CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3438417-tommy-from-macmulkin-gave-me-thrills-up-my-legs.html)

pn229 03-19-2014 11:15 PM

Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.

For the first time in my life I can honestly say I am truely proud to be an American. I can officially announce that I am the first Asian American in Las Vegas to own an AW 1 LT C7...all thanks to Tommy. Took less than three months but had courtesy delivery to Vegas without drama. No hassle in negotiation, no BS added fees. Just MSRP - discount....amazing. Drove it around town today and have to say....Tommy gave me thrills up my legs. Felt like a rock star. The Valet guys were salivating over the cars. They left the car infront of Tivoli Village and all the youngsters as well as old timers were taking pictures. I went to Chinatown for a hair cut, came out and an old Chinese man was taking picture of the car with his phone. He gave me thumbs up and said " cool car man." How often does that happen...an Asian guy giving another Asian guy a compliment. We usualy give each other dirty looks. On the free way cars and trucks were slowing down to check the car out. Came home and a dude with his wife in a 7 series flagged me down to ask where I got the car and asked me to rev the engine for his wife to hear. I told him to call Tomm @ MacMulkin for no hassle buying experience. All kidding aside with the puns...great car. Love the smell, love the engine, love the ride.....no blind spot...just adjust the damn mirror. My wife even said I had a glow on me after I got the car and that I looked better. She even promised to make love to me cause I got my sexy back. :)

vincent_esq 03-19-2014 11:32 PM

Welcome, pn229! As another Asian American, I also proudly own an AW 1LT with Adrenaline Red Int. I also have NPP, Nav, 7sp. Is your auto or 7sp? I have had my car for a little over 3 months and almost 6k miles already!
By the way, I highly recommend you consider adding the carbon fiber dash. I was NEVER a fan of carbon fiber, but after putting it in, and looking at pics of my old plastic dash, I can't believe the difference it makes!
This car is not for the shy! EVERY TIME I go somewhere, I experience at least one or two fans! Have fun with the car! My brother lives in Vegas. I'm actually passing by Vegas next week on my way to Utah for some skiing. Maybe we can hook up sometime. PM me if you have any questions.
By the way, post some pics.

pn229 03-19-2014 11:38 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome Vincent. Glad there are other Asian professionals who love this car. I was trying to be tongue and cheek on the thread. Loving this car already. I see you practice law in Bakerfield. I used to commute up there daily from Al Hambra for work. Hated the summer months and the CHP on the 5. Got 6 tickets in 8 months. What does your brother do in Vegas? YEah...thinking aout adding carbon flash to the ash as well.

Originally Posted by vincent_esq (Post 1586449173)
Welcome, pn229! As another Asian American, I also proudly own an AW 1LT with Adrenaline Red Int. I also have NPP, Nav, 7sp. Is your auto or 7sp? I have had my car for a little over 3 months and almost 6k miles already!
By the way, I highly recommend you consider adding the carbon fiber dash. I was NEVER a fan of carbon fiber, but after putting it in, and looking at pics of my old plastic dash, I can't believe the difference it makes!
This car is not for the shy! EVERY TIME I go somewhere, I experience at least one or two fans! Have fun with the car! My brother lives in Vegas. I'm actually passing by Vegas next week on my way to Utah for some skiing. Maybe we can hook up sometime. PM me if you have any questions.
By the way, post some pics.

gixxerbill 03-19-2014 11:39 PM

You need to rename the title way to gay sounding unless your a chick. :D

pn229 03-19-2014 11:42 PM

That was the point..trying to be tongue and cheek...like Chris Mathew from Hardball. :)

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586449219)

Gary '09 C6 03-19-2014 11:48 PM

that would be "tongue-in-cheek" ... :D

(and, congrats on your new C7 !)

vincent_esq 03-19-2014 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586449212)
Thanks for the warm welcome Vincent. I was trying to be tongue and cheek on the thread. Loving this car already. I see you practice law in Bakerfield. I used to commute up there daily from Al Hambra for work. Hated the summer months and the CHP on the 5. Got 6 tickets in 8 months. What does your brother do in Vegas?

