CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Chevy Corvette Stingray goes high-tech with Performance Data Recorder (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3399582-chevy-corvette-stingray-goes-high-tech-with-performance-data-recorder.html)

Rob Willis 01-19-2014 11:28 AM

One of the reasons I was waiting to order a Stingray possibly was the PDR.

I also mentioned in another thread (in autox/roadrace forum) about the bad refresh rates of data.

My traqmate and GoPro setup in my C6 provides better info then this setup.

I wonder if the production version will be any better. Doubt it.

Rob Willis 03-15-2014 11:24 AM

Anyone hear any rumblings of price of this option?

At sub $1k it'd be a thought.
Above that, I'm out.

Plasticpig 06-15-2014 11:24 AM

Retro fit camera

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1585843851)
Well, the option was supposed to be available to the 2014s. I think it wasn't ready in time (like a constraint) but they decided - as you said - to make it an incentive to buy a 2015.

I'm going to wait to see if someone retrofits it to a 2014.

Has anyone noticed the windshield black out on the passenger side is raised for the future camera and the plastic trim that covers the On-star antenna also has a hole cast into it? Assume they were thinking to the future option.

NoOne 06-15-2014 11:31 AM

I watched the video.

If you have used an aftermarket system that is similar you would find the C7 system to be extremely laggy. Maybe its an early software build but asking the infotainment system to do the work given the fact its not even fast enough to change radio favorites in under 3 seconds I think the usefulness of the final data may be neat to someone who wants track video but not enough for someone who wants to make a useful interpretation of the data.

It's a cool feature but I wonder what the option price will be compared to an after market system?

[edit] I watched the toolbox video and it seems better there but seems like lags in data points are pretty big.

SCM_Crash 06-16-2014 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1587139172)
I watched the video.

If you have used an aftermarket system that is similar you would find the C7 system to be extremely laggy. Maybe its an early software build but asking the infotainment system to do the work given the fact its not even fast enough to change radio favorites in under 3 seconds I think the usefulness of the final data may be neat to someone who wants track video but not enough for someone who wants to make a useful interpretation of the data.

It's a cool feature but I wonder what the option price will be compared to an after market system?

[edit] I watched the toolbox video and it seems better there but seems like lags in data points are pretty big.

Yeah, I keep wondering why GM didn't put a faster processor in the infotainment system. I feel they really cheaped out here because the interface is actually very basic and doesn't do much. Yet, it lags in nearly everything. I'm a UI software engineer and I know what it takes to make an interface do what it's supposed to do as far as performance and efficiency. Either they used the slowest processor they could get away with or they have an extremely inefficient system.

I read a bit about the API for the MyLink system and it seems it's mostly HTML5/JS which means that they're using something with less processing power than a phone or they decided not to use an efficient rendering engine. That's pretty disappointing.

wan65 06-16-2014 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by ersin (Post 1585835749)
Nah. It goes straight to the NSA.

Just kidding. LOL.

Cheers.

It wouldn't surprise me if it did, have you seen were nsa can listen to you through an I-phone even when its in idle mood, "not using it".