Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 10.76 stock on drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 AM
O7zeeO6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After spending some time learning about who the posters are in this this wildfire paced thread, I just noticed a pattern and thought I'd share it with you all and let you come up with your own conclusions. I don't claim to be a smart person, I just thought that this is interesting. If what people put down on their profiles are true and the system's database is correct, then these are my observations:

What Non-ZC6, mildly stock modified C6Z with 1/4 ET's slightly less than Ranger's best, and some heavily modified C6Z owners are saying.
- Ranger is a baby and can't face reality
- Stop denying this guy's credit, he's proven his credibility by posting a time slip
- How come no one questions Ranger?

What Ranger, C6Z owners who knows Ranger very well, and experienced C6Z owners are saying
- 11/17 is surrounded by thick cloud of mystery and may/or definitely not a reliable source
- 1.5 sec 60' time is near impossible to achieve with the stock clutch. It is so much so that it can be compared to a feat done in "Ripley's believe it or not" or in "Guinness Book of world records," which will need to be seen to be believed.

What 11/17 is saying
- i rily done did it, wyh wotn no one beliv me? (proof reading/spell check is our friend. I apologize in advance if you are offended. I just can't help it )

My conclusions are:
- Both sides will not come to any sort of agreement or compromise since they are talking two different languages
- There is a a lot of animosity felt by some C5Z owners towards C6Z owners; may be even greater than the animosity felt by some pre-08 Viper owners towards C6Z owners (I think that this is unfortunate, as well as the next one since I feel that we are on the same team)
- There is a clear divide between C6Z owners who chose to remain mostly stock or stock, and those who chose to mod or would like to, the heck out of their Z's.
- If 11/17 will not go into the Vette history as the owner and driver of the fastest C6Z, he will go into the history books as the one who started a thread that spread faster than the recent San Diego fires. It may be a CF record, anyone keeping track?

I swear this is my last post on this thread
Old 11-17-2007, 05:21 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by O7zeeO6
. the one who started a thread that spread faster than the recent San Diego fires. It may be a CF record, anyone keeping track?
I agree with what you said, and as far as a record thread, not even close.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:47 AM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I just read this crazy thread!!! From the 1st time I looked at the "slip" in question, I thought it was the C6Z in the right lane and some other car that ran the 10.7 number in the left lane. That has happened to all of us that dragrace at one time or another. A car puts a fast run down in the other lane. IMO he is claiming the other lane to be him when in fact he was in the right lane. A well modded GT500 on very sticky tires would put down those numbers. Since he was running no time, it is hard to know for sure unless you were there and made a note which car ran which lane on which pass.... Ok, I said my part on that.

Also one more note. When I submitted my request for the Fast List I had to prove my slip was legit. I had made mention of the run in old posts briefly, but I never posted a specific post about it when it happened. I did supply whatever proof they needed. There is nothing wrong with getting more proof to verify a claimed run. There are so many ways someone could put up a bogus slip. I have no problem with anyone asking for more proof for this crazy quick run.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 AM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 294 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Modded cars are not built with anywhere near the consistancy or Quality Control as factory cars.
We dyno'd three Z06's same dyno, same day. Two made 445 +/- 5 rwhp SAE. The third made 465/467. All stock, factory tune, no added parts. The difference? The lower powered ones were in the low 11:1 A/F range and the higher reading one was in the low 12:1 A/F. So yes, there are some that run better than others factory stock.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:02 AM
J HEBERT
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6Speeder
We dyno'd three Z06's same dyno, same day. Two made 445 +/- 5 rwhp SAE. The third made 465/467. All stock, factory tune, no added parts. The difference? The lower powered ones were in the low 11:1 A/F range and the higher reading one was in the low 12:1 A/F. So yes, there are some that run better than others factory stock.
U people reading this better believe that, it's e-38 gospel
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 11/*17 STOCK
im not to good with computers so i need help how to post my slip. 10.76 at 126.57 mph with a 1.505 60ft
To the OP and your buddies, mission accomplished.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:06 AM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Default here are some facts

1/4 mile time: 10.76

Trap Speed: 126.00

Weight of vehicle
with driver (pounds): 3250

Horsepower @ flywheel = 516.07 HP
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Smokinu
Instructor

POST HIS TIME TO TH"E FAST LIST....... there is no reason not too! this is rediculous. his et is very believable i dont know why yall wont post it. so what if the 60' timer may have made a mistake the rest of the run is very believable so just POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1
Old 11-17-2007, 11:55 AM
ErikNM
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 34 Posts

Like I mentioned before, the Fast List is a 1/4 mile Registry and NOT a 60' or 330' registry. His 1/4 mile is definitely on par for a stock Z06 with drag radials. I mentioned before the timing could've been messed up at the beginning of the track. Would that be HIS fault? Because of a 60' timing error, that makes his run invalid, even though he did run a 10.7?

I've yet to see anyone dispute that a 10.7 on drag radials is achievable. Remember, we're not talking about 60', burnout technique, 0-60mph, etc. We are talking about 1/4 mile.

It's so ridiculous that this guy has to prove MORE than anyone else on the list. That is unfair and terrible practice. There is NO disputing this, if you think otherwise you are WRONG. It is sad to see that this Fast List is run unfairly...one would think that this "official list" that is stickied to the top would be consistent and fair. Makes the administrators of the list unjust, unfair, and biased.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikNM
Because of a 60' timing error, that makes his run invalid, even though he did run a 10.7?
If there was a 60' timing error it would effect the whole run. So yea, it would make it invalid. Why would you want timing clock errors on the list?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:25 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowgoin
Everyone on the list should provide the same thing to be on the list. I remember you guys asking why ranger did not let go of all his details. Why is this? If he did not give FULL disclosure why should anyone else? I remember we had to pay and buy his DVD to get this info. Ranger just needs to tweak his fast thread to make it easier to check. Maybe have a list of accepted tracks? Someone in each state could be put in charge of that state and report back to this forum. This seems a little deep to do, but I think it is the only way that would prevent this from happening again. This new forum member has got to think some on here are just bananas.

The only way to stop this is the have a strict set of guidelines. A form should be made and be able to be printed out and brought to the track. When each has been met the operator of the car should be on the fast list. Simple.
Bro you are really fetching, it is only a list on computer club website, you are making it way to important than it is, originally I though this list was put up for fun, its become obvious now it was put up for one person to give him some attention enough to make a buck off it. I passed on a C6Z06 it just doesnt do it for me ,kept my C5Z06 and bought the exact Viper I always wanted, so I wouldnt be able to post a time on the C6 list if I wanted to, which I dont, I dont like posteing my times, just like I get sick of people asking what I bench, If I were to find some of my slips for my C5, I would be pretty darn close to or at the top in some of the categorys, I chose not to post, Things like this inflated rangers head in the 1st place, please dont his feed ego(now broken) any more. The owners of this board are probably ticked to death, about how many hits this site is getting with this post, why do you think its still open. Congrats to them, lots of money being made, the list should be updated when this calms down, ranger doesnt want to make himself look any worse than he already has. But its good free promo for his homemade video, so he'll milk it to the end.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 11-17-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:26 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech
Carlos,

I'm interested to hear your option on why you feel there are large variations in the LS7s power output from the factory. Where does the extra power come from? Do you have any engine dyno data of stock LS7s with stock manifolds and calibration support this? We have tested literally hundreds of LS7s on our 3 engine dynamometers and none of them had these variations.

Maybe Henry Rose can chime in and offer some insight into the Performance Build Center's quality control and procedures.
Jason,

I have no doubt in my mind that you guys have done many testing on these LS7 engines.

But I am telling ya and many here will agree, some of these cars are spitting out greater numbers than other. Of course, our observations are from chassis dynos and NOT engine dynos.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM
0MR Z
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Smokinu
POST HIS TIME TO TH"E FAST LIST....... there is no reason not too! this is rediculous. his et is very believable i dont know why yall wont post it. so what if the 60' timer may have made a mistake the rest of the run is very believable so just POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

The reason not to post it there is the fact that he hasn't gone post up in the fast list thread with all the info on the run. I posted about this already. Please read previous post and get an understanding of the fast list before posting comments like this.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c5_from_jc
He won't be able to answer you. This is a punk kid who just trying to make trouble on the forum. What is this guys credentials? This is a guy who has NO background in engine building, engineering, or any other kind of applicable education. If I heard correctly, he is a finance guy. That is right, FINANCE. What the hell does this guy know about Science and Engineering?

Do you know me my friend? Why the name calling?

Boy, what did I ever do to some of you MD area Vette guys? I sense some hate from that neck of the wood for some reason. Could it be the influence from...

Oh well, stick and stones may break me, but words will never hurt me.

My father has an Mechanical Engineering dregree, my mother is a Registered Nurse with accounting degree as well...does that count? Do I have enough good blood in me to earn your approval?

Thanks,
Carlos...the finance guy, punk kid with no Science or Engineering degree.

Man, I suppose to be at the track with some of our customers
Old 11-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Slowgoin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Bro you are really fetching, it is only a list on computer club website, you are making it way to important than it is, originally I though this list was put up for fun, its become obvious now it was put up for one person to give him some attention enough to make a buck off it. I passed on a C6Z06 it just doesnt do it for me ,kept my C5Z06 and bought the exact Viper I always wanted, so I wouldnt be able to post a time on the C6 list if I wanted to, which I dont, I dont like posteing my times, just like I get sick of people asking what I bench, If I were to find some of my slips for my C5, I would be pretty darn close to or at the top in some of the categorys, I chose not to post, Things like this inflated rangers head in the 1st place, please dont his feed ego(now broken) any more. The owners of this board are probably ticked to death, about how many hits this site is getting with this post, why do you think its still open. Congrats to them, lots of money being made, the list should be updated when this calms down, ranger doesnt want to make himself look any worse than he already has. But its good free promo for his homemade video, so he'll milk it to the end.

Point taken. I just felt for someone to start or maintain such a list he/she would be a car enthusiast, not a narcissist. I thought all would want him on the list. It represents the corvette in a positive light, and would give other competitive members a chance of acquiring that top spot. I never imagined the the drivers on the list at present would do everything in their power to remain on the list in the positions they are in.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Jason,

I have no doubt in my mind that you guys have done many testing on these LS7 engines.

But I am telling ya and many here will agree, some of these cars are spitting out greater numbers than other. Of course, our observations are from chassis dynos and NOT engine dynos.

Thanks,
Carlos

I believe you, because I have seen it too on chassis dynos. I believe that the outliers in the scatterplot of modified Z06s are the cars that have drivetrains that are higher mileage and very broken in. I don't believe it is a coincidence that the two highest rwhp modified Z06s we've ever tested have also been the highest mileage. One of which we also tested on the engine dyno and was exactly the same bhp as every other Street Attack. I also believe rotating mass is a variable that a chassis dyno can't account for. Lighter wheels and tires will reduce drivetrain loss. SW does have HREs and different tires, and that is a contributing factor. Additionally, some dyno days are better than others. Even with dilligent weather settings, some days just seem better than others. This is the problem with comparing chassis dyno numbers. It is a moving target you just can't pin down.

I think that you are giving people the idea that some LS7s put out more bhp than others. Whether it is intentional or not, I don't believe that is fair to the Performance Build Center, GM Powertrain, or the owners of these cars. It gives people a false sense that maybe their car is not as good as somebody else's for reasons that can't be explained. I'm trying to be an advocate of the truth for the greater good of the forum. I have nothing to gain here. The truth is if I go pull dyno data from stock LS7s with stock calibration and stock manifolds, they are all going to be around 505-508bhp using SAE J-1349. There may be outliers of single digit horsepower here or there, but I would sooner blame that on air quality or dyno variance than the engine itself. You are implying (at least by the way I read it) that there are factory freaks of excessive amounts of horsepower which isn't the case.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you know me my friend? Why the name calling?

Boy, what did I ever do to some of you MD area Vette guys? I sense some hate from that neck of the wood for some reason. Could it be the influence from...

Oh well, stick and stones may break me, but words will never hurt me.

My father has an Mechanical Engineering dregree, my mother is a Registered Nurse with accounting degree as well...does that count? Do I have enough good blood in me to earn your approval?

Thanks,
Carlos...the finance guy, punk kid with no Science or Engineering degree.

Man, I suppose to be at the track with some of our customers
Carlos is one of the more important people on this site. He know's his stuff and as a vendor, a super guy to deal with.

Get notified of new replies

To 10.76 stock on drag radials

Old 11-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason,

Thanks,
Carlos
Carlos,

No personal attack here...

I spoke with an LS7 builder about this earlier today.

He will chime in later to verify and post pure facts on this.

There are no 'freaks' period!

Furthermore, every LS7 engine is hot tested after it's built.

You just mentioned yourself this is being witnessed on chassis dynos, which is self explanatory.

. This is the problem with comparing chassis dyno numbers. It is a moving target you just can't pin down.

I think that you are giving people the idea that some LS7s put out more bhp than others. You are implying (at least by the way I read it) that there are factory freaks of excessive amounts of horsepower which isn't the case.
I read it this way as well.

Mike
Old 11-17-2007, 01:13 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Carlos,

You just mentioned yourself this is being witnessed on chassis dynos, which is self explanatory.

Mike
I'll give that Mike, thanks!

The bump in power we have seen could very well be from ECM calibrations differences. But I tell ya brotha, we have seen and driven some strong Z's out there.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Carlos,

Mike
Thank you Mike, you saved me some typing.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 10.76 stock on drag radials