Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2002 600+rwhp, 10.47@133, road race z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Payne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2002 600+rwhp, 10.47@133, road race z06

I'm finally putting my 2002 z06 for sale. While I am horribly sad to see her go, I dont have the time or space for her anymore, as I bought a supercharged viper. I have been so busy with work these days (and traveling 20+ days a month) that I have not raced her in over a year. I have driven her less than 20 times in the last year, and at least 10 of those were to appointments and errands.

She will average over 30mpg on 77mph on cruise control, and gets about 17mpg in mixed, spirited driving. I took her to Napa for a weekend recently and did 24.3 door to door. Will get under 5mpg on a racetrack

I will be looking to sell the car in August, as I'm in Qatar right now, waiting on a C-17 up to Iraq (flying space-R sucks) and will be there for a couple of weeks probably. If you are very interested, I can have a very good friend show you the car and give you a test ride in the mean time.

Call this an awareness/guaging interest thread, but rules state I have to put a price, so I'll say $30k, but I'm very flexible on price, as we could do a wildly varying deal, from on stock suspension and stock wheels, to coilovers, 6 18" CCWs, etc.

As she sits right now on the coilovers and CCWs:

In action:

Two videos of her at Thunderhill. This track day was 10 hours after I finished the coilover install (Pfadt shipped them late) so I didnt have time to align the car before. I also forgot to empty the catch can on the second video (LS1/6s spit oil horribly above about 1.3gs)
Thill2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...GKTWjQLCivCmCw
Thill3: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...GKTWjQLCivCmCw

Many more pics below.

The car is a 2002 z06 with 43k miles (I believe, I have to check when I get back from the Middle East). She has a 383 w/ hand ported AFR 225s and a baby cam that made 492rwhp/474rwtq and 607rwhp/630rwtq on a 100 shot at Synergy She's been a best of 10.47@133 on a 125 shot, and is a very adept AutoX and HPDE car.

Motor:
  • 383 LS6 built by Texas Speed
  • TEA small bore AFR 225s
  • 10.7 to 1 compression for road racing on 91 octane
  • 90MM FAST w Nick Williams Throttle body
  • 232/236 .575/.578 114 LSA Cam (car will easily do above 500rwhp w/ a bigger cam
  • Yella Terra Rockers
  • Lunati Crank
  • Diamond Pistons 7cc
  • Crowerr Rods
  • ARP Head Studs
  • Cometic .045 Head Gaskets (.038 Quench)
  • A million little things: Two catch cans for the 1.4G AutoX, relocated MAP to avoid common FAST vacuum leaks, nice spark plug wires, brand new battery, the list goes on
  • Mobil1 with a K&N filter after every event, 6 months, or 2k miles (whichever comes first)

Flow numbers of the heads (from TEAs website); a .600+ lift cam would really wake this motor up:
TEA AFR Stage 3 LS1
Lift Intake Exhaust
.100" 68.1 55.1
.200" 141.2 123.9
.300" 207.5 187.1
.400" 261.6 241.1
.500" 304.6 268.3
.550" 323.4 275.4
.600" 341.2 277.8
.700" 346.0 282.2

Cooling:
The car runs safe and cool on even a 116 degree day and AutoXing, never saw above 230 (oil temp). Spirited drving on the street runs about 204-206, and cruises at 100 degrees w the AC on about 194. When other z06s were seeing 20psi oil pressure at idle from heat issues, this one is happy as a clam at 40psi.
  • DeWitt Racing Radiator
  • 160 degree thermostat
  • Ligenfelter Oil Cooler (not installed)

Fuel:
Car has a massive overkill fuel system:
  • Racetronix in tank unit
  • Kenny Bell boost a pump
  • 42lb Lucas injectors

