CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Why do some wide body owners look down on the narrow body? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3389633-why-do-some-wide-body-owners-look-down-on-the-narrow-body.html)

Senecagreen 12-13-2013 07:07 PM

Why do some wide body owners look down on the narrow body?

I think both models drip high performance when you look at them.

I think the wide body with the flared fenders and wider wheels and tires and the vents looks more muscular/faster. I am assuming that's part of the appeal. And they are more suitable for the track with the stiffer suspension.

I own a 2010 3LT coupe narrow body with the NPP and think it is an awesome car. Of course it had to be torch red with black leather lol
I like the softer ride as I take long road trips to interesting places.

I also agree 90 percent of the public can't tell the difference if the cars are not side by side. After all the physical difference in width is 3.3"

Each car is more suited than the other depending on what you are going to use it for.

I think both models are awesome and if I wasn't using the car for long road trips I could have been just as happy with a wide body. I don't think we should be snubbing each other over our choices. GM knows that different people want different things and so they give us 3 choices in corvettes.

I get lots of compliments on my car and the classic sleek looks of the narrow body will never go out of style just as the muscular look of the wide body will never go out of style. Do you ever get tired of looking at your car? lol

And of course everybody knows the narrow bodies are faster ;-)
less wind resistance....(joke) Don't start flaming me haha

Mr.Impulse 12-13-2013 07:13 PM

There's a narrow body Corvette?

:confused:

MikeERWNC 12-13-2013 07:21 PM

The funny thing is, that the general driving public has no clue the difference between narrow, wide body, C6, C5, C4...

It is just a Corvette. The car which small penis'd, douche bags drive.
So no matter what Corvette we drive we should all just get along.

dvilin 12-13-2013 07:31 PM

:confused2:

Nice Ride 12-13-2013 07:41 PM

Do you like your coffee black or with cream?

billyboy47 12-13-2013 07:41 PM

i'm not sure why some grand sport guys put the base car down, but this much ican say, things will change if the 014 z comes in the same body style as the new base models. i haven't heard if they're going to make the wide body in the new model cars. if they plan on doing so maybe someone out there can enlighten me. i hope they do because i think the new style would look great in wide body. i have the base 2lt and i was thinking of trading up for the g.s. but thought better of it due to maybe going with the new style vette. it looks awesome in person.:cheers:

Johnny_B_Good 12-13-2013 07:59 PM

For most it's all about looks. Not sure if wide body Vette owners put down the narrow body Vettes, but I can say this, I’ve seen both car savvy enthusiasts and non-car people alike swoon over the wide body Vette and not give more than a passing glance to other Vettes regardless of the year or style or how shiny it may be.
The kick-ass aggressive stance of the wide body can’t be overlooked. Is the narrow body faster? Who gives a rats rump since most cars are not tracked and going much beyond the speed limit will get your a$$ a ticket or worse.

thatonedude1 12-13-2013 08:00 PM

It's human nature (albeit a lousy one) to divide ourselves as many way as possible. I went to college, I'm better. You're short/fat/ugly, I'm tall, so I'm better. I got the V6/V8, not the little 4 cyl. I got the I phone 5. I have a BMW. We stayed at the four seasons. We ate at GlamGlam restaurant. Surgeon Magichands did my ACL repair. Many seem to like to say they have the best, and sometimes, they disparage what you have/did to make the point.

walleyejack 12-13-2013 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by thatonedude1 (Post 1585669453)
It's human nature (albeit a lousy one) to divide ourselves as many way as possible. I went to college, I'm better. You're short/fat/ugly, I'm tall, so I'm better. I got the V6/V8, not the little 4 cyl. I got the I phone 5. I have a BMW. We stayed at the four seasons. We ate at GlamGlam restaurant. Surgeon Magichands did my ACL repair. Many seem to like to say they have the best, and sometimes, they disparage what you have/did to make the point.

well said.. although i was going to the same thing in a differnet way because i went to Yale,,,,,,,,,not :cheers:

c6vette142dude 12-13-2013 08:06 PM

Doesn't bother me a bit.

ATC399 12-13-2013 08:33 PM

I guess I'm a fan boy I like all Vettes

ls1121 12-13-2013 09:33 PM

I like all corvettes all shapes, sizes, years, colors and yes I like Camaros also. In every community there are different types of people big ones, small ones, fat ones, skinny ones and Yes there are even a$$holes it's just Human nature. :cheers:

Cedarberry 12-13-2013 09:38 PM

Aren't the narrow bodied cars more aerodynamic hence faster?

yamabob 12-13-2013 09:42 PM

Personally I think n the narrow body is a disgrace. Tar and feather them all. With my wide body I get tax rebates,song sung around campfires and I believe my hair is thicker.Narrow body-Yugo...I can't tell :)

They are ALL beautiful

noz34me 12-13-2013 09:44 PM

It's simple, really= = human nature like someone else said.

As humans, when we spend more for something that is similar to something else that is less expensive, generally speaking we want acknowledgement about our superiority. Unfortunately, when that recognition is not received we then move on to putting down the others vehicles helping them "see the light".

I think we are also seeing that amongst many of the new C7 owners.

And no, I'm not saying all wide body or all C7 owners are like that, but there's a lot that are.

Gotta-Qik-C7 12-13-2013 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cedarberry (Post 1585670078)
Aren't the narrow bodied cars more aerodynamic hence faster?

From what I've read they are!

ExRedRacer 12-13-2013 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by troller399 (Post 1585669641)
I guess I'm a fan boy I like all Vettes

This ^^^

RACE U 12-13-2013 10:07 PM

Just because someone owns a corvette, that doesn't mean they have class.

If they have that attitude, they are: 1) insecure, 2) have small manhood, and/or 3) just a general prick.

I wouldn't worry about it. I see comments on here everyday which prove there is definitely a "prick" of some and they just can't help themselves.

Rich Mickol 12-13-2013 10:07 PM

No problem with the "narrow body". Had two myself, an 05 and 07. This is from a current GS owner. I like them all. :thumbs:

saplumr 12-13-2013 10:10 PM

You have to look past the insecure ones.