LOL, It was a bit gay sounding. :rofl:
My brother is physician there. He has a practice on Charleston. You need to get a the Valentine One. Tickets these days are EXPENSIVE! :willy:
We go to Vegas a couple times a year. One of these days that I am in Vegas with my wife and C7, let's meet up. It would be cool to have 2 AW C7 driving on the strip!

pn229 03-19-2014 11:51 PM

Gary..you must excuse me...English is my second language. Still excited after getting my baby home. :)

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6 (Post 1586449264)

pn229 03-19-2014 11:53 PM

Vincent..sounds great. People would be shocked there are two asian dudes with Vettes. Is your brother a gp?

Originally Posted by vincent_esq (Post 1586449275)
LOL, It was a bit gay sounding. :rofl:
My brother is physician there. He has a practice on Charleston. You need to get a the Valentine One. Tickets these days are EXPENSIVE! :willy:
We go to Vegas a couple times a year. One of these days that I am in Vegas with my wife and C7, let's meet up. It would be cool to have 2 AW C7 driving on the strip!

Gary '09 C6 03-19-2014 11:53 PM

:rofl: no problem at all !

george vee 03-20-2014 12:10 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.

C7pimp 03-20-2014 01:01 AM

Ya, but he wants tongue in his cheeks by the sounds of the thread title. What a fairy.

vincent_esq 03-20-2014 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586449299)
Vincent..sounds great. People would be shocked there are two asian dudes with Vettes. Is your brother a gp?

My brother is internal medicine.

pn229 03-20-2014 01:42 AM

C7 pimp....take it as you may...however please reread the post. I was playing on the words of liberal pundit Chris Mathews " thrill up my legs" analysis during the Obama speech,as well as Michelle Obama's "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" speech. No pixie dust nor fairy tale here. Then again..what is wrong with being gay anyways? I am happily married to my wife and have gay friends. I am also a conservative...but I respect the life choice of others...so should you.

QUOTE=C7pimp;1586449591]Ya, but he wants tongue in his cheeks by the sounds of the thread title. What a fairy.[/QUOTE]

pn229 03-20-2014 01:44 AM

Vincent,

Could you provide his office adress? My mother in law is looking for a physician who is Asian. She feels more comfortable discussing her medical history with them.

UOTE=vincent_esq;1586449688]My brother is internal medicine.[/QUOTE]

vincent_esq 03-20-2014 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586449699)
Vincent,

Could you provide his office adress? My mother in law is looking for a physician who is Asian. She feels more comfortable discussing her medical history with them.

UOTE=vincent_esq;1586449688]My brother is internal medicine.

[/QUOTE]

Pm sent.

C7pimp 03-20-2014 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586449693)
C7 pimp....take it as you may...however please reread the post. I was playing on the words of liberal pundit Chris Mathews " thrill up my legs" analysis during the Obama speech,as well as Michelle Obama's "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" speech. No pixie dust nor fairy tale here. Then again..what is wrong with being gay anyways? I am happily married to my wife and have gay friends. I am also a conservative...but I respect the life choice of others...so should you.

Relax, I was joking.

nh_mark 03-20-2014 06:28 AM

Congrats on the car and I hope you have many miles of enjoyment!

I am lucky enough to live in NH so I bought my car from Tommy and after meeting him I have to say that I don't remember ever feeling that way with him :D

I'm just kidding...I got the joke.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the club :rock:

-Mark

orlanderlv 03-20-2014 06:39 AM

I don't get it. Is "Tommy" giving out discounts for reviews? I've never seen a car forum with so many blatant and fake reviews, endorsements and announcements in my life.

nh_mark 03-20-2014 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by orlanderlv (Post 1586450011)
I don't get it. Is "Tommy" giving out discounts for reviews? I've never seen a car forum with so many blatant and fake reviews, endorsements and announcements in my life.

?? I don't understand...I just picked up my car this past weekend from them and the entire process was flawless.

Tommy and his team are stand-up people. There was no pressure to buy anything extra and there were no extra charges. Car was delivered on time and they worked with me on a couple of "non-standard" delivery requests that I had.

Really was a great buying experience and I will be returning there in the future for sure without question.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but please don't insinuate that people who have had a good experience are being paid to endorse MacMulkin or are lying in some way.

-Mark

C7Joy 03-20-2014 06:57 AM

Congrats on the new car, glad Tommy set you up. :cheers:

Bill17601 03-20-2014 07:02 AM

Back to the OP... I was around in the fall of 1962 when the first Sting Rays hit the dealers. The impact of that car is a lot like driving a C7 today. Even with 20,000 or so having been built I can not drive anywhere without drawing a small crowd. It is not like I am personally seeking attention. It is that stunning a car. There will come a day when what is new becomes normal and that will become history. What it does prove is GM has hit a home run.

Congradulations on your new ride. Enjoy it and drive it you earned it.

GOLD72 03-20-2014 07:51 AM

Congratulations!! Tommy Jr certainly makes it easy. I ordered my ZR1 from Tommy with NCM delivery over 3 years ago.

Goaty 03-20-2014 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586449079)
For the first time in my life I can honestly say I am truely proud to be an American.

Aren't there other great things about America besides the Corvette? Did you feel ashamed of the country before buying the car? In China you wouldn't be able to freely post on internet forums. A lot of people fought and died for you to have that freedom here.

ATX-C7 03-20-2014 07:55 AM

Tommy is da man...enjoy and congrats.

Pics when you can.

Harry2 03-20-2014 08:57 AM

Congrats and enjoy!

arcticblast 03-20-2014 09:02 AM

Congrats on the new car. Fun to hear that excitement in your post. Enjoy that fine ride.:thumbs:

Rich Mickol 03-20-2014 09:06 AM

Congrats on the new ride. :cheers:

mjoacim 03-20-2014 09:27 AM

QUOTE=C7pimp;1586449591]Ya, but he wants tongue in his cheeks by the sounds of the thread title. What a fairy.

[/QUOTE]

:thumbs::rofl: Good for you, man. This is a car forum, but I support your stance. Oh yeah, and millions on welfare thank you, too, lol.

By the way, enjoy your car, you earned it!!!!

69L79 03-20-2014 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1586450243)
Aren't there other great things about America besides the Corvette? Did you feel ashamed of the country before buying the car? In China you wouldn't be able to freely post on internet forums. A lot of people fought and died for you to have that freedom here.

:iagree: Well stated. I know the OP is gushing over his new Vette. Probably his first. But, to say that a Car is the thing that made him feel proud about this Country is pretty pathetic. IMO. :flag:

Philr56 03-20-2014 09:45 AM

Don't understand the hater-aide. If you're in the market for a Stingray, call them for yourself to see if people are telling the truth. My experience with Tommie and the Stingray crew has been exemplary thus far.

vincent_esq 03-20-2014 10:23 AM

OP is just kidding with his wordings, guys. Re-read his last post, not the first post. He said on his last post that he combined the "first time I'm proud to be an American" of Michelle Obama and "thrills up my leg" of Chris Matthews to express that he is super happy with his new toy.
Instead of another, "hey guys, I just got another c7", this is just to lighten things up, that's all, guys.

beepster 03-20-2014 10:25 AM

:iagree:

:iagree: Yeah, it could possibly be that the greatest thing is not the vette, but the opportunity to work for and establish (and acquire) the means to get it...:flag:

cor28vettes 03-20-2014 10:33 AM

Tommy has had an excellent reputation on the forum over the years.

OP...We're happy for you but we also need pics asap

Art-2008 03-20-2014 10:43 AM

Misreading Prior Post

There is NOTHING in this man's posts to indicate that he is not proud and grateful to be in America. The quote you site is not HIS opinion, but him being critical of a less than patriotic comment made by the current first lady.

Those who view anything he wrote as un-American need to reread all of his posts.:flag:

English is his "second language" and he may not have expressed himself perfectly.

1bdvet 03-20-2014 10:56 AM

:cheers:Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new ride!

GreginNH 03-20-2014 11:14 AM

Since you haven't been a member of this forum for very long, I suspect that majority of the folks on this forum will dismiss your statement as being grossly misinformed, misguided and without any basis.

There are several vendors on this forum who also enjoy the same kind of accolades that are routinely given to Tommy Jr.

GreginNH 03-20-2014 11:18 AM

Almost forgot...CONGRATS TO OP!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Vette_It_be 03-20-2014 11:43 AM

I bought mine from Tommy also and am just waiting for it to be delivered. Built date was 3/5. It's on a train somewhere in middle America on its way to So Cal (Orange County). It can't get here quick enough. Tommy was great to work with.

F4 Phantom 03-20-2014 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586449219)

:iagree:

speedlink 03-20-2014 07:20 PM

Newby huh? I can see why you don't get it.

Tommy is the best. Forum vendors don't pander. They deliver the goods. Yes you can get discounts! Tommy doesn't give them for great reviews. He's a great dealer! He gets the great reviews for his superior customer service and pricing.:thumbs:

not08crmanymore 03-20-2014 08:28 PM

You obviously never bought a car from Macmaulkin and Tommy Jr. or you'd know that his service is impeccable and he doesn't need to do anything but sell Corvettes as he does.So let us know when you take your foot out of your mouth there sparky.

ATX-C7 03-20-2014 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1586456090)
You obviously never bought a car from Macmaulkin and Tommy Jr. or you'd know that his service is impeccable and he doesn't need to do anything but sell Corvettes as he does.So let us know when you take your foot out of your mouth there sparky.

:iagree::iagree:

FLYNLO 03-20-2014 08:40 PM

Tommy don't **** around!!!

vaugie 03-20-2014 09:24 PM

Dude, you're way off base. Tommy delivers even when other large dealers can't. End of story, that simple.

ATX-C7 03-20-2014 09:28 PM

TOMMY IS DA MAN - PERIOD!!

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...before-you.gif

Skid Row Joe 03-20-2014 09:35 PM

It's part of the process in getting a new Corvette around here to plug your dealer. The guy's excited, and stated that English was his second language and all. I'd cut him a break. He did a good write-up on it, IMO.

pn229 03-20-2014 11:04 PM

Tommy an his team have been very professional through out the whole experience. He gave me the discount three months ago. I am in no way obligated to say anything positive about the guy. I am really happy with whole flawless process. He even overnight my temporary plate today.

Originally Posted by nh_mark (Post 1586450039)
?? I don't understand...I just picked up my car this past weekend from them and the entire process was flawless.

Tommy and his team are stand-up people. There was no pressure to buy anything extra and there were no extra charges. Car was delivered on time and they worked with me on a couple of "non-standard" delivery requests that I had.

Really was a great buying experience and I will be returning there in the future for sure without question.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but please don't insinuate that people who have had a good experience are being paid to endorse MacMulkin or are lying in some way.

-Mark

pn229 03-20-2014 11:12 PM

Goaty,

As a Vietnamese refugee....I love America. I came here in 1984 as a boat person. My family and I have been put in jail by the VCs four times. We were captured by Thai pirates two times. We were shot at my VC twice...luckily they were bad shot. My family's first xmas tree and couch was from a dumpster. We grew up on welfare for three years. But with hard work and education...I have bettered myself as well as the life of my family....through the opportunities provided by America. I have been proud to be in this country before the Obamas thought is was cool. Please reread the thread...it was an attempt to poke fun at the progressives.

BTW...my dad was a naval officer working with the Americans during the war. He was put into reeducation camp for 8 years after the fall of Saigon. He has the battle scars to prove it. On a regularly basis I provide free or reduce fees treatment to the families of our serviceman. I also send my patients' spouses care packages oversea....yes I love my country.

cor28vettes 03-21-2014 12:05 AM

You and your family are living the American dream. I commend you all for your achievements and wish you the best.
(Know that Politics, Religion & Controversy are hot topic discussions in the Off Topic forum)

The best part, as far as we are concerned, is that brand new iconic Vette. We are happy for you.

Don't forget, save the wave, and pics

:seeya

135th Assault Helicopter Co, VN 67-68 :flag:

pn229 03-21-2014 12:27 AM

Thank you for noticing the subtle nuance in my post.

Originally Posted by Art-2008 (Post 1586451429)
There is NOTHING in this man's posts to indicate that he is not proud and grateful to be in America. The quote you site is not HIS opinion, but him being critical of a less than patriotic comment made by the current first lady.

Those who view anything he wrote as un-American need to reread all of his posts.:flag:

English is his "second language" and he may not have expressed himself perfectly.

pn229 03-21-2014 12:31 AM

Thank you for your service. Without your help, South Vietnam would not have lasted as long. Where was your squadron stationed?

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes (Post 1586457686)
You and your family are living the American dream. I commend you all for your achievements and wish you the best.
(Know that Politics, Religion & Controversy are hot topic discussions in the Off Topic forum)

The best part, as far as we are concerned, is that brand new iconic Vette. We are happy for you.

Don't forget, save the wave, and pics

:seeya

135th Assault Helicopter Co, VN 67-68 :flag:

cor28vettes 03-21-2014 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586457807)
Thank you for your service. Without your help, South Vietnam would not have lasted as long. Where was your squadron stationed?

Thnx

Vung Tau & Camp Blackhorse

pn229 03-21-2014 12:39 AM

I lived in Vung Tau as a kid. Beautiful beaches...even after the Russians based their naval fleets down there. My grandma's rice paddy had an old US hewey in the field. I think they took it away by now. I am glad you made it out before Saigon fell.

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes (Post 1586457821)
Thnx

Vung Tau & Camp Blackhorse

GOLD72 03-21-2014 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by GreginNH (Post 1586451649)
Since you haven't been a member of this forum for very long, I suspect that majority of the folks on this forum will dismiss your statement as being grossly misinformed, misguided and without any basis.

There are several vendors on this forum who also enjoy the same kind of accolades that are routinely given to Tommy Jr.

:iagree: I second that. Ken Fichtner is excellent as well as my first two NCM delivered cars were ordered from Ken.

WKMCD 03-21-2014 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by pn229 (Post 1586457367)
Goaty,

As a Vietnamese refugee....I love America. I came here in 1984 as a boat person. My family and I have been put in jail by the VCs four times. We were captured by Thai pirates two times. We were shot at my VC twice...luckily they were bad shot. My family's first xmas tree and couch was from a dumpster. We grew up on welfare for three years. But with hard work and education...I have bettered myself as well as the life of my family....through the opportunities provided by America. I have been proud to be in this country before the Obamas thought is was cool. Please reread the thread...it was an attempt to poke fun at the progressives.

BTW...my dad was a naval officer working with the Americans during the war. He was put into reeducation camp for 8 years after the fall of Saigon. He has the battle scars to prove it. On a regularly basis I provide free or reduce fees treatment to the families of our serviceman. I also send my patients' spouses care packages oversea....yes I love my country.

A belated welcome to the United States of America. You and your family are to be commended. You've worked very hard to better yourself here. That's more than can be said for a lot of people born in this country. :thumbs:

NSC5 03-21-2014 03:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Perhaps I am reading too much into the original poster's comments but I think part of what he was expressing was this was the first time it really hit him how proud he is to be part of the USA. For many people born here it takes a special happening to make them aware just like the C7 triggered that for him. I expect for some people in my part of Central IL it will come from seeing the work of the volunteers from the very small town of Hopedale (population 868) who just put out over 2,000 U.S. flags to honor a fallen local marine who was killed in a flight training exercise in Nevada. Photos attached showing how they even covered rural areas outside of the village.

