CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Driving gloves? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3387764-driving-gloves.html)

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:16 PM

Driving gloves?

I can't help but want driving gloves for my new baby. Does anyone use driving gloves? I'm in the market for a good set of gloves for the lady. High quality is a must!

rcallen484 12-09-2013 10:17 PM

The last thread like this a while back didn't go over so well. :lurk:

Glen e 12-09-2013 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585638000)

I'm shocked....:rofl::rofl:

Sin City 12-09-2013 10:21 PM

No, and no condoms either. :)

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:24 PM

Come on guys you have to be open minded.. Nothing makes my neighbors more jealous than having to take the time to check tire pressure, walk around, 3x mirror check and finish off with throwing on a pair of fine driving gloves. It all has to be over the top.. Have you seen the new corvettes?

bevo_87 12-09-2013 10:27 PM

Dude, my wife or anybody who knows me would leave me if i walked around with a pair of "driving" gloves. It is not over the top, it is kind of .......won't say it. But, that is my thoughts and you asked what we thought. But, to each his own. Of course, unless your name is Jeff Gordon and you are talking about doing this on some sort of track...lol

SIN R G 12-09-2013 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bnel04 (Post 1585637984)
I can't help but want driving gloves for my new baby. Does anyone use driving gloves? I'm in the market for a good set of gloves for the lady. High quality is a must!

If you want driving gloves go ahead and get them. I am speaking for myself but I do think a few other guys here will agree me on this. If you wave at me wearing driving gloves "I am NOT waving back".

bbrown450 12-09-2013 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by bevo_87 (Post 1585638069)
Dude, my wife or anybody who knows me would leave me if i walked around with a pair of "driving" gloves. It is not over the top, it is kind of .......won't say it. But, that is my thoughts and you asked what we thought. But, to each his own. Of course, unless your name is Jeff Gordon and you are talking about doing this on some sort of track...lol

Been using them since my 84 Honda Accord..to each his own but they have been a part of my driving experience for to many years.

v26278 12-09-2013 10:30 PM

Righto old chap. Good pair will set you back a few quid.

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:30 PM

Who walks around with driving gloves? It's called driving gloves. Plus name one woman in her right mind would have anything negative to say about a man who drives a corvette. Most of the men on this page are old men. You can't say you bought this car because it's your "dream car" you dream of the attention you get in your corvette. Oh well I guess I'm solo on this adventure. I'll be sure to post pic of me with my gloves on..lol. Loosen up!

ssidekickbp 12-09-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by v26278 (Post 1585638089)

Lmao, perhaps a scorpion jacket from "Drive" is in order as well....

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by v26278 (Post 1585638089)

I do say my good man you are right about the quid.. It is a bit much.

Zymurgy 12-09-2013 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585638000)

:yesnod: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ng-gloves.html

BlueOx 12-09-2013 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bnel04 (Post 1585638097)
Who walks around with driving gloves? It's called driving gloves. Plus name one woman in her right mind would have anything negative to say about a man who drives a corvette. Most of the men on this page are old men. You can't say you bought this car because it's your "dream car" you dream of the attention you get in your corvette. Oh well I guess I'm solo on this adventure. I'll be sure to post pic of me with my gloves on..lol. Loosen up!

Yeah, this may not go well...:D

Hey, you wanna wear gloves, I say go for it. Just don't call them driving gloves unless you are at the track.

Just say your hands are cold or that you are starring in a movie.:thumbs:
http://gaspargloves.com/news/images/201109/drive_0.jpg

bevo_87 12-09-2013 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by SIN R G (Post 1585638083)
If you want driving gloves go ahead and get them. I am speaking for myself but I do think a few other guys here will agree me on this. If you wave at me wearing driving gloves "I am NOT waving back".

Xactly!!!

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:38 PM

Oh snap I totally forgot about the scarf and googles. Man I found this nice leather cap that puts this it all together. Thanks guys for the great advice. I hope you see me drive by with the proper driving gear.. While you check the internet for the "delivery date of your new corvette"

bevo_87 12-09-2013 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bnel04 (Post 1585638097)

hey, you asked....lol i just think it is ghey unless you are on a track and only when you get in the car and on the track. You said you would put them on as you walk around your car... Most of my neighbors would roll their eyes like wtf..... not, oh look at that cool corvette driver... you would be the talk of my cul du sac, but probably not in the way you would want. But, i live in Texas...lol

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585638139)
Yeah, this may not go well...:D Hey, you wanna wear gloves, I say go for it. Just don't call them driving gloves unless you are at the track. Just say your hands are cold or that you are starring in a movie.:thumbs:

Love it keep it coming!! That's the whole point of the thread.. Nothing piss off another person than doing something they would NEVER do in their new vette. Again that's why it's my new vette. I can do what I want.

chevyc4man 12-09-2013 10:42 PM

Driving gloves, that's funny

Bnel04 12-09-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bevo_87 (Post 1585638182)
hey, you asked....lol i just think it is ghey unless you are on a track and only when you get in the car and on the track. You said you would put them on as you walk around your car... Most of my neighbors would roll their eyes like wtf..... not, oh look at that cool corvette driver... you would be the talk of my cul du sac, but probably not in the way you would want. But, i live in Texas...lol

That's the point I want my neighbors to roll their freaking eyes out knowing I'm doing it exactly the opposite way they would do it. Oh wait that's right you dont have a corvette..hmm