CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3389778-c6-chase-and-crash-in-l-a-on-friday-night.html)

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 01:02 PM

This is what we are dealing with on CF?? seriously? Dennis, either you are the biggest liar on earth, or the morons of all morons. It's all the police officers fault that all bad things happen to you... Yes, we believe all those stories especially the cop snorting lines off the bar in public view never thinking he would be caught. (I'm sure some bad cops do coke somewhere in america, but to have us believe he was doing lines off a bar top next to you in public view either makes you think were stupid, or makes you, well, we know....

Originally Posted by dennis50nj (Post 1585687759)
of course I have had my bouts with the law, I remember when the N.J. STATE POLICE drove up the curb over the sidewalk and shot at me over a not appearing in court for a bald tire ticket. true story:yesnod: and when I was watching my sons band playing at the bar and the cop sitting next to me snorting lines off the bar:crazy2: he eventually got thrown off the force after 20 years, of illegal activity, or even the time, I pulled a gun on a pack of gangsters that tried to rob me at a motel I owned, the cops took them in, the gangsters gave fake names Rickey Nelson was one:lol:and let them go. then the cops hassled me for protecting myself, two hours later the cops came back, wanting to know if i new who they were, it seems that after the release the pistol whipped an old lady at a Cumberland farms and robbed them. and yes the united states is turning into a police state more and more each day.:thumbs: and after all that I still have police friends, 50% are doing there job and do it with honor and really care about people, 50% are scum and are milking the system, the sentence for fleeing or out running a cop is a felony, 5 years, not a death penalty buy cops :thumbs:

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585687806)
Something smells fishy here....not sure I buy it. Good luck and I hope that one day, you won't be unjustifiably picked on anymore.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LawrenceFromTorrance 12-16-2013 01:15 PM

Well, I've read the responses. We seem to have 3 cases
1) Cop's murder unarmed man
2) Cop's were justified because of the way he was driving and moving
3) Don't really want to make a decision yet

I think somebody should start a survey where we vote one way or another because I would like to get a general consensus.

PS If you have ever been affiliated with the police then maybe 4-6 choices

4) Cop's murder unarmed man and I am/have been affiliated with a police force.
5) Cop's were justified and I am/have been affiliated with a police force.
6) Don't really want to make a decision yet and I am/have been affiliated with a police force.

I would start the survey but not time because I'm doing my finals at school.

HOXXOH 12-16-2013 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by HOXXOH (Post 1585685136)
Obviously he was not law abiding, because he was running. No question about that part.
It's a simple military tactic to surround the enemy and cut off any escape route. Even grade school kids playing football learn to do that. It doesn't take but a few seconds to observe the surroundings and there was plenty of time to create a secure perimeter while he was still in the car. So the real question remains why there was no attempt to capture him alive when it was well within the realm of
easy capabilities.

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh (Post 1585685703)
In the video posted above, look at second 46, as soon as he starts getting out of the vehicle there is a sort of ricochet from the car and his head ducks, so that is a strong possibility.

MILITARY TACTICS ARE NOT WHAT LAW ENFORCEMENT ENACT, period! You never surround a suspect cause that creates crossfire!!!

3. "No attempt to capture him alive" FALSE they tried for over an hour to get him to stop, and even after the crash witnesses heard cops yelling stop, get down, don't move....

It looks like you have conflicting statements.

If post-crash, the cops were yelling "get down, don't move", yet you believe there might have been shots fired upon first exiting the car. How do you "get down" before you get out? The only "witnesses" other than police to hear anything were dashcams. If the first shot was fired while he was staggering toward the back of the car, any attempt at a live capture had already been compromised.

I assume you've never had any military training, played sports, or chased anyone for any reason, because surrounding a suspect to be captured does not require encircling with people, but merely cutting off an escape route. Police had secured positions to the East, West, and South. The block long Bank of America building restricted the NE quadrant, but the NW quadrant was left wide open for possible escape. The only opportunity for crossfire would have been for him to go directly South toward the police and they would have been the only ones to shoot. Of course, exiting the car gave him no other direction to go.

I'm quite sure there will be a serious investigation and questions about protocol, before this is over. The key points will be, when was the first shot fired and why containment was not established for a live capture.

bobeast 12-16-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585687806)
Something smells fishy here....not sure I buy it. Good luck and I hope that one day, you won't be unjustifiably picked on anymore.

:iagree: This is the part where the serial felon or the crack mom goes on Dr. Phil, and tells everyone what a good person they are.

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 01:40 PM

Another example of "it can only be one way, the way i think, that is correct". In one of the videos in this thread there was a young man interviewed that heard 4-5 shots AND police yelling to get down. So there were people around.
There are almost always commands given even WITH other actions. If you shoot someone and they are still moving, you still shout commands of compliance and then proceed. For instance, 1-2 shots hit him in stomach as soon as he gets out of car, he still continues behind car and police yell, GET DOWN! then more shots since he didn't get down.
People DO get shot and not die, so after shots there still could have been attempts at a live capture.
Your whole paragraph about surrounding makes no sense so i won't even respond to that.

Do you people not get it yet that there ARE other POSSIBILITIES?!?!?
We have to wait for the EVIDENCE TO SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Originally Posted by HOXXOH (Post 1585688056)
It looks like you have conflicting statements.

If post-crash, the cops were yelling "get down, don't move", yet you believe there might have been shots fired upon first exiting the car. How do you "get down" before you get out? The only "witnesses" other than police to hear anything were dashcams. If the first shot was fired while he was staggering toward the back of the car, any attempt at a live capture had already been compromised.

