CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Surprise-No garage door opener? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3464177-surprise-no-garage-door-opener.html)

faninc 05-05-2014 05:11 PM

Surprise-No garage door opener?

Hi All,

Overall liking the C7, couple annoyances. I was very surprised that with all the features that come with the base C7, Chevy did NOT include a garage door opener? In 2014, it's hard to imagine a $54,000 car does not have this standard? They gave us back up camera but forgot we need to open the garage doors to pull in? Really cheesy that I have to put a garage door remote on my Visor...so 1990's. Passengers marvel at the car and then ask me why I have an old garage door remote on my visor...

Should you really need a 2LT package to get garage door opener? My daughters Mazda 3 has garage door openers for $19,000 car.

I also just noticed the passenger door is rubbing against the front fender when opening the door...not thrilled about that. I pray that the guy who has to realign the door does not chip any paint. I know how hard it is to align and hang doors. This issue seems to pop up with some other C7 owners.

Glen e 05-05-2014 05:13 PM

more bitching...nothing is changing...so get it fixed...

so much bitching here...all the time.....

gets really old on this small sh**....

faninc 05-05-2014 05:16 PM

thanks for the advice...

Obviously will...feedback is good for first year model cars- that's how things get fixed for other buyers after us!:thumbs:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1586828647)

Sin City 05-05-2014 05:24 PM

Things optional on a $280K Ferrari 458 spider

Power seats ($3500)
Power mirrors ($1800)
Powered steering wheel adjustment ($1200)
Cruise control ($1100)
Sat radio ($1500)
Homelink garage door opener ($1200)
Ipod connector ($1000) *NOTE -- they still don't have bluetooth streaming so you have to buy a $1000 cable that probably costed 5 bucks.

When I bought the C7 I was shocked at how much was standard. The 3LT package is expensive by Vette standards but it's a bargain on any other 2 seat sports car in the world.

Slappy3243 05-05-2014 05:25 PM

I have the 2LT and never setup the garage opener so I still have the old style button on my visor :)

KenHorse 05-05-2014 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by faninc (Post 1586828635)
Hi All,

Overall liking the C7, couple annoyances. I was very surprised that with all the features that come with the base C7, Chevy did NOT include a garage door opener? In 2014, it's hard to imagine a $54,000 car does not have this standard? They gave us back up camera but forgot we need to open the garage doors to pull in? Really cheesy that I have to put a garage door remote on my Visor...so 1990's. Passengers marvel at the car and then ask me why I have an old garage door remote on my visor...

Should you really need a 2LT package to get garage door opener? My daughters Mazda 3 has garage door openers for $19,000 car.

I also just noticed the passenger door is rubbing against the front fender when opening the door...not thrilled about that. I pray that the guy who has to realign the door does not chip any paint. I know how hard it is to align and hang doors. This issue seems to pop up with some other C7 owners.

YEA!!!!! Not only did I get the Homelink opener with my 2LT, I had to go out and buy - ON MY OWN DIME!!! - an adapter to allow it to work with my older Wayne Dalton opener!

Man, you'd think GM would supply that for free!!!!!!

faninc 05-05-2014 05:28 PM

thanks Slappy

Thanks Slappy, feeling better already about my Liftmaster remote on the visor! LOL

Originally Posted by Slappy3243 (Post 1586828751)
I have the 2LT and never setup the garage opener so I still have the old style button on my visor :)

AFVETTE 05-05-2014 05:32 PM

You know you can buy a OEM visor with the Homelink and change it out yourself for about $140.

That's what I'm doing plus the Z51 sway bars.

ZL-1 05-05-2014 05:34 PM

It's always a good idea to read the equipment list before buying a new car. By doing this I learned that I had to order 2LT on my C5 to get the telescoping wheel I needed and on my C6 to get the head up display I wanted and on the C7 to get ventilated seats for no more driving with a wet back.

It really doesn't take long to read the option list, then there are no surprises later :thumbs:

c5eddiem 05-05-2014 05:35 PM

faninc,

I believe I saw one of the forum vendors selling the visor with remote as a separate part. I think it was GMPartsHouse. Much cheaper than the 2LT option!

