C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

help injector trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:42 PM
deerkill10
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help injector trouble

got some remanufactured injectors from ebay south bay injectors bosch 111 design for 85-91 corvette. They are shorter than the stock will they work?? has anyone used these injectors?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they will. You can install them without the clip.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by deerkill10
got some remanufactured injectors from ebay south bay injectors bosch 111 design for 85-91 corvette. They are shorter than the stock will they work?? has anyone used these injectors?
those injectors will not work unless the mounts are modified.. The o rings will not go into the rail far enough.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
those injectors will not work unless the mounts are modified.. The o rings will not go into the rail far enough.
OOPs sorry my bad. I thought for sure they would fit. Jon's the expert on this stuff.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:02 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

deerkill watch this whole video on the des 3 bosch.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 PM
deerkill10
Intermediate

what do they fit?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by deerkill10
what do they fit?

Here’s the deal with these injectors. Years ago we knew the Multecs were crap. My son had a 89 TA with bad injectors.. Being in the business for 30 +yrs, we looked for a better alternative for the Pink Top Bosch 22. We started playing around with different injectors that would work well. The specs of the Bosch 3 was a perfect match except for the height. We sold these for years but the intake towers had to be cut to accommodate them because there was no provision to use the clip. We solved the problem by modifying the mount on the injector so it will replace the Multec. The video shows how ours fit. This guy South Bay evidently just got in the business. If you look at his e bay store he was selling doll clothing in April of this year. He copied our listings almost word for word. I even made intentional mistakes on our listing just to see him copy them. The injector will work but the o ring will not seat in the upper fuel rail correctly. The injector in the stage you have will fit in a BMW, or any v8 Ford. It will also fit 4.5-4.9 Caddy.. But it will not fit a TPI from 85-91 safely.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:36 AM
blck90vette
Intermediate

doll clothing? wtf...lmao
Old 07-06-2008, 09:53 AM
T J
Cruising

Have a "87" with 49 K plus miles on it.Had origional injectors "knew previous owner".72 year old gentleman bought it new.
Replaced injectors with Accell injectors I bought at Summit racing.What a differance.Replaced EGR since I had it apart anyway.New plugs"AC Rapid fire"-wires"Taylor"-Distributor cap"AC Delco OEM"-GM "OEM Rotor".Runs like new.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by blck90vette
doll clothing? wtf...lmao
You have to be careful on Ebay. Anybody can open an Ebay store in about 10 minutes and sell anything. Ebay does not regulate anything.

You can get ripped off or you can find really good deals. I think there is way too much fraud on Ebay. Ebay was just fined sixty three million dollars by a French Judge. They have filed an appeal. Ebay has many copyright infringement and consumer fraud lawsuits pending against them. Read about it in the Wall Street Journal here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1214...googlenews_wsj

Last edited by Kool88vette; 07-06-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Kool88vette
You have to be careful on Ebay. Anybody can open an Ebay store in about 10 minutes and sell anything. Ebay does not regulate anything.

You can get ripped off or you can find really good deals. I think there is way too much fraud on Ebay. Ebay was just fined sixty three million dollars by a French Judge. They have filed an appeal. Ebay has many copyright infringement and consumer fraud lawsuits pending against them. Read about it in the Wall Street Journal here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1214...googlenews_wsj
when buying on e bay let me offer some advice. Make sure there is at least a phone number. When buying something for your car, call the company, talk to them. In about 2 mins you will know if they are for real. Ask questions about how to install etc. Most have no clue. Call 411 and ask for the Listing if you can't find their number. If there is no phone# do not buy. Simple.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Here’s the deal with these injectors. Years ago we knew the Multecs were crap. My son had a 89 TA with bad injectors.. Being in the business for 30 +yrs, we looked for a better alternative for the Pink Top Bosch 22. We started playing around with different injectors that would work well. The specs of the Bosch 3 was a perfect match except for the height. We sold these for years but the intake towers had to be cut to accommodate them because there was no provision to use the clip. We solved the problem by modifying the mount on the injector so it will replace the Multec. The video shows how ours fit. This guy South Bay evidently just got in the business. If you look at his e bay store he was selling doll clothing in April of this year. He copied our listings almost word for word. I even made intentional mistakes on our listing just to see him copy them. The injector will work but the o ring will not seat in the upper fuel rail correctly. The injector in the stage you have will fit in a BMW, or any v8 Ford. It will also fit 4.5-4.9 Caddy.. But it will not fit a TPI from 85-91 safely.

Jon, could you clarify your post? I'm a little confused because you first said it wouldn't fit. I assume the injector will fit and the car will run but the O-ring will not seat properly. Your video says it's "OK" to run this injector.

So, it seems that it will work but it might leak fuel. I'm asking this because there might be forum members running the wrong injector.

Last edited by Kool88vette; 07-06-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Jon, could you clarify your post? I'm a little confused because you first said it wouldn't fit. I assume the injector will fit and the car will run but the O-ring will not seat properly.

So, it seems that it will work but it might leak fuel. I'm asking this because there might be forum members running the wrong injector.
on 85 to 88 the towers that hold the fuel rail are 1/8 inch higher than the 89-91. The orig Bosch injector that use this manifold are 65mm o ring to o-ring. The replacements are all 60mm including the Bosch 3. All replacements that have the clip slot will work because the injector is not seated in the manifold but rather held up and in by the clip. The Bosch 3 has to have a modification done that will enable it to lock between the rail and the manifold with the o ring going into the fuel rail at the desired height. (SEE VIDEO) we always look for ways to impove our product. We came up with this mod. The Bosch 3 that we sell fits in these manifolds perfectly. Its ok to use others, but if you have a manifold that has the higher towers it will leak. You will know when you test for leaks prior to putting on the plenum..

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 07-06-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
floridamale
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no troubles using Jons Bosch lll injectors in my 87 perfect fit no clips were used they run great.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Jon, could you clarify your post? I'm a little confused because you first said it wouldn't fit. I assume the injector will fit and the car will run but the O-ring will not seat properly. Your video says it's "OK" to run this injector.

Fred the video is for the multec's the orig Bosch is the replacement here. The Multecs are in 89 and up. These will work in them. I am just not comfortable with the results without our mod. Thats all. But the towers on the earlier manifolds are higher, Would you like this guy to have a fuel leak? Sounds like you wan't him to put them in.. He can. but the risk of a leak is there. They might not even fit at all. The original poster has not even told us what they are doing. Are they in the car? Are they leaking? He asked a question for a reason and you answered him telling him to put them in. I came back with a potential problem, then you argue, the whole idea here is to help the guy. I don't care if he bought them from us or not. I just want the guy to have no safety issue. HE can even send the Injectors to me and I will do the mod for him.

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 07-06-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Fred the video is for the multec's the orig Bosch is the replacement here. The Multecs are in 89 and up. These will work in them. I am just not comfortable with the results without our mod. Thats all. But the towers on the earlier manifolds are higher, Would you like this guy to have a fuel leak? Sounds like you wan't him to put them in.. He can. but the risk of a leak is there. They might not even fit at all. The original poster has not even told us what they are doing. Are they in the car? Are they leaking?
Jon, I not suggesting that the poster install an injector that won't fit properly. Do you think I want someone to burn up their Vette? I just asked you to clarify things.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:30 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Jon, I not suggesting that the poster install an injector that won't fit properly. Do you think I want someone to burn up their Vette? I just asked you to clarify things.
ok fred.. As long as we are on the same page..I wish the poster would stay involved and let us know where he is with the install. I have sent PM's and heard nothing.. Maybe he's talking to South Bay FI on a sunday Do you think?

