CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3424705-the-previous-corvette-models-owners-are-going-to-hate-this-post.html)

red2012 02-23-2014 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u (Post 1586243988)
It does now. I had a slammed C6Z for a number of years, yea it still looks great but the "newness" has worn off. That's what the C7 has now in spades.:cheers:

Justifying your purchase? The C7 does outperform the GS but I will never concede the looks to a C7.

Senecagreen 02-23-2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586245901)
I like aprillas, nerver had one (got a gsxr1000) but my friends would let me ride theirs. wow what torgue.

As far as the wing and harley I got you on that one as far as what fits you. Alot of people don't like not having a forward pegs riding position. I found some hwy pegs that helped me get over that obstacle. Sometime I do miss the sound of the vtwin pipes but then I just turn up the radio on a song I like and I am cool again. :thumbs:

to everybody else again this thread was just a little rib comparing the new to the older ones no reason to get all upset. I didn't get upset when a bunch of ya;ll older model dudes started saying the c7 looks like a camaro.

Well if it helps they did change the tail lights on the 2014 camaro to get away from that comparison ;-)

500 02-23-2014 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586238101)
Hey this is the internet and its the c7 subforum where things about the c7 are discussed. Well here is what happened last night with a very very pretty girl.

I was out with some friends having a few drinks and this 25 year old girl was sitting at our table. The guy to her left was about 55 to 60 I guess. He pulled out his phone and showed her a pic of a 69 Vette thinking it would impress her. She shook her and said I am not into corvettes at all sorry.

I felt bad for the guy but concerned myself after dropping $78k for my yellow stingray. So I whipped out my phone brought up my pic of my stingray and said what about this one? She smiled and said, "oh, I like that one WOW it looks exotic did you drive it here?" I said yes and she asked to see it so we went outside the bar leaving all the other gold rolex wearing guys holding their peckers with a duh look on their faces.

Showed her the car and she loved it especially guages changing with the driving modes. Then I said push the screen button the screen goes down exposing my 32 auto in the hidden compartment and she about freak'd on how cool that was. I thought about asking her about going for a ride then remember i have been married for 29 years and said well ready to go back inside. But it still made me feel good I could have. :woohoo:

So single guys get ready for a great return on investment and sorry for the story to previous model owners but you can pony up for one too its only money :D

This sounds like a Penthouse a Forum letter in the C7 fetish section...lol

Supersonic 427 02-23-2014 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586244394)
Why do you need a corvette to impress yourself?:crazy:

this statement is bogus because it isn't true :smash: with the c7, this goofy post even proves that plus all the other posters with c7s getting the same attention.

Impress myself = this is the car that I enjoy and could care less who I impress with it. Many women think that we buy these cars to impress others and especially women. Was asked a couple of times recently from women as to why I would buy a car like that!

gixxerbill 02-23-2014 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427 (Post 1586247358)
Impress myself = this is the car that I enjoy and could care less who I impress with it. Many women think that we buy these cars to impress others and especially women. Was asked a couple of times recently from women as to why I would buy a car like that!

you should have said to impress you baby you ready for that ride?:D

gixxerbill 02-23-2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 500 (Post 1586247141)
This sounds like a Penthouse a Forum letter in the C7 fetish section...lol

maybe the rated G version. :lol:

carcrazyandbroke 02-23-2014 11:34 PM

I hate this thread. :ack:

bpGx 02-24-2014 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by C6Warrior (Post 1586238392)
I like to impress them with my ()()===/D---- I don't need a Gun or a C7!

:iagree:

Johneecatt 02-24-2014 01:34 AM

She sounds VERY deep!!!

pokerpro 02-24-2014 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586238333)
yes it would have like eddie murphy said HALF to me no chick is worth half. Heck my wife still looks great I don't need strange.

You have to have hamburger once in a while to appreciate steak!

DanTheFireman 02-24-2014 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586240263)
I still don't know what is creepy about it. Are you saying because i am getting older I am suppose to be into gardening or something and just hang up life?

Gixx, don't knock the gardening till you try it. I've helped friends with their nursery business for over 30 years and although it may not fit the manly category like weapons and wheelies, there are plenty of nice women to meet. Heck, an old pickup truck full of plants will do the trick.

** just funnin' with ya but at least a pic, even though they not "make the cut".

gixxerbill 02-24-2014 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman (Post 1586248669)
Gixx, don't knock the gardening till you try it. I've helped friends with their nursery business for over 30 years and although it may not fit the manly category like weapons and wheelies, there are plenty of nice women to meet. Heck, an old pickup truck full of plants will do the trick.

