Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New dyno #'s...even I was shocked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Default New dyno #'s...even I was shocked!!!

Okay guys, we all know by now that the new 2006 Z is under rated. I stopped at RPM(Real Performance Motorsports) today since the guys came in to work on their cars, and it was a cool day here in Dallas Tx.
I allowed the car to cool off for about 45min, then we strapped her down and made two pulls, here are my results:

Both passes with air filter in place, put big fan in front of grill opening, placed dyno A/F exhaust reader into pipe with flaps and pulled the fuse.
1st pass: 481.2rwhp/455.1rwtq air temp: 76* coolant temp. 196*.
2nd pass: 477rwtq/449.9 air temp: 82*, coolant temp 203*
Both passes had a very fat A/F mixture...10.8 or so! We're thinking that the PCM picked up on the cold air from the fan and dumped fuel like crazy This thing is beggin' for my dry-shot

Can someone please host my pictures....I can't figure it out

Last edited by Myhardtop; 12-04-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Doc-ZO6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great #'s

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Okay guys, we all know by now that the new 2006 Z is under rated. I stopped at RPM(Real Performance Motorsports) today since the guys came in to work on their cars, and it was a cool day here in Dallas Tx.
I allowed the car to cool off for about 45min, then we strapped her down and made two pulls, here are my results:

Both passes with air filter in place, put big fan in front of grill opening, placed dyno A/F exhaust reader into pipe with flaps and pulled the fuse.
Both passes had a very fat A/F mixture...10.8 or so! We're thinking that the PCM picked up on the cold air from the fan and dumped fuel like crazy This thing is beggin' for my dry-shot

simply use the attachment button below(manage attachments) the submit button, scroll down then upload pics from yur desktop
Old 12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooo!!

YoooooooooooooowZzzzzzer
nice#'s
Old 12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
ED Brantley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks like you have a Ringer.....Who was the engine builder?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
ranger1
Burning Brakes

I can't wait to do a couple of pulls with my new Z I only have 300 miles yet, Where is the tag with the builders name? Hopefully the guy who build yours, build mine as well...
Good for you...

Garry
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Are the numbers corrected?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Let try to answer the above questions above all at once. My Car is a Black 2LZ. Engine builder was: Dale Swenson. My break in procedure: easy for the first 100 miles, dyno'd at 106 miles and have not looked back ever since. Changed oil with 5w30 Mobil 1 myself at the 1,000 mile mark and pour in Chevron injector cleaner in the tank. I pulled the Fuse and I visit the 6600 to 6800 rpm mark often!
I am not a paying CF member, so I can't post pictures attachments. If someone can host it for me, I will gladly e-mail my pictures for everyone to see. This may answer possible future questions.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Forgive me, but these numbers are quite high - what were the SAE numbers corrected please? Mustang or DynoJet?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Rich368
Advanced

Those are great numbers. You are reporting ambient temp of 76F and the high of the day in Lewisville, TX was 50.0F. Why the discrepancy?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:47 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi,
We are not far from you, if you would like to stop over for a free dyno we can see if my dyno validates it.

You don't want to start modding your car and find out that you had wrong base line numbers. It would make your new mods look week

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

PS, No Charge so nothing to lose.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Incredible numbers. It just keeps getting better. What the heck is going on with these numbers Make sure you are looking at SAE Corrected numbers and not Actual RWHP.

The A/F ratio was caused by the Cat Overtemp Protection Fuel Enrichment Circuit. It kicks in on the dyno more often than not, but it didn't seem to matter in your case

Jim

Last edited by Halltech; 12-05-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:02 AM
TetraU
Drifting

Let try to answer the above questions above all at once. My Car is a Black 2LZ. Engine builder was: Dale Swenson. My break in procedure: easy for the first 100 miles, dyno'd at 106 miles and have not looked back ever since. Changed oil with 5w30 Mobil 1 myself at the 1,000 mile mark and pour in Chevron injector cleaner in the tank. I pulled the Fuse and I visit the 6600 to 6800 rpm mark often!
I am not a paying CF member, so I can't post pictures attachments. If someone can host it for me, I will gladly e-mail my pictures for everyone to see. This may answer possible future questions.
Not doubting your story at all. Jsut think that there might be an honest mistake made by the Dyno operator. May not have used the SAE correction factor to baseline th enumbers. If I were you I would take up on Luo's generous offer in a heartbeat. You can't go wrong with Mr. LG.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:01 AM
vette1171
Instructor

Nice Numbers man!!! Are you comming to the toys for tots dyno day on the 10th there? I, along with a few of my buddies, will be there. It would be cool to see a new Z put down some numbers in person.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:04 AM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi,
We are not far from you, if you would like to stop over for a free dyno we can see if my dyno validates it.

