CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Corvette is dead! Help! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3439004-corvette-is-dead-help.html)

Z06_N_SD 07-02-2014 08:38 PM

( just reread that you have a tech 2)

615C6 07-02-2014 08:39 PM

They cant communicate with any module so they couldn't program it. Also the car wont go into accessory mode. I need to get the car into accessory mode before I can program the modules. I need to figure out why I cant go into accessory mode. At this point I don't think is my bcm or pcm.

Z06_N_SD 07-02-2014 08:43 PM

Mine couldn't communicate either. Hooked up an obd2 reader that was CAN capable. Keep me posted. Sounds exactly like my issue, and it was the PCM. You've checked all relays? Swapped em out?
Been working on planes(electronics) 14years now...it's rare to get a bad new part, but happens roughly around 5 percent of the time.
Keep me posted!

615C6 07-02-2014 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z06_N_SD (Post 1587273210)
Mine couldn't communicate either. Hooked up an obd2 reader that was CAN capable. Keep me posted. Sounds exactly like my issue, and it was the PCM. You've checked all relays? Swapped em out?
Been working on planes(electronics) 14years now...it's rare to get a bad new part, but happens roughly around 5 percent of the time.
Keep me posted!

All relays, fuses, and grounds are good. I can hear relays clicking and the RCDLR making noise but nothing powers up. Im about to pull the wiring harness and check that again. Ill keep posted, thanks

615C6 07-03-2014 03:30 PM

I was able to get communication with some of the modules today. Im not sure why I got communication today and yesterday I hadn't. The car sat over night with the negative battery cable off and NAV/radio disconnected. I also got my key fob working. It does unlock and lock my doors and also is being seen by the RCDLR. It will also unlock the doors from door pad. It does not how ever flash the lights or beep the horn when locking or locking but it does lock and unlock the door. I believe the nav/radio is shorted or the circuit to it is. The reason I say that is because the tech 2 cant communicate with the RCDLR when the nav/radio is plugged in and connected. Once I unplug the nav/radio I can communicate with the RCDLR. I was able to get DTC's.

B1420 Device voltage. Pass. door module

B1451 Device ignition accessory circuit short to battery

B1325 Device power 1 circuit voltage below threshold

B2907 Steering column lock motor enable relay circuit

B1480 Battery rundown protection circuit

U1064 Steering column lock module

U1305 steering column lock module

U1064 Passenger door module- lost communication with BCM/dash intergration module

U1164 Lost communication with driver door switch/pass door module

U1153 Passenger door module - lost communication with climate control panel

U1300 class 2 data link low- vehicle communication interface module

U1193 Steering column lock module- lost communication with RCDLR

U1064 heads up display - lost communication with BCM

U1000 Class 2 data link

U1000 Class 2 data link - BCM

U2108 Lost communication with ABS/TCS control system

U2105 Lost communication with Engine control system

gotz06? 07-04-2014 07:13 PM

Damn goodluck

09LS3 07-04-2014 07:43 PM

I had a simular problem; in my case it was an add on ipod adapter that was disrupting the communications on the class 2 serial bus. I am not sure how the i-simple that you have sends music to the nav/radio; but the unit I had sent information over the serial bus. You might try disconnecting the unit and see if anything changes.

0v3rc10ck3d 07-05-2014 02:37 AM

Geez. just bought a 2011 Grand sport and this thread has me scared.... LOL

kedar 07-05-2014 03:56 AM

Long shot suggestion, how is the transmission tunnel wire harness? Particularly the portion that goes from computer and then down along firewall to rear / above torque tube. The harness is attached to the firewall with a metal bracket which can chaffe the harness. The chaffing can short out wires.

615C6 07-05-2014 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 09LS3 (Post 1587286862)
I had a simular problem; in my case it was an add on ipod adapter that was disrupting the communications on the class 2 serial bus. I am not sure how the i-simple that you have sends music to the nav/radio; but the unit I had sent information over the serial bus. You might try disconnecting the unit and see if anything changes.

