Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Collectors Dream - "One of a Kind"

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 04:43 PM
smack123
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool car and neat piece of history.

Hey, all it takes is one guy that recognizes and appreciates the unique nature of this car and it'll have a buyer.

Is the market for this car smaller? - absolutely, but I don't think $30k is out of the question for this cream-puff - for the right buyer.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:50 AM
boatman
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comments on the 89R

Originally Posted by Aquaman92
This is why I would not never try to sell my car on this forum .The next thing is someone will quote KBB .
To the 89R owner, Lambremont : Thanks for the high price. I have my 89R up for sale, and I have also stated on the "Forum For Sale C4's", that I don't need any nasty comments about the price. Those guy's will sell one day, and they will not need any negative comments either.

On your C4, that is interesting on the paint. My roadster was ordered by a GM exec. It is red, and I cannot believe the paint on this car. It is a one footer or less as far as the quality and workmanship of the paint. No orange peel except on the front and rear bumpers. All paint on the fiber-glas is smooth as glass, and almost perfect. It has been garaged and covered it's whole life.
It was not titled for the first 3 years of it's life, and now with what he is saying about his paint, could Bowling Green have done any special paint jobs on certain cars?
On his pricing, I still think that very nice C4 roadster's are underpriced, and the best bargains out there, along with the ZR-1's.
Good luck Lambremont. There are 89 and 90 C4 roadsters with under 10K miles on www.autotrader.com for $25K and a little less.
Boatman
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey dude, your EBAY account got hacked

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 04-02-2005, 04:49 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
St. Jude Donor '05

Houston we may have a problem...back in a minute!

STW!

Platato

<<<<EDIT>>>>

Here's my post from the C3 Forum. Please also note that I emailed the seller and have yet to receive a reply. I have no idea whether the seller got hacked or something funny is going on with the seller, but I aim to find out. Uh, excuse the idiot comment below if the seller is legit. BTW! Where the heck is everyone getting $30,000 for this car? The "Buy it Now" was $8900 and the car had 30K on the clock according to the listing. A fair price for a non-ZR1 C4. I talked to some people "in the know" at Mid America today and they confirmed $8000 to $10,000 for a car in this condition with the paperwork is reasonable.

Ummmmm.....Am I gonna get hacked?

I have an Ebay rule which is to avoid ANY auction that has an "approved bidders list" or that you have to "email the seller before bidding" Well...... I found an 89 C4 vert (No comments!) on Ebay with 30K miles. The owners claims it was a test mule for Dupont paint and included many pics of the car at the factory being built and on various test equip. The guy even had pics of the documentation. The "Buy it Now" looked pretty good to me at $8900.

So....I email the guy and ask a few questions including how I can "Make the list". By the time I get done sending the email, the listing is pulled and shows invalid. I click the guys feedback (which is 100%) and it shows him as, "no longer a registered user" and I see that they haven't bought or sold for several months.

THE QUESTION....By sending this idiot an email did I just put myself in a position where I'm gonna get hacked or have my ebay or Paypal account being broken into?

STW!

Platato

P.S. The C4 was for my wife. She drives a commuter and always has. She has only expressed an interest in two decent cars in the 13 years we've been married, one is a C4 and the other is a Saleen Mustang. I've got to find her something before she buys another commuter!

Last edited by platato; 04-02-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:16 PM
lambremont
Advanced

I did get HACKED on eBay. I've been busy closing accounts and tracking the hacker. This car was to be sold starting at 30,000 No Reserve.
The Hacker changed the Ad twice. First to start at 1000 with buy now at 8900, then after I corrected the ad, it was changed to start at 100 with buy now at 8900 to pre qualified buyers only. I should have known that ebay was not the place to sell this car and Corvette Forum was not the place to discuss it. However, I challenge anyone to produce a car(any make) with as much documentation. This car will require a true Collector that understands the value of One of a Kind and Documentation. I apologize to any and all that may have been mislead. Look for this car in the future at Barrett-Jackson. In the meantime enjoy the pictures.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:27 PM
platato
Pro

Location: The Armpit of Illinois Platato says..... "Sometimes your the windshield & sometimes your the bug".
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by lambremont
I did get HACKED on eBay:
Ok, but did you get my email or did the hacker get it?

However, I challenge anyone to produce a car(any make) with as much documentation.
I've got an 81 you wouldn't believe, I may have to take you up on your challenge

I apologize to any and all that may have been mislead.
Apology accepted, but did you get my email or did a hacker get it?

Look for this car in the future at Barrett-Jackson. In the meantime enjoy the pictures
Great pictures! Good luck with BJ. It's not easy to get them to accept you car let alone expect to get $30+k for a stock C4 with pictures of it going down the line. The truth is anyone can follow their car down the line if they request it, You can even take delivery at the Corvette museum now. All I'm saying is be careful and set a reserve (if they will let you). The last time a Forum member took a car to BJ he thought he'd get $250,000 (it went for about $60k)

STW!

Platato

Last edited by platato; 04-02-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Reddy94
Instructor

Great car and documentation...Good Luck!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:50 AM
lambremont
Advanced

Originally Posted by platato
Ok, but did you get my email or did the hacker get it?
The Hacker got it...maybe he's out to harass you now.

I've got an 81 you wouldn't believe, I may have to take you up on your challenge

Sure, but I would have to make it worth my time.

Apology accepted, but did you get my email or did a hacker get it?
The Hacker got it.

It has already been accepted by several auctions, but my health has prevented my traveling and expenses .

Great pictures! Good luck with BJ. It's not easy to get them to accept you car let alone expect to get $30+k for a stock C4 with pictures of it going down the line. The truth is anyone can follow their car down the line if they request it, You can even take delivery at the Corvette museum now. All I'm saying is be careful and set a reserve (if they will let you). The last time a Forum member took a car to BJ he thought he'd get $250,000 (it went for about $60k)

I had nothing to do with building this car or taking the pictures. I bought is used in 1992. I have put 500 miles on it since I bought it.
STW!

Platato
Please send the pictures and list of documentation you have.

Jerry

Last edited by lambremont; 04-03-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:03 PM
wm_sorg
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

An amazing piece of history. Well worth the asking price. Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:07 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the asking price is about right for a C4 "collector vette" with a welth of documentation...I dont understand why people have to put such a black cloud over this car and its owner. It is not a daily driver car.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyL
I think the asking price is about right for a C4 "collector vette" with a welth of documentation...I dont understand why people have to put such a black cloud over this car and its owner. It is not a daily driver car.

My opinion is it's the "collector" status is what is in question. To say because the car was a testbed for a new clearcoat makes it rare or desirable is a stretch at best, its not like a pinnacle moment or turning point in Corvette history. The documentation is excellent and will undoubtedly give it more value but to ask 30k for what is nothing more than a excellent contition low mile 89 strikes some as unusual. Who knows, maybe someone will pay it? Id be interested to see when and where. Hemmings or Barret would be a great place to try and sell it. My guess, high teens low 20's tops.

Quick Reply: Collectors Dream - "One of a Kind"