I assume you've never had any military training, played sports, or chased anyone for any reason, because surrounding a suspect to be captured does not require encircling with people, but merely cutting off an escape route. Police had secured positions to the East, West, and South. The block long Bank of America building restricted the NE quadrant, but the NW quadrant was left wide open for possible escape. The only opportunity for crossfire would have been for him to go directly South toward the police and they would have been the only ones to shoot. Of course, exiting the car gave him no other direction to go.

I'm quite sure there will be a serious investigation and questions about protocol, before this is over. The key points will be, when was the first shot fired and why containment was not established for a live capture.

hyteck9 12-16-2013 01:41 PM

I think we need to be a bit more clear on those options...

Cops shoot fleeing unarmed old man IN THE BACK.

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by hyteck9 (Post 1585688138)
I think we need to be a bit more clear on those options...

Cops shoot feeling unarmed man IN THE BACK.

Someone already said it was reported he was shot in the stomach...

PS I don't think they were feeling him in the back... :D

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 01:51 PM

What's even more funny than some of the obviously biased posts on here will be IF the evidence shows the cops were justified, all the cop haters on here will blame a conspiracy of citizen hushers lying about what happened to keep oppressing the city of LA and give the LAPD executioner powers... Just like dennisnj blames nj police for all his troubles... :rofl::rofl:

hyteck9 12-16-2013 01:59 PM

The entire thing is crazy..
Old guy has hour long chase , gets Tboned by another car running a red light at high speeds, and is shot hobbling away from the scene. 1,000 things are wrong with this story

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by hyteck9 (Post 1585688250)
The entire thing is crazy..
Old guy has hour long chase , gets Tboned by another car running a red light at high speeds, and is shot hobbling away from the scene. 1,000 things are wrong with this story

LMAO stop starting trouble. He sped through a red light and he T-boned the other car! :rofl:

HOXXOH 12-16-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh (Post 1585688134)
Another example of "it can only be one way, the way i think, that is correct". In one of the videos in this thread there was a young man interviewed that heard 4-5 shots AND police yelling to get down. So there were people around.
There are almost always commands given even WITH other actions. If you shoot someone and they are still moving, you still shout commands of compliance and then proceed. For instance, 1-2 shots hit him in stomach as soon as he gets out of car, he still continues behind car and police yell, GET DOWN! then more shots since he didn't get down.
People DO get shot and not die, so after shots there still could have been attempts at a live capture.
Your whole paragraph about surrounding makes no sense so i won't even respond to that.

Do you people not get it yet that there ARE other POSSIBILITIES?!?!?
We have to wait for the EVIDENCE TO SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

You obviously think I have a biased opinion blaming the police for shooting the guy and therefore assume I'm not open to other possibilities. You couldn't be farther from the truth.
The only thing I've ever stated was that the perimeter was never secured to attempt a live capture. It's an irrefutable fact and a point you fail to comprehend.
As for the credibility of that young man, not visible in the video, who heard 4-5 shots and police yelling, lets wait on the multiple dashcam's version of the sequence of events, before making that one of your talking points.

hyteck9 12-16-2013 02:25 PM

No, his light was green. Check jalopnik web site

hyteck9 12-16-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by hyteck9 (Post 1585688433)
No, his light was green. Check jolopnick web site

link ...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/cor...oot-1483196280

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 02:31 PM

LMAO. So you don't believe someone 5 feet away?

I say your opinion is biased because you are obviously doubting police actions on the procedures that are in place to protect them because, hey, they're the police and they chose to protect and serve.

The perimeter being secure IS NOT A POLICE PROCEDURE in these situations. Where are you getting your procedures from? The safety of the officers and public is first priority, not surrounding a perpetrator. Maybe you're confusing this situation with, possibly a situation where a perp is known to be in a area so a perimeter is set up to prevent escape until a specialized unit goes in to search?? IDK what you are thinking of, but in a situation like this you DON'T surround a suspect...

Originally Posted by HOXXOH (Post 1585688425)
You obviously think I have a biased opinion blaming the police for shooting the guy and therefore assume I'm not open to other possibilities. You couldn't be farther from the truth.
The only thing I've ever stated was that the perimeter was never secured to attempt a live capture. It's an irrefutable fact and a point you fail to comprehend.
As for the credibility of that young man, not visible in the video, who heard 4-5 shots and police yelling, lets wait on the multiple dashcam's version of the sequence of events, before making that one of your talking points.

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by hyteck9 (Post 1585688480)

I thought you were messing around. :rofl: I see that video and it actually DOES look like he had a green, but if thats the case, why is the car going in the opposite lane stopped as if it is a red light? (facing him)

hyteck9 12-16-2013 02:41 PM

I don't know why the other car ran a red light at incredibly high speeds...

Maybe it was an unmarked cruiser trying to join the chase?

NY3quartrs5-oh 12-16-2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by hyteck9 (Post 1585688551)
I don't know why the other car ran a red light at incredibly high speeds...

Maybe it was an unmarked cruiser trying to join the chase?

no, i mean the car stopped for several seconds in the opposite lane facing the corvette?

hyteck9 12-16-2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh (Post 1585688538)
I thought you were messing around. :rofl I see that video and it actually DOES look like he had a green, but if thats the case, why is the car going in the opposite lane stopped as if it is a red light? (facing him)

Because there were 10 police cars with lights flashing and sirens blaring heading straight for him!! :D

Jeff-Ford 12-16-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh (Post 1585688538)
I thought you were messing around. :rofl I see that video and it actually DOES look like he had a green, but if thats the case, why is the car going in the opposite lane stopped as if it is a red light? (facing him)

probably because he saw 25 COP cars with lights on heading his way. That's only a guess though :)