CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3389213-c7-best-corvette-to-date-there-is-in-not-a-close-2nd.html)

jkcam6017 12-13-2013 07:47 AM

Dumbest thread to date, there is not even a close 2nd.

glad2hver 12-13-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by RMcoolX (Post 1585662848)
Doesn't seem that many LS3 C6 owners have migrated to the C7 yet, so I really appreciate when we can get an honest and in-depth opinion from one that has. I have yet to sit in a C7, much less drive one, but every time I get out of my C6 it's hard to imagine that there is anything greater.

I hope that I feel as you do when I do decide to go test drive one, which won't be until I'm seriously ready to consider purchasing. It certainly won't be the looks that pulls me from my C6, but I hope to be so amazed by the performance and technology that I happily trade my way into a C7.

Enjoy your ride! :thumbs:

I have a supercharged c6 z51 vert and I AM READY TO GO C7!!!!!! Now…..can anyone spare me the extra ~$40,000 I'll need? :D

StanNH 12-13-2013 08:31 AM

Every new generation of the Corvette is expected to be, and should be, an improvement over the generation it replaces. The C7 is a step forward from the C6, which was an improvement of the C5, etc.

That doesn't mean previous generations are not excellent cars, but they are typically behind the curve in technology and/or performance enhancements. I would agree that the C7 is the most advanced and highest performance version of the standard Corvette to yet be marketed.

However, based on my own experience with three different Corvettes that I have owned over the years, I would personally not again opt into the first model year of any Vette. The excitement of a new introduction is very compelling, and a strong lure for any Vette enthusiast. But, like any new Vette, the initial reviews and reports are overwhelmingly positive with very little objective criticism. That comes later. I have all the early road tests of the 2005 C6, and they are very similar to the reviews of the C7 in their praise of the car and its technological advances.

The C7 is an exciting Corvette with some really impressive features and performance numbers. I certainly understand why it is generating so much buzz and why early sales numbers are strong. It deserves that.

Judging the true success of the design and its staying power, however, will have to wait a while. The C7 will be around for a while, so I'll be curious as to how it holds up in the long run and what areas of the design will be improved as it evolves. So far, the design looks really good, marred only by some of the early QC issues which GM seems to be dealing with in a generally satisfactory manner.

The C7 should be the best Vette yet.

:cheers:

Garret 12-13-2013 08:45 AM

I like the C7, but I must disagree it's the BEST corvette to date. That is for sure your opinion, but I for one think the ZR1 is better in many ways over the C7 in performance alone and there are a few C2's like the 58 and 63 split window I would take any day of the week over a C7.

Enjoy the new ride and get a thicker skin when it comes to threads in here....people have opinions and you have to roll with this and just keep quiet. :)

DanTheFireman 12-13-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 55thunder (Post 1585663698)
After owning a 2LT '08, '09 z-06, and a '10 3ZR, I can't wait to pick my TR 2LT-Z51 up on Jan 2nd, pretty stoked to put some miles on it!

It's a tough call to let go of your Z and ZR (unless you're one of those lucky ones with lots of garage space). I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts in January.

W88fixer 12-13-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1585664348)
there are a few C2's like the 58 and 63 split window I would take any day of the week over a C7.

Enjoy the new ride and get a thicker skin when it comes to threads in here....people have opinions and you have to roll with this and just keep quiet. :)

I understand the nostalgia for the oldies but the ones you mentioned would be destroyed in any performance comparison with the C7, as it should be and can’t compare as a daily driver.

I do love seeing them on the road, few in numbers as they are. Don

red2012 12-13-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by jkcam6017 (Post 1585664049)
Dumbest thread to date, there is not even a close 2nd.

BS, and what perspective are you talking from. The ZR-1 is not a close second? How about the C7 is not a close second!

Goaty 12-13-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by girardta (Post 1585663151)
This afternoon I'm in the bank making a deposit when I hear a loud voice from my right: "So I want to know who has that red Corvette parked in front!" Car: $65,000 Reaction: Priceless

It's amazing how many people on these forums get off on the attention the Vette gets from strangers. That never mattered one bit to me, but you see it over and over again on these forums.

450hp mike9 12-13-2013 10:45 AM

The 1968 - 2007 never did it for me. I will be honest the whole corvette thing kind of turned me off to corvettes. I had this image of a guy with gold chains from the 80's. Sorry but a lot of my friends felt the same way. Tried Porsche , Ferrari, Shelby's but not corvettes. Now comes the C7 and all that past stuff is out the window. Maybe GM has finally found it's way. Hell I even have a 13 CTS coupe a great DD. I would have NEVER bought a Caddy in the past. Things change that's for sure. I think the thing that woke me up was the day GM invited me to drive the CTS V @ Road ATlanta on the track. That stills burns in my mind as an E ride @ Disney World. They also spent time in class explaining the technology in the Caddy. All I can say is GM got me back big time.

musclecar6 12-13-2013 11:49 AM

I agree the C7 is the best yet. As Tadge said quite accurately, the C6 is now obsolete( and even more so for every prior generation). The C7 has really upped the game more than any other and the proof is in the migration from other brands and demograpics. No longer is the vette viewed as the sole province of leisure suits and gold chains.

RJRSW 12-13-2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585665210)
It's amazing how many people on these forums get off on the attention the Vette gets from strangers. That never mattered one bit to me, but you see it over and over again on these forums.

:iagree: :D

I have been driving vettes since I was 17 and have now owned 25 of them from all of the first 6 generations. As far as attention from strangers from my personal experience it has always been that way in every generation to date. If there was one that got the most attention by far when I bought it was a brand new 68 convert in the fall of 67.

You would not believe the attention my 53 got, especially from the girls, when I was in high school but it has been a lot of years since needing or wanting to get attention was why I bought a vette.

I did learn one thing though after all these vettes after owning 4 first year cars from the first 6 generations the first year cars were by far the most troublesome and problematic of all that I have owned.

speedlink 12-13-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by loyalsince72 (Post 1585662856)
I'M WITH YOU!!! I know that nothing is perfect. Some folks have some serious problems, and I feel terrible for them. But I took delivery at the Museum on Monday (VIN 7845), I drove the car home to Arizona, and now have almost 1,900 miles on it. IT'S AMAZING. My C6s were great cars (2005, 2007 and 2008), but they DID NOT COMPARE to this one. I am in love like I haven't been when I bought my first Corvette: a 1972 roadster that I STILL HAVE, 41 years and 70,000 later.

Ignore the naysayers. There are "Debbie Downer's" everywhere. Don't let them harsh your mellow. Enjoy your car and love it like I love mine.

Guys like b4i4getit would complain if they were hung with a new rope!
:rock: :cheers: :woohoo: :cheers: :rock:

Good response. :iagree: We do have some very negative people that can't seem to satisfy their jealousy enough.:thumbs:

The rope comment is fitting.

beepster 12-13-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by StanNH (Post 1585664278)
Every new generation of the Corvette is expected to be, and should be, an improvement over the generation it replaces. The C7 is a step forward from the C6, which was an improvement of the C5, etc.

That doesn't mean previous generations are not excellent cars, but they are typically behind the curve in technology and/or performance enhancements. I would agree that the C7 is the most advanced and highest performance version of the standard Corvette to yet be marketed.

However, based on my own experience with three different Corvettes that I have owned over the years, I would personally not again opt into the first model year of any Vette. The excitement of a new introduction is very compelling, and a strong lure for any Vette enthusiast. But, like any new Vette, the initial reviews and reports are overwhelmingly positive with very little objective criticism. That comes later. I have all the early road tests of the 2005 C6, and they are very similar to the reviews of the C7 in their praise of the car and its technological advances.

The C7 is an exciting Corvette with some really impressive features and performance numbers. I certainly understand why it is generating so much buzz and why early sales numbers are strong. It deserves that.

Judging the true success of the design and its staying power, however, will have to wait a while. The C7 will be around for a while, so I'll be curious as to how it holds up in the long run and what areas of the design will be improved as it evolves. So far, the design looks really good, marred only by some of the early QC issues which GM seems to be dealing with in a generally satisfactory manner.

The C7 should be the best Vette yet.

:cheers:

Well stated!

As one of those C6 owners who have "invaded" this forum, I am only seeking info as I'm sure the C7 will grow on me in the same manner that the C6 did (after introduction). I also think it reasonable to expect the C7 will be refined in the coming model years in the same manner as previous generations...:D

Dan12 12-13-2013 12:54 PM

And I thought he was just in a no parking zone.

"Oh excuse me, can you please move your car"

glad2hver 12-13-2013 04:01 PM

Yep..
And in my area, the sight of a vette only means there is an aging American male in the area. No matter..
Folks here seem only to be interested in european cars, suv's and (of all things) jeeps.
go figure:crazy2:

Turbooo2u 12-13-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1585663682)
What makes it "light years ahead"?

I remember the build quality and engineering was profoundly better from C4 to C5. In my experience the C5 Z06 to C6 Z06 was marginally better in objective quality like 10-15% or so, until you got on a on a track, then the differences where far more apparent.

What exactly is the big difference with the new platform? Did you track your C6 Z06s? Have you tracked your C7 and noticed a difference?

:iagree:HOW and WHY is it light years ahead? I've had a number of C5s and C6s and recently drove a C7. If I said "wow, this is way better", I would have bought one. I haven't. I still think the BEST interior is the centennial edition C6 with the suede inserts, such a simple and elegant design. The most impressionable ride I've ever had was in a C6Z driven by a pro driver in the summer of 2005. I bought THAT car!:cheers:

Goaty 12-13-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u (Post 1585667901)
:iagree:HOW and WHY is it light years ahead? :

Lighter structure that's 50% stiffer. Interior that belongs in a 60k car. Seats that don't move while driving. Infotainment and electronics that compete with anything out there. Much improved low end power with significantly better fuel economy. It goes on and on.

I love my C6 and especially love the body style, and I'm fine with the seats, interior, power, etc but the C7 advances cannot be ignored.

Slappy3243 12-13-2013 04:28 PM

I do think it's the greatest Corvette overall and the new bar has been set, but I am not delusional and I don't think for a second it's the best performing Corvette ever built.

bikeriderga 12-13-2013 04:37 PM

Don't own one and do not plan on buying one within the next 2 years. But will own one in the future for sure.

Sat in my first one Wednesday. The car is simply amazing. Interior, exterior, what a beautiful Vette. Can't wait to actually drive one.

I have a C5Z06 and it makes me smile everytime I get behind the wheel.

svtkeith 12-13-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 3GenVettes (Post 1585663723)
In my view, I appreciate every generation of the Corvette.
And I've owned nearly every generation starting with the C2.
It's in my plans to add a C7 to my lifetime Corvette experiences.

The C7 is another nice vette, but light years ahead? :nono:

I agree well said...I can't get over the childish hate for anything but the C7 Corvette...come on people they're all Corvettes and beautiful in their own way..I will get a Hi-Perf C7 but love all Vettes from the past and in 10 years time I wil still love the C7 no matter what the new one looks or performes like..some of these posts are just grade 1 school yard BS....:crazy2: