CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Who's running Ferrea hollow stemmed exhaust valves? F2042P (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3458662-whos-running-ferrea-hollow-stemmed-exhaust-valves-f2042p.html)

propain 04-28-2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ramairws6 (Post 1586773763)
I've already done this numerous times. Always an excuse. Even Jason popped in on the post and first questioned if they were really even theirs, and then said he needed them back in his posession before he could even comment further...

That would be a fair request wouldnt it? You think someone posting a failed LS7 and saying its a Katech motor is good enough?

propain 04-28-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 (Post 1586774040)
Or your car. :rofl:

Ive logged far more track miles on the 1/4 and the road course than you have. My car is not a garage queen, its more like a dedicated track car. :thumbs:

Has your car even been on a road course? :bigears I didn't think so.... What a spokesmen. :rofl:

Nice try though, but you and I are nowhere near the same. :D

'06 Quicksilver Z06 04-28-2014 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1586774066)
Ive logged far more track miles on the 1/4 and the road course than you have. My car is not a garage queen, its more like a dedicated track car. :thumbs:

Has your car even been on a road course? :bigears I didn't think so.... What a spokesmen. :rofl:

Nice try though, but you and I are nowhere near the same. :D

Yes, as a matter of fact my car has been on a road course. Nice try though. :D

And no, I don't believe for one minute that your car "more like a dedicated track car".

I don't really give a **** about the quarter. How many total miles have you put on the stock heads??? Give us a number. :bigears:

The fact is, that car has very few miles on it, and here you are trying to criticize others for having very few miles. :lol:

I was running Beaverun as far back as 2007 when I first got the car, up until around the time they changed ownership which was around the time the heads were changed on it. I have logged more miles on the stock heads than you have. :lol: Try again.

You have virtually no miles on the stock heads, but here you are in here trying to convince everyone that they are fine while they are failing under tasks as simple as backing out of a parking lot. What a ringing endorsement. :rofl: :lolg:

$#@* the quarter. What, flat out for 10-11 seconds at a time???? You can do that on a dyno. How many miles do you have on the stock heads?

propain 04-28-2014 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 (Post 1586774102)
Yes, as a matter of fact my car has been on a road course.

And no, I don't believe for one minute that your car "more like a dedicated track car".

I don't really give a **** about the quarter. How many total miles have you put on the stock heads??? Give us a number. :bigears:

The fact is, that car has very few miles on it, and here you are trying to criticize others for having very few miles. :lol:

I have more miles on the stock heads than you do. :lol:

Who cares what you believe? Your opinion and beliefs if you haven't noticed are worthless to me. The thousands of mile I put on my car have mostly been done on the track. You accepting that fact or not has no bearing on my life. Unlike you I have way more security in my life than to look to strangers and forum members for acceptance and popularity. :thumbs:

I have many cars. I garage more cars than you have probably owned in your life. :rofl: Yes, my Z06 is pretty much a toy which I use mostly at the track. Yes, I can see by your numbers you don't care about the 1/4. Those big heavy valves sure did put down the numbers. Maybe learning to shift will help. :rofl:

The problem with you is you always fail to see the point. You are either slow or intentionally miss it. The FACT that the cars in question including yours prove that the build has little longevity. You can dance and play your little word games all you want but you have ZERO proof of longevity.

Even you the biggest loudmouth and salesmen for this mod on this forum only drove it a few thousand miles since he got the mod done. Im sorry but I find it amusing. Obviously by your reaction to it I have tweaked a nerve and it has merit or it would roll off you like water. Just like your attempts to insult me. :thumbs:

MTIRC6Z 04-28-2014 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls (Post 1586770102)
My issue with these Ferrea valves is that they are unproven in this application. Nobody really knows how they are going to pan out in the long run. They are lacking the NaK filling, that most hollow stemmed exhaust valves have. Will this make the valve heads run too hot in some applications? Who knows.

The problem here is, you're trading validated stock valves (the stock valves were run over hundreds of hours at WOT on a dyno at GM) for these Ferrea ones that were not. Anytime you introduce something new into the mix, you add uncontrolled variables. You could end up making things worse, not necessarily better. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't use these valves, or that they are bad...but these are factors that you need to take into consideration. Really, NOBODY knows for sure that there is anything wrong with the stock valves. 2-3 guys will tell you all day that there is, but they have no factual evidence to back this up. The evidence of failures isn't evidence of bad valves. Too many assumptions have been made, and some common sense has been disregarded, in an effort to force opinions on others. These guys wouldn't make it as CSIs. Good luck with your decision. I know it's not an easy one to make, in light of everything.

WELL SAID :thumbs:

Cheers, Paul.

'06 Quicksilver Z06 04-28-2014 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1586774243)
Who cares what you believe? Your opinion and beliefs if you haven't noticed are worthless to me. The thousands of mile I put on my car have mostly been done on the track. You accepting that fact or not has no bearing on my life. Unlike you I have way more security in my life than to look to strangers and forum members for acceptance and popularity. :thumbs:

I have many cars. I garage more cars than you have probably owned in your life. :rofl: Yes, my Z06 is pretty much a toy which I use mostly at the track. Yes, I can see by your numbers you don't care about the 1/4. Those big heavy valves sure did put down the numbers. Maybe learning to shift will help. :rofl:

The problem with you is you always fail to see the point. You are either slow or intentionally miss it. The FACT that the cars in question including yours prove that the build has little longevity. You can dance and play your little word games all you want but you have ZERO proof of longevity.

Even you the biggest loudmouth and salesmen for this mod on this forum only drove it a few thousand miles since he got the mod done. Im sorry but I find it amusing. Obviously by your reaction to it I have tweaked a nerve and it has merit or it would roll off you like water. Just like your attempts to insult me. :thumbs:

Who cares what I believe??? Who cares what you believe? Who cares what either of us "believes", the fact is, you started up with this mileage crap, and now it's been directed right back at you, and you can't take it. :D

You haven't tweaked a single nerve here. You may want to think that you have. But rather it seems to have gone the other way and I find that immensely amusing. :lol:

So go ahead and tell us, how many miles on the stock heads do you have, and why does that number of miles put you in position to vouch as to their stoutness? :bigears: :D:lol:

I mean, you're telling us that we have nothing to fear with the stock valves..........tell us how you know. :lol:

What, is it the number of miles you have on them? :lol::lol:

OK, well then how many do you have? :lol:

propain 04-28-2014 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 (Post 1586774317)
Who cares what I believe??? Who cares what you believe? Who cares what either of us "believes", the fact is, you started up with this mileage crap, and now it's been directed right back at you, and you can't take it. :D

You haven't tweaked a single nerve here. You may want to think that you have. But rather it seems to have gone the other way and I find that immensely amusing. :lol:

So go ahead and tell us, how many miles on the stock heads do you have, and why does that number of miles put you in position to vouch as to their stoutness? :bigears: :D:lol:

I mean, you're telling us that we have nothing to fear with the stock valves..........tell us how you know. :lol:

What, is it the number of miles you have on them? :lol::lol:

OK, well then how many do you have? :lol:

The fact that I grabbed your attention so easily was like taking candy from a baby. Now your having a little tantrum about it and see no other way out of it than to turn the question on me. Yes, I have tweaked your nerves and you asking me over and over again how many miles I have on my LS7 proves it. Don't lose any sleep wondering about it. But rest easy knowing my car has many thousands of track miles on the 1/4 and road course and was wiggle tested and had no guide wear. Thanks for your concern.

Sadly though everything I said was true. The poster boy and biggest loudmouth on this forum for this mod has hardly tested it. Way too good to let it just go untouched and I will be sure to bring it up again whenever necessary.

Ok back to ignore you go. I have had enough of your dribble for one night.

:cheers:

'06 Quicksilver Z06 04-28-2014 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1586774423)
The fact that I grabbed your attention so easily was like taking candy from a baby. Now your having a little tantrum about it and see no other way out of it than to turn the question on me. Yes, I have tweaked your nerves and you asking me over and over again how many miles I have on my LS7 proves it. Don't lose any sleep wondering about it. But rest easy knowing my car has many thousands of track miles on the 1/4 and road course and was wiggle tested and had no guide wear. Thanks for your concern.

