CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3407262-do-you-race-when-people-pull-beside-you-to-challenge.html)

C7pimp 01-24-2014 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1586003037)
I was not going to post this to you, but you are so fake I can't resist. :D

You go on and on about 13 years of training in martial arts under your father, then dabbled (martial arts students don't dabble) a few years, then you instructed for years.

I could buy that, but then you shove your foot down your throat by stating "i used to kick the crap out of the reg karate guys who used to come to are school and challenge us to fight claiming they were a red sash..."

A student who has earned his red belt (9th kyu in Shotokan) has been a student of the arts for two months, maybe three? They would never come to your dojo to "challenge" you or anybody else.

A 4th Dan, or Yondan, has had 13 or more years of serious training to earn that, and as with the 9th kyu student, they would not challenge anybody to fight. And you would not "kick the crap out of" a student holding this degree.

I do not want to argue with you as that is not my intent, but you are sounding a bit foolish. :cheers:

This is true.

I rank Nidan, (2nd degree black) in karate.

There are also varying levels of fighter within each belt rank.

You get somebody like me, who is a former collegiate athlete, that trains in martial vs. Your average Joe that doesn't have a shitlick's amount of athletic ability and you're talking 2 very seriously didn't types of guy when you're taking about a full force fight.

I have trained local MMA fighters in their striking/stand up game, and know a lot more about fighting for real vs point sparring than your average martial artist.

Any martial artist who has never done an actual fight instead being separated by judges after the first strike lands is going to get hiss ass kicked badly against another trained fighter.

Also, the whole (Tae Kwan Do, Karate, Keet Kune Do, Kung Fu, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, etc is "better" than another) thing is total bullcrap. It comes down to the artist doing it. The techniques for a given kick are all incredibly similar. You get an athletic and capable person doing it, they'll excel at any of those regardless of the style.

C5Txfan 01-24-2014 06:16 PM

Damn .. this thread topic went from racing someone on the street to martial arts fighting ! :willy: :crazy:

gixxerbill 01-24-2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by B747VET (Post 1586005088)
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

If you look on You Tube you can easily find the video of a ZR1 spinning out on a freeway and hitting one or two other Corvettes while some club was making a run. So, no, even on the freeway, anyone with 400+ HP can lose it hot dogging, go sideways from the fast lane, cross the middle lane, and cream one or two other Vettes in the slow lane.:cheers:

yes, I guess they can if they are a total douche bag that shouldn't be trusted with even a moped. what a moron.

go4kj 01-24-2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by C5Txfan (Post 1586005540)
Damn .. this thread topic went from racing someone on the street to martial arts fighting ! :willy: :crazy:

Expect the unexpected. This forum is enetertaing for sure. :D

C7pimp 01-24-2014 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by C5Txfan (Post 1586005540)

Lol.

I further derailed this thread for the fun of it.

Besides, lots of the people here saying they never street race are full of crap. You drive an 11 seconds car, you race it. Don't freaking lie.

Spulbus2013 01-24-2014 06:55 PM

I will race anyone, its all about fun but i always find people who wont look and shy away and that's fine no hard feelings

fsvoboda 01-24-2014 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by go4kj (Post 1586005647)
Expect the unexpected. This forum is enetertaing for sure. :D

I expect we'll be hearing from Justin Bieber on the subject of street racing at any moment.

:woohoo::woohoo:

gthal 01-24-2014 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by C7pimp (Post 1586005708)
Lol. I further derailed this thread for the fun of it. Besides, lots of the people here saying they never street race are full of crap. You drive an 11 seconds car, you race it. Don't freaking lie.

I absolutely push my car to crazy speeds... just not on the street. 10 or so track days a year scratches the itch very, very well. I like my license too much. I also would feel awfully badly if something had ever happened to someone else... and don't for a second suggest that doesn't happen. Most people go their entire lives doing dumb a$$ sh!t and never have anything bad happen and that's great and lucky. The one time something bad does happen that person then regrets it. I'm not judging anyone but I don't care to ruin my life or someone else's even if the odds are low that I would do that.

BacknBlack 01-25-2014 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by C5Txfan (Post 1586004938)
:bs I'm 60+ and I damn sure didn't buy mine to be a status symbol. I've had several Vettes over the years and all were for me to enjoy driving as I pleased .. not like some a-hold thinks I should be driving. If someone else wants to fly down the road at 100+ with their hair on fire .. more power to ya .. until you wreck or land in jail without a car. When I was back in my 20's with my '65 yeah I used to race some and drive fast. But now I drive mine the way I want to and only the way I want to - not trying to impress 'anybody' ! :thumbs: :cheers:

This really isn't about age. More so about these two things:
1. Those that buy vettes as a way to increase their self-esteem and status amongst their peers.
2. Using the above to belittle and humiliate those that don't drive something equivalent to them.

The comments at the beginning to this thread came off as another form of elitism. Scoffing and laughing at those who drive Camaros, Mustangs, Civics and other imports shows true arrogance and is a reason behind most attitudes towards vette owners. This group seems to get older and increases in size with every new generation of vette.
There should be a sticky telling current or future pretentious a-holes (that own or want a vette) that winning isn't done with the wallet, it's done with the gas peddle. That's something BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners will never understand.