Exhaust:
This car is loud and mean. See video clips on Thunderhill for sound clips.
  • Kooks 1 7/8th offroad headers
  • 3" Off Road Pipes
  • Borla Stingers
  • stock manifolds and H pipe come with the car
  • If you want to quiet her down, I can probably get a stock z06 Ti exhaust instead

Nitrous:
Car has a professionally installed nitrous kit. I have only put one bottle through the car, and I believe the previous owner only put 3-4 bottles through her.
  • Nitrous Express Wet Kit
  • 12.5 Carbon Fiber bottle mounted in the trunk, custom painted red with flames
  • Hidden switch panel in the ash tray: bottle heater, arm, bottle opener, and purge
  • Bottle Opener
  • Bottle Heater
  • Purge (at the base of the windshield)
  • Shark Nozzle (have jets, none installed right now)
  • 1 step colder plugs
  • Window switch

Driveline:
  • Ram VDS clutch (I love this clutch and have tried at least 6 different LSx clutches in various cars while instructing AutoX)
  • Built MN6 tranny, with polished gears, steel shift fork, etc... Shifts like butter.
  • Hurst shifter w/ MGW ****
  • Remote clutch bleeder- this is a godsend. Its a 10+ hour job w/o to bleed the clutch, vs 15 min.
  • Built z06 rear end with both output shafts 300M, and a tighter posi (hooks a lot better on tight, slow corners)

Brakes:
  • stock brakes w/ many different pads coming with the car: stock z06 pads for no dust, HP+ for street and AutoX (currently installed) and Carbotech 10/8 F/R for HPDE (zero fade!)
  • C6Z06 front brake ducts with ultra high temp Silicone hoses
  • Stainless brake lines
  • Tech II bleed with Motul 600 fluid

Suspension:
More than the motor and the straight line go fast, what really sets this car apart is how well set up she is on the road course and AutoX. After driving this one on the coilovers and poly bushings, a stock z06 feels just sloppy and ultra pushy.
  • Pfadt Racing coilovers (16 way adjustable)
  • Car is slammed, much lower than possbile on the stock suspension (the Pfadts have a much higher spring rate and are a much shorter shock, so you dont bottom out like lowered c5s on the leaf springs)
  • all suspension bushings replaced w/ poly
  • We spent about 16 hours installing these. 6 hours alone shaving and polishing the bushings so that they dont bind. Every other C5 w/ them bind badly and squeak horribly, where is mine is very quiet
  • Perfect cornerweight and allignment with me in the car (195lbs)
  • Stock z06 front sway bar, no rear bar installed
  • very agressive alignment, 2 degrees of negative camber, maxed out castor, a little toe out up front for better response and turn in
  • I cant stress enough how many hours I have in allignment, cornerweighting, and coilover adjustment to get the car perfectly neutral
  • Car is perfectly neutral on 315s on all 4 corners, has just the slighest push on the street tires (295 and 315), for a safer street drive

A million Misc things:
  • HID Low Beams
  • linelock
  • short antenna
  • trailer hitch and wiring for a tire trailer (hell, you can have the tire trailer too for free!)
  • MSI Roll Bar/ 6 point harness mounts
  • Harlan Shift light
  • Lloyds Floor Mats
  • Foam trunk partition with 'Corvette' embroidered in Red
  • Both Euro and stock taillamps

That's most of the major mods to the car. I try to be a super honest seller, and will give as much disclosure about the bad of the car as well.

This car is not a show car, or a garage queen. She has been raced, a lot, even in the rain, she has done 3-4 HPDE and has the rock chips to prove it. She does not need paint IMHO, but if you are expecting a perfect car with no blemishes, this is not the car for you. If you want an extremely well sorted car with a LOT of money invested in her to go fast in all types of racing, this is the car for you.
  • I got rear ended by a 2500 Diesel at about 5mph in stop and go traffic, and it scuffed the bumper and chipped the fiberglass on the driver fender. Probably 1.5"x.5".
  • I have ordered an OEM black bumper from Corvette Recyclers, and have not yet fixed the car, I want the buyer to be aware of the damage and the fix. She has not had any paint work done
  • There is a 1/2" tear at the seam of the outside bolster of the driver's seat of the car, the result of a Synergy mechanic getting out of the car while doing a Tech II bleed
  • The foam partition has a 2"x2" shaving in the back for the automatic bottle opener
  • The rockers do have some war wounds from being ~3" off the ground, but you have to be less than 12" off the ground before you see them
  • The front does have rock chips in the bumper, and there are scuffs under the radiator on the front subframe
  • There are a few minor scratches from a blowout, I will post picture
  • I know this makes the car sound like a disaster, I can assure its not, I just want to let every issue I am aware of be known
  • That being said, there is NOTHING mechanical wrong with the car that I know; I would not hesitate to drive it tomorrow to Alaska, or straight to the dragstrip, AutoX, or HPDE.

From the previous owner:
10 sec pass:
http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32520
New parts:
http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36232
Dyno Numbers:
http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/show...t=36369&page=2

If you need any more information about the car, please dont hesitate to ask. Please email me at black383z06@gmail.com, if you are interested, as PMs get unwieldy very quickly.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Payne
Racer

group:

pass side:

rear:

beach best:

authorized only:

carwarsh:

race shot:

Squatting:

Tail out:
Old 07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT

The shots where the driver has a silver helmet on are actually me, so I can tell you from first-hand experience this car is AMAZING. Great buy for somebody.

-TJ
Old 07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

upgrade list and/or racing mods?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Sloo_Dc2
Pro

How many miles are on the motor/suspension?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a sweet ride at a great price...I'm looking at one tomorrow, if I don't buy it, I'll be in touch...

Dave
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Payne
Racer

Originally Posted by Sloo_Dc2
How many miles are on the motor/suspension?
Motor has about 15k on her I think, was put in by the previous owner. The motor is very strong, safe and healthy. She has about 55psi of oil pressure on startup, and NEVER less than 40psi, even in 116 degree heat. At WOT you get over 60psi.

Between the very small cam (232/236 with only .576 lift) and the low compression (10.7:1) the motor is a lot less stressed than the guys running the .640 lift cams with crazy ramp up and huge durations.

The tune is spot on as well. Car drives like a dream. I took the car to Synergy 3 times to get everything to my liking. Even down to 42 degree oil temp at startup, she fires on the first turn, and finds 950rpm immediately, no surging, no hunting, nothing. Runs fine with the AC on etc... WOT tune is safe and a bit rich, leaving a few degrees on the table to be safe. The tune is so spot on, you can lug her at 65mph at 1400 rpm with no complaints. I have also seen 32.5mpg on I-5 on the cruise control at 77mph over a 10 mile period (very flat).

I ALWAYS wait till the oil temp is above 150 before putting any power through her, so she is always very warm before any stress.

The bushings maybe have 3k miles on them and the coilovers maybe 1k miles.

Originally Posted by CYA-Vett
Thats a sweet ride at a great price...I'm looking at one tomorrow, if I don't buy it, I'll be in touch...

Dave
Good luck with the search. Let me know if you are interested!

Jason
Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Payne
Racer

TTT

I'll be home from Iraq in a week or two.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I'll give you a bump... nice setup, I wish it was on the east coast! keep safe.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Payne
Racer

Originally Posted by 68sixspeed
I'll give you a bump... nice setup, I wish it was on the east coast! keep safe.
Thanks for the good words and well wishes.

I can ship the car.

JP
Old 08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
uptownman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you put a heck of a lot of time & effort into your beast..
Here's a bump fpr you.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Payne
Racer

I'm back in Kuwait, headed home soon. Who wants to come look at her?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Payne
Racer

$27,000 on stock wheels and leaf springs.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2002 600+rwhp, 10.47@133, road race z06

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 600+rwhp, 10.47@133, road race z06