Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I like the NSX, so I venture over there, and

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
EFE Z06
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lexaudio
Is the car lowered?

LEX
Nope! The Z06 is already low compared to the standard C6, but when you blacken the rocker panels it makes it look even lower and sleeker, it's an optical illusion. I've had several people come up to the car and say "This car looks fast just sitting still!" I agree!!!

EFE Z06
Old 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
EFE Z06
Racer

Default Calling for a C6 Z06 owner in Horsham PA?

I've been posting over at the NSX Forum and trying to prove to those guys a new Corvette and especially the Z06 is well worth looking into. There is one particular member that would love to take a ride in a Z06 if someone in his area would be willing to give him a demo. I'm hoping someone on this thread might live close enough to Eric and would be willing to give him a ride? He lives in Horsham PA. I'm sure he'd go back to the forum and tell it like it is after experiencing a Z06!

If so, here is the thread at the NSX Forum, his sign-on name is ericwgnsx.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90017

Thanks!

EFE Z06
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EFE Z06
I've been posting over at the NSX Forum and trying to prove to those guys a new Corvette and especially the Z06 is well worth looking into. There is one particular member that would love to take a ride in a Z06 if someone in his area would be willing to give him a demo. I'm hoping someone on this thread might live close enough to Eric and would be willing to give him a ride? He lives in Horsham PA. I'm sure he'd go back to the forum and tell it like it is after experiencing a Z06!

If so, here is the thread at the NSX Forum, his sign-on name is ericwgnsx.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90017

Thanks!

EFE Z06
Tell him to give me a call. I live about 15 minutes from Horsham. PM me for my phone number.

Frank Gonzalez
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 AM
EFE Z06
Racer

Wow, the thread going on over at NSXPrime has sure been an experience, for some reason they think the Z06 really shouldn't be on the street, it's a car made for the track and most people wouldn't know how to drive it on the street!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...t=90017&page=5

I agree with the last part of that statement!

EFE Z06

Last edited by EFE Z06; 08-07-2007 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 AM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And after reading all your posts, it would seem like your one of them.....
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 AM
dave07z
Racer

Originally Posted by CFRA_7
The NSX is an excellent street car. It’s a weak track car. It handles (handling and traction are two different things) better than the Corvette of the same vintage and the reliability and feedback to the driver are far superior. It does have “optimum” street horse power as opposed to maximum HP. You also don’t pass yourself every day as you do in a Corvette. I bought my NSX 8 years ago for $27K at 70K miles and I’m selling it today at 171K miles for $19K. Let’s see a Z06 of the same vintage pull that one off.

So if I’m such a big NSX fan, why am I selling? I also race a Formula Mazda (much faster than a C6 Z06). I grow tired of spending $250 every time I push the start button. I also miss driving to the track, having fun and driving home. The race car is a lot of work. I would never consider the Z06 if I wanted a street only car. I don’t need 505 hp to go for a drive unless I’m on the track. If it was street only I would get a Boxster S, Cayman or another NSX. I’m a mid-engine car fan.

The one place the Z06 shines brighter than all others is at the track. That’s why I would buy a Z06. Please note that I’m not putting down the Z06. Everyone likes different cars for different reasons. If speed was your only concern, no one would have bought a C4 or C5 Corvette because the Viper was faster. Corvette wasn’t able to beat the Viper until 2006. Of course those people who bough C4s and C5s used other excuses besides performance to justify their decision. Now that the Corvette is on top, they use the max performance argument.

The Z06 is the best performance car in the world for the money. It just isn’t the best car in the world. No car is. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Everyone has things that are more important to them at different points in their life. Some are Corvette fans and will never drive anything else. Some are 911 fans for the same reason. I’ve driven just about every performance car under the sun and have my own list of favorites. Case in point. I would much rather have a Ferrari 360 than a Z06. I know it’s slower and, more expensive to operate but it’s sexy and feels and sounds like a Ferrari. Some cars I would rather drive even if they are slower. If I wanted only to go fast, I would keep my Formula Mazda. Don’t talk about going fast on the street or stop-light drag races. That’s stupid stuff. You may be a good driver but the person you line up with may loose control and kill people. You’ll also be at fault at that point. Don’t be an idiot!