Some of those on this forum need to realize that we drive a plastic Chevy with leaf springs, it's not a Bentley.

BacknBlack 01-25-2014 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by fsvoboda (Post 1586006057)
I expect we'll be hearing from Justin Bieber on the subject of street racing at any moment.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Yeah, and his rented Lambo :lol::lol:

Road_runner 01-25-2014 03:02 AM

I don't want to go to jail if the other guy crashes

C5Txfan 01-25-2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BacknBlack (Post 1586008075)
This really isn't about age. More so about these two things:
1. Those that buy vettes as a way to increase their self-esteem and status amongst their peers.
2. Using the above to belittle and humiliate those that don't drive something equivalent to them.

The comments at the beginning to this thread came off as another form of elitism. Scoffing and laughing at those who drive Camaros, Mustangs, Civics and other imports shows true arrogance and is a reason behind most attitudes towards vette owners. This group seems to get older and increases in size with every new generation of vette.
There should be a sticky telling current or future pretentious a-holes (that own or want a vette) that winning isn't done with the wallet, it's done with the gas peddle. That's something BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners will never understand.

Some of those on this forum need to realize that we drive a plastic Chevy with leaf springs, it's not a Bentley.

Well we all know why we bought a Vette in the first place ... the reason that all the gals and non-Vette owners tell us ... to make up for our little di%k$ ! :smash: :hide:

04_Z06_CE 01-25-2014 09:52 AM

I never turn down a race. Street or highway I love to have fun

sly1 01-25-2014 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by C5Txfan (Post 1586009297)
Well we all know why we bought a Vette in the first place ... the reason that all the gals and non-Vette owners tell us ... to make up for our little di%k$ ! :smash: :hide:

That only applies to Porsche owners. :D

sly1 01-25-2014 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1586006086)
I absolutely push my car to crazy speeds... just not on the street. 10 or so track days a year scratches the itch very, very well. I like my license too much. I also would feel awfully badly if something had ever happened to someone else... and don't for a second suggest that doesn't happen. Most people go their entire lives doing dumb a$$ sh!t and never have anything bad happen and that's great and lucky. The one time something bad does happen that person then regrets it. I'm not judging anyone but I don't care to ruin my life or someone else's even if the odds are low that I would do that.

Of course you are 100% on target with your comments, but you are also 100% wasting your time, because the immature street racers won't hear your message. They firmly believe that nothing bad will ever happen to them, reagardless of how irresponsible they behave. I fully understand when teenagers or even those in their 20s have this attitude, but the posts that really surprise me are those written by those who claim to be in their 50s and 60s, but still behave like immature teenagers. This gives an entirely new meaning to the old axiom that age is just a number.

hotrod2147 01-25-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by C5Txfan (Post 1586004938)
:bs I'm 60+ and I damn sure didn't buy mine to be a status symbol. I've had several Vettes over the years and all were for me to enjoy driving as I pleased .. not like some a-hold thinks I should be driving. If someone else wants to fly down the road at 100+ with their hair on fire .. more power to ya .. until you wreck or land in jail without a car. When I was back in my 20's with my '65 yeah I used to race some and drive fast. But now I drive mine the way I want to and only the way I want to - not trying to impress 'anybody' ! :thumbs: :cheers:

:iagree: I'm 66 and couldn't have said it better :thumbs:

Blown-C7 01-25-2014 01:56 PM

I was catching up on this thread and also saw the reply about martial arts stuff...had to go back 3 times to make sure I was on the right site...lol

B747VET 01-25-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BacknBlack (Post 1586008081)
Yeah, and his rented Lambo :lol::lol:

Look, I can't stand the kid and I'm afraid he isn't long for this world due to his arrogant behaviors.

All that having been said, he was driving a rented Lambo because he was 3,000 miles from home and because he can afford to rent any super car any time he wants to. Why is that laughable?

The cars he actually has in his garage here in L.A. are quite amazing. Unfortunately, money easily buys speed but not intellect and maturity.

jackhall99 01-25-2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by B747VET (Post 1586011379)
Look, I can't stand the kid and I'm afraid he isn't long for this world due to his arrogant behaviors.

All that having been said, he was driving a rented Lambo because he was 3,000 miles from home and because he can afford to rent any super car any time he wants to. Why is that laughable?

The cars he actually has in his garage here in L.A. are quite amazing. Unfortunately, money easily buys speed but not intellect and maturity.

Well stated on all three points. :thumbs:

BacknBlack 01-25-2014 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by B747VET (Post 1586011379)

It's laughable because he fits the mold of every other wannabe boss/player in the Miami area. Apparently, renting a Lambo when you get to Miami is like getting a Philly cheese steak when you visit Philadelphia. If he has some of the best collections of super cars, why would he rent a Lambo Gallardo? C'mon son! If you want to be a boss, you have to buy the Lambo, use it for a night or two and then throw the keys to one of the strippers you met when you leave. Vince Neil of Motley Crew did it.....