CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3424891-buyers-remorse-1lt-vs-2lt.html)

John Ulrich 12-01-2014 11:23 PM

No matter what you buy.......they all say "CORVETTE" on the back

JerryU 12-01-2014 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by vampz13x (Post 1586240780)
I ordered my C7 convertible last week. White with red interior, red calipers, chrome wheels, 7 speed, black top, 1LT. I'm starting to regret not getting the 2LT but it seems the only things I'm missing out on are: red stitching and HUD. The price tag is so steep between the two packages when these are the only two things I need. Ugh, I think I'm just looking to get talked into changing my order.

There are a few must haves in my opinion:
1) HUD- after having in my C6 would not want to drive without it! Neat to have the added feature in the C7 of gear number and RevMatch clearly visible. Reminds me to turn it on when the gear number is not colored.
2) Sub woofer - may sound trivial but I missed one in my C6! Had installed them in the two small GM trucks I drove when between Vettes! I don't listen to Rap more like Janis Joplin and the Four a Seasons but missed a sub woofer in the C6. With Bose not easy to add a decent one since they put amps in each speaker etc. The one in the 2 and 3LT is it huge but for me is fine!
3) Getting out of the Vette is easier with the seat and steering wheel are raised.
4) Heated seats are a great feature this time of year.

Jacks02 12-02-2014 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by SRQStingray (Post 1586241015)
If it doesn't break the bank, the 2LT is the way to go. The 1LT is a real bargain, but the 2LT adds a lot that most people want.

======
You just provided the definition of "marketing." :D

C2367 12-02-2014 12:53 AM

I ordered mine the way I wanted it built. If I wanted a 2LT or what ever it would of been no problem, have the cash but did not want or need. 1LT, ZF1, NPP, A8 and this time I went with Shark Gray, Gray interior. No regrets or buyers remorse, how could I, got supplier and price protection.

keeks2915 12-02-2014 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by GreginNH (Post 1586240960)
My brother in law (who spends money like a drunken sailor) says "what's another fart once you've $hit your pants"!

This fart saying is gold! It will be added to the library for future comedy use.

Brought memories flashing back of my war vet father in law who would always blurt out a random saying every passing of gas while playing darts.

My favorite... After a particularly sharp retort.

"Speaks pretty clearly for a hair lip"

And yes go big or go home on the interior upgrade.

JRYELLOWCORVETTE 12-02-2014 07:51 AM

When spending that kind of money I would not consider anything less than the 2LT. Personally I don't see the benefit in stepping up to the 3LT for the extra money. Interest rates are still pretty low at 1.99% and over 72 months the extra is not much.
Change your order if you can. There are lots of 1LT's on the dealers lots and you could make a pretty good deal so why order.

Tom/99 12-02-2014 08:26 AM

No regrets with ordering a 1LT. I didn't want anything that was offered in the 2LT package.

Corgidog1 12-02-2014 09:28 AM

Buyers remorse is an ugly affliction that can ruin the enjoyment of a purchase. I always spend the extra $ as insurance against this ugly disease.

Mike Campbell 12-02-2014 09:43 AM

Interesting comments. But what I found out was the dealers I talked to said the 1LT's don't last on their lots.

bapd77 12-02-2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by GreginNH (Post 1586240960)
My brother in law (who spends money like a drunken sailor) says "what's another fart once you've $hit your pants"!

I literally laughed out loud!

C2367 12-02-2014 05:45 PM

Most of the C7's here in SoCal are 2 & 3 LT's. The dealers can make more Gross on a higher price car. So no most are 2 & 3 LT's.

Mike Campbell 12-02-2014 07:32 PM

C2367 :Most of the C7's here in SoCal are 2 & 3 LT's. The dealers can make more Gross on a higher price car. So no most are 2 & 3 LT's.
Sure the dealers load them up and put all kinds of useless stuff on them to make more money. That's exactly my point! :ack: The 2 & 3LT's hang around and the 1LT's are snatched up. I know our local guys have $70 K +
cars that seem to still be there everytime I go there. :crazy2:

C7HOORAY 12-02-2014 08:09 PM

The real question is....

Originally Posted by shaan (Post 1586241058)
:rofl: that's hilarious

What would you do with the extra $4K you save with a 1LT?? I went with a 1LT because I could buy a pretty good used car with the money difference and the base car is EXTREMELY well equipped. The extra options are nice, but undeniably pricey.

However, after driving a friend's 2LT and trying out the options, next time I will add the 2LT package!

bigblock427 12-02-2014 08:31 PM

Before, and when, I ordered my C7 I priced and reprice my car with 1LT and 2LT. The only options I really wanted from the 2LT package was the HUD, ajustable seats, and possibly the upgraded stereo. But I did not want to spend an additional $4,300 for those items. I could afford the additional cost, but just didn't feel like spending the money. And when I received my car, I was quite pleased with the seats, the stereo was what I expected, and I don't really miss the HUD. I spent my money on other things on my car (see signature). I have not regretted my decision. I am very satisfied with my 1LT package.

thrilled 12-06-2014 12:32 PM

I never once considered the 2LT.Go strong or go home.I went home.Bought the base 1LT.
At the price of the 3LT Z51,I have an extra $30,000-$40,000 in the bank.

John Ulrich 12-06-2014 12:37 PM

Scary how fast it all adds up. The options on mine total more then the value of my 1981! Hard to justify so I don't.

Glen e 12-06-2014 12:39 PM

1LT too Spartan for me, the 2LT is a nice compromise, 3LT overkill

My opin, you make up your own mind....

OLD_GOAT 12-06-2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by C2367 (Post 1588388608)
I ordered mine the way I wanted it built. If I wanted a 2LT or what ever it would of been no problem, have the cash but did not want or need. 1LT, ZF1, NPP, A8 and this time I went with Shark Gray, Gray interior. No regrets or buyers remorse, how could I, got supplier and price protection.

Same here. I special ordered the car the way I wanted it. It's really very simple.

I will buy one of those visors that have the garage door opening capabilities, but that's all I really wanted. With the data recorder/nav system I have enough gauges and toys on the car that I don't need the HUD, and my a$$ doesn't have to be parked over a heated or cooled seat. :D

IMHO, for my needs, the value just wasn't there for the LT2, however we all have different wants/needs.

Motohead279 12-06-2014 01:08 PM

I went with the 3LT because the interior us very important to me, it where you spend most of your time. The difference in feel of the Nappa Leather used is quite different than the 2LT or the 1LT.

To each is own.

bob guzzy 12-06-2014 01:25 PM

Some people buy a car to keep, others like me only keep them a short time, even though I say I will keep it I wind up selling sooner than most.

It's much easier to sell a car that is nicely equipped, than one with just the bare bones, good color and equipment are very important.

If you want a great deal on a used corvette look for one with as little in the way of options that car will most likely sell last and sell below market.