CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3424705-the-previous-corvette-models-owners-are-going-to-hate-this-post.html)

TBIRD57 02-22-2014 11:45 PM

Money

figured the guy with the new vette had more money...if a guy had a new ferrari she would have left with him

gixxerbill 02-22-2014 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by bdanyluk (Post 1586239881)
I cant get over the facts....
Going to a bar and getting tipsy....showing a stranger your $78k car....and then showing them a loaded gun.

Am I the only one that sees this as a bad situation?

I live in Atlanta, GA. If somebody did that here, they would be dead...guaranteed.

first its a bar/restaurant I don't like clubs either. second she was a stranger to me not to my friends, third do you think she was going to take the gun hold it on me then steal my car? you live in a ****** city and should move.

gixxerbill 02-22-2014 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 (Post 1586239926)
figured the guy with the new vette had more money...if a guy had a new ferrari she would have left with him

so cars do matter. I had a Plymouth Prowler and I had more chicks hitting on me in that 46k car than i have ever had with any of the sport cats I have owned. Why i don't know but chicks loved that car.

ronvenna 02-22-2014 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586239898)
no sheesh dude I hope I stay inmature forever too being mature is boring and sucks. "I bought my car for me" oh give me a break where is the throw up smiley?

oh btw ya'll that are making fun of my 32 auto think you would laugh if you got shot buy it? Big bore are over rated I am not taking down an elephant I am taking down a human. .I might put a 9 in there but its really not that big of space and put my sunglasses in there too.

Well this is concerning.... lol

Jp23rockstar 02-22-2014 11:57 PM

This sounds like a made up story. I didn't know girls even cared about cars at all.

gixxerbill 02-22-2014 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar (Post 1586239980)
This sounds like a made up story. I didn't know girls even cared about cars at all.

are you on the same planet as we are?

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jefe's GS (Post 1586239924)
If you need a car or a wallet to impress a woman then she's likely not a woman worth impressing.

IMO - If you need a car or a wallet to impress a woman/strangers or yourself, you're already probably in trouble. Just sayin'.......

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar (Post 1586239980)

Whether it is or isn't, I might be embarrassed to even tell it. The OP seems to be doing some serious damage control to justify & argue on behalf of the tale - which seems to give an additional 'creepy' indicator to it.......

Jp23rockstar 02-23-2014 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586240092)
Whether it is or isn't, I might be embarrassed to even tell it. The OP seems to be doing some serious damage control to justify & argue on behalf of the tale - which seems to give an additional 'creepy' indicator to it.......

50 year old men picking up women half their age is just wrong.

Jp23rockstar 02-23-2014 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586239993)
are you on the same planet as we are?

Yeah girls like fancy clothes and shoes and jewelry, not some dude magnet (stingray).

gixxerbill 02-23-2014 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586240092)
I.

what is embarrassing about it? and more further than that what is creep about it? I don't need a car to pick up women I am married. I got the car to haul ass having chicks like it is a nice by product though. and what damage control have I done. You must drive an older vette and just pissed.

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar (Post 1586240103)
50 year old men picking up women half their age is just wrong.

If they were to get the Father of the girl's approval, or have the Father chaperone, I don't think it would be all that lecherous of behavior. :lolg:

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586240118)
what is embarrassing about it? and more further than that what is creep about it? I don't need a car to pick up women I am married. I got the car to haul ass having chicks like it is a nice by product though. and what damage control have I done. You must drive an older vette and just pissed.

When I was 25 years old with my brand spanking new C3 Corvette, (as I had one) drinking in a bar showing a 25 year old girl pics. of my Corvette - I'd think the story would be cool.

The 55-60 year old showing a 25 year old pics of a car in a bar? You lost me! That's freakin' creepy! :lol::lol::lol:

Mecholova 02-23-2014 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586240138)

When I was 25 years old with my brand spanking new C3 Corvette, (as I had one) drinking in a bar showing a 25 year old girl pics. of my Corvette - I'd think the story would be cool.

The 55-60 year old showing a 25 year old pics of a car in a bar? You lost me! That's freakin' creepy! :lol::lol::lol:

And just think, in 2 more years the prices on a C4 will be low enough for you to pick one up! (Insert gratuitous emoticons here)

Second Vette 02-23-2014 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586239665)
A "25 year old" working/taking your order @ the In and Out? Loser alert............:yesnod::lol:

I'm not getting your point.

In and Out is a very well run and reputable Privately owned Company. They have high expectations and standards for Employees and are known to promote from within.

Store Managers who worked their way up from being a lowly Fry Cook can make over $100,000 a Year.

Maybe that 25 Year Old Brunette knows something you don't know.

I worked my way up from an 18 Year Old Mail Clerk while attending College to a Regional Vice President running Logistics Operations for a Fortune 500 Corporation. My responsibilities encompassed four Western States with a $22 Million Dollar Annualized Budget when I took early Retirement at age 50.

I guess when I was 25 you would have considered me a loser too.

If I misconstrued your comment, please feel free to correct me.

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Second Vette (Post 1586240185)
If I misconstrued your comment,......

You did.

Mecholova 02-23-2014 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586239665)

A "25 year old" working/taking your order @ the In and Out? Loser alert............:yesnod::lol:

Aren't you the one who complained about 50% of the US being lazy and poor?

At least she's doing something more constructive than "rolling up to dealers" asking for test drives on a car you've already deemed unworthy

Skid Row Joe 02-23-2014 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mecholova (Post 1586240205)
Aren't you the one who complained about 50% of the US being lazy and poor?

At least she's doing something more constructive than "rolling up to dealers" asking for test drives on a car you've already deemed unworthy

You sound very confused. :yesnod:

Second Vette 02-23-2014 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586240203)
You did.

How so? I took it that you were calling the Girl who was working at In and Out a loser simply because she was 25 Years Old working at a lowly Burger joint.

I for one do not look down on anyone working a Job, any Job. As my Father told me when I was a whiny teenager, whatever Job you are lucky enough to be hired to do, do it well. You owe that to your Employer.

I'm sure that 25 Year Old does her Job well, or she wouldn't be kept on.

Please explain what I missed. If it was just a quick off the top of your head retort, that's fine. I'm just curious where that came from.

Sorry, I can't find the "beating a dead horse" icon.

RUBYREDVET 02-23-2014 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1586238942)
I don't hate this post...my 7 year old Z06 will stomp your new C7 :D

enjoy :cheers:

:iagree: Mine is only 6 years old and it still seems to attract plenty of attention. :D :cheers:

gixxerbill 02-23-2014 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1586240138)

I still don't know what is creepy about it. Are you saying because i am getting older I am suppose to be into gardening or something and just hang up life? Just because years have gone by on me doesn't make me a different person. Heck I still pop freeway wheelies on a sport bike. One more thing this 25 year old chick said she liked older guys because 25 year ones were too immature for her. So take that for whatever its worth.