CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3393935-c6-kooks-headers-and-mp-112-supercharger.html)

C6vettegfw 12-23-2013 12:54 PM

C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I just recently bought a 06 C6. I'm buying a magnuson mp-112 supercharger and also a set of kooks long tube headers. I'm wondering if I can put them both on the same time and just do the tune once or do I have to put them on separately and tune separately. If that's the case which order should I go with. Also she already has the corsa exhaust with x pipe. Thanks guys any feed back will be much appreciated.

smurfkiller 12-23-2013 02:42 PM

install everything at once and tune it once. where are you located?

peter pan 12-23-2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by smurfkiller (Post 1585743341)

:iagree:Always best to do all the mods at once so you only need to tune it once:rock:

C6vettegfw 12-23-2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by smurfkiller (Post 1585743341)

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually from Canada, the province of Newfoundland. We don't have a tune shop here so would magnuson be able to do the tune themselves after the install. I guess I would have to tell them all the additional mods as we'll right??

vettekid05 12-23-2013 11:34 PM

Get the tvs2300 heartbeat

C6vettegfw 12-23-2013 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 1585745659)
:iagree:Always best to do all the mods at once so you only need to tune it once:rock:

Just a another quick question. What kind of rwhp and what kind of crank horse power numbers should I expect with this setup??

ZR1-ab 12-24-2013 12:34 AM

Hp

Originally Posted by c6vettegfw (Post 1585747432)
just a another quick question. What kind of rwhp and what kind of crank horse power numbers should i expect with this setup??

505 hp

tlove32 12-24-2013 09:29 PM

The 112 is a very small supercharger. If you're deadest on getting a pd blower, get the tvs-2300

C6vettegfw 12-25-2013 01:58 AM

Hi bud. We'll what's the big differences between the mp-112 and the tvs 2300???

old motorhead 12-25-2013 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw (Post 1585755019)
Hi bud. We'll what's the big differences between the mp-112 and the tvs 2300???

Bigger/more efficient blower. Better intercooler system. If you're good with 500rwhp, the 112 is not a bad way to go. The TVS2300 can do 650 to 700 at the wheels without breathing hard:cheers:

ButWhatDoIKnow 12-25-2013 10:42 AM

:cool:Sounds cool!:thumbs:

Keep us posted with the build. Can you supply us with before/after times?

2vettes 12-25-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw (Post 1585742555)
Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I just recently bought a 06 C6. I'm buying a Magnuson mp-112 supercharger and also a set of kooks long tube headers. I'm wondering if I can put them both on the same time and just do the tune once or do I have to put them on separately and tune separately. If that's the case which order should I go with. Also she already has the Corsa exhaust with x pipe. Thanks guys any feed back will be much appreciated.

I have that set up. I only got 478 rear wheel hp at 7 lbs. boost.

I already had my LT headers, but Lingenfelter installed the M112. Don't forget, the "Maggie" will not fit under the stock hood; you will need a high rise hood.

Does your Magnuson M112 kit come with a Ken Belle boost-a-pump, bigger fuel injectors, bigger serpentine belt, expansion tank, 60 degree thermostat, etc? The power steering reserve was relocated to passenger side of the engine. Here's how it looks in mine.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...psaec2c659.jpg

Don't forget other gauges: I have a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...0B21750781.jpg[/URL]

C6vettegfw 12-26-2013 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by 2vettes (Post 1585757542)
I have that set up. I only got 478 rear wheel hp at 7 lbs. boost.

I already had my LT headers, but Lingenfelter installed the M112. Don't forget, the "Maggie" will not fit under the stock hood; you will need a high rise hood.

Does your Magnuson M112 kit come with a Ken Belle boost-a-pump, bigger fuel injectors, bigger serpentine belt, expansion tank, 60 degree thermostat, etc? The power steering reserve was relocated to passenger side of the engine. Here's how it looks in mine.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...psaec2c659.jpg

Don't forget other gauges: I have a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...0B21750781.jpg[/URL]

I have no idea my friend I was just going to buy the mp-112 kit directly from magnuson. So whatever comes with that kit I'll have. Haven't bought it yet. Nice pics though. All I know is that they said everything I need is included with the kit.

old motorhead 12-26-2013 08:30 AM

I'd buy an MP112 only if I could get it for less than half the price of a TVS2300.....and then I wouldn't buy it if I EVER wanted more than 500rwhp. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'd sell a kidney, rob the kid's college fund, sell the wife's jewelry...well, you get the picture.

Then there's that new hood thing. With paint, cost of the hood, freight, and aggravation factor, that can get pricey too. An Edelbrock EForce or Magnuson Heartbeat will fit under your stock hood. You'd have to swap to LS3 heads to get the Heartbeat to work. Swap to LS3 heads is still cheaper than a hood swap. Some of the aftermarket hoods look hideous and don't fit well either. Just a few things to think about:cheers:

2vettes 12-26-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw (Post 1585760550)
I have no idea my friend I was just going to buy the mp-112 kit directly from Magnuson. So whatever comes with that kit I'll have. Haven't bought it yet. Nice pics though. All I know is that they said everything I need is included with the kit.

If you're buying direct from Magnuson you'll be fine; they have a great reputation. I just looked online at their kit specs and you get everything you need for the supercharger. You will still need a hi-rise hood; you can verify that with them.

Best wishes. :cheers:

2vettes 12-26-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 1585760905)
I'd buy an MP112 only if I could get it for less than half the price of a TVS2300.....and then I wouldn't buy it if I EVER wanted more than 500rwhp. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'd sell a kidney, rob the kid's college fund, sell the wife's jewelry...well, you get the picture.

Then there's that new hood thing. With paint, cost of the hood, freight, and aggravation factor, that can get pricey too. An Edelbrock EForce or Magnuson Heartbeat will fit under your stock hood. You'd have to swap to LS3 heads to get the Heartbeat to work. Swap to LS3 heads is still cheaper than a hood swap. Some of the aftermarket hoods look hideous and don't fit well either. Just a few things to think about:cheers:

These supercharger systems are designed to retain factory-like drivability and reliability. Could it be tweaked for more boost and hp? Sure it can. Just remember, the strain on your car's components increases as you add and actually use the increased hp and torque. Then, you're into stronger clutches, suspensions, rear ends, etc.

Did you see the thread this past week by the guy who blew his engine at the track? That gets really expensive!

I knew that there were more powerful superchargers when I opted for the M112 over 5 years ago. Was I going to use the extra power? The TVS superchargers weren't out yet, but there was the M122; it had more hp, but all of the increased torque would have been at the high end where I probably wouldn't find it as useful.

I've been running the M112 for just over 5 years, and have over 50k miles since its installation. No problems and no maintenance required yet.

As is, mine has a lot power than stock and is still very streetable. I've asked numerous people who have commented on my system if they've ever driven one like mine? or if they're just impressed by big numbers for bigger bragging rights? There's no right or wrong answer, you do what's good for you.

old motorhead 12-26-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2vettes (Post 1585761115)
These supercharger systems are designed to retain factory-like drivability and reliability. Could it be tweaked for more boost and hp? Sure it can. Just remember, the strain on your car's components increases as you add and actually use the increased hp and torque. Then, you're into stronger clutches, suspensions, rear ends, etc.

Did you see the thread this past week by the guy who blew his engine at the track? That gets really expensive!

I knew that there were more powerful superchargers when I opted for the M112 over 5 years ago. Was I going to use the extra power? The TVS superchargers weren't out yet, but there was the M122; it had more hp, but all of the increased torque would have been at the high end where I probably wouldn't find it as useful.

I've been running the M112 for just over 5 years, and have over 50k miles since its installation. No problems and no maintenance required yet.

As is, mine has a lot power than stock and is still very streetable. I've asked numerous people who have commented on my system if they've ever driven one like mine? or if they're just impressed by big numbers for bigger bragging rights? There's no right or wrong answer, you do what's good for you.

The TVS2300 will do everything the MP112 will do and run cooler and return more power per lb of boost. The base unit will get you probably in the neighborhood of 500rwhp. If you like it there, leave it there. If you want more, it's a pulley swap away. Buying old technology for a few hundred less than current stuff is just backwards thinking. Nothing "wrong" with an MP112....there's just better available for just a few dollars more. If you ever have to get rid of your charger or sell your car, you'll get that little extra back + some.

I'd do a little shopping before buying direct from Magnuson. PM me for details. The guy I use isn't a forum sponsor. I'd bet he can get you into a TVS for what Magnuson wants for an MP112. Or an Edelbrock EForce would be a good, no hood required, option. That's really a no brainer.

meadowz06 12-26-2013 07:40 PM

Don't get all caught up in the bigger blower hype. I had a MP112 on my C5 and it ran great. You will need a new hood to clear the supercharger. Once you get over 450-500 crank horsepower, hooking up from a dead stop becomes impossible anyways. I was making 570hp at the crank with a MP112 in my C5, and it was pretty damn fast!
Good luck.
:cheers: