Northern California Northern California

Advanced Dyno C5 Z06 Titanium Bypass Mod On Sale!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced Dyno C5 Z06 Titanium Bypass Mod On Sale!!

I would like to let everybody know that Advanced Dyno offers the TI bypass mod for C5Z06 owners that have their stock exhaust system in place.

This modification creates a clean, crisp note that is considerably louder than stock while eliminating virtually all of the drone that is found in most aftermarket cat backs.

The price of this system is 600.00 Installed in your C5 with the core of your stock titanium system.

We will also offer this package to C5 non Z06 owners that would like to upgrade to the louder, lighter TI set up for the price of 1200.00

Another option is to modify your stock base C5 system and that will run 475 installed.

Here is a picture of a Ti catback that we have here at the shop right now. You can see in the picture that maximum flow is achieved by following the stock exhaust in the entry and exit of the bypass.

We will also guarantee the integrity of the muffler modification from cracks or defects for the life of the system.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Robert...some people might want to just bring in their catback with no r/r on your part. What would that price be?

I'm also thinking of maybe doing a similar bypass on my B&B Bullets which would cut out the poppin and drone but be even louder. The Bullets have a metal diagonal mesh layer inside the circumference of the pipe (kinda like a glass pack effect) in the one curved section which I think makes the drone and popping effects.

Last edited by briann510; 08-01-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by briann510
Hey Robert...some people might want to just bring in their catback with no r/r on your part. What would that price be?

I'm also thinking of maybe doing a similar bypass on my B&B Bullets which would cut out the poppin and drone but be even louder. The Bullets have a metal diagonal mesh layer inside the circumference of the pipe (kinda like a glass pack effect) in the one curved section which I think makes the drone and popping effects.
I could probably knock 50$ off the price if you run them in to me. I am not putting much into the install as it is pretty painless on the rack

Let me know if you want to mess with the bullets we can help
Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert@Advanced Dyno
I could probably knock 50$ off the price if you run them in to me. I am not putting much into the install as it is pretty painless on the rack

Let me know if you want to mess with the bullets we can help
Yea im really temped on the Bullets to try modding with bypass and see what happens. I dont mind the drone of them at all, but I cant stand the heavy part throttle popping of them.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
znewts
Burning Brakes

Is that the exhaust that I sold you the other day???
Old 08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by znewton1
Is that the exhaust that I sold you the other day???
no it is not
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Am I missing something, or is it just a few inch section of pipe welded in for $600?

-TJ
LOL you are right sounds so simple. Then think about what goes into one of these systems, labor to cut and weld 2 hours, labor to swap exhaust 1 hour, Titanium pipe (A stock set of donor mufflers is 500.00 alone and is a must as it is the only guaranteed pipe that will work). Now go and price out titanium welding rod.... I wish I was getting rich off these but its not the case and the landlord does not take scrap metal for payment

Last edited by Robert@Advanced Dyno; 08-01-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:13 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Robert@Advanced Dyno
I think that garage looks familiar.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
You could always try it yourself and then have to buy another set for $500 and have it done again.

I have seen many people f**k these systems up by using the wrong type of Ti and butchering the attempt at welding. The Ti welding rod alone is nearly the cost of a set of mufflers on E-bay.
I wouldn't do it myself, I know my limitations. In fact, I’m not doing that mod because I want to be able to run Laguna Seca. I am pretty confident that my fab-guy could manage though, he was able to do this for me:

And yes, he’s worked with Ti before.

-TJ

PS- Ti rod isn’t thaaaaat bad: http://cgi.ebay.com/Titanium-TIG-Wel...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Robert@Advanced Dyno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
I hate to jump into the thread, but unless you're charging $50 for the one hour of labor, those two quotes seem to contradict each other...
Dude dont get me started on the costs.... I drive 45 miles @ 15 miles per gallon $12.00 and it takes me 45 minutes at 100.00 per hour shop rate to get them welded. would you like me to give you a break down to the penny If you dont like the price dont buy them. If you have other options go that route.

If you are an expert start a shop and run the business then see how long your dream costs keep you in operation.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
1989vette
Burning Brakes

I don't want to jump in the middle of this, but come on people. There is a hell of a lot more to this than just "welding a pipe". You have to have the welder, the rod, the pipe, the mufflers, the gas for the welder etc. Don't forget about the mask, and the electricity to actually run the welder, or the grinder, the face mask, and the grinding wheels and the electricity to run that as well. There is a lot more than "just welding some pipe". If you don't want to buy it then don't, but don't bag on his price. Because when you screw yours up and realize it isn't so easy, you will have to find a professional to do it. Experience doesn't come cheap, and he seems to know what he is doing so factor that into the equation.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989vette
I don't want to jump in the middle of this, but come on people. There is a hell of a lot more to this than just "welding a pipe". You have to have the welder, the rod, the pipe, the mufflers, the gas for the welder etc. Don't forget about the mask, and the electricity to actually run the welder, or the grinder, the face mask, and the grinding wheels and the electricity to run that as well. There is a lot more than "just welding some pipe". If you don't want to buy it then don't, but don't bag on his price. Because when you screw yours up and realize it isn't so easy, you will have to find a professional to do it. Experience doesn't come cheap, and he seems to know what he is doing so factor that into the equation.

I find it amazing how people can bash they have absolutely no experience with....simply amazing
Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tjZ06
There is more then one kind of Ti rod and you need the Ti pipe to go in between the two existing pipes, of which there is about 10 different grades of it. Choose wisely because the wrong one will ruin your day and you might have to call Robert.

Originally Posted by TM-Z06

I find it amazing how people can bash they have absolutely no experience with....simply amazing

Since everyone that does not know anything thinks it is so easy and cheap I have an alternative for ya.

I will be offering this mod done with a Sawzall, butane torch, duct tape and a 6 pack of beers if anybody wants to take me up on it. Special limited price is $575
Old 08-05-2008, 01:34 AM
1989vette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I will be offering this mod done with a Sawzall, butane torch, duct tape and a 6 pack of beers if anybody wants to take me up on it. Special limited price is $575
I'll take you up on that offer....I'll give you a call tomorrow about those alternator bolts rich. Looks like i just may get 4 of the 5 since some dumb *insert expletive here* took the motor apart before I bought it.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Richie- I will be down Thursday with the Altima. Can we do it to that thing. I already have the Factory Nismo system but this would be awesome. Also you know how I roll. Anyway we can do it for $525 and make it a 12 pack. 6 beers won't last me but 20 minutes. Also note I perfer the Duct tape to be silver.

Get notified of new replies

To Advanced Dyno C5 Z06 Titanium Bypass Mod On Sale!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by teddyca
Richie- I will be down Thursday with the Altima. Can we do it to that thing. I already have the Factory Nismo system but this would be awesome. Also you know how I roll. Anyway we can do it for $525 and make it a 12 pack. 6 beers won't last me but 20 minutes. Also note I perfer the Duct tape to be silver.
I got the tape n 3 colors just in case.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
1989vette
Burning Brakes

I'm with teddy, i've got an altima and want the duct tape exhuast, but can you use jb weld on my Ti altima pipes? I want to do it right, so the JB weld should do the job! Just make you spray paint it black with low temp paint!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

SWEET Then we can see who has the better numbers on the dyno. I did 230hp last time. This has to be good for 70hp right Richie.

Originally Posted by 1989vette
I'm with teddy, i've got an altima and want the duct tape exhuast, but can you use jb weld on my Ti altima pipes? I want to do it right, so the JB weld should do the job! Just make you spray paint it black with low temp paint!

Quick Reply: Advanced Dyno C5 Z06 Titanium Bypass Mod On Sale!!