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 07-06-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To help injector trouble

Old 07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
beaver believer
Heel & Toe

on 85 to 88 the towers that hold the fuel rail are 1/8 inch higher than the 89-91. The orig Bosch injector that use this manifold are 65mm o ring to o-ring. The replacements are all 60mm including the Bosch 3. All replacements that have the clip slot will work because the injector is not seated in the manifold but rather held up and in by the clip. The Bosch 3 has to have a modification done that will enable it to lock between the rail and the manifold with the o ring going into the fuel rail at the desired height. (SEE VIDEO) we always look for ways to impove our product. We came up with this mod. The Bosch 3 that we sell fits in these manifolds perfectly. Its ok to use others, but if you have a manifold that has the higher towers it will leak. You will know when you test for leaks prior to putting on the plenum..
Jon, you made an earlier post in regards to the '86 having a 1/8" higher towers. Here is the quote:

If You Own An 86 Read This Before Changing Injectors.
The 86 For Some Reason Has An 1/8 Additional Height On The Injector Stands. These Manifolds Were Made At A Different Foundry Than The 85, 87-91. The Clips Actually Hold The Injector Up Into The Rail And The Bottom Does Not Seat All The Way Down In The Manifold. Also Some 86's Do Have The Proper Height Stands. If You Find Out That When You Put Any Aftermarket Injector In With The 60mm O Ring To O Ring Spacing That Your Injector Won't Seat Follow These Steps.. It Is Advisable Not To Use The Clips To Hold The Injector Up. If The Clip Rusts Away The Injector Will Lower And Cause A Leak. What We Advise Is To Take A Piece Of 1/8 Tape Around The Top Of Each Of The 4 Stands And Grind Off The 1/8 Inch. This Is Simple To Do. Not Only Will The Injector Seat Properly, But You Will Not Have To Rely On Those Tiny Weak Clips To Hold The Injector In The Rail. Any Later Injector Swaps Will Also Be Easier Because Now There Is Enough Room To Remove Them Without Taking Off The Runners. All Other Years Including The Lt1's Do Not Need The Clip And Have The Proper Height. You Can Also Trim Those Years To Make It Easier Next Time. We Have Personally Installed Injectors On Every Year. Meanwhile Mike263 Did Not Buy His Injectors From Us. I Called Him And Walked Him Through What He Needs To Do. Fires Scare Me!!
I have an '86 and recently installed a set of your GenIII's. It leaked badly on first test and, after finding the above post, I did the mod and ground off 1/8" of material. That did the trick and I must say, these injectors make it run smooth as new. Big difference. So my question is about the '86 intake. Is it an additional 1/8" higher than the other pre 89 intakes?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:15 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by beaver believer
Jon, you made an earlier post in regards to the '86 having a 1/8" higher towers. Here is the quote:

I have an '86 and recently installed a set of your GenIII's. It leaked badly on first test and, after finding the above post, I did the mod and ground off 1/8" of material. That did the trick and I must say, these injectors make it run smooth as new. Big difference. So my question is about the '86 intake. Is it an additional 1/8" higher than the other pre 89 intakes?
it seems to be.. since you had yours we figured out how to modify the injector rather than the installation procedure.. now they are a drop in deal. But for years guys were taking off the 1/8 on the towers. Even years ago when accel came out with the yellow injectors, they suggested it. We were tired of which ones had to be modified and so, I made the adjustment to the injector instead..Furthermore. GM as all manufacturers do funny things.. We have over 500 customers with the gen 3's in their cars. All different years, etc. We are trying to stay in touch with all problems, installation tweeks etc. The latest variation of the Gen 3 that we sell are 100% a direct fit for all years. Sorry some guys had to do some extra work at the beginning but, Gm had no plans of their multec self destructing. Our injector, as far as I'm concerned is the best replacement on the market.

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 07-06-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

ok fred.. As long as we are on the same page..I wish the poster would stay involved and let us know where he is with the install. I have sent PM's and heard nothing.. Maybe he's talking to South Bay FI on a sunday Do you think?
Probably not, You are the only vendor that provides great customer service on a sunday.

Quick Reply: help injector trouble