C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66-67 powerglide dust shield

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 66-67 powerglide dust shield

After a bit of info if someone could help please
I have a Chevy of another description, It has a 427 and glide fitted.
I do not have a dust cover fitted to it because the 168 flexplate is to big, I have been led to believe that Big blocks in 66 and 67 with the Powerglide option used a 168 tooth flexplate???? Is this correct??

If so what i am after is a part# for the dust shield or if someone could point me in the right direction where i might obtain one I would appreciate it.

cheers
Jim

69 L71
70 Nova
Old 06-10-2007, 10:37 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

427 Powerglides had a 168-tooth flexplate, and that underpan/dust cover was P/N 3831527; SB's used P/N 3789959.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
R6T7
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
After a bit of info if someone could help please
I have a Chevy of another description, It has a 427 and glide fitted.
I do not have a dust cover fitted to it because the 168 flexplate is to big, I have been led to believe that Big blocks in 66 and 67 with the Powerglide option used a 168 tooth flexplate???? Is this correct??

If so what i am after is a part# for the dust shield or if someone could point me in the right direction where i might obtain one I would appreciate it.

cheers
Jim

69 L71
70 Nova
Jim -

If you find a supply of these, please let me know - I've been looking for one without success for several months.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

JohnZ, Thank you kindly for the info

Bob, if I find a stash I'll keep you in mind.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bobbeh
Jim -

If you find a supply of these, please let me know - I've been looking for one without success for several months.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob, below is a quote that I've posted to a couple of other forums. I'm not sure if you know what you are looking for or not but i've attached a couple of pictures to help make the search easier

cheers
jim

________________________________________ _____________________________

Ok, to make a short story long I am looking for an underpan for a Glide. This underpan has to fit over a 168 tooth flexplate.

Below is three pictures, the shinier black one is to suit 153 tooth and the other is to suit 168 tooth.
The 153 tooth one has been butchered in the centre where it goes over the crank....whoops still don't fit so don't pay to much attention to it.

(left and right as in picture, not as fitted to car)

They are different in that the 168 tooth one in the first pic has the crease closer to the outer edge than the other.On the starter side the opening is closer to the outer edge and smaller on the 168 tooth one.
When sitting back to back the larger one is 5/8" taller than the small one.
On the larger one the actual height is 7 5/16", the halfmoon in the centre is 6 3/8" and with the two corners cut out of the halfmoon the width is 8 2/2"

Now the question is.........does anyone have one or know of one they could put me onto?

PS:these are not reproduced so a new one is out of the question.

cheers
Jim

Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
dab67
5th Gear

So any ideas from anyone where to find a few of these covers? I have the same situation posted at CRG for a 350 sb with a 168 tooth flywheel. I contacted a Chevy dealer and gave them the part number JohnZ mentioned (3831527) and they stated no longer available and no Chevy dealer has one on the shelf.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To 66-67 powerglide dust shield

Quick Reply: 66-67 powerglide dust shield