CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3406929-the-c7z06-is-really-the-new-zr1.html)

Bad_AX 01-19-2014 01:11 PM

The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1

So, I was at a trade show during the launch of the C7Z06, and I'm catching up on the news rather late. I was one of the purist who held out hope that the C7Z06 would remain a naturally aspirated, large displacement, manual only, fixed roof track bullet. My hopes are completely crushed.

I know this new car will be an animal, but can't see it weighing any less than the C6ZR1. I've never liked super chargers and turbos, but I fuss is you want to go fast in a C7 that's what you're going to have. With available automatic transmission, removable roof and a supercharger, this is not my car any more. The C6Z06 brought me to Corvette. I'm one of those newer generation buyers they so desperately need. In my view this car is trying to reach too many buyers. To many of us, this car doesn't even look that great. Aggressive, yes but Nissan GT-R is aggressive looking.

I don't know where I'm going from here.

RUBYREDVET 01-19-2014 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bad_AX (Post 1585960186)
So, I was at a trade show during the launch of the C7Z06, and I'm catching up on the news rather late. I was one of the purist who held out hope that the C7Z06 would remain a naturally aspirated, large displacement, manual only, fixed roof track bullet. My hopes are completely crushed.

I know this new car will be an animal, but can't see it weighing any less than the C6ZR1. I've never liked super chargers and turbos, but I fuss is you want to go fast in a C7 that's what you're going to have. With available automatic transmission, removable roof and a supercharger, this is not my car any more. The C6Z06 brought me to Corvette. I'm one of those newer generation buyers they so desperately need. In my view this car is trying to reach too many buyers. To many of us, this car doesn't even look that great. Aggressive, yes but Nissan GT-R is aggressive looking.

I don't know where I'm going from here.

Patience, grasshopper.:D
The actual car is still about a year away. Adding auto trans and removeable roof only adds to broader appeal. GM need to sell lots of these things to keep the Corvette going into C8. Low sales numbers aren't gonna cut it. There is a new CEO who may or may not even like the Corvette and might kill it on a whim. So if the changes to the new Z sells more cars, so be it.
My only problem with an auto trans is that I can't use the excuse, " but, the Z only comes with a manual tanny".
Wife doesn't drive a stick.:rofl:
And I ain't gonna teach her.:ack:

G352C6 01-19-2014 02:15 PM

Get a viper and let the rest of us buy the Z06.

Caddylac10 01-19-2014 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by G352C6 (Post 1585960649)
Get a viper and let the rest of us buy the Z06.

I agree and I don't mean that sarcastically. The Viper can be had for big discounts right now. It's the closet thing to C6 Z you can get going forward. If I had to have an NA motor I'd jump on it. You'll get a dramatic car with a beautiful paint job and arguably the best NA motor on the market today. Plus, it will be rare.