CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Don't even want to drive it (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3411558-dont-even-want-to-drive-it.html)

bladex10 02-23-2014 08:32 AM

This is why you dont let people drive your car, Especially a car that looks that good.

And yes, I value my cars over women.. I dumped my last GF because she carelessly ran into my car, I got mad and she pulled out the "its just a car" line on me. I said "Cya, Me and my just a car are out of here". Any women that disrespects my hobbies and passions, Im not going to keep them around long. Same reason why i probably will never get married. Everything i own is MINE!

garye 02-23-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1586035001)
That sucks...people suck...

All of us???

MCharlie 02-24-2014 05:43 AM

I **NEVER** let my wife drive the Corvette. Cars mean nothing to her...they are solely a means of getting from here to there. She parks 3" away form other cars, hits curbs...she simply doesn't care. She has a new 2012 Outback is totally trashed on the outside...dings and dents everywhere. She is literally, 'hell on wheels'! I love her dearly, and have for 40 years, but..she won't (read "can't!") drive the Corvette or the show car. (1965 Falcon Sprint, Pro-Street.)

MC

Joe B. 02-24-2014 08:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up MC, 2012 Outback, Reno.

jedblanks 02-24-2014 09:40 AM

The best solution I have found is to park in a manner that makes it impossible for someone to legally park next to you.

Of course this draws attention from intentional vandals.

Therefore, someone must be with the car at all times.

If you damage my car, then you are responsible for the damage.
The only way I can enforce that responsibility is if I have a witness.

If someone accidentally opens their door into, drags their purse along, leans on, or otherwise inadvertently causes damage, then the solution is to CALMLY ask for the responsible party's liability insurance information.

If it is intentional, then that is a different ballgame.

purvistechie 02-24-2014 03:28 PM

If my wife were to take the Vette, which generally speaking she doesn't, I know that she would do everything in her power to park it as safely as possible (ie: back 40 curb side but NOT sideways). If something were to happen, she would be as crushed as I would. It happens, even when trying hard to prevent, but knowing that there was an attempt to protect means everything to me.
Did she park with the lemmings or make an attempt to park out of harms way?

BTW, I do this with all my vehicles (to a degree), DD or not. A little effort goes a long way to keeping a nice car, nice.

Chevy-SS 02-24-2014 04:50 PM

"expensive paint" and "letting wife drive it to store" just do NOT go together in my book. No friggin' way.

Good luck on the repair!

*Trip* 02-25-2014 12:48 AM

that is a shame.....but I'm assuming whoever laid that beautiful paint job on it will make it look like new again....

2 days ago my wife backed her new $40k van into my "work" suv 2011 Sorento in our driveway.....thank god it wasn't my FUN ride....Ill let her live.....

Bill Dearborn 02-25-2014 01:14 AM

I don't see the ding being the wife's fault. If the stock paint gets hit with a door or other item you get a small chip in the paint that isn't all that visible unless you are close to the car. When I see a large chip in a paint job I suspect the quality of the paint job. The surface prep wasn't very good or the paint was put on too thick if you get a quarter size hole in the paint from a door ding.

Bill