CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3407262-do-you-race-when-people-pull-beside-you-to-challenge.html)

TX Navy Vet 01-20-2014 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1585965510)
no, I laugh at them.

I do the same.

Zymurgy 01-20-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by HolyRoller (Post 1585967692)
All the accident investigators, insurance adjusters, detectives, prosecutors, and personal injury lawyers of America thank you for making their jobs easier. Seriously.

I don't make the rules, I just try to enforce them.

Vetteman Jack 01-20-2014 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1585965897)
Besides, it is dangerous on public streets and I'm not in having the car impounded or, worse yet, killing someone and having to live with that. I get my kicks at the track.

Can't argue with that and totally agree. In my younger days I would have said game on, but with age comes at least some wisdom.

VIK TOY 01-20-2014 12:27 PM

No, neither one of us do. If we did we would be racing every "ricer" in OR&WA. It is so silly these POSs challenging us all the time.

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bigterpsfan (Post 1585965949)
With 550rwhp, it is a lose lose situation for me. I should beat most anything that pulls up next to me. So IF I were to race and win, well that was supposed to happen. If I were to lose then, I lose. If I were to get pulled over, I lose. If I were to wreck and hurt myself or someone else, many people lose. The problem is that people don't play the tape all the way through to the end be for they act/react. If you race many people may lose, even your loved ones if you are dead or sitting in jail. I win every time, because I just don't race. I am too cheap to race at the track, because I don't want to break my car and have to fix it. However, if drag racing is your thing, take it to the track and have at it; just make sure you have track insurance or can self insure.

Good points...except what is the point of the 550 rwhp ?

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by HolyRoller (Post 1585967692)
All the accident investigators, insurance adjusters, detectives, prosecutors, and personal injury lawyers of America thank you for making their jobs easier. Seriously.

you are a negative nelly holly roller. there is no difference in what I have done compared to what you have done in your vette. Don't tell me that you have never just hit when you are going 60mph or so up to a 90 or a 100. That is all i am doing. I wouldn't race from a stop unless I knew the person too many bad drivers off the line. These are just freeway rollons. I moron could do it. If you never rack through the gears you should buy a Prius instead of a vette.

AK47 01-20-2014 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585968179)
Good points...except what is the point of the 550 rwhp ?

agree. why do you even have a corvette??

Chicago1 01-20-2014 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 1585968293)

The lifestyle man the lifestyle...

http://www.corvetteclothing.com/imag...OL._AA280_.jpg

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1585968371)

lol ...if he says he has the vette to get chicks I will give him a pass. :lol:

HolyRoller 01-20-2014 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585968251)
you are a negative nelly holly roller. there is no difference in what I have done compared to what you have done in your vette. Don't tell me that you have never just hit when you are going 60mph or so up to a 90 or a 100. That is all i am doing. I wouldn't race from a stop unless I knew the person too many bad drivers off the line. These are just freeway rollons. I moron could do it. If you never rack through the gears you should buy a Prius instead of a vette.

Sure, 100 and more, when nobody else is around, on the back roads where I've lived for ten years, in the stretches that have no houses or driveways. That way I only hurt myself and my car if anything goes wrong, and I don't get charged with racing on public roads and lose my car and license.

If you just gotta race and you never hit anything, no prob. If you just gotta race and you do hit something, or somebody, or get caught racing, big prob, not least because you keep writing posts like that.

gregd 01-20-2014 01:54 PM

No. I can't afford the ticket and I am not willing to risk damage to my car or others. Besides, the challenger is usually drivng some POS and the outcome is obvious. That said I cannot say I have never gotten caught up in a situation where some a----ole decides to speed up when I am passing but that's another situation entirely. Ditto a few smooth straight back country roads I,know with almost no traffic - but in those cases its just me. Regular streets are just not the place.

red2012 01-20-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dudeurgettnavette (Post 1585966658)
That's illegal...

Only if you get caught.

PUGPROUD 01-20-2014 02:06 PM

...At a light I rev to 6,500 rpm and then let them look like an ass as they take off alone tires screeching
...On the highway I'm always in the far left lane so no one passes me on right in traffic or I let them by on right to uncover speed traps if any.

When I was younger no one passed me under any circumstances but a few high priced tickets, boredom sitting in defensive driving classes to get points removed from my license and a couple of close calls taught me to control my Alpha male tendencies.

Bandit's C4 01-20-2014 02:16 PM

Nope... no desire - survived my young and dumb years.

jackhall99 01-20-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585965221)
. .... Well?

I ignore immature people who want to street race. :thumbs:

C5Txfan 01-20-2014 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit's C4 (Post 1585968987)
Nope... no desire - survived my young and dumb years.

:iagree::iagree: Same here .. was young & dumb and street raced many years ago ... as many have said .. age brings wisdom (and slower reflexes !!!! ) :cheers:

Torch Red C7 01-20-2014 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 1585968293)

I have a Corvette because of the way it drives and accelerates and mainly because I can afford it and I feel like having one. That's the only answer you deserve.

If I want to race someone, I will take it to a track or private property.

If you want to nitpick at someone else's possessions, then be prepared to justify everything you own to some schmuck who thinks you aren't using it the way he thinks you should.

"Why do you own such a big house when you have no kids"
"Why do you have a large screen TV when you don't really watch any cool movies?
"Why do you own such cool sneakers when you don't even run"

How about "mind your own business?"

Mr. Peabody 01-20-2014 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585968251)
you are a negative nelly holly roller. ....... I moron .................you should buy a Prius instead of a vette.

Hmmmm Freudian slip ...... or the truth comes out??:rofl:

millers1 01-20-2014 03:24 PM

It's just not worth losing your life, or even worse killing someone else!