CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3389778-c6-chase-and-crash-in-l-a-on-friday-night.html)

Jeff-Ford 12-14-2013 09:07 PM

Shooting was justified the idiot tried to run. The guy broke several laws and then gets out and runs. Im sure there was some serious yelling/warning prior to the shooting and the idiot ignored it. What if the guy had a gun and got one shot off and killed a police officer cause they waited after a 1 hr chase and then the guy tried to run. To me that's just crazy and crazy is unpredictable. Good funkin riddance. COPS deal with enough crap. :pistols:

hotrodln 12-14-2013 09:16 PM

Do we know if the car had been stolen? Maybe it wasn't being driven by a "corvette owner"

Maligator 12-14-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by woodman300 (Post 1585676860)
there is no way to justify shooting an unarmed suspect in the back several times as he is running away. .

Really...............

how about a MMA, soldier who suffered from PTSD and not prescribed the right meds, didnt take his meds, took too much of his meds where his hands alone are deadly weapons. You and your wife are out for a nice stroll down the street and he comes along after a police chase and snaps your neck like a twig. Now your viewpoint is different, now deadly force is ok because you are the victim. I know this video looks sh!tty, but im going to give them the benefit of the doubt until the release of the findings from the investigation say otherwise. Why? Because ive been in these stressful spots where you have to make a split second decision. Im not condoning bad cops, bc im not one of them. 13 years as a cop and my record is spotless bc of good decision making.............

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford (Post 1585676983)
Shooting was justified the idiot tried to run. The guy broke several laws and then gets out and runs. Im sure there was some serious yelling/warning prior to the shooting and the idiot ignored it. What if the guy had a gun and got one shot off and killed a police officer cause they waited after a 1 hr chase and then the guy tried to run. To me that's just crazy and crazy is unpredictable. Good funkin riddance. COPS deal with enough crap. :pistols:

whats that free coffee and meals at all the diners:lol:and get to chase people and even shoot them for fun a real live video game

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Maligator (Post 1585677046)
Really...............

how about a MMA, soldier who suffered from PTSD and not prescribed the right meds, didnt take his meds, took too much of his meds where his hands alone are deadly weapons. You and your wife are out for a nice stroll down the street and he comes along after a police chase and snaps your neck like a twig. Now your viewpoint is different, now deadly force is ok because you are the victim. I know this video looks sh!tty, but im going to give them the benefit of the doubt until the release of the findings from the investigation say otherwise. Why? Because ive been in these stressful spots where you have to make a split second decision. Im not condoning bad cops, bc im not one of them. 13 years as a cop and my record is spotless bc of good decision making.............

:iagree:your 1 in a million:thumbs: maybe 10

petsur 12-14-2013 09:26 PM

What if God gave you a brain?? We deal with you.....????

ls1121 12-14-2013 09:26 PM

you my friend are a moron, this cop murdered this poor ba$tard, just think some day this may be you. :thumbs:

ls1121 12-14-2013 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1585676977)
and now we know the reason for the trying to out run and the run, the guy new he was running for his life:crazy2:

Yes because like NY and NJ CA is a Police State, one of the reasons I Left NJ. This guy had his hands up and they shot him, Disgraceful and cowardly. :ack:

If he was Black the media would be all over this Jessie and that other idiot sharpton, poor hispanics have nobody. Maybe Fox news will step up? I can only hope.

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:29 PM

i could have understood if the guy was 13 had a toy gun without the orange toy plugged barrel, but this guy had no gun:lol:

Maligator 12-14-2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1585677108)
:iagree:your 1 in a million:thumbs: maybe 10

I hope thats not the case.............they pay us very, very well and require the same, id like to think im just like every other cop...........

I like you plate btw:cheers:

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ls1121 (Post 1585677139)
Yes because like NY and NJ CA is a Police State, one of the reasons I Left NJ. This guy had his hands up and they shot him, Disgraceful and cowardly. :ack:

I wonder why everybody goes to Roanoke, Bedford or Lynchburg fron n.j.:thumbs:MY WIFE LOVED THE BINGO IN THAT TOWN

Maligator 12-14-2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1585677086)
whats that free coffee and meals at all the diners:lol:and get to chase people and even shoot them for fun a real live video game

well its only coffee now, and I still pay for it................or like last night, I pay'd it forward and gave it to the person behind me. Of course, I still got dirty looks..................SMH

ls1121 12-14-2013 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1585677157)
I wonder why everybody goes to Roanoke, Bedford or Lynchburg fron n.j.:thumbs:MY WIFE LOVED THE BINGO IN THAT TOWN

Yes the only problem is we can't find anyone to play the knockout game with. maybe i should go play in Newark or Jersey City, Paterson or the Oranges. Oh how I miss NJ.

ls1121 12-14-2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Maligator (Post 1585677046)
Really...............

and you may be one good cop but this video is as plain as day. He had his hands in the air and they shot him. I would love to be alone in a room with this guy.

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maligator (Post 1585677147)
I hope thats not the case.............they pay us very, very well and require the same, id like to think im just like every other cop...........

I like you plate btw:cheers:

Im just playing devils advocate here, I know a lot of good officers and a few bad, like anything else, but I cant agree on shooting if no gun was seen, also I loved the Dukes of Hazzard Smokey and the Bandit and loved that kind of **** and often built cars to out run the state police for fun, I got shot at but never hit, thats when they all carried snub nose 38:lol:

Rky Mtn C6 12-14-2013 09:42 PM

I can't tell if he has anything in his hands or not, so how can anybody say he didn't have anything in his hands. Before he goes down it looks like both hands go to his waist. Police could have suspected he was reaching for a weapon. Why was he running? What crimes did he commit prior to the chase? We don't know. We weren't there, so we shouldn't make judgements. As Dr. Phil says "When you choose the behavior, you also choose the consequences." :yesnod:

dennis50nj 12-14-2013 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ls1121 (Post 1585677174)
Yes the only problem is we can't find anyone to play the knockout game with. maybe i should go play in Newark or Jersey City, Paterson or the Oranges. Oh how I miss NJ.

I fully understand, I am from south jersey a piney, I dont like those cities either,

AK47 12-14-2013 09:43 PM

why was he running? his car?

Maligator 12-14-2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by ls1121 (Post 1585677190)
and you may be one good cop but this video is as plain as day. He had his hands in the air and they shot him. I would love to be alone in a room with this guy.

BUT I still want to see the report, I want to know what the justification is. If hes in the wrong, and trigger happy, please leave, you are making us look bad. And if thats the case, ill buy the room and we can split it, bc im sick and tired of bad cops making the 99% of us look bad..........

lower standards and lower pay bring sht cops; pay them well and require a degree with good grades and holy sht you have good cops that dont do stupid sht................ Not that LAPD does that, or that this/they cops did the wrong thing; but just as people on here are quick to hang these guys, im quick to give them the benefit of the doubt and a fact finding investigation to what happened. Most, or all, had in car cameras, lets see what they see and what the justification is..............

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-14-2013 09:46 PM

I am going to address a couple of things for those of you that say "they were not judge jury and executioner". That is exactly what you are doing to them and you were thousands of miles away watching from a zoom lens from a helicopter.

Second, this guy "had his hands up"????? Watch the video again and think about 2 scenarios that MAY have been: 1) As the guy was jumping out of his car, at the point of him dropping to his knees, was he not bending foreword as if he was hit in the belly or leg?? If he was hit in the back initially would't he go more upright?? tap, punch or tickle someone in the back, do they bend over foreword or arch their back backwards? 2) If he was bending foreword, if not shot, could he have been possibly grabbing for a weapon in his waistband/belly area??

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BY WATCHING FROM THE TV!