CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Blow dry your C7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3415503-blow-dry-your-c7.html)

Strake 08-25-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck Mahnke (Post 1587675552)
Running at full power (both motors on) the MB draws 18 Amps and therefore will trip 15 Amp circuit breakers. It requires at least a 20 Amp circuit. Many new homes will have at least one 20 Amp outlet in the garage but in my case with an older home, I added a 20 Amp breaker to my electrical panel and ran 12 gauge cable to a new outlet in the garage. A very simple project for anyone with basic knowledge of electrical wiring. It took me less than an hour and minimal materials expense. Now I also have additional capacity for power tools in the garage.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: I had a 20 amp outlet put in our garage when we had the house built. I also use it for my air compressor.

I bought a 50 ft ( 20 amp) extension cord to plug into the wall and then out to the drive way for the Master Blaster. The cord is about a half inch diameter ( 10 ga I think) and weighs a ton..

Haven't tripped the breaker ever.

Daekwan06 08-25-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1586096864)
I dry mine ONLY with a chamois made from the belly hide of unicorns. :thumbs:

:rofl:

nmerhaut 08-25-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nicky43 (Post 1586328386)
Excellent Idea. Where did you get the Hose extensions? I bought a new Master Blaster when I got my new Black C7 but find it too slow to use. It seems to just push the water around the car from one spot to another. It is great for getting water out of all the little nooks and cracks but it takes way too long to dry the car with it. I have switched to super high quality micro fiber towels for drying and can dry the whole car in three minutes. I can't do it in less than 30 minutes with the master blaster and it's still not completely dry when I use that extremely loud Master Blaster.

What might I be doing wrong? What tip do you use?

I agree. I used to use my electric Toro but now I use a car wash with a spotless feature and some huge, really plush MF towels and 3-5 minutes seems to do it.

gregd 08-25-2014 01:43 PM

Mine is a DD, so I try and convince myself not to be too anal retentive about it. I've found that 90 - 100 mph down the road after washing gives a pretty good blow drying. :woohoo: A microfiber towel does the rest.

396tears 08-25-2014 02:01 PM

I use Air Shammy to dry mine.

Here is a link.

http://airchamois.airshammy.com/

AustinVettes 08-25-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1587675594)
:iagree::iagree::iagree: I had a 20 amp outlet put in our garage when we had the house built. I also use it for my air compressor.

I bought a 50 ft ( 20 amp) extension cord to plug into the wall and then out to the drive way for the Master Blaster. The cord is about a half inch diameter ( 10 ga I think) and weighs a ton..

Haven't tripped the breaker ever.

I've never tripped the breaker using a stupidly thick extension cord. I did read in other forums that you can minimize the load if you turn the motors on in sequence. Fire up the first motor, let it stabilize for a few moments, and then turn on the second one.

Beachhz 08-25-2014 02:36 PM

I had a master blaster but it was just too much effort to lug around and it kept shutting off because the power in my garage isn't strong enough, so now I just use a Cobra Supreme Guzzler to go over my car in 2 minutes, then I blow the cracks and crevices with the Air Force Blaster Sidekick which is much more convenient then I do a final pass over the car with Meguiars Synthetic Spray Wax.

dvilin 08-25-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1586096864)
I dry mine ONLY with a chamois made from the belly hide of unicorns. :thumbs:

I spray detailing spray on the drying car and dry it using a micro fiber and the mix of water and detain spray. Works well.

:iagree:

RedC7AZ 08-25-2014 03:27 PM

Been using an electric leaf blower to dry my cars for about the past 12 years.