CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Drop Shipments to Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3425383-drop-shipments-to-southern-california.html)

Docfeelgood 02-24-2014 12:36 AM

Drop Shipments to Southern California

Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!

redshift1 02-24-2014 12:45 AM

From another forum:

Originally Posted by Docfeelgood (Post 1586247966)
Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

Docfeelgood 02-24-2014 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by redshift1 (Post 1586247994)
From another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.

Johneecatt 02-24-2014 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Docfeelgood (Post 1586248067)
Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.

I couldn't find one…. and with the smog test issues...

redshift1 02-24-2014 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Docfeelgood (Post 1586248067)

I've followed the Chevy dealers in OC on yelp and the reviews are disappointing in both sales and service. Not sure what I'm going to do when the time comes.

ATX-C7 02-24-2014 08:38 AM

If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.

Docfeelgood 02-24-2014 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ATX-C7 (Post 1586248907)
If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.

Thanks..will check with MacMulkin. I bought thru Buds last time around.

Vette_It_be 02-24-2014 11:23 AM

Try Dellilo Chevrolet in Huntington Beach. I bought my C7 through MacMulkin and set up the courtesy delivery for $300.00 Ask for John Helkin. He'll set you up.

Cheech Wizard 02-24-2014 12:58 PM

I would consider buying from Boardwalk in Redwood City, flying there and driving back.