. I am anxious to try them on track, but becasue of medical problems, the earliest will be October. Meanwhile, kudos to Astock.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

OK then

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules...mode=0&start=0

CentralCoaster wrote:
Finally got everyone off my back and got some time to install these.

Car feels great. It really freed up the rear suspension. The car actually dropped a bit due to less binding, yet I did not adjust the ride height at all. I scraped my exhaust for the first time after backing out of my steep driveway. (Car is lowered.) I can articulate the rear knuckle easily by hand when the car is on jackstands.

Going over speed bumps, I hear the front end squeak and bounch with the poly bushings. Rear end is quiet as a mouse and transmits less to the chassis.

Took it in the twisties, but improvements there are going to be impossible to quantify without lap times.

I don't know when my next track day is, but I'll have to repeat a track that I've been to recently and compare. May not be until a few months from now when it cools off.

Everyone (without these installed) seems to think they'll ride very rough.

If anything, I found the opposite to be true. Now my car has never rode very smooth, but with the new Bilsteins and these installed, it's as good as ever. I had poly bushings on prior to this, and petrified stock rubber bushings on before that.

I'm not convinced how spherical rod ends can hurt ride quality, when you can easily articulate the suspension by hand, that means the suspension can react quickly to an uneven road surface. The stock pieces in their bound up state are very stiff and hard to move, and so they would transfer more energy directly to the frame, not allowing the suspension to soak it up.

I'll get pics this evening.
Posted on: 7/18 14:06
BrianCunningham wrote:
Yes, but with the stock C4's it's even worse since it's not a ball joint, but just a rubber bushed cylindrical hole, that really should just be used for 2d movements.

Here's a recent pic of my stock suspension, you can see the old stock rubber bushings binding up so much that they are being forced out.

Next time you have your wheels off, or it's up on a lift, check it out.

Poly bushings would actually make it worse since they take away compliance in the the off axis direction.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

I just got back from Tom's place.

I picked up my order and got to see his car.

Nice

All top quality stuff. It's nice when an engineer works on this stuff.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
OMINOUS_87
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

regarding these pieces...

primary benefit for autocross?

any other benefit for street car? drag racing-straight line?
Old 07-27-2008, 10:59 PM
willyszr1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too am interested if they can help at the strip . i have 1 zr1 that is only used for drag racing and am looking for anything that will help the car launch
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OMINOUS_87

primary benefit for autocross?

any other benefit for street car?
The benefit for autocross is increased overall rear grip by removing the binding of the rear suspension, helping keep static alignment settings and soaking up pavement irregularities. The cost is that the mod will bump you to SM2. These same characterisics help stabilize the car on the street.

Originally Posted by OMINOUS_87

drag racing-straight line?
Originally Posted by willyszr1
i too am interested if they can help at the strip . i have 1 zr1 that is only used for drag racing and am looking for anything that will help the car launch
I have to admit that I'm a bit out of my element when it comes to drag racing however knowing what this kit does for the rear suspension I would have to believe it would be a benefit as well. Overall grip seems to be universal, which I think is a good thing, especially when launching.

Hope that answers your questions.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: rear suspension links with spherical rod ends.

Quick Reply: F/S: rear suspension links with spherical rod ends.