Sadly though everything I said was true. The poster boy and biggest loudmouth on this forum for this mod has hardly tested it. Way to good to let it just go untouched and I will be sure to bring it up again whenever necessary.

Ok back to ignore you go. I have had enough of your dribble for one night.

:cheers:

:D:D:lol: Maybe I missed it.

Did he ever say how many miles he had on the stock heads and why that number made him qualified to vouch as to the stoutness of them?

Did he ever even say that he had put more miles on his stock heads, than I had put on my current heads? :D

BTW, who gives a crap if he did a "wiggle test" after only putting a few thousand miles on it? How many miles had he put on it , and how many total miles were on it when he did his wiggle test? :rofl: :lol:

MTIRC6Z 04-28-2014 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06 (Post 1586774465)
:D:D:lol: Maybe I missed it.

Did he ever say how many miles he had on the stock heads and why that number made him qualified to vouch as to the stoutness of them?

Did he ever even say that he had put more miles on his stock heads, than I had put on my current heads? :D

BTW, who gives a crap if he did a "wiggle test" after only putting a few thousand miles on it? How many miles had he put on it , and how many total miles were on it when he did his wiggle test? :rofl: :lol:

Well your buddy Howie had 88,000 with lots being on the track with his stock engine, when you get there with yours let us know, then you'll have something worth talking about, a 'fix' that lasts as long as your buddy's stock engine :thumbs:

BTW, did you see that Howie agrees with you about worn guides maybe not being a problem...he sees lots of guys tracking their cars with BAD guides and the OEM valves have NOT failed, so why would anyone need a heavy-a$$ed SS valve!

You guys should do a better job of coordinating your positions because it sure must hurt when your BFF shoots you in the foot :rofl:

Cheers, Paul.

H82BFST 04-28-2014 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by vertC6 (Post 1586772428)
What do you think would happen to WCCH's reputation and Richard's business in general if he was just "slamming in cheap parts"?? He would have a lot of failures, a lot of pissed off customers, and he would be out of business. :crazy2:

Not really. Just because that piece stays together doesn't mean the whole system will last. Simply moving the point of failure to the next weakest link doesn't solve the problem. I'd actually like to know not how many people have been fine after the fix but how many have lost a lifter, a cam lobe, etc after the fix.

This always brings me back to the very early LS1 days when guys in M6's were bending pushrods. So the vendors "fix" was to sell these guys hardened aftermarket pushrods. The vendors "fix" never broke again (the pushrod) but as you can imagine, lots of guys started to bend valves, break springs, etc. So then the "fix" became to fly cut the LS1 flat top pistons and vendors were able to do it in car. Another fix, another story. Someone will always have THE "fix."

There will always be guys that will want to have it done right an precise as a system. And there will always be guys that 80% is good enough for the time being. Those guys get all bent, rant and move on to something else when the next part breaks on them anyways.

At the end of the day, the only waste is the time everyone spends here bickering about it on the net instead of enjoying the Z!

propain 04-28-2014 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z (Post 1586774589)
Well your buddy Howie had 88,000 with lots being on the track with his stock engine, when you get there with yours let us know, then you'll have something worth talking about, a 'fix' that lasts as long as your buddy's stock engine :thumbs:

BTW, did you see that Howie agrees with you about worn guides maybe not being a problem...he sees lots of guys tracking their cars with BAD guides and the OEM valves have NOT failed, so why would anyone need a heavy-a$$ed SS valve!

You guys should do a better job of coordinating your positions because it sure must hurt when your BFF shoots you in the foot :rofl:

Cheers, Paul.

Only 86K miles to go.... lets do the math for the SS valve spokesmen... 1K miles per year.... 86K miles to go... Yeah the car will be vintage and Richard from WCCH will have his great grandson running the business. :rofl:

Funny stuff on the worn guides.... :rofl:

BTW please stop quoting him.. I have him on ignore and dont want to see anymore for at least tonight. :cheers:

'06 Quicksilver Z06 04-28-2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1586774642)
Only 86K miles to go.... lets do the math for the SS valve spokesmen... 1K miles per year.... 86K miles to go... Yeah the car will be vintage and Richard from WCCH will have his great grandson running the business. :rofl:

BTW please stop quoting him.. I have him on ignore and dont want to see anymore for at least tonight. :cheers:

Hold on a second........
Lets do a little ciphering and we can tell how many miles you've actually put on it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-registry.html

Was it 8K or 9K on it when it was bought in April of 2012?

So now it's got 14K on it when he did the wiggle test?

Show us a pic of the odometer. I want to see if it actually has 14K on it right now. :D

MTIRC6Z 04-28-2014 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1586774642)

You crack me up...but sorry about that, I didn't realise that would happen :rofl:

BTW since you haven't seen it, he's STILL asking for pics, maybe you should send him one but not of your odo!

Hey have you noticed Quick doesn't quote me anymore but he still does you...like what's up with that, should I be insulted or are you two secretly friends and are beginning to shut me out???

Cheers, Paul.

fendersceptre 04-28-2014 11:37 PM

Hey guys,
I have to ask again, please keep the conversation about the Hollow stem valves. The thread isn't even about the solid SS valves so let's not keep discussing them here. How about we argue the merits or cons of the hollow stem valves?

Thanks everyone,
Joshua

'06 Quicksilver Z06 04-29-2014 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by fendersceptre (Post 1586775011)
Hey guys,
I have to ask again, please keep the conversation about the Hollow stem valves. The thread isn't even about the solid SS valves so let's not keep discussing them here. How about we argue the merits or cons of the hollow stem valves?

Thanks everyone,
Joshua

:iagree::thumbs::cheers:

VetteVinnie 04-29-2014 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by fendersceptre (Post 1586775011)
Hey guys,

Thanks everyone,
Joshua

Welcome to Corvette Forum. :lol:

:thumbs:

propain 04-29-2014 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z (Post 1586774736)
You crack me up...but sorry about that, I didn't realise that would happen :rofl:

BTW since you haven't seen it, he's STILL asking for pics, maybe you should send him one but not of your odo!

Hey have you noticed Quick doesn't quote me anymore but he still does you...like what's up with that, should I be insulted or are you two secretly friends and are beginning to shut me out???

Cheers, Paul.

He tried to do the same with me. Eventually I just added him to ignore along with Howie. The only time I see if they quote me is if I look on my phone and I am not logged in. Like I said to him before the comment about his miles got his attention enough to quote me again so it must have struck a nerve. :D

You cant blame him, hes out of excuses. Best thing to do is ignore the facts. If ignoring the facts isn't working ignore the people who are bringing up the facts. :D

propain 04-29-2014 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by EViL427 (Post 1586776148)
Welcome to Corvette Forum. :lol:

:thumbs:

:rofl:

kenw 04-29-2014 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fendersceptre (Post 1586769619)
Hey All,
I understand the desire to debate, but can we keep the subject on the Ferrea Hollow Stem Valves?

I started this thread because I was interested in running with these valves, assumedly everyone reading this thread already has made their mind up on what they wish to do with their engines so I don't think we need to argue over SS vs OEM valves, especially considering this thread isn't even about solid valves.
Finally, I did not start this thread to advertise WCCH or any other vendor, as I do not even plan to have my heads done there. So please, let's not debate wether this thread is allowing WWCH to rip off this forum, etc.

Thanks for all the input from everyone,
Joshua

Fender I just got my 09 Z back from having heads rebuilt, new cam and headers. I chose to go with the Ferra's exhaust valves because of the close weight to the factory ones. Also Ferra does have a good reputation for their products and have been making these valves for years in other applications. Hopefully I made the right choices, only time will tell but it sure runs good right now.

propain 04-29-2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by kenw (Post 1586776601)
Fender I just got my 09 Z back from having heads rebuilt, new cam and headers. I chose to go with the Ferra's exhaust valves because of the close weight to the factory ones. Also Ferra does have a good reputation for their products and have been making these valves for years in other applications. Hopefully I made the right choices, only time will tell but it sure runs good right now.

Weight is important. I'm glad people are realizing this and going with a lighter option. :thumbs:

You certainly made a better choice than to run the solid valves. Which springs did you choose to run?