Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pass side Door wont lock and pwr window wont work????? Help anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 02:38 PM
tagrl99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pass side Door wont lock and pwr window wont work????? Help anyone?

I just got a 99 vette and I have had some problems with the alarm/locking system. My battery died a few days ago, I reset the key fob on my car. It was working fine for a while. Now inside the car the power window on the passenger side doesnt work with either switch, just makes a clicking noise and the power lock botton doesnt work on either side for the passenger door. Everything on the driver door works. The key fob also will unlock the passenger door, but it wont lock it. Anyone had any similar probs or have any advice?? Thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 03:06 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question - does the security system "think" the passenger door is locked? i.e., if you open the "locked" door, does the alarm go off?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:16 PM
tagrl99
Instructor

Yes it does, I went to see if the pass side door was locked last night after arming it and the alarm went off.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:20 PM
skydive
Advanced

I had the same thing happening to my car. It was the connector in the accordian tube between the car and the door.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
valet_devil
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

The same thing is happening with my driver's side now. It thinks (and tries to lock it) that the door is locked and the alarm will go off when checked. If I lock and unlock several times like a damn fool with OCD, it will eventually lock.

What have you guys discovered?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 PM
BlueDream
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar problem with my 2003 coupe. The passenger accessories (window and lock) stopped working. Dealer diagnossed it as a wiring issue and ordered a $400 part under warranty. Unfortunately, they also drove my car which resulted in a blown engine (long story there) and didn't replace the part.

The mechanic that replaced my engine took a look at the window/lock problem and realized that the wiring connections had gotten a little wather and cleaned the connections. Its been working great ever since.

Bottom line is don't start ordering parts. Check the wiring first and see if there is a bad connection or slight corrosion.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:43 PM
ptdrummer54
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07
NCM Ambassador

Take a look at this post - maybe you're having a similar problem with your pass side door?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Termin8r27
Advanced

SAME exact problem that started happening to me out of the blue yesterday. Battery finally went dead tonite while I was messing with stuff.

Looks like I might have loose connections. The BCM started clicking, etc and I can get the passenger door lock/window to work if I played with the wires and cleared the codes...

This sucks...
Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Termin8r27
Advanced

FWIW I just got done checking all my connections and everything looks fine. Battery was still dead and I charged it up and everything seems to be good with no codes.
It has a Wal Mart battery from the previous owner so I think it might be the battery...it tested 'fine' but I have found quite a few instances of the cheaper batteries not being sufficient.

Get notified of new replies

To Pass side Door wont lock and pwr window wont work????? Help anyone?

Quick Reply: Pass side Door wont lock and pwr window wont work????? Help anyone?