You don't want to start modding your car and find out that you had wrong base line numbers. It would make your new mods look week

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

Now that's an offer you can't pass up! Any luck on the cam Lou?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Hi,

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

Sure Lou, I'll do it again. Heck, Well, in case you do not remember, you dyno'd my car when I only had 152 miles remember??? I am the BLACK Z that laid down 459.8 or so with the filter in place and two back to back pulls on your dyno! Also remember, it accomplished this after the car idle for minutes after minutes while your crew took pictures! I told you then, that if we would had removed the filter and allow the car cool off, a 466 to 468 may had been possible....that was back when she was less than 200 miles old!
Remember, all you guys scratched your heads to the point where Andi (yellow Z) asked to see who built my engine! Also remember that I was telling you then that this car could possibly become the first 500rwhp Z with your headers? I have tons of mods ideas for this car, I shared a few of those with you then...remember!!! Trust me, I've been to the dealer parts dept a few times ordering replacement parts. Any hoot back then a week after my visiting with you, I PM'd you twice and never recieved a reply back. I called and spoke to Mike numerous times asking about your headers and the now new designs. I know you're busy, but I've been looking for you for a while now in regards to your headers and cam(s). In fact, ask Mike and some of your guys who was there this past Firday looking for ya!!! If you guess me...then you would be right
Dammit, why can't someone host the pictures for me!!!!

Last edited by Myhardtop; 12-05-2005 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:25 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rich368
Those are great numbers. You are reporting ambient temp of 76F and the high of the day in Lewisville, TX was 50.0F. Why the discrepancy?
You are correct Rich, it was like 50* or so here today. I meant the actual air temp going into the motor. If you have a CANDI plug in capabilties to use with your tech II, then you can see such readings. The air was cool and that is why my A/F was so fat. Again, once someone host my pictures, then you will see that A/F line do a drop like I've seen with my N2O C5.

Man, history it's repeating itself again. I remember running 11.70's some 5 years ago with my then stock FRC on run craps and only using a 100 dry shot...people were like..."nah it's not possile" until a few brave ones got their butts handed to them. Later with that same car, I also remember laying down 469rwhp with RPM's '98 casting heads, RPM cam and 1 7/8 LT's thru 4.10's and people were saying once again...NAH. They saw my car run low tens at over 138mph and smacked down many 600 plus Supras, Supercharged Mustangs and motorcycles with that same 100 dry shot!
So, this is not news to me(us)...just another "here we go again"

Last edited by Myhardtop; 12-05-2005 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:06 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send the pic to me, I'll hust it for you.

click for address
-RR

Last edited by roushraven; 12-05-2005 at 05:08 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To New dyno #'s...even I was shocked!!!

Old 12-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Hi,

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

way cool...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Bobby J
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich368

How would that affect SAE correction? I think it is adjusted to a standard temp for comparison. If the entered temp is higher, does it adjust hp up, and if the entered temp is lower, does it adjust the figures down?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bobby J
How would that affect SAE correction? I think it is adjusted to a standard temp for comparison. If the entered temp is higher, does it adjust hp up, and if the entered temp is lower, does it adjust the figures down?
Excellent point Bobby J. I have over 130 dyno pulls with my Vettes and other cars and I have seen dyno tricks and mines are legit. I also seen dynos correct/make adjusments based on the outside temps and it is never perfect. I am in the process of sending my pictures to a member so he can post. You guys study it and then give your inputs. I am not a dyno racer, I only posted my learnings/results because the guys and my cousin kept pushing me to do so

Quick Reply: [Z06] New dyno #'s...even I was shocked!!!