How about this. Let’s respect all drivers for their choices. No car is best for everyone and no car is perfect. For reliability, feedback, cost to operate, exclusivity the NSX is superior. For performance (breaking, traction, acceleration) the Z06 is superior. I won’t argue looks because that is a personal opinion.
Well said. I just sold my 06Z and and bought a new 07' 911 Turbo. If anyone argues about price, let's just say you get what you pay for. I love the Z06 and have had 9 Vettes, but in reality GM sucks and the quality is no where near where an almost 80k car should be.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:58 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Zred06
I laughed my A$$ off! Can you believe that there are some over there that claim the C6Z is the best bang for the buck performance machine, yet they think it looks like an ordinary corvette? And then they say there is no way they would trade their NSX for one, and then they say that the C6Z depreciates from 80K to 30K in 3 years, too funny to say the least. it is like comedy central over there.
I think it is actually pretty decent over there. They are not in denial and trying to act as if their NSXs' are just as fast and they give the vette credit on its performance. Their is nothing wrong with them saying they would not trade in their cars for a C6Z because maybe they simply like their cars more?? Their are PLENTY of more expensive and faster cars that I would not trade my C5Z for just because I really love the looks of the c5 hardtop and modded to me it is the perfect car; to them the NSX is the perfect car. In addition, they may have exaggerated on the deprecation comment but make no mistakes about it, Vettes DO depreciate ALOT.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

NSX = great car for people who are afraid of going fast.

When all else fails bash the build quality of a $75k 500hp exotic beating American car that doesn't have hand stitched leather interior. (still $15k less than a new 290hp NSX ha!)

Last edited by SurfnSun; 08-07-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

EFE Z06,

Am not trying to offend, its just that you have been on some type of
personal crusade for quite some time now.
Folks are confused on both sides?
It seems like you seek some type of self justification for your purchase?

At some point you grow up and realize, its the driver rather than the car. At that point you search for the cars that you enjoy driving.

And just know, there will always be someone faster in a lesser car.
No matter what you own. You live in AZ. Several great tracks there.
Do you mean to tell me, your personal z06 lap times are faster than every 4 or 6 cylinder around every road course in your area?

Lets get a bit humble now, and admit we could possibly get passed by a girl driving a bread truck one day.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...adband_wm.html

"NSX = great car for people who are afraid of going fast"
Check the gold chain at the door........... Thanks

Last edited by 396 RAT; 08-07-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by 396 RAT
Check the gold chain at the door........... Thanks
What do gold chains have to do with...well anything?

290hp = slow, especially for a $90k car. Besides at least one of the guys on that thread admitted the Z06 was too much car for him. Truth hurts doesn't it?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
EFE Z06
Racer

EFE Z06,

Am not trying to offend, its just that you have been on some type of
personal crusade for quite some time now.
Folks are confused on both sides?
It seems like you seek some type of self justification for your purchase?

At some point you grow up and realize, its the driver rather than the car. At that point you search for the cars that you enjoy driving.

And just know, there will always be someone faster in a lesser car.
No matter what you own. You live in AZ. Several great tracks there.
Do you mean to tell me, your personal z06 lap times are faster than every 4 or 6 cylinder around every road course in your area?

Lets get a bit humble now, and admit we could possibly get passed by a girl driving a bread truck one day.
Not the case at all, you obviously miss my point also! It's all the false stereotyping many NSX owners spout about the Corvette! They lump all of them as having poor quality, rattling and unreliable - even to go as far as saying they'd be afraid to drive one across the country, I mean what a crock of BS! Most of them have never been in or driven a Z06 or a new C6 but yet they are quick to label all Corvettes as stated above.

To admit the Z06 is quick is something they can't deny, but then to cut it down in every other area just because they have a warped view of Corvettes, it's absurd! Oh yeh, then one of the last posters writes a lengthy post stating that "every" Japanese car is built better than a Corvette, this is the kind of crap and stereotyping these so called car enthusiasts spout? Give me a break! Bias and ignorance is bliss for some!

I can appreciate the differences in the types of cars people chose and I stated so in one of my postings their, but to slam another car with false accusations just because it is not one that YOU prefer is immature at best! The only negative I posted about the NSX was its lack of power which even some owners agreed with, but in no way did I degrade the car or post a list of unhappy owners that sold their NSX's. Some of those guys focused on every little problem a C6 or Z06 may have had and acted like all of them are having the same problem, I stated the two recalls and made it clear that the car has been flawless for most that own them. Of course when GM produces 25 to 30 thousand Corvettes and some have a problem, it's going to get a lot more publicity than a low volume car gets, simply because of the fact more people have them. But overall the C6 and Z06 are great cars and I myself never would have thought I'd be talking about a Corvette like this just a few years ago, but now that I've owned one for almost two years I've changed my mind!

EFE Z06

Last edited by EFE Z06; 08-07-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

At least I am not alone on the list:

1. 396 RAT
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Like most things, people want to believe they have the best. The NSX is a nice care as is the Z06. I don't think the Vette guys have hit the NSX guys as hard as they have hit us. They listed some problems that I have never heard of before. Like the exhaust getting hot and starting fires. I think I missed that TSB. I work with a guy who has an NSX and all he talks about is how bad he would beat a Vette. The sad part is he spent 90K on the car then dropped 20K into it just to be faster than my C6. After riding in his NSX I thought it was fast, but I thought my car was more comfortable. It's a nice car, but I would have got the C5 over it new Vs. new, and the C6 hands down. Not to take anything away from the NSX, thats just my personal opinion. The Next NSX with 500hp and a 10, I might look at. Then again that will be around the time the C7 is introduced.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
EFE Z06
Racer

At least I am not alone on the list:

1. 396 RAT
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna
Hey RAT,
I wonder why so many of those guys at Prime want to or have already modified their NSX's, I thought in stock form it was all one needed on the street, and surely going faster isn't a priority according to all the BS I received over there?

I'll say it again, the fact is everybody wants more performance - whether they use it on the street or the track and to say the NSX has enough is just a line of bull from owners who won't admit the car is underpowered (compared to other performance sports cars). Once that new NSX hits the dealers with 400 to 500HP, all the bull about the Z06 having too much power at the NSX website will fade away and you know that's the truth!

Calling me a troll or any other explicative they've used over there is just an excuse to try and annul what they and maybe you don't want to hear regarding your sweet NSX's? It was okay while many of them degraded the Z06 and Corvettes overall, but last night when I was a little more blunt about the NSX, it was like a bee entering a wasp hive!

They can dish out crap about Corvettes and feel justified, but they sure hate to receive anything even resembling negative towards their NSX's! The one poster (I think it was ZR1NSX) had it right when he said he hated specialty car sites, they have all proven to be overly biased and lopsided! And yes, we even have diehard Vette people here that wouldn't think of buying or owning a Japanese car, I'm not one of them.

EFE Z06

Last edited by EFE Z06; 08-07-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

"I don't think the Vette guys have hit the NSX guys as hard as they have hit us."

How could you miss the post right above your last one and say that?
The NSX crowd is very easy to get along with.
I suggest you re-read this thread,
and this one below.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...294#post855294

Then re-think your last comment.

This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in quite some time.

Randall G, It was fun going to C&C Sat. & thanks for letting me get your 07 C6 sideways on the on-ramp! Nice car!

Last edited by 396 RAT; 08-07-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

"I don't think the Vette guys have hit the NSX guys as hard as they have hit us."

How could you miss the post right above your last one and say that?
The NSX crowd is very easy to get along with.
I suggest you re-read this thread,
and this one below.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...294#post855294

Then re-think your last comment.

This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in quite some time.

Randall G, It was fun going to C&C Sat. & thanks for letting me get your 07 C6 sideways on the on-ramp! Nice car!
Rat I stated that wrong, I should have said they hit us more than we hit them. Your right, that was a hard shot, funny but hard! EFE the guy calling you a Troll was out of pocket. I would own ANY brand of car if I was provided what I paid for. If I was concerned with a "nice" interior I would buy an Audi. I bought a sports car and feel like the C6 provides me with what I want in a sports car. The Z06 is a awsome car period! That's not to take anything away from anything else. The NSX is still a nice car, and when they introduce the new one I'll look at it as well as the Lexus LF-A. Until that time I will enjoy my C6 and all that it provides.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 PM
396 RAT
Melting Slicks

Yea, this is a funny thread.
When I can drive my NSX with its short list of susp & engine mods to its full potential, I will then address the need for more HP.
Truth be told, I will probably never be able to achieve that level of driving skill. Very, very few ever will. Regardless as to what they believe or post on a forum. (am not talking about mashing the loud pedal, but rather smooth control at the limit)
Its taken me 30 years of going around corners to get here, and I know I have quite a ways to go.
See the Box van video, that about sums it up.
As a car enthusiast, we are truly living in the golden age. The past 20 yrs. have produced cars with more ability than 95% of its drivers! (I know, I know, everyone think's they are in that 5%)
Great fun! And a real car enthusiast appreciates all sports cars.
Some just more than others.
Enjoy your car! Whatever it is!

Get notified of new replies

To I like the NSX, so I venture over there, and

Old 08-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Randall G.
Racer

***snip***

You got it sideways good; thanks for the warning! I never doubted stability control...err...you...for a moment. lol!

Appreciate your letting me drive you NSX. Handles like it's on rails, what a blast!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Sun Devil
Intermediate

Hmmm - an NSX forum...never saw that one coming.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
EFE Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Beach
The NSX is still a nice car, and when they introduce the new one I'll look at it as well as the Lexus LF-A. Until that time I will enjoy my C6 and all that it provides.
I seriously was considering not buying the Z06 and waiting till the LF-A comes out, but over the last couple of years the price I'm hearing keeps going higher and higher, last rumored up to $150k now???

As I stated way back in the beginning at the NSX forum, I believe the Z06 has set a new standard for a high performance car at a reasonable price, now the Japanese as well as all other car makers around the world better learn to compete if they want super car customers! Whether some like it or not, the new Z06 (and C6) have (in my opinion) set a new bench mark for pricing a performance sports car, it has brought buyers to the sports car world that haven't owned a sports car in many years. They will continue to draw many more buyers than other sports cars simply because of the price/value/performance ratio! And they keep getting better and better without the price going up very much, that's a winning combination in my book!

EFE Z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] I like the NSX, so I venture over there, and