** just funnin' with ya but at least a pic, even though they not "make the cut".

lol i'm sorry dude i didn't mean to pick on gardening. I guess I brought it up because my old man use to make me edge the whole yard with clippers. So I swore when I grew up I would have a yard like they do in Phoenix just cactus and desert. I do see your point on how the greenery could help you pick up women though. :thumbs:

Jimbob26 02-24-2014 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586238101)
Hey this is the internet and its the c7 subforum where things about the c7 are discussed. Well here is what happened last night with a very very pretty girl.

I was out with some friends having a few drinks and this 25 year old girl was sitting at our table. The guy to her left was about 55 to 60 I guess. He pulled out his phone and showed her a pic of a 69 Vette thinking it would impress her. She shook her and said I am not into corvettes at all sorry.

I felt bad for the guy but concerned myself after dropping $78k for my yellow stingray. So I whipped out my phone brought up my pic of my stingray and said what about this one? She smiled and said, "oh, I like that one WOW it looks exotic did you drive it here?" I said yes and she asked to see it so we went outside the bar leaving all the other gold rolex wearing guys holding their peckers with a duh look on their faces.

Showed her the car and she loved it especially guages changing with the driving modes. Then I said push the screen button the screen goes down exposing my 32 auto in the hidden compartment and she about freak'd on how cool that was. I thought about asking her about going for a ride then remember i have been married for 29 years and said well ready to go back inside. But it still made me feel good I could have. :woohoo:

So single guys get ready for a great return on investment and sorry for the story to previous model owners but you can pony up for one too its only money :D

The $78k you paid had to be because of the .32 option package. :rock:

gixxerbill 02-24-2014 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob26 (Post 1586249752)
The $78k you paid had to be because of the .32 option package. :rock:

lol what is the big deal about this price other than it's alot. I wanted a yellow z51 and the only one I could fine without ordering came from dealer inventory which was check out this list

z51
velocity yellow
3lt
mag ride
npp
auto
body color dual roof pkg
yellow capipers
black painted rims
carbon flash mirrors and spoiler
carbon fiber dash
sueded micro fiber seat inserts
sueded micro fiber wrapped upper trim package
battery tender
destination charge

$73805 plus
4700 plus ttl
--------
$78505

Hope this explains why I paid $78000. If I would have ordered the car, I would have skipped sueded micro fiber wrapped interior, the 3lt(it's black interior 2lt would have been fine), and possibly the auto. But now that I have all the options I do enjoy them all now.

450hp mike9 02-24-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by drmustang (Post 1586241806)
OMG, some of these guys seriously need to get a life. They actually believe that everyone is out to "impress" by flaunting material objects like Corvettes, Rolex Watches(YUK), etc. That is off the scale loser. I really feel sorry for some of these poor fellows. Do they have any idea how often these 25 year old babes laugh out loud about middle age guys in Corvettes with gold chains and the "look at me" gold watches. Seriously, if you don't understand this you are making a complete fool of yourself and you are clueless!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Corgidog1 02-24-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586249892)
lol what is the big deal about this price other than it's alot. I wanted a yellow z51 and the only one I could fine without ordering came from dealer inventory which was check out this list

z51
velocity yellow
3lt
mag ride
npp
auto
body color dual roof pkg
yellow capipers
black painted rims
carbon fiber dash
battery tender
destination charge

$73805 plus
4700 plus ttl
--------
$78505

Hope this explains why I paid $78000. If I would have ordered the car, I would have skipped sueded micro fiber wrapped interior, the 3lt(it's black interior 2lt would have been fine), and possibly the auto. But now that I have all the options I do enjoy them all now.

Probably an obvious answer, but what is the 4700 for?

450hp mike9 02-24-2014 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586249892)

z51
velocity yellow
3lt
mag ride
npp
auto
body color dual roof pkg
yellow capipers
black painted rims
carbon fiber dash
battery tender
destination charge

$73805 plus
4700 plus ttl
--------
$78505

LOOK @ me yellow explains everything , say no more.

gixxerbill 02-24-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Corgidog1 (Post 1586250057)
Probably an obvious answer, but what is the 4700 for?

that's the ttl

gixxerbill 02-24-2014 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9 (Post 1586250111)
LOOK @ me yellow explains everything , say no more.

should I have picked a "don't look at me any other color"?

I mean seriously the yellow is the best. When I picked up my car a mcmalkin there was every other color there and not one of them looked as good as the yellow one. So there. :rock: