Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please...tire running out of air

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Corvette.C6-R
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help please...tire running out of air

I was leaving safeway today and my TPMS system lit up and said low left rear tire pressure. I step outside and hear a hissing sound. I filled it up with air but it's losing about 5 PSI every few minutes. Now the car is sitting on my driveway running out of air and all the tire shops are closed. The only one that was open was sears and they don't carry 285 35 19s. The tires still had a good 40% life left in them...

Does anyone know if I can leave the car overnight and still go the claimed 50 miles with the run flats tomorrow morning to get to a tire show? Or is it going to be completely flat and need to get towed?

And does anyone know if runflats can be patched up? If not I have to get a new tire, actually two rear tires to make them match. No way I'm going with the run craps anymore...

There doesn't seem to be any nails or anything that I see that has punctured the tire...

Thanks for helping

Last edited by Corvette.C6-R; 07-13-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:15 AM
danielc6
Instructor

Default tire

PICKED UP A LARGE BOLT IN MY LEFT REAR,HAD 12K ON THE C6 .HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 36 HOURS FOR A REPLACEMENT TIRE,DROVE IT TO THE SHOP,ABOUT 20 MILES WITH NO AIR,NO PROBLEM...GOODYEAR HAS A WARRANTY ON THOSE RUNFLATS SAVED ME ABOUT $200.00 GOODLUCK
Old 07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Corvette.C6-R
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by danielc6
PICKED UP A LARGE BOLT IN MY LEFT REAR,HAD 12K ON THE C6 .HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 36 HOURS FOR A REPLACEMENT TIRE,DROVE IT TO THE SHOP,ABOUT 20 MILES WITH NO AIR,NO PROBLEM...GOODYEAR HAS A WARRANTY ON THOSE RUNFLATS SAVED ME ABOUT $200.00 GOODLUCK

Thanks but my warranty on these have well expired...
Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 AM
danielc6
Instructor

GOOD LUCK IN FINDING A SET FOR THE REAR,CAN BE HARD TO FIND QUICKLY.......................
Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 AM
AZ FASTEST
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Corvette.C6-R
I was leaving safeway today and my TPMS system lit up and said low left rear tire pressure. I step outside and hear a hissing sound. I filled it up with air but it's losing about 5 PSI every few minutes. Now the car is sitting on my driveway running out of air and all the tire shops are closed. The only one that was open was sears and they don't carry 285 35 19s. The tires still had a good 40% life left in them...

Does anyone know if I can leave the car overnight and still go the claimed 50 miles with the run flats tomorrow morning to get to a tire show? Or is it going to be completely flat and need to get towed?

And does anyone know if runflats can be patched up? If not I have to get a new tire, actually two rear tires to make them match. No way I'm going with the run craps anymore...

There doesn't seem to be any nails or anything that I see that has punctured the tire...

Thanks for helping
Check to see if the nut that holds the sensor valve stem has loosened. I was at the track and heard the tell tale hissssss! Turns out all the nuts on the sensors were not very tight. I had to dismount the tire and replace the rubber o-ring like seal. worked perfect....no further problems.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

you will be able to drive it to the shop even after sitting over night
Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Corvette.C6-R
Burning Brakes

Problem fixed. It was a nail that was wedged into the tire really good. Patched up and no problem. $13 fix

Get notified of new replies

To Help please...tire running out of air

Quick Reply: Help please...tire running out of air