I have a few items on my "I can't believe they didn't put this on a $70,000 car list" :

backup sensors
forward sensors
blind spot indicators
(I would have given up Onstar for these instead)

wheel well "flaps" (yeah, I bought them)
locking wheel lugs (on my 3LT Vert!) (quick fix - talked the dealer into free gift, after the sale)
led trunk lights and license plate lights (quick fix <$20)

On the other hand, on my "what they did put in that's great" list

NPP
power roof on 'Vert (remote on UP would've been a great idea)
overall styling and design impact
auto tilt down mirrors
NPP
460 HP
seat belts that are easily cinch-able
NPP

Enjoy your Vette,
Ed

edit: slow typer.... AFVETTE beat me to it!

cb98coupe 05-05-2014 05:35 PM

Sorry OP , I bet you thought you were going to get some sympathy . You are obviously a newcomer to the corvette and welcome . Why not check out the options before you bought the car . I happen to think the corvette 1LT is a bargain and has alot of great features . My 2Lt camaro had headsup and the garage door opener at 31k . You can't compare apples to oranges . Try to enjoy the car ..... :thumbs:

Steve_R 05-05-2014 05:40 PM

Really, those crooks at GM and Chevrolet should put more standard equipment on the base model and raise the price to cover it.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant? You want more for less? You could buy a Mazda 3 like your daughter's if it's so much better. I'm sure there's a bitchin' Mazda 3 forum too. And Mazda 3 shows, clubs and cruises. If there isn't a Mazda 3 museum you could start one.

I have the 3LT package. And a garage door opener clipped on the visor.

1%er problems really suck. :lol:

faninc 05-05-2014 05:51 PM

Thanks Steve...

Thanks Steve...guess you did not read the part about: overall I like the car! If I wanted a Mazda 3, I would have bought one- thanks for the great insight you provided. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1586828879)
Really, those crooks at GM and Chevrolet should put more standard equipment on the base model and raise the price to cover it.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant? You want more for less? You could buy a Mazda 3 like your daughter's if it's so much better. I'm sure there's a bitchin' Mazda 3 forum too. And Mazda 3 shows, clubs and cruises. If there isn't a Mazda 3 museum you could start one.

I have the 3LT package. And a garage door opener clipped on the visor.

1%er problems really suck. :lol:

jimmyb 05-05-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1586828737)
Things optional on a $280K Ferrari 458 spider

Power seats ($3500)
Power mirrors ($1800)
Powered steering wheel adjustment ($1200)
Cruise control ($1100)
Sat radio ($1500)
Homelink garage door opener ($1200)
Ipod connector ($1000) *NOTE -- they still don't have bluetooth streaming so you have to buy a $1000 cable that probably costed 5 bucks.

When I bought the C7 I was shocked at how much was standard. The 3LT package is expensive by Vette standards but it's a bargain on any other 2 seat sports car in the world.

Bob,
This list confirms for me how absolutely BULLETPROOF Ferrari is! Chevrolet would be hung from the highest tree for stuff like the above.

Jimmy

Steve_R 05-05-2014 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by faninc (Post 1586828992)
Thanks Steve...guess you did not read the part about: overall I like the car! If I wanted a Mazda 3, I would have bought one- thanks for the great insight you provided. :thumbs:

Humor and perspective are wonderful things. Try 'em sometime.

:cheers:

faninc 05-05-2014 06:10 PM

Thanks...

Your insights are really appreciated...:cheers:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1586829116)
Humor and perspective are wonderful things. Try 'em sometime.

:cheers:

N2TU 05-05-2014 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1586828647)

Chill !:chill:

Supersonic 427 05-05-2014 06:37 PM

It does not bother me a bit that the 1LT does not come with a garage door opener. Usually the Homelink ones, drive you nuts trying to get them to link up with your garage door opener. I have a Black one button remote that fits snugly on the visor and looks fine.

Larry/car 05-05-2014 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Slappy3243 (Post 1586828751)

It is so easy to set up. Just hold your opener next to the home link unit, press the opener and home link buttons and wait for the Home Link lights to blink fast, release buttons your done. That is it. If you have a door opener older than 10 years it is more complex and you will need to refer to the manual.

BigJoe 05-05-2014 07:09 PM

I thought the little cubby behind the screen was there to hold the garage door opener... :confused2: I've had those little visor buttons on my last 5 Corvettes and have yet to set them up once, too much trouble for an old-timer like me...