CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3424705-the-previous-corvette-models-owners-are-going-to-hate-this-post.html)

rob62 02-24-2014 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08 (Post 1586243006)
More like if your 80 you choose the 69! Hunk of metal compared to even a C-6!

Nothing to do with it.I'm 51 and already have what you have and a few others. But I don't have a chrome bumper------yet.

SevenTurns 02-24-2014 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 1586238529)
Sad.

:iagree: Pathetic

JoesC5 02-24-2014 03:37 PM

Why would anyone settle for impressing an outdated 25 year old hag with their 2014 C7 when they can drive a 56 C1 and pickup 18 year old chicks(I was around 65 when this photo was taken).

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/.../56atanpac.jpg

gixxerbill 02-24-2014 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1586252133)
Why would anyone settle for impressing an outdated 25 year old hag with their 2014 C7 when they can drive a 56 C1 and pickup 18 year old chicks(I was around 65 when this photo was taken).

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/.../56atanpac.jpg

and people call me a prevert? :lol: cherry car dude!!!

b4i4getit 02-25-2014 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 (Post 1586247358)
Impress myself = this is the car that I enjoy and could care less who I impress with it. Many women think that we buy these cars to impress others and especially women. Was asked a couple of times recently from women as to why I would buy a car like that!

Trouble is some clowns DO buy these cars to impress women. Then they feel inadequate when the woman figures out it is not a Ferrari or Lamborghini. An exotic car is still an exotic car and will always get attention. You should only buy a car to impress yourself in my opinion.

C7Amaybe 02-25-2014 11:52 AM

I found it funny though, people rarely question one's choice in expensive material things necessary to be successful in one's career.

But choice of expensive material things for pleasure gets controversial no matter which corner you are in.

besz28 02-25-2014 02:49 PM

and people wonder why Corvette owners are labeled as creepy, old men going through a mid life crisis. wow

vetdude 02-25-2014 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586238325)
Dude everything men do since 13 is to help get or impress chicks. And since we are getting older we need every advantage we can. (besides being almost 50 I work out and was best looking guy at the table anyway. :D

Wow, "almost 50" going on 16. I've owned exactly (20) Corvettes over the years, from a C1 to C3s, C4s, C5s and C6s and have never carried a picture of any of them with me. Like most true Corvette enthusiasts, I enjoy these cars for what they are and could give a flying rodent's buttocks how I or the cars are perceived by others.

Motohead279 02-25-2014 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sugar (Post 1586244247)
Not questioning your finances at all. It was a statement. I own a $68k C7 too so I know you aren't poor. The post was just silly from the get go. The only think I question about this stupid thread is why you would even post it. And I had 2 C6's and don't see a single bit of difference in the attention from the females. 99% of all females I pass don't even look at my car. 99.999% of males double take and gawk at the C7. Telling it like it is. The whole story seems like a "I think that stripper really likes me" story.

I will disagree with you there. It surprised the hell out of me that I get as much attention in my C7 than I did in my Lamborghini...whether it is wanted or not, from both men and women. It's a new sleek stylish car, it really broke the mold from the "been around forever" vette look. It's new, it will eventually wear off.

It's funny how this thread got so sidetracked with so many harsh opinions... I read the post and took it for what it was... A 50 year old married guy who got some attention from a 25 year old... Nothing more nothing less.

Relax people, everyone of us in some way enjoy a little bit of attention in life. It's human nature. There is a difference between buying a car to impress women and buying a car and having people admire it.

She's was a girl that liked the car and wanted to get a look at it. He got attention and liked it. Take it for what it's worth....

Now, Being an avid sport bike rider... Freeway wheelies are not the smartest thing, especially with a family to look after. It's only a matter of time and it only takes one mistake, your fault or not to change your life instantly. Just my .02.

vetdude 02-25-2014 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586238325)
Dude everything men do since 13 is to help get or impress chicks. And since we are getting older we need every advantage we can. (besides being almost 50 I work out and was best looking guy at the table anyway. :D

Wow, "almost 50" going on 16. I've owned exactly (20) Corvettes over the years, from a C1 to C3s, C4s, C5s and C6s and have never carried a picture of any of them with me. Like most true Corvette enthusiasts, I enjoy these cars for what they are and could give a flying rodent's buttocks how I or the cars are perceived by others.

jkcam6017 02-25-2014 04:49 PM

Thanks for this thread. I was questioning myself about selling my three Vettes. After reading this I feel much better.

BTW if you want a chick magnet, buy a used Jeep Wrangler. They won't leave me alone.

QUAKEJAKE 02-25-2014 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1586239222)
Everyone in here should just relax, so what if he's proud of his car, I have pics of my car on my phone and it's not as if he solicited her attention, the topic was already at hand. Perhaps you married men have nothing going on below the border but those of us who are actually men and still care about impressing women do.

So this is the Different demographic GM was looking for in the new C7? The "real men" my friend are the ones that can keep and impress the same beautiful women for 20,30 50 years.

2K3Z06 02-25-2014 05:11 PM

So a new corvette will get you laid, and an old corvette will get you attention, down at the senior center......... from other old men.... lol....

Grant Elis 02-25-2014 09:45 PM

Once again, For those of you who have never experienced the "Texas State Of Mind"..............

gixxerbill 02-28-2014 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Grant Elis (Post 1586263864)
Once again, For those of you who have never experienced the "Texas State Of Mind"..............

and the Colorado state of mind is what...stoned?

BacknBlack 03-01-2014 12:16 AM

A vette get you laid? From what age group?

I had my first vette at 21 and the only question I received from girls my age was " is that your fathers car?" Reason they asked is because they only have seen guys their fathers age drive one. The vette never got me laid. It only made me look older.

C7Amaybe 03-01-2014 12:19 AM

Whatever you do to impress a girl, just don't try to show her how safe your gun is when it is not loaded:)

http://gunsnfreedom.com/michigan-man...to-girlfriend/

Apparently this kind of things happen from time to time. Just be careful, in the presence of a girl you so want to impress, your judgment can be clouded, whether you are under some other influence or not.

I am sure I don't have to try very hard to convince many of you, we have all been there before:)

3 Z06ZR1 03-01-2014 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by brentano (Post 1586239495)
I have no problem with this. Have some fun, But a few drinks in a bar with my new car sitting out in the parking lot... I don't know.

Anyway, being 62, I will admit I'm trying to relive some of my past. As I told my wife, I did not expect all the attention this car would get from all the women. Might as well have fun with it to a degree.

Ah the 1973 Just like that only a different blue sure it was slow and not real dependable but boy did it get the chicks! The O P is going to hate this post but he could take a lesson to see what getting chicks really is! I think 8 different girls in the 1973 in one Saturday night was the most! :cheers:

3 Z06ZR1 03-01-2014 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by BacknBlack (Post 1586291076)
A vette get you laid? From what age group?

I had my first vette at 21 and the only question I received from girls my age was " is that your fathers car?" Reason they asked is because they only have seen guys their fathers age drive one. The vette never got me laid. It only made me look older.

Huh! Maybe you didn't have a job and they knew it! I bought my own Corvette and no mistaking it got me laid quite a few times. Several girls would want rides are you kidding? I'm 56 and my 2014 has had a few nice ones in it so far!

At 21 you maybe needed to look a little older! :cheers:

millers1 03-01-2014 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE (Post 1586261452)
So this is the Different demographic GM was looking for in the new C7? The "real men" my friend are the ones that can keep and impress the same beautiful women for 20,30 50 years.

Totally agree!