CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   Corvette Expo Knoxville (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/481743-corvette-expo-knoxville.html)

gojo 01-28-2003 07:50 PM

Corvette Expo Knoxville

http://www.corvetteexpo.com/
Anybody going to be at the Expo? :auto:

your drinking buddy 01-28-2003 08:07 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (jfpilla)

The East Tennessee Corvette Club and the Smoky Mountain Crusiers on the forum ( http://www.smcruisers.com/ ) will be there. I believe the two groups will share a table somewhere at the expo. There is also a weekend of stuff to do, such as going out to eat and driving the Dragon, a very fun road. I'm sure someone else with more info will pop in here soon.

[Modified by vettes rule, 8:08 PM 1/28/2003]

FASTAZU 01-28-2003 08:40 PM

Count me in :cheers: :hurray:

Finish line 01-28-2003 08:56 PM

I might show :cool:

Tims94 01-28-2003 08:57 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (We Gone)

Does A one-legged duck swim in a circle? Heck yea, a lot of us will be there!

gojo 01-28-2003 08:58 PM

I'm going to dyno my car at kp(just type kp in search). He might like a few of us as a group.

MrWhan 01-28-2003 08:59 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (vettes rule)

The East Tennessee Corvette Club and the Smoky Mountain Crusiers on the forum ( http://www.smcruisers.com/ ) will be there. I believe the two groups will share a table somewhere at the expo. There is also a weekend of stuff to do, such as going out to eat and driving the Dragon, a very fun road. I'm sure someone else with more info will pop in here soon.
Thanks Brian!

Vettes Rule was right! March 28-30 is the Corvette Expo in Knoxville, TN. The Smoky Mountain Cruisers, a forum based group with ties to the East Tennessee Corvette Club, are planning events for the 3 day weekend.

Friday night we are organizing a cruise to Alcoa, TN to a parking lot where you can choose Hooter's or Sonny's BBQ for your dining pleasure. Saturday we will man the booths at Expo for the SMC and ETCC and you can see the auction, car show and swap meet. Saturday night plans are being developed with another cruise to another area of town yet to be determined. Sunday we plan to climax the weekend with a cruise to the DRAGON!

Click on the SMC logo below and go to our web site and the events section to see the listed events for the Expo. You can also click on the link to the DRAGON and see how much fun the "twisties" can be.

We look forward to seeing and meeting as many Vette owner's as we can and share in these events! :thumbs:

Grumpy 01-28-2003 09:03 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (98Pace97Coupe)

I know that me and the littlebabe will be there!!!

MrWhan 01-28-2003 09:08 PM

I'm going to dyno my car at kp(just type kp in search). He might like a few of us as a group.
kp knows his stuff... :thumbs:

01-28-2003 10:02 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (Tims94)

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :party:

MrWhan 01-28-2003 11:13 PM

Hey [SMC]...jfpilla is planning to come to the Corvette Expo, 3-27-03 thursday pm.. He would prefer to stay on the eastside of the Expo. Can you recommend a nice hotel, with an indoor pool?

barkingowl 01-28-2003 11:25 PM

Titania & I are planning on coming up as well. :cheers:

01-28-2003 11:28 PM

Hey [SMC]...jfpilla is planning to come to the Corvette Expo, 3-27-03 thursday pm.. He would prefer to stay on the eastside of the Expo. Can you recommend a nice hotel, with an indoor pool?

I'll get back on that with a good list :D

MrWhan 01-28-2003 11:39 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (ETVETTE)

Thanks David! :thumbs:

paintdaddy 01-29-2003 03:08 AM

count me out,They moved it back in to march :confused: .They moved up into april a few years back because it was always so cold in march now they moved it back.The last time they had it in march I noticed there was alot more room in my pants. :seeya

jim482 01-29-2003 08:00 AM

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :party:
:iagree:

Dragon time..... :steering: :auto:
plus dinner of your choicing friday night....(anyone want to be me where Vettes rule will go :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: )

vette-time 01-30-2003 04:38 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (jim482)

i will be there.

wayne :hurray:

tbwstingray 01-30-2003 09:55 PM

some hotels east side of knoxville.

hampton inn 865-525-3511
comfort inn
holiday express
some others , about 10 miles to expo.

these are at strawberry plains ex. 398 on I-40

country inns&suites 865-546-5700 same ex.

[Modified by tbwstingray, 10:26 PM 1/30/2003]

[Modified by tbwstingray, 10:31 PM 1/30/2003]

01-30-2003 10:14 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (tbwstingray)

thanks todd :thumbs:

gojo 01-30-2003 10:51 PM

Re: Corvette Expo Knoxville (tbwstingray)

Thanks for the help. :thumbs: I'm at the Days Inn East.

[Modified by jfpilla, 12:08 PM 1/31/2003]