Also to the OP, I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf coast and quite a few people from S. Vietnam settled there and I dealt with a number of them in my business activities. The work ethic was (and I am sure still is) incredible. One sister teaches the advanced placement courses in a Gulfport elementary school and the majority of the students in this gifted class each year are children of Vietnamese immigrants.

Enjoy the C7 experience!

Kevin_NYC 03-21-2014 04:51 PM

Dude,

Change your post.

You are coming off sounding seriously clueless.

MacMUlkin is top notch.

Slynky 03-21-2014 04:58 PM

Better to have helped gixxer out a bit...I had to reread his several times to deciper... :rolleyes:

Congrats to the new owner ! :thumbs:

Slynky 03-21-2014 05:06 PM

QUOTE=C7pimp;1586449591]Ya, but he wants tongue in his cheeks by the sounds of the thread title. What a fairy.

[/QUOTE]

Jeez, you post what I considered to be a nice post and you get attacked on your patriotism and sexual orientation. ----ing sad...

I have no use for people who routinely throw around the word gay as an intended insult and derogatory adjective/noun.

Welcome to the forum...

PS: I was stationed in Thailand providing intel for the US effort in Viet Nam.

epicvet 03-21-2014 05:27 PM

Congratulation on your C7. If I were you, I'd take Vincent's advice and buy the carbon fiber dash then invite him over to install it. He knows what he's doing!

pn229 03-22-2014 12:44 AM

There is nothing better than seeing an American flag. When our boat was adrift on the China Sea for three days, an American tanker spotted us and rescued us. Any other nation flag....who knows. Any immigrant can tell you...America is the land of opportunity..if one uses the opportunity wisely. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted by NSC5 (Post 1586461912)
Perhaps I am reading too much into the original poster's comments but I think part of what he was expressing was this was the first time it really hit him how proud he is to be part of the USA. For many people born here it takes a special happening to make them aware just like the C7 triggered that for him. I expect for some people in my part of Central IL it will come from seeing the work of the volunteers from the very small town of Hopedale (population 868) who just put out over 2,000 U.S. flags to honor a fallen local marine who was killed in a flight training exercise in Nevada. Photos attached showing how they even covered rural areas outside of the village.

Also to the OP, I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf coast and quite a few people from S. Vietnam settled there and I dealt with a number of them in my business activities. The work ethic was (and I am sure still is) incredible. One sister teaches the advanced placement courses in a Gulfport elementary school and the majority of the students in this gifted class each year are children of Vietnamese immigrants.

Enjoy the C7 experience!

pn229 03-22-2014 12:52 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. For the most part most members on this forum are very cordial. I have learned alot the last three months just browsing the various posts. Funny how some read things without looking at the context and subtle nuances in the entries. I have not posted until now for I just received the car this Wednesday. I have been tracking it impatiently with On Star. Everyday I drive it, I have a greater infinity towards it. Such a beautiful ride. My kids fight each other for the shotgun position.

BTW..thank you for your service. Alot more Vietnamese would have been killed if it weren't for you and your bothers in arms.

Jeez, you post what I considered to be a nice post and you get attacked on your patriotism and sexual orientation. ----ing sad...

I have no use for people who routinely throw around the word gay as an intended insult and derogatory adjective/noun.

Welcome to the forum...

PS: I was stationed in Thailand providing intel for the US effort in Viet Nam.[/QUOTE]

pn229 03-22-2014 12:53 AM

Thank you...am looking into it. First trying to figure out how to use the infotainment system while driving.

Originally Posted by epicvet (Post 1586462729)
Congratulation on your C7. If I were you, I'd take Vincent's advice and buy the carbon fiber dash then invite him over to install it. He knows what he's doing!

vincent_esq 03-22-2014 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by epicvet (Post 1586462729)

Hey Don and PN229,
Anytime I can help. If you do not have your dash in yet, Don, let me know. I can drop by and help you out. The whole process should take about 3 hours. I have all the tools already. Of course, your car, you get to do the actual pulling "demolition" of parts, but I will be there to guide and give moral support. :cheers: