CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3407262-do-you-race-when-people-pull-beside-you-to-challenge.html)

go4kj 01-25-2014 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by BacknBlack (Post 1586013749)
It's laughable because he fits the mold of every other wannabe boss/player in the Miami area. Apparently, renting a Lambo when you get to Miami is like getting a Philly cheese steak when you visit Philadelphia. If he has some of the best collections of super cars, why would he rent a Lambo Gallardo? C'mon son! If you want to be a boss, you have to buy the Lambo, use it for a night or two and then throw the keys to one of the strippers you met when you leave. Vince Neil of Motley Crew did it.....

Damn that's one lucky stripper.

Blown-C7 01-25-2014 11:18 PM

Ummm....speaking of....Wife and I had a run in with a new BMW M6 tonight...lol

diesel225 01-27-2014 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by C7pimp (Post 1586005486)
This is true.

I rank Nidan, (2nd degree black) in karate.

There are also varying levels of fighter within each belt rank.

You get somebody like me, who is a former collegiate athlete, that trains in martial vs. Your average Joe that doesn't have a shitlick's amount of athletic ability and you're talking 2 very seriously didn't types of guy when you're taking about a full force fight.

I have trained local MMA fighters in their striking/stand up game, and know a lot more about fighting for real vs point sparring than your average martial artist.

Any martial artist who has never done an actual fight instead being separated by judges after the first strike lands is going to get hiss ass kicked badly against another trained fighter.

Also, the whole (Tae Kwan Do, Karate, Keet Kune Do, Kung Fu, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, etc is "better" than another) thing is total bullcrap. It comes down to the artist doing it. The techniques for a given kick are all incredibly similar. You get an athletic and capable person doing it, they'll excel at any of those regardless of the style.

i agree. its how one trains not what style you use. ok for example if there is 14 year old boy who has 1st degree black belt do you really think he will kick the **** out of a grown man who has ben street fighting. no he is out of his league. so for me belts meaning nothing i know tons of place that just give you a belt cause you have been there long enough. I'm mean **** when you see 90% of traditional instructors they are fat and out of shape this is your idea of a real street fighter.

the guys from kiyoka-ninja-kan i have no clue how to spell there art correctly they said they were red sash. the reason it was easy to kick there ass was they were like "no kicking to the groin no elbow strike no head buts and i was like no if we are going to fight there are no rules. you can wear medal head gear were i can knock you out in but won't cut you were a cup and a chest guard so i don't break anything.
so he agreed to this. mind you this is one fight. i kicked him i the nuts then kneed him in the face and just unloaded with punches till he was in a ball. end of fight, this was basically how most fights went with other schools. i just did stuff they weren't used to.

we trained like boxers back then 3 min rounds all out. cardio cardio cardio. knees elbows head buts. let me tell you when i went from traditional to that type of fighting i got my ass handed to me i gassed my first fight in 1 min chasing this street brawler, i was doing jumping spin kicks and van dam type **** he then beat the piss out of me due to the fact my lungs were on fire. i have been knocked out tons of times in my first year of jkd just like boxers.

when you fight all out and you are willing to get knocked out the fear of fighting subsides sum. you then recognize faints you are more relaxed when get hit so you can roll with a punch or strike and not absorb the strike.

the traditional aka karate or kungfu guys just weren't used to this, there are rules in traditional sparring or fighting. they don't train like we did and that is why they lost. this was mind you was about 2 years prior to ufc 1 so mma wasn't around and no one was really training like this but believe what you want.

i know nothing about fighting. you traditional guys just rule the fighting world. one of my good friends owns a a grace jujitsu studio in ny he was trained under henzo this guy weights 170 but if he gets a hold of you its lights out why cardio for days and he is just that good i out weight him by 50 lbs and he still chocked me out over and over. so don't think I'm saying I'm unbeatable or anything like that. I'm saying at that time mma didn't exist we were the closes thing to what is now mma we fought with sneakers on, like you would in the street. we did some ground work but never the amount of rolling in jujitsu by any means because we believe that you should never stay on the ground in a real fight as someone will kick you in the head. i had this happen to me as a bounce of an irish pub took the guy down in a chock hold his friend saw an opening and kicked me in the head this just made me squeeze his friend even harder. all this said i can careless what one guy knows or doesn't know i have always found 9 times out of ten those who struck first and connect win in the street.

diesel225 01-27-2014 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1586002505)
I did not "step in" anything. :nonod:

Since you proclaim to be an expert, you should know your analogy was a poor choice. Nobody who has trained for a lifetime will not defend themselves or others in the time of danger. That is all I was stating. :thumbs:

Incidentally, a true master does not brag.

Finally, a new member with eight posts, bragging in a thread about street racing? :rofl:

An analogy is a comparison in which an idea or a thing is compared to another thing that is quite different from it. It aims at explaining that idea or thing by comparing it to something that is familiar.

again this was not me telling a story it was a comparison of 2 things.

the analogy was bout having the skill and not using it. like having a super fast car and never driving it fast. wow i thought this was self evident.

who is bragging about street racing i said i have raced from time to time like others on here and i also went to the track what the hell are talking about.

diesel225 01-27-2014 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1586003037)
I was not going to post this to you, but you are so fake I can't resist. :D

You go on and on about 13 years of training in martial arts under your father, then dabbled (martial arts students don't dabble) a few years, then you instructed for years.

I could buy that, but then you shove your foot down your throat by stating "i used to kick the crap out of the reg karate guys who used to come to are school and challenge us to fight claiming they were a red sash..."

A student who has earned his red belt (9th kyu in Shotokan) has been a student of the arts for two months, maybe three? They would never come to your dojo to "challenge" you or anybody else.

A 4th Dan, or Yondan, has had 13 or more years of serious training to earn that, and as with the 9th kyu student, they would not challenge anybody to fight. And you would not "kick the crap out of" a student holding this degree.

I do not want to argue with you as that is not my intent, but you are sounding a bit foolish. :cheers:

well you live were i do and if I'm fake then this is an easy fix we both live in IL. so I'm up for a sparing match any time. I'm sure we can find a place were you can see if I'm fake or not. pm me and let me know were and when you would like to hook up for a friendly sparring match. I'm 40 years old and have been out of martial arts for years but i never back down to a challenge. ill be waiting for your pm. sincerely the fake.

F4 Phantom 01-28-2014 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by diesel225 (Post 1586030034)
well you live were i do and if I'm fake then this is an easy fix we both live in IL. so I'm up for a sparing match any time. I'm sure we can find a place were you can see if I'm fake or not. pm me and let me know were and when you would like to hook up for a friendly sparring match. I'm 40 years old and have been out of martial arts for years but i never back down to a challenge. ill be waiting for your pm. sincerely the fake.

I'm a new forum member, an older guy, and seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a crystal clear tintcoat convertible with 3LT and Z51. I've never owned a Corvette before, but have been driving a sports car since 99. I thought this thread would give me some insight into the Corvette owner mentality. I've read a lot of childish, ridiculous posts, but here is one Corvette owner challenging another to fight. I think I won't get a Corvette after all.

Nicky43 01-28-2014 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2 (Post 1586035372)
I'm a new forum member, an older guy, and seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a crystal clear tintcoat convertible with 3LT and Z51. I've never owned a Corvette before, but have been driving a sports car since 99. I thought this thread would give me some insight into the Corvette owner mentality. I've read a lot of childish, ridiculous posts, but here is one Corvette owner challenging another to fight. I think I won't get a Corvette after all.

Stop that. If you are an older guy as I am, than certainly you have the wisdom to realize there are idiots in every group of people you assemble, be it Corvette owners, Mustang Owners or Airplane owners. If you are going to let a few idiots convince you that you don't want to buy a corvette than I suggest you didn't really want one anyway.

Frankly, I think it's a bit nutty to even suggest that because a few numskulls want to beat their breast on a message board that you would use that as a basis to make a auto purchase decision. But I will say this is one amazing machine and I hate to see you miss out on it because a few people acting silly.

F4 Phantom 01-28-2014 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nicky43 (Post 1586035609)
Stop that. If you are an older guy as I am, than certainly you have the wisdom to realize there are idiots in every group of people you assemble, be it Corvette owners, Mustang Owners or Airplane owners. If you are going to let a few idiots convince you that you don't want to buy a corvette than I suggest you didn't really want one anyway.

Frankly, I think it's a bit nutty to even suggest that because a few numskulls want to beat their breast on a message board that you would use that as a basis to make a auto purchase decision. But I will say this is one amazing machine and I hate to see you miss out on it because a few people acting silly.

Yeah, you're right. I was just being sarcastic. The fight threat was a little over the top, though. My worry is about the long lead times from order to delivery I've been hearing about. I need to convince myself that the wait is worth it.

Nicky43 01-28-2014 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2 (Post 1586035803)
Yeah, you're right. I was just being sarcastic. The fight threat was a little over the top, though. My worry is about the long lead times from order to delivery I've been hearing about. I need to convince myself that the wait is worth it.

The wait is definitely well worth it. This car surprises me everyday I drive it with being even more awesome than I thought it was the last time I drove it. Absolutely the best mix of a stock Race car/Street Car I have ever had the delightful pleasure to drive.

If you don't want to wait, then just widen your search for local dealers and spend a weekend on a long trip to a dealer who has the car in stock that you want. That's what I did and it worked out great. You can still have it serviced at your local dealer.

F4 Phantom 01-28-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nicky43 (Post 1586035852)
The wait is definitely well worth it. This car surprises me everyday I drive it with being even more awesome than I thought it was the last time I drove it. Absolutely the best mix of a stock Race car/Street Car I have ever had the delightful pleasure to drive.

If you don't want to wait, then just widen your search for local dealers and spend a weekend on a long trip to a dealer who has the car in stock that you want. That's what I did and it worked out great. You can still have it serviced at your local dealer.

OK, thanks.

dovervold 01-28-2014 07:07 PM

I thought this post was about do you ever run someone if they provoke you on the street, then I went to the last page and :willy:

Now back to the OP's topic, the way I see it, zero to 60 isn't a crime:rofl:

OnPoint 01-28-2014 08:51 PM

What a complete turd of a thread.

jdvann 01-28-2014 11:02 PM

This is High HP racing...http://player.vimeo.com/video/40935850:flag:

dovervold 01-28-2014 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by jdvann (Post 1586039102)
This is High HP racing...http://player.vimeo.com/video/40935850:flag:

Wow, that about says it all. I bow to our Air Force:flag: Us mortals give you all the respect you deserve. Hope when you have some ground time it is spent in a well tuned Vette:cheers:

gixxerbill 01-28-2014 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1586037911)

233 posts and is still going. What thread that you have posted has done better? Well?

BacknBlack 01-29-2014 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1586037911)

Are you kidding me? This is the best entertainment I've had on this forum in years :rock::rock::party:

It was like watching American Graffiti, Fast & Furious and Enter the Dragon all at the same time :lol:

Theta 01-29-2014 02:14 AM

I'm not going to read this entire thread, because it looks like it took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. :lol:

I will say that I wouldn't screw with anybody else in a C7 after seeing how many are using the screen compartment for a sub-compact 9mm, .38, .40 S&W, etc.

And then just to liven things back up, I'll share with you an old saying from Marine Corps vets: "Don't pick a fight with an old guy. He'll just kill you." :flag:

Theta 01-29-2014 02:23 AM

And since we're already past the point of no return, here's the video of the ZR1 racing the jet:

Go to 7:55 for a real drag race.

And yes, I'd sure as hell race one of these if I had the chance. :rock:

OnPoint 01-29-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1586039373)
233 posts and is still going. What thread that you have posted has done better? Well?

Well if your determinant of better is post volume, none.