Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Share Your PERSONAL experience with Torco!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:25 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Share Your PERSONAL experience with Torco!

If you've ever used Torco Race Fuel concentrate, can you please share a few words on your experience with it.
Thanks,
JB
Old 10-23-2005, 02:48 AM
dgussin1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never used it, but a few friend do...their plugs look wierd after use...orange almost. My guess is that it leaves residue in the engine. Also for the cost, a tank of 100 octane is about the same as a tank of 91/93 and a bottle of torco. I don't see it's benefit, unless race gas isn't available locally.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:54 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by dgussin1
Never used it, but a few friend do...their plugs look wierd after use...orange almost. My guess is that it leaves residue in the engine. Also for the cost, a tank of 100 octane is about the same as a tank of 91/93 and a bottle of torco. I don't see it's benefit, unless race gas isn't available locally.
As requested in the title, please limit this thread to personal experience using it.
Thank You
Old 10-23-2005, 03:26 AM
ONealLaw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I have used Torco and I am very pleased with the results. I can definetly tell that my engine ran better and pulled stronger with it in my tank. My new engine will definetly have the protection and insurance of Torco in the tank to guard against any potential detonation from unsuspecting poor octane gas. Before you ask, No, I don't know the secret formula of what makes Torco work, I just know that I am very happy with it and I will continue to purchase it for my cars because it works. Just like, I don't know how the brain with fluids, electrical signals and tissue are able to record sounds and images however I know that it does work to do just that. My .02 and my personal experience with Torco.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:02 AM
sparco
sparco
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Torco

I have used it in turbocharged engines that run 21-24psi boost. I have no complaints and the label on the can illustrates in chart form the amount one has to add to raise the boost say from 93 to 100 octane. It is a lot easier use than to have to fool around looking for 100 octane race gas or being at a track and finding out that the pumps are broken.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:37 AM
boatboatboat
Drifting

can you damage an engine running to much octane?

at what point does having more octane do NOTHING to performance?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 448 Likes on 243 Posts

I have made more power than most (about 300 rear hp/tq then the current C6 Z06) using Torco, and plan on making even more power, I wouldn't hesitate to use Torco again...Zero KR and max boost is hard to argue with. The plugs did get a resisdue (orange/brown) on them, but there was no performance problem with the plugs. In fact I ran the car for sometime after having used Torco..and it never missed a beat.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:57 AM
DT
Le Mans Master

Howdy!

Used it in my Supra for a couple of years with a T04R big single conversion - the support electronics we had a low and high octane map. The latter was dialed in to run with 100 octane gas and with the correct Torco mix the car ran solid, put down 650rwhp, and never missed a beat.

I did a pretty regular plug swap (wow, were plugs easy to swap in that DOHC) and there was always a touch of residue as people have described, but very minor. When I sold the car nearly two years later tank after tank of Torco, the next owner did a compression test and the motor had nearly the same numbers as when I originally purchased it.

Not a Corvette example, but certainly my experience was positive. Personally, I was happy that I could pretty safely carry it with me and upgrade *any* pump gas. The safety/health/convenience concerns with toluene or xylene made it better for me.

Seeya -
Old 10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used it for over seven years, no issues, and recommend it.

Charlie
Old 10-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

I use Torco, it is awesome. I works. All I can buy out here is 91 octane. With out Torco I Ping, timing is pulled. With one quart to a tank, no pulled timing and no problems.

I swear as to the accuracy of my statement. I do not lie, this did occur as described, repeatedly.

If you do not believe in the authenticity of my comment, you have that right. But please have the courtesy to explane why when I use it, these issues go away.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Here's my direct experience.

I've used it for almost 4 years without any engine problems whatsoever.

I've done ease scans to check KR before and after, on the dyno, track and street.

I've paid good $ to have Saybolt labs in Carson (310-513-02031) do an octane test.

I've beaten the living **** out of my car and had no KR to report. I only added Meth injection in the last year, before that I ran between 23 and 24 degrees of timing with 11 to 12 #s of Boost.

I do get a slight residue on the plugs, but change them with no more frequency then I did before Torco.

Here's a few hard pulls to let you know Torco is working in the car!

Click here for Video

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/p...2hardpulls.wmv

Thanks for all the great responces!!
JB
Old 10-23-2005, 01:30 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 756 Likes on 306 Posts

Cool little marketing strategy. Hope you get some biz.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:35 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've run Torco with both my ProCharger and twin turbo setups. My stock bottom end is still alive two years later. I thank my tune, Torco, and meth.

Mark
Old 10-23-2005, 03:49 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

I've been using Torco for about 4 months as of now. I have 0 KR and have found that it did enable me to run higher boost levels in the 90+ temps we had all this summer.
You can see by my sig. what I'm talking about.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
If you've ever used Torco Race Fuel concentrate, can you please share a few words on your experience with it.
Thanks,
JB

I thought you guys weren't threatened by someone questioning TORCO in the Octane Boost thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1&forum_id=100

That thread was an honest discussion of octane boosters, not a shameless plug for a product that you sell. (Well, there was a little of both, but at least both sides got to express their views.) I particularly appreciate your attempts to POLICE this thread in this post:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...74&postcount=3

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
can you damage an engine running to much octane?

at what point does having more octane do NOTHING to performance?
Are you gonna jump this guy and tell him that his post is not allowed in the context of this thread? I guess you could send him over to the Octane Boost thread...

And can I post links to posts of people who have actual BAD experience with TORCO? (like this one: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=10) or is that not firsthand experience?

Wouldn't it be better to just start a new thread called:

POST YOUR POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH TORCO AND DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT IT HERE!

Last edited by Tom Steele; 10-23-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
AWSM_06
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Had a problem with KR in my new 441 CID. Did not want to have more timing pulled to reduce ping. The addition of Torco does the trick..... no ping and GREAT erfromance! Recommended!
Old 10-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 02 Z's engine was built and tuned by MTI on crappy California 91 octaine fuel.Once I got the back last year it was tuned on 91 and ran like a bat out of hell with no pinging at all until this summer. Driving the car with the air on and 90+ temps it started to ping like crazy. My first choice was mixing 100 with 91 76 fuel to raise octaine rating. It still pinged for some reason. I then tried 16oz 1/2 a can of torco and POOF pinging all gone. Car pulls like mad now with no ping at all. Listen people what i'm saying is: no BS it flat out works. Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Share Your PERSONAL experience with Torco!

Old 10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
RonnieSVT
Instructor

This post is just a advertiseing scam .
What makes me wonder is why the guy from Vegas got so defensive about the torco when he wouldnt even need higher octane at Vegas higher elevation.

It was almost like the vegas guy was trying to help sell Torco or maybe even the same member

I was lol when I read about the guy gaining a few seconds lap time
by just adding a can to his tank!

I didnt think advertisers were supposed to post here?

Last edited by RonnieSVT; 10-23-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:24 PM
BLOWN'NC
Pro

I've been using torco for almost 4 years. I have one of the first ATI setups available. Torco gives you enough octane to be extra safe along with added performance if your engine can use it. Same plugs for 4 years here.

I like torco and so will your
Old 10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieSVT
This post is just a advertiseing scam .
What makes me wonder is why the guy from Vegas got so defensive about the torco when he wouldnt even need higher octane at Vegas higher elevation.

It was almost like the vegas guy was trying to help sell Torco or maybe even the same member

I was lol when I read about the guy gaining a few seconds lap time
by just adding a can to his tank!

I didnt think advertisers were supposed to post here?
Ronnie, I did not get defensive. You do not know me or what I am about and your wrong, I do need 93 in vegas. I drive to death valley at least twice a month. Tell me where your going to get 93 octane in death valley. I would appreciate it if you would leave me out of your posts. I am not trying to sell anything. I need octane boost,(I started the original thread) and I got help.

Last edited by vegasdude; 10-23-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Share Your PERSONAL experience with Torco!