CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Where to buy Zaino products? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/705460-where-to-buy-zaino-products.html)

Grzldvt1 01-09-2020 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by cottoneg (Post 1600714367)
May I ask what your Zaino routine is for most cars you detail. More interested in how you treat daily drivers than show cars.

After your basic wash and Clay, I would use All-In-One, and work it until it is almost dry using a Meguiars MF pad. I initially prime the pad then use four dime size drop and work a section. For instance on a hood will start with a 2x2 section, but will expand that if there is still product to work. It is more of a feel and how "hungry" the clear coat is. When I say "hungry" some clear coats will take more product than others. Corvette's clear is pretty hard and not too porous, so a little product goes a long way. As noted in my previous posts I am a fan of using multiple pads. Product will clog up the cutting fibers and begin to render it's purpose, useless. I also blow out the the pad of dust and loose/dried product before I reload. Not everyone has access to a compressor, so having multiple pads really makes a difference
I let the All-In-One sit for 15-20 minutes then wipe it off.
Z-8 is next, and a very thin spray/spread is the ticket over the entire car
The following is all done by hand:.
Then Clear Seal spread as thin as possible, I had a saying in my shop if you can see Zaino on the paint it is too thick. You will get some streaking and that is OK, but thin is the best

After doing the whole car in Clear Seal, I do a Z-8 spray, starting in the same place I started the Clear Seal. I do not wait for Clear Seal to dry completely, although it usually is by the time I start the Z-8 coat.

I repeat the Clear Seal Z-8 process for a second coat. and third coat. The third Clear Seal/Z-8 coat is only done on a standard detail, if they ordered Show Car Polish I only do 2 Clear Seals/Z-8.

If the customer ordered the Show Car Polish Option(Z-2, or Z-5 depending on the color) I apply it at this point, always using ZFX. I also use very soft 1 oz bottles I purchase at a local camping store that people use for salt, pepper or other spices. The bottles are easier to get the product out of. I can generally get 2 coats out of just slightly over 1/3 of an oz on a C4, C5, C6, C7 sized car. Same theory applies, if you can see it is too thick.
When applying the Z-2, or Z-5, I prime the pad doing very tiny dots creating an X on the pad. I use my fingers to work the product into the pad. Then I do about 6 slightly larger than a pin head dots down the middle of the pad and apply the product. You will know you ran out of polish as you won't see the "product trails."
When you apply Z-2, Z-5, you will see a barely visible product trail. If you applied it thin enough that trail will disappear almost instantly. If you don't see the trail, do the 6 dots and apply.
Let it dry for at 15-20 minutes, you will get spots that are thicker and somewhat visible. I take my finger using light pressure and wipe it across the streak, if it comes clean the product is dry and ready to be removed. If you did not get a clean swipe let it sit for another 5 minutes and reswipe.
Once it is dried, wipe it off
Follow up with a Z-8 coat.
Initially you will get a very nice shine with some depth to the paint,
BUT, Zaino needs to cure, depending on the temperature it may take several hours. I told customers that the shine will come up overnight.

Having said all of that, the All-In-One with the Clear Seal adds some incredible depth to the paint. That combination also brings out the flake in the metallics. For instance I did a new British Racing Green Jag and it had gold, silver, blue and purple flake in it. The car straight from the dealer and the paint was very subdued. Using the above AIO/CS/Z-8 combination the paint just lit up, had incredible dept and looked 3 feet thick and the colors in the flake just became so vivid it was an amazing transformation

BudgetPlan1 01-09-2020 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 (Post 1600767487)
I also use very soft 1 oz bottles I purchase at a local camping store that people use for salt, pepper or other spices. The bottles are easier to get the product out of.

Some of those bottles I used to get w/ the ZFX were pretty tough :lol:

FastZR1 01-12-2020 09:53 PM

It was one of the best smelling products that I used.

Midyrman 01-31-2020 05:26 PM

Incredible

The Grand Finale Spray Seal is incredible, particularly on dark cars.

bigcypress 02-01-2020 09:14 AM

i used zaino for a long time but really believe there are better and easier choices now . . .peace

C5Longhorn 02-02-2020 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bigcypress (Post 1600890003)
i used zaino for a long time but really believe there are better and easier choices now . . .peace

I agree completely.

Snowwolfe 02-02-2020 03:42 PM

Sure would love to see some independent studies done. My instincts tell me there are only a couple of base formulas on the market just repackaged with different scents and relabeled.

Its like testing whiskey, the only effective test is a blind test. If I "wax" my car with 3 different products can you identify what product went on what panel?

C5Longhorn 02-03-2020 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe (Post 1600896794)
Sure would love to see some independent studies done. My instincts tell me there are only a couple of base formulas on the market just repackaged with different scents and relabeled.

Its like testing whiskey, the only effective test is a blind test. If I "wax" my car with 3 different products can you identify what product went on what panel?

I agree also. There are only so many chemicals and compounds. Afterwards, it becomes color, scents, etc.

Grzldvt1 02-03-2020 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe (Post 1600896794)

Actually I could make that distinction. Being a bit of a Silicon Valley type wax/polish geek, I can tell what products were used about 75% of the time.

I about as independent as it gets, as I had to make a living detailing cars, read that as deliver the best or starve, not a part time hobby. I owned/work at an auto detailing shop(I sold it and the new owner has asked me to help him) and have been given 100's of products to try because of our reputation. I did not find anything yet that beats Zaino from a pro perspective and quite frankly I like it when people feel they need to move on, as it just creates a better market for me, as the cars I deliver are better..
Zaino is it's own formula and as a professional detailer, I have NOT found anything that beats it for what it is. While others seem to think there are other products out there that are better, and that is great, but doing roughly 25 cars a week for the last 10 years and have customer show up ar car shows, win and get compliments, Zaino is still the best, IMO. Having said that there are a couple of Ceramics, even for the DIY that come very, very close to what I could get Zaino to do.

I had to make a living dealing with products that gave my customers the best shine and durability and put myself heads above my competition or close my shop and become unemployed. That is pretty serious, and not some whim of "let's try this" situation.
For me it is not about a nice shine, it is how do I make a finished product look stunning, overwhelm my customers with a superior finish?. Zaino has been heads and shoulders above all the others that allowed me to deliver exactly that
From a Ceramic perspective Feynlabs delivers the "stunning" look I can deliver to my customer base.
So I have babbled enough on this one.

LilNutSac 02-03-2020 09:29 AM

SO exclusive! Wow! That's why I'll never try any..