CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Finally got rid of the C7's hideous grille!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3408630-finally-got-rid-of-the-c7s-hideous-grille.html)

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 04:25 PM

Finally got rid of the C7's grille!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Disclaimer...I do apologize for the title. Tried to change it after the fact and it would only change on my individual post. As I noted below, the only two complaints I've heard from people about the C7 were the taillights and the grille. Never heard a single compliment about the factory grille. So that's what lead to my title. After reading many of the posts, it's clear that a lot of people do actually like the factory grille. Title was just my way of being funny based on the complaints I've heard. I was clearly unsuccessful!! It certainly wasn't meant to offend anyone. As noted, we all have our own preference and that's the beauty of being human, we have the ability to think and like different things. So I apologize to anyone that was offended by the "hideous" part of the title. One thing I've learned in seeing all of the photos on this site, the C7 is an amazing vehicle in any color or configuration. Congrats to all that own one, you are one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy such an amazing machine!

Got some better shots of it with less glare and more representative of the actual color for those interested.

Also, more new photos on page 7 of this thread.

Glen e 01-22-2014 04:26 PM

admire doing the mod but no thanks for me....

jkcam6017 01-22-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585987163)
Much better!!

For you.

khoeysr 01-22-2014 04:29 PM

Perhaps the title of this thread should have been "Check out my grille".

Although I can't speak for everyone, I am sure that many others besides me do not consider that the C7s grille is hideous.

Good for you. I will retain "hideous".

FrancisDGarcia 01-22-2014 04:30 PM

Sorry, but, I like the factory one better.

KenHorse 01-22-2014 04:32 PM

The less attention drawn to the front grille the better :cheers:

fasttoys 01-22-2014 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like mine better no Chrome but then again different strokes for different folks...

HDBADDOG55 01-22-2014 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585987177)

:iagree:

Turbooo2u 01-22-2014 04:44 PM

I do like the attached splitter. Where did you get it?:cheers:

Monaco335 01-22-2014 04:47 PM

imho really cheapens the look of the front... but to each their own. Might be better if you painted it gloss black.

Tom/99 01-22-2014 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by FrancisDGarcia (Post 1585987207)
Sorry, but, I like the factory one better.

arcticblast 01-22-2014 04:49 PM

I think it looks pretty good. :thumbs:
If you like it, that's what really counts.

C8Jake 01-22-2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by spiike32 (Post 1585987357)
cheapens the look of the front

KenHorse 01-22-2014 04:53 PM

Something tells me this thread didn't go as the OP had hoped :D

PANHANDLE96CE 01-22-2014 04:59 PM

I like it

JockItch 01-22-2014 05:01 PM

Maybe if it was painted black it would look better. As is, looks like a cheap mod that was popular 10 years ago.

Woodson 01-22-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by khoeysr (Post 1585987204)
Perhaps the title of this thread should have been "Check out my grille".

Although I can't speak for everyone, I am sure that many others besides me do not consider that the C7s grille is hideous.

Good for you. I will retain "hideous".

You can speak for me :thumbs:

BigJoe 01-22-2014 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by JockItch (Post 1585987490)
Maybe if it was painted black it would look better. As is, looks like a cheap mod that was popular 10 years ago.

:iagree: But then folks would say it has the "bottom feeder" look. Which I happen to like...

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 05:24 PM

It is painted black. Just the sun shining on it and it's too high of a resolution photo that had to be condensed down on this site. The full size image doesn't have the shiny edges.

And one of the biggest complaints I've heard about the C7, besides the taillights, is the grille. I personally thought the original grille looked like it belonged on a sedan rather than an edgy sports car. But, that's just my opinion. I love the look of it and had nothing but compliments of those who've seen it in person.

I've learned over the past two months, this forum contains a very tough crowd.

JockItch 01-22-2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585987660)
It is painted black. Just the sun shining on it.

It's a clean look, it's just that the chicken wire mesh look is very outdated IMO. As long as you like it, who cares what we think. :cheers:

Wormwood 01-22-2014 05:37 PM

I'm would have to ask how stong is that mesh? Was it intended for this application or is this custom fabrication? I would this design would be more functional for cooling. No matter what the front end of your C7 looks like, I'll always admire that driveway, it's not stamped concrete but real blocks?

senah 01-22-2014 05:39 PM

It is painted black. Just the sun shining on it and it's too high of a resolution photo that had to be condensed down on this site. The full size image doesn't have the shiny edges.

And one of the biggest complaints I've heard about the C7, besides the taillights, is the grille. I personally thought the original grille looked like it belonged on a sedan rather than an edgy sports car. But, that's just my opinion. I love the look of it and had nothing but compliments of those who've seen it in person.

in addition, things often look very different in the physical than they do in a photo, and as you pointed out, in the bright light.

if you get a chance, i's like to see a photo in the shade or on a cloudy day.

until later, from the days when I could understand what some singers sang, no one ever said it better than this guy

c6miller 01-22-2014 05:41 PM

Hope you still have the original one, just in case you change your mind.

CSEVEN 01-22-2014 05:44 PM

where is the new grill? It appear the ugly one is still on your car. :cheers:

Steve Garrett 01-22-2014 05:44 PM

Interesting.....just noticed the front splitter too.

Kudo's for the creative!

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wormwood (Post 1585987775)
I'm would have to ask how stong is that mesh? Was it intended for this application or is this custom fabrication? I would this design would be more functional for cooling. No matter what the front end of your C7 looks like, I'll always admire that driveway, it's not stamped concrete but real blocks?

To the other person who indicated it looked like Chicken mesh, it was actually completed by RaceMesh. I asked them to design a one piece grille without all of the crossbars and they did beautiful job. It's the same mesh as used in all the other Racemesh grilles. Be it for the front or all of the smaller vents on the car.

It is built within the factory grille's frame and therefore clips right in as a factory grille does. Frame is in the same carbon metallic finish as a stock grille with the mesh done in black rather than the more common stainless steel mesh.

And yes, my driveway is real interlocking pavers!! LOL

Vetteman Jack 01-22-2014 05:47 PM

Not the look I would go for, but if you like it, that's what counts.

#1c6 01-22-2014 05:49 PM

not bad, but im hoping to get the grille thats in the z06!

fsvoboda 01-22-2014 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585987846)
To the other person who indicated it looked like Chicken mesh, it was actually completed by RaceMesh. I asked them to design a one piece grille without all of the crossbars and they did beautiful job. It's the same mesh as used in all the other Racemesh grilles. Be it for the front or all of the smaller vents on the car.

It is built within the factory grille's frame and therefore clips right in as a factory grille does. Frame is in the same carbon metallic finish as a stock grille with the mesh done in black rather than the more common stainless steel mesh.

And yes, my driveway is real interlocking pavers!! LOL

Hey, if you're enjoying the grille, it's fine with me. If you're looking at it in the context of the whole car it is a pretty subtle change.

Off topic: I also considered the interlocking pavers for driveway, but in my area the cost was about three times concrete, and I'd likely have snowplowing problems, also. They do look great. I went with them for walkway and patio.

DocHolliday 01-22-2014 05:58 PM

:agree: I don't care for that one bit.

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a darker image shot in resolution to match what this site allows and without the sun on it. Not trying to sell anyone, but someone asked for a darker image, so here it is. It shows the natural color of the grille than the other photos out in the sun.

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by fsvoboda (Post 1585987928)
Hey, if you're enjoying the grille, it's fine with me. If you're looking at it in the context of the whole car it is a pretty subtle change.

Off topic: I also considered the interlocking pavers for driveway, but in my area the cost was about three times concrete, and I'd likely have snowplowing problems, also. They do look great. I went with them for walkway and patio.

I can see where it would be an issue with snow plowing. But am surprised at the price you got. Everyone I checked with, it was basically the same price as concrete. If you do decide to look into them, I would recommend shopping around. They certainly shouldn't be three times the price of concrete.

Glen e 01-22-2014 06:08 PM

I would like racemesh to design me a new grille as I'm not sold on the stock one either. But for me a mod cant stray too far from the OEM look becasue radical mods like all the grills I've seen so far look ADDED ON. They signal to people YOU DID A MOD" and many see it as "pep boys stuff" on a car. Not for me.

But I would like to see racemesh design me a matte black mesh background that disappears, had a horizontal black chrome or body color retainer strip like now, and no vertical crossbars. I think it would clean things up substantially, be aware to everyone here it was a mod, but pass as an OEM part to the rest of the public.

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585988050)
I would like racemesh to design me a new grille as I'm not sold on the stock one either. But for me a mod cant stray too far from the OEM look becasue radical mods like all the grills I've seen so far look ADDED ON. They signal to people YOU DID A MOD" and many see it as "pep boys stuff" on a car. Not for me.

But I would like to see racemesh design me a matte black mesh background that disappears, had a horizontal black chrome or body color retainer strip like now, and no vertical crossbars. I think it would clean things up substantially, be aware to everyone here it was a mod, but pass as an OEM part to the rest of the public.

We're all human and as American's we have the right to think and choose. That's why Chevy has many different colors, wheel combinations, option packages, etc., etc. Everyone likes something different. I personally liked the look of no cross bars. Got the idea from some the cars at Sema that had new grilles. I see last week, Chevy removed all the crossbars from the Z06's grille as well and added a couple of air vents. I had previously heard nothing but complaints about the factory grille. Obviously this thread has proven that there are in fact a lot of people that like it too!

Anyway, Racemesh is great to work with. Just give them a call and if it's within reason, they'll build you what you want I'm sure. As I stated earlier, this one was built from a factory grille and retains the stock frame and clips right in. They removed all of the crossbars at my request. I'm sure they could just remove just the vertical bars too. They did a very clean job on it and it came out exactly as I requested.

I know from their website though, they'll paint them in different colors to match the car or whatever other colors you may prefer.

red-ray 01-22-2014 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1585987240)
I like mine better no Chrome but then again different strokes for different folks...

Hello! I like this look the best. How did you do this? Was it a kit?
Thanks?

Eagle Ray 7 01-22-2014 06:25 PM

If you like it! Who cares what other's think. :thumbs:

hotrod2147 01-22-2014 06:26 PM

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 06:30 PM

And one final note, in addition to getting the idea for a one piece grille from the cars I saw at Sema, I chose the racemesh design because it is pretty similar to the mesh used by Cadillac on all of the V-series cars.

Anyway, that's it. As many have said, I'm the only that has to like it and I do. It came out exactly as I had hoped it would. Just thought I'd share it. Didn't realize how many people would be so opinionated and bash the look of it. But as I said before, we all have the right to like what we like. If we all liked the same things, this would be a pretty boring world.

Have a great evening everyone!

BMadden 01-22-2014 06:44 PM

No offense to the OP, but I think those mesh grilles look awful.

fasttoys 01-22-2014 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by red-ray (Post 1585988162)
Hello! I like this look the best. How did you do this? Was it a kit?
Thanks?

Any high end Clear Bra place can do it. Its called Carbon Fiber film. He installed it for free while installing my clear bra, it took him 15 minutes. I had ordered a real carbon replacement but decided heck this looks great and saved some money. The film has texture to it and it can be removed at any time.

hotrod2147 01-22-2014 06:50 PM

The darker image looks much better :thumbs:

Z0Sick6 01-22-2014 06:50 PM

would like to see that in black on a brighter colored car....

Pete@Showstopper 01-22-2014 06:52 PM

I love it. We are working on the same exact design for our shop car.

Woodson 01-22-2014 06:54 PM

Tough crowd? You're the one that called everyone's grille hideous. :smash:

astrotx 01-22-2014 07:10 PM

I'm glad you found something that works for you.

STEVE MC 01-22-2014 07:16 PM

I like the look, it looks very aggresive.

OEM looks good too.

Just Personal preference :cheers:

millpond 01-22-2014 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585988230)
And one final note, in addition to getting the idea for a one piece grille from the cars I saw at Sema, I chose the racemesh design because it is pretty similar to the mesh used by Cadillac on all of the V-series cars.

Anyway, that's it. As many have said, I'm the only that has to like it and I do. It came out exactly as I had hoped it would. Just thought I'd share it. Didn't realize how many people would be so opinionated and bash the look of it. But as I said before, we all have the right to like what we like. If we all liked the same things, this would be a pretty boring world.

Have a great evening everyone!

It's a much cleaner look than the stock grill...nice job!

Stingray Sam 01-22-2014 07:22 PM

Keeping my 'hideous' grille. I hope you didn't have to pay very much for that.

hiperfman 01-22-2014 07:23 PM

Nah not for me but if you like it that's all that matters. :D

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 1585988441)
Tough crowd? You're the one that called everyone's grille hideous. :smash:

I know, my bad. Read my disclaimer added to the first post. I apologize to any one I offended. More details in the original edited post.

But yes, even without that, as I've seen in other posts, this can be a tough crowd!! LOL:smash:

bdharris68 01-22-2014 07:33 PM

I think it looks bad azz. RaceMesh does great work and great people. They did all my grills and did great work I just wish I would have thought of the grill posted. I know I'm going to get best up on this but whatever. it seems whatever you post it seems most of the same people no matter what has nothing but negative comments. If you don't have anything good to say about someone's ride keep it to yourself or don't be so harsh. You can give feedback without being a jackass.

Gone.

steve8 01-22-2014 07:38 PM

Sorry, not a fan.

themonk 01-22-2014 07:43 PM

nope, too much opening, the factory grill breaks it up and doesn't make it look like the Grand Canyon.

~Stingray 01-22-2014 07:44 PM

I don't dislike the stock grille, but I think it could have been improved upon. I like the idea of the OP's mod, but I am a fan of straight metal mesh. Has anyone tried it without any grille and left it as an opening?

Rossi6998 01-22-2014 07:58 PM

Sorry... Not impressed!

Carnut12 01-22-2014 08:53 PM

I agree the factory front grill is Ugly, I think yours looks better, anything that gets rid of that chrome strip IMO looks better. I am not sure I would do it, but I would get rid of that Chrome ASAP.

I do like what fasttoys did to his even better.

Carnut12 01-22-2014 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585988660)
I know, my bad. Read my disclaimer added to the first post. I apologize to any one I offended. More details in the original edited post.

But yes, even without that, as I've seen in other posts, this can be a tough crowd!! LOL:smash:

Yup some here take a lot personal.:cheers:

bevo_87 01-22-2014 08:59 PM

i personally like the look of the base C7 inside and out. Really would not change a thing. The car is just badass. But, i do appreciate everybody's mod's and think it is cool that there are different looks out there. Some i would like and others not so much. But, still think they are cool because they are different. The way i see it though, the base C7 is so cool why even mess with it. My mod was purchasing it... lol

FOOTR 1 01-22-2014 09:00 PM

Its amazing all the design pHd's that have to change everything Chevy does with the Corvette we all love. It's your car so do as you like.

Glen e 01-22-2014 09:01 PM

The simple fact is if you put a mod up on the internet with pics, be prepared to take the good with the bad...that's just how forums work...get over it....I have about 40 mods all total on this site, many don't like them...I sleep fine....

shaan 01-22-2014 09:03 PM

I like mine better :D

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/sharyar/31.jpg

gixxerbill 01-22-2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1585988359)
Any high end Clear Bra place can do it. Its called Carbon Fiber film. He installed it for free while installing my clear bra, it took him 15 minutes. I had ordered a real carbon replacement but decided heck this looks great and saved some money. The film has texture to it and it can be removed at any time.

I like it dude it looks good. :thumbs:

JockItch 01-22-2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod2147 (Post 1585988398)
The darker image looks much better :thumbs:

Glen e 01-22-2014 09:24 PM

I like mine better - basecoat CG bodycolor plus clearcoat -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...EC7F6B01F3.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...0FCD4A80_1.jpg

Crossed Flags Fan 01-22-2014 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by JockItch (Post 1585987696)
It's a clean look, it's just that the chicken wire mesh look is very outdated IMO. As long as you like it, who cares what we think. :cheers:

48supertruck 01-22-2014 10:38 PM

I like it. It is cool Racemesh built you a one off grill.

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 48supertruck (Post 1585990380)
I like it. It is cool Racemesh built you a one off grill.

This was the first one they did, but I think they did it with the intention to get one out there and sell them. So, pretty sure they are going to offer the once piece as an option on their website, in addition to the 12 chamber factory grille layout they currently have.

By the way, does the 48 SuperTruck refer to Ryan?

LuvnMyC7 01-22-2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585989609)
The simple fact is if you put a mod up on the internet with pics, be prepared to take the good with the bad...that's just how forums work...get over it....I have about 40 mods all total on this site, many don't like them...I sleep fine....

I get that completely. Was just a little surprised at how much of it there was. Certainly figured there would be those that didn't like it, just didn't expect them to be so vocal!! LOL. I guess I opened the can of worms with my UNINTENTIONAL insult to the factory grille. I tried to correct it and rename the title, but it wouldn't let me. Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by any means. Plus, I just checked my inbox and was quite shocked with how many private messages I had asking for information about where to get it. Certainly more of those than negative feedback in this thread. So there are definitely plenty who like it as well. As was already said, in this particular case, I'm the ONLY one who has to like it!! :yesnod:

And I agree with the rest of what you said. We do with our cars as we choose based on our own personal tastes. This grille would not look good on all C7's. But with the other mods that I've done, I think it fits MY car perfectly and ties in with everything I've done. It's now complete and I can finally give it its first full detail!

peter pan 01-22-2014 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by PANHANDLE96CE (Post 1585987476)
I like it

:iagree::rock:

2010 GS 01-22-2014 11:08 PM

looks great! :thumbs::thumbs:

Woodson 01-22-2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by shaan (Post 1585989622)

OT: I keep bouncing between white and red. Damn that looks good. :rock:

Torch Red C7 01-22-2014 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1585988359)

Clear Bra like this? I Googled it!

http://www.herroom.com/braza-7800-re...%5E14481938349

bpGx 01-22-2014 11:16 PM

Hey your corvette looks like my old Honda civic from back in the day

raspyc6 01-22-2014 11:20 PM

I think it looks just fine as it is simple, light and functional.

c7luvr 01-23-2014 12:52 AM

Wow, that chicken wire looks quite cheap.

Raiderh20boy 01-23-2014 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585990595)
I get that completely. Was just a little surprised at how much of it there was. Certainly figured there would be those that didn't like it, just didn't expect them to be so vocal!! LOL. I guess I opened the can of worms with my UNINTENTIONAL insult to the factory grille. I tried to correct it and rename the title, but it wouldn't let me. Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by any means. Plus, I just checked my inbox and was quite shocked with how many private messages I had asking for information about where to get it. Certainly more of those than negative feedback in this thread. So there are definitely plenty who like it as well. As was already said, in this particular case, I'm the ONLY one who has to like it!! :yesnod:

And I agree with the rest of what you said. We do with our cars as we choose based on our own personal tastes. This grille would not look good on all C7's. But with the other mods that I've done, I think it fits MY car perfectly and ties in with everything I've done. It's now complete and I can finally give it its first full detail!

I'm in the same situation . Way more people that actually see mine like it but in reality, the only thing that matters is I really like MY CAR THE WAY I've changed it!!!!!
:thumbs::thumbs:to you on YOUR CAR.
Any thought on the mesh in the vents?

thedofuss 01-23-2014 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by #1c6 (Post 1585987890)
not bad, but im hoping to get the grille thats in the z06!

agree. any personal knowledge if it fits in the C7 space, and if they would be willing to sell it to you, or if we have to go to a/m? if you dont mind, please pm me. thanks.

george vee 01-23-2014 01:51 AM

Can we get a full front shot?

like this

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscd0b0cb0.jpg

LuvnMyC7 01-23-2014 02:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by george vee (Post 1585991296)
Can we get a full front shot?

like this

Here you go.

fasttoys 01-23-2014 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585991332)
Here you go.

That looks better I like it

fasttoys 01-23-2014 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7 (Post 1585990675)

NO :rofl: I wish that was the installer. This stuff..

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...0fiber%20vinyl

LuvnMyC7 01-23-2014 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by fasttoys (Post 1585991363)
That looks better I like it

Thanks, I also replaced the two original photos in this thread with new ones that are more reflective of what my eyeballs see in person.

lonoto 01-23-2014 03:23 AM

A "hater" ...

Watch out... a "hater" - run for your life :leaving: :rofl:

Well... they fixed it on the z06 :thumbs:

Now we just need to get the Corvette tail lights back on :hide:

Have a great day.

jr3 01-23-2014 04:14 AM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...e-img_2314.jpg

That looks good. :thumbs:

The chrome mouth brace just looks out of place on the car.. The black or carbon looks a lot better.

LuvnMyC7 01-23-2014 04:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1585991470)

The chrome mouth brace just looks out of place on the car.. The black or carbon looks a lot better.

I had my chrome bar blacked out with PlastiDip as well. It did look MUCH better, in my opinion, than the stock grille with the chrome strip. I was much happier with it blacked out, but after seeing the Sema cars, I fell in love with the look of a one piece grille and decided to make the change. Felt it was a cleaner look without all the cross bars and more consistent with my own personal car. i LOVE the look of the C7, but have always felt that the rear of the C7 is very edgy and aggressive in appearance and flows well into the side lines of the car, but front nose is much more subtle with rounder edges and lacks a little bit of the aggressiveness the rest of the car has. So this was my personal way of adding a little more aggression to the front of the car to tie in with the other mods I've made.

Before and after photos below. A little bit different shots though.

Bigredwing 01-23-2014 06:23 AM

Nice job OP. I am enjoying the creativity of all new C7 owners who are taking the time and have the imagination to make their cars unique. Your mod is one I would consider if I decide to buy a Stingray.

rstrait 01-23-2014 07:35 AM

I like it, I think it cleans up the look of the front end. How is the metal finished? Anodized, painted, or something else?My concern would be how well it will hold up to bugs, scrubbing off of said bugs, and car washes.

fsvoboda 01-23-2014 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1585991470)

The chrome strip and other bars in the stock C7 grille seem to me to be "heritage" items harking back to the original Corvette's grille. They don't look bad, but they don't really fit the "new direction" vibe of most of the rest of the car. I suspect that's why some people are blacking out the chrome or going to the mesh grille.

By the way, the new pics here are making the mesh look really good on the dark-colored car, much better than the pics first posted, where the grille looked too shiny to be effective.

ddelallata 01-23-2014 08:16 AM

Looks good to me

killascrimp 01-23-2014 08:31 AM

I love it.... I tried plasti diping my strip last night , I used plastidip smoke on the emblem's that came out great, but when I removed the tape around the grille strip it came off, I am still waiting on a black out strip from a vendor that I ordered 2 weeks ago so when that finally arrives the strip will be black. I like your grille a lot, looks sick:rock:

sjohnson2615 01-23-2014 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by bpGx (Post 1585990703)
Hey your corvette looks like my old Honda civic from back in the day

Back in what day did a Honda Civic look like a C7??
It probably had one of those C7 looking fart can mufflers too.

bagwell 01-23-2014 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by steve8 (Post 1585988787)
Sorry, not a fan.

+1, screams cheap aftermarket IMO, but to each their own.

I like mine better with no Chrome but then again different strokes for different folks...

+1, OEM but without the chrome :thumbs:

C8Jake 01-23-2014 09:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Front plate really compliments the stock grille:lol:

punky 01-23-2014 10:29 AM

Thanks looks really nice. Good choice!

Greg00Coupe 01-23-2014 10:38 AM

I like it.......... Good for you!!! We each customize........ no I don't do that anymore!!!!..... to our tastes and it should not matter what anyone else thinks.!!!

Bet some vendor will dupe that!!!

LuvnMyC7 01-23-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by rstrait (Post 1585991841)
I like it, I think it cleans up the look of the front end. How is the metal finished? Anodized, painted, or something else?My concern would be how well it will hold up to bugs, scrubbing off of said bugs, and car washes.

The metal mesh is powdercoated in black, so it should hold up quite well.

Originally Posted by fsvoboda (Post 1585992026)
The chrome strip and other bars in the stock C7 grille seem to me to be "heritage" items harking back to the original Corvette's grille.

That's the first time I've personally heard anyone provide a reason that actually makes sense for that chrome bar on the grille. Finally, I'm not left wondering "what the heck was Chevy thinking?!!!" Thank you! Doesn't mean I like it any better personally, but at least now I don't think Chevy is crazy for putting it there and there was a good reason for it. I don't think it stands out as much on lighter colored cars and doesn't look that out of place if you have silver or chrome wheels. So it really just depends on what color combination you have. From what I've seen, the Vette looks amazing in any color combination.

KenHorse 01-23-2014 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by C7Jake (Post 1585992628)
Front plate really compliments the stock grille:lol:

Actually it does make it look a LOT better :thumbs:

#1c6 01-23-2014 12:52 PM

could someone photoshope the new zo6 grille in the c7 please?

DonOH 01-23-2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7 (Post 1585991332)
Here you go.

I like that look. Especially with the dark color.

B Stead 01-23-2014 01:24 PM

I would be looking for a grill that's not so obvious. In other words it wouldn't be tightly woven, wouldn't have thick elements, and wouldn't be polished. I would want stainless-steel or titanium