CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Z06 (not Z07) Press Release and Teaser Image (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3384964-z06-not-z07-press-release-and-teaser-image.html)

Chicago1 12-04-2013 10:29 PM

I don't see it besting the zr1..More between the c6z and zr1..And why are people stuck on it having a ls7 or TT. I hope they take that ls7 motor and shoot it in a alley. SC here we come

b4i4getit 12-04-2013 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by harlold (Post 1585596251)
Most C6Z's I saw were in the $95k range the last few years. I think thats the range. 1000-1500 or so max production a year.

GM wants more market share for the C7 brand. It will definitely be under 100K. :thumbs:

burtonbl103 12-04-2013 10:47 PM

Cant wait to get mine !

dvandentop 12-04-2013 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flying24 (Post 1585592630)
A number of reports has the C7/Z06 at six figures for the base model.
GM will have to go to great length to reduce the curb weight, the base C7 is nearly 3500 lbs already. My current Z06 weight in at nearly 3100 lbs. My impression of the current C7 is that it's tire eating fuel drinking machine with lots of bells and whistles. I did a Spring Mountain level 3 class and the track was full of rubber marbles and before the day was over I always needed fuel. Also one had a motor go south, low oil pressure with a mean value train sound, never found out what exactly was wrong. It was on the next to last run of the last day there.

was this level 3 with the c7???

i cant wait to do level 3 in march with the c7 going to be a blast

keagan 12-04-2013 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585596172)
The Z06 will slaughter most anything out there. It will not be in the six figure range as some of you are guessing. Look for someone to say "if you could afford the old Z06 you can afford the new one." :thumbs:

Check my post 222 :thumbs: Guess we thinking alike.

C6Sixspeed 12-04-2013 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585592099)
You're right on sam.....that was just another failed attempt at a troll post by a bitter former Z06 owner.

How could anyone be bitter?? I'm a current Z06 owner and I can't freaking wait to see this thing! And hopefully in a year or two my current Z06 will have a baby brother parked next to it :rock:

dollarbill 12-05-2013 12:23 AM

Yep. I am thrilled. Remember the C5 Z06 and then the C6 Z06 and now the C7 Z06. You gotta love it. I think I'll pick up a clean black C5 Z06 to match up with my current black Z06 and then add a black C7 Z06. Great garage mates.

Beaz 12-05-2013 12:25 AM

-Base Price between 92-99k.
-Supercharged LT-1 called the LT-4
-585-605HP & 580-600TQ
-Wide Body with unique vents
-Carbon fiber aero
-0-60 in 3.0sec
-Mid to Low 10 Quarters stock with the best drivers
-Beats the ZR1 on the ring

sam90lx 12-05-2013 12:35 AM

Hope one makes it to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale on Jan 18. Sure Rick Hendrick grabs 00001.

pietro c7 12-05-2013 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by carl111 (Post 1585596347)
The price should be 15-20k more than a standard Z51, have to consider added brakes, suspension, warranty for added power, rear end, etc, if they do a Zo7 car with ceramics, better suspension, etc add another 15-20k, ZR1 territory, just add the lt you are ordering and add options from there, if a 1lt Z51 is 60k, add 20k non Zo7, if add Zo7 add another 20k, should be close on pricing! Just a thought

Spot on, I totally agree, but..Time will tell.
I don't see how they can , within 12 months, debut a car for 51 000 $....and then another for almost double the price?...They expect to build this generation for at least 7 years, what would they do for the remaining years to maintain momentum and interest?

Runs11s 12-05-2013 01:16 AM

Base price will be around $80k.
Put the "ZR1" goodies (ceramic, upgraded wheels and tires, carbon aero package, etc) on it and you will be $100k+.
I predict a variant of the 6L90 auto available, probably a 7 speed.
New Mag Ride will be standard.
No turbo, will be supercharged.
600-615 HP.
Lighter than the C7 coupe as well on similarly sized tires as the C6Z.
Driving down the weight, balancing the car, and enhancing handling are far more important than just big HP numbers in a track car.

Just read all what was said as targets for the C7, consider the logic in making a Z06 car that performs - AND SELLS- and you will see why these predictions make sense.

:cheers:

speedygc5 12-05-2013 01:21 AM

Can't wait!!!!

thedofuss 12-05-2013 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1585596378)
I don't see it besting the zr1..More between the c6z and zr1..And why are people stuck on it having a ls7 or TT. I hope they take that ls7 motor and shoot it in a alley. SC here we come

you may be correct, but i doubt it. read the few comments and implications as well, and this will be the fastest (0-60, etc) c-vette ever. they essentially said that. they are now going after the top 911s with their turbo boost, 6 cylinder--under 3 seconds; 2.999. they are coming off great momentum via the now aged C7. put wings on this neonate quadruped, and it will fly--thats my opine, anyway.

i havent even received my C7 yet, and i m seriously considering getting this new rocketship as well (probably arrive about the same time)--take them to the track, and answer all the questions first hand. go team USA! it wouldnt surprise me if the fed is funding this, so potus can demonstrate when they take over a company, big things happen...think about it! :flag: :flag: :flag:
zounds, what a theory! :yesnod:

ALLANB 12-05-2013 02:12 AM

Here is my wish list:
1. Want 7.0 litre NA 550 to 600 hp. Easily doable with direct injection, variable valve timing and other pretty basic NA tricks. No need to go FI on the z06 leave that for the ZR1 which should have 650 to 700 hp. And most high end cars are going to twin turbo over superchargers. Heck they could maybe even grow it to a 7.4 litre in the z06 over the model run. But would also still like to see at least a 6.2 in the zr1 as still nice to have some displacement even with FI.
2. Offer normal type brakes as think carbon ceramic may be like an 8k option and not sure how good they are on the street and what their replacement costs are like.
That could be one way to keep costs down with option on which brakes to get.
3. Offer Atomic Orange as color option. Love that color !
4. Should be lighter but not sure how much lighter they can get it. 3100 is a great weight ,3000 would be incredible weight . But not the end of the world if it comes in similar in weight to the current base cars.
5. Should offer it in vert form and would like to have removable roof but not sure how much this will compromise body integrity.
6. Try to keep it very similar in price to the last z06 pricing.
7. Sure it will look like a million bucks so not worried at all there. But maybe could have a few more specific for the z06 factory options. Carbon fiber back spoiler which likely they would have if they have carbon fiber skirts and maybe front splitter.
Maybe option to have body color matched lower rear valance. Maybe option for body color vents and scoop inlets. Maybe some higher quality simiar to Racemesh inserts with finishes like Black Chrome,etc.
8. Maybe an even cooler HUD then the base cars.
9. Oh and better have an auto option. Don't have to be clutch type auto can still be converter type with at least 7 speeds . The hill assist feature is a nice feature for the manuals and can't wait to try out a new 2014 with it. But nowadays most all the high end companies are going to automatics with manual shifting and some are even not offering full manual anymore. But its fine to have both choices. Just not fine to only offer manual.

Anyway can't wait to see this new car! I decided not to get a new c7 base car right away and just got my 07 911 turbo for now but definitely am looking at a c7 z06 for next car in the stable. Might even go to a zr1 but not really into waiting too many years either . I generally like to get a used one though to take advantage of what is normally some huge depreciation the first few years. Did just that on my sold last spring 08 z06. It was couple years old with like 5000 miles on it. Saved tens of thousands over new price.
But of course its also nice to order a brand new car and get it exactly as you want it for interior, color ,etc.

mark1107 12-05-2013 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1585593751)
Thanks for the kind words. Been busy supervising a new house I am building in Wellington, FL... Been very hard with the monitoring bracelet on.

Dude you were arrested for leaking photos for us of the C7???? Wtf:leaving:

thedofuss 12-05-2013 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585596389)
GM wants more market share for the C7 brand. It will definitely be under 100K. :thumbs:

or, they could produce some cars for sale. interesting to see how they accrue the revenue for so many "purchased", unproduced, cars. i believe they are on a calendar year basis, so their annual report will be out in a few months. i see a big push at year end to enable their recording of major revenue increases for the year--setting the stage for a multi-year play. common stock goes up, government sells their position, claims profitability on their bailout........and perhaps rightly so....yikes. i see a movie in their future. certainly beats "roger (smith) and me".

mark1107 12-05-2013 02:28 AM

If they make an automatic my dealer will have my deposit the same day as the reveal! :leaving:

Corvettinator 12-05-2013 02:44 AM

I remember seeing a Z06 Carbon Edition at my local dealer for $99K a few years back. 4 model years later, and they are going to make a better, faster, more advanced Z06 for less? :skep:

And yes, this has to be better than the best C6 Z06, even carbon.

I think HP will be about 550 - if it is N/A. But I have no idea if it is N/A.

It will smoke any mass production car on the track, but it will be slower than the AWD's (Porsche Turbo S and GT-R) 0-60.

My total guess is GM is lying their asses off about this being the final performance car. Yeah, for 2015 maybe. Raise your hand, base C7 owners, if you though a Z06 was coming in the second model year of C7. GM wants Z06 buyers thinking they are buying the fastest Vette ever to be made for the rest of time. :yesnod:

Maybe just wishful thinking, but I really think a ZR-1 is coming eventually. I mean, you really think GM shoots its wad on the Corvette - which averages like 9 years per edition - in the first 2 model years? Really, this is it? No more surprises for the next 5-6 years? No way. http://www.forumup.it/images/smiles/...spari_nono.gif

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal, despite hating the word "reveal" when used as a noun. :lol:

DanTheFireman 12-05-2013 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1585593751)
Thanks for the kind words. Been busy supervising a new house I am building in Wellington, FL... Been very hard with the monitoring bracelet on.

Hey neighbor, buy you a few (or several) beers? Hee hee...

jr3 12-05-2013 03:52 AM

I wonder if the Z06 will be a "stripper" track car like the Z/28... They use some of the same language they used when the Z/28 was introduced.

Promised to be "the most track-capable Corvette ever," the new Z06 (not Z07 as previously speculated) was "designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features."
If it is a "stripper".. That would be good news for the regular Stingray and the Z51... The Z06 would be available for track junkies and the Z51 