CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3407262-do-you-race-when-people-pull-beside-you-to-challenge.html)

C5-JIM 01-20-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Second Vette (Post 1585965643)
Nope, I've heard that age increases common sense. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you want to have fun with them, put the Car in Track Mode so the Performance Exhaust opens up and downshift a Gear. Don't forget to laugh hysterically when you do it. :lol:

No you are not wrong, at age 69 I still love it. If I wanted to go slow I would have bought a Chevette instead of a Corvette and saved a ton of money My thoughts are if you are not living on the edge you are wasting space.
C5-JIM :hide:

455230 01-20-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585968179)
Good points...except what is the point of the 550 rwhp ?

About as useful as tits on a bull ... in this case....

Vette owners seem to be a particular bunch....Lots of bench racers who will modify their cars for more power...then never use it....

455230 01-20-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 1585968293)
agree. why do you even have a corvette??

Something to wax?

HogwildC7 01-20-2014 04:32 PM

no i enjoy my car, its a daily driver so i dont drive it hard but like a normal car

tentorium 01-20-2014 05:29 PM

I've had 2 Camaros and 1 Mustang try to get me going but I didn't bite and they ended up looking like a&&holes. :lol:

2vette2 01-20-2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1585965510)
no, I laugh at them.

Me too. :cool:

AK47 01-20-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7 (Post 1585969207)
I have a Corvette because of the way it drives and accelerates and mainly because I can afford it and I feel like having one. That's the only answer you deserve.

If I want to race someone, I will take it to a track or private property.

If you want to nitpick at someone else's possessions, then be prepared to justify everything you own to some schmuck who thinks you aren't using it the way he thinks you should.

"Why do you own such a big house when you have no kids"
"Why do you have a large screen TV when you don't really watch any cool movies?
"Why do you own such cool sneakers when you don't even run"

How about "mind your own business?"

Oh i am sorry I hurt your feelings because you only have the guts to drive your corvette like it's 4 door sedan.

He said he is too cheap to take it to the track, hence he doesn't. And i bet you don't either.

hotrod2147 01-20-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1585965510)
no, I laugh at them.

:iagree::D

hotrod2147 01-20-2014 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit's C4 (Post 1585968987)
Nope... no desire - survived my young and dumb years.

:iagree: :thumbs:

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody (Post 1585969391)
Hmmmm Freudian slip ...... or the truth comes out??:rofl:

I know I saw that...hoping no one else. did. :hide:

caker 01-20-2014 06:37 PM

Ha Ha ,,, This is the best action yet on CF . Is zero to 30 in 1.2 sec a race ? In a 30 zone of course.:woohoo:

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7 (Post 1585969207)
I have a Corvette because of the way it drives and accelerates and mainly because I can afford it and I feel like having one. That's the only answer you deserve.

sure you can just as someone can have a pretty wife and only makes love to her only on anniversaries. what a waste and if your vette was a chick she would cheat on you. :D

Why do you own such a big house when you have no kids"
I don't its around 2200 and its perfectly fine for me. I think having a big house is a waste I would rather have numerous practical houses in different areas.

"Why do you have a large screen TV when you don't really watch any cool movies?
I watch 10 movies a week.

"Why do you own such cool sneakers when you don't even run"
I don't I have 4 year old ones that I wear to gym. Having bad ass sneakers is a waste of money unless you do run.

How about "mind your own business?"
think this is my my thread so it is my business once you post in it. Now put that foot on that accelerator and drive that sexy bitch like they are meant to be driven. :rock:

thedofuss 01-20-2014 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1585968371)

do people actually wear these?

HalfMoon 01-20-2014 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by thedofuss (Post 1585972851)
do people actually wear these?

Wait, your dealer didn't tell you? When you buy your first corvette you sign a binding contract to wear that every third Saturday for the first 8 months. Its a club initiation thing.

coupeguyz51 01-20-2014 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585965221)
IF yes, what have you beaten and what has beaten you.

I have gone a few times. I have beat 3 mustangs, a couple of camaros and 2 c6 vettes(roll ons 60mphish) Nothing has beat me yet.

I know I shouldn't do it but its sooo tempting. IF it doesn't look safe I just ignore the challenge.

Well?

No. I have nothing to prove against ricers, mustangs and other riff raff...

Torch Red C7 01-20-2014 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 1585970752)
Oh i am sorry I hurt your feelings because you only have the guts to drive your corvette like it's 4 door sedan.

He said he is too cheap to take it to the track, hence he doesn't. And i bet you don't either.

You're right, since I have only had it 10 days and haven't hit 500 miles in it yet. On the other hand, I'm a deputy and I have been to enough scenes of crashes from street racing to know about guys just like you. I have helped scraped pieces of your friends from intersections while people stand on the sidewalk saying "did you see how fast that dude was going?" and then go walking on down the street illuminated by ambulance lights. I can only hope that when you wrap yourself around a pole that you don't hurt somebody innocent while you were proving how huge your manhood was to some kid who dared rev his engine at you.

No, you didn't hurt my feeling at all. You would have to be someone important to me to hurt my feelings.

DanTheFireman 01-20-2014 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 1585970752)
Oh i am sorry I hurt your feelings because you only have the GUTS to drive your corvette like it's 4 door sedan.

Impressive… an automatic weapon as a moniker and guts (those things we cover with a moistened trauma dressing enroute to the ER - we'll obviously need more dressings for yours).

jackhall99 01-20-2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7 (Post 1585973525)
You're right, since I have only had it 10 days and haven't hit 500 miles in it yet. On the other hand, I'm a deputy and I have been to enough scenes of crashes from street racing to know about guys just like you. I have helped scraped pieces of your friends from intersections while people stand on the sidewalk saying "did you see how fast that dude was going?" and then go walking on down the street illuminated by ambulance lights. I can only hope that when you wrap yourself around a pole that you don't hurt somebody innocent while you were proving how huge your manhood was to some kid who dared rev his engine at you.

No, you didn't hurt my feeling at all. You would have to be someone important to me to hurt my feelings.

Thanks. :thumbs: :yesnod:

Big talkers like AK47 make me laugh. I also pray that innocent people aren't injured or killed when he loses it. :cheers:

vforrest 01-20-2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7 (Post 1585973525)

:iagree:.....nice ending....with an.....!

WICKEDFRC 01-20-2014 11:57 PM

This happened just this past weekend.

Cruising down Speedway in Tucson, Arizona after a leisure ride up Mount Lemmon in the 2013 Z06 with my GF. Some young, dumb, full of stupidity clown slows down his Mitsubishi GST or Eclipse, gets his POS into boost and zips past me on the right.....he slows down again, so I slightly speed up to get over and allow YDFOS kid pass me by. Again, he drops down, gets into boost, and jets past me all while his oil and other **** is scavenging out his fart can. A part of me wanted to drop down and punch it but.....common sense and the little Angel on my left should said "Don't".

Then after YDFOS clown races off into the sunset by himself, a pickup truck with two young dumb rednecks passes by as if they wanted to race too. F'king morons. And when they raced past, I got a "thumbs down" from Redneck #2 in the passenger seat.

Great. I got smoked by two pieces of **** this weekend.