The I-simple has been disconnected. I think my nav unit is the problem. Once I disconnect my nav unit I can communicate with my RCDLR. I do think the I-simple and nitrous system caused the issue. Reason is because I used the isimple voltage feed for my 12V accessory for nitrous. being the I-simple was connected to my nav/radio it possibly shorted the radio or radio circuit. The funny thing is I have no blown fuses. i'm getting closer as I was able to get my cluster working and vehicle into accessory mode. Also got my gauges to do a gauge sweep once! Ill keep you guys updated

615C6 07-05-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by kedar (Post 1587288458)
Long shot suggestion, how is the transmission tunnel wire harness? Particularly the portion that goes from computer and then down along firewall to rear / above torque tube. The harness is attached to the firewall with a metal bracket which can chaffe the harness. The chaffing can short out wires.

Thanks for the heads up. Checked it and wire harness is ok in that area.

sallen619 07-05-2014 04:13 PM

Has the steering column lock been replaced ( a new one installed since this happened)?

615C6 07-05-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by sallen619 (Post 1587291255)
Has the steering column lock be replaced ( a new one installed since this happened)?

No its hasn't. The steering column lock is original.

sallen619 07-05-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 615C6 (Post 1587291286)
No its hasn't. The steering column lock is original.

In my opinion, the 1st thing you need to do is replace it with a new one. The car will not work if it is not functioning properly.

Once it malfunctioned, it could be causing a short...

615C6 07-05-2014 06:23 PM

Just an update. As of now my car seems to work fine as far as class2 goes. Also my power seat still has an issue. Not sure if its related to all this or not. My key fobs lock/unlock with fob and also now gives the light flash and horn chirp when locking. It now senses the car in reverse when turning ignition button to off. This is what happens now. I unlock car and get in vehicle, push clutch in and press start button. I hear the steering column unlock then it takes 10 seconds for the cluster to power up and give the gauge sweep. I try to hit start again and the cluster goes dark like it was off then 10 seconds later it powers up and gives the gauge sweep and displays reduce engine power. Connect tech 2 and I get 0 DTC's but have a few modules the tech 2 cant communicate with.

These modules show no communication: BCM, Drivers position module, EBCM, Electronic suspension control(don't have because I have the Z51 option), Folding top module(don't have), NAV radio(I have disconnected for now), Radio (its disconnected for now) , Supplemental inflation restraint module.

The thing that confuses me is why I get no communication with BCM and PCM when I viewed DTC's before and also my key fobs are working and being recognized. Also Everything is working normal except the 10 second delay with the gauge sweep and no start. My HUD, AC, And all accessory modes are woking normal. I can view my tire pressure, Fuel, Trip, etc.

Twowheelin_wildman 07-05-2014 09:00 PM

Seems like slowly but surely your getting there, been following this thread for awhile, one question... do you have any hair left..lol. good luck to ya!

615C6 07-05-2014 11:58 PM

Sorry for the false info on not being able to communicate with BCM, ECM, etc. I am currently able to communicate with all modules. Still trying to figure out the delay in my gauge sweep when hitting start button. Didn't realize I wasn't in run position with scan tool connected lmao.

615C6 07-06-2014 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Twowheelin_wildman (Post 1587292686)
Seems like slowly but surely your getting there, been following this thread for awhile, one question... do you have any hair left..lol. good luck to ya!

Hahaha..its a PITA but for some odd reason I love working on cars.

615C6 07-06-2014 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Z06_N_SD (Post 1587273164)
And for me, it was:
Push start, cluster comes up for a bit.
If u push started again, everything would die. 10 secs or so later , the cluster would come back. That would repeat as many times as I'd hit start button. No starter crank-nothing. When I jumped the starter, it would crank the engine-no start.

hmm..I also now have the 10 second delay.

615C6 07-07-2014 10:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Steering column, seat memory, and power seats are now working! Found an open wire in the seat module. The placement of this module is ridiculous. The module is flush and attached with the seat springs, your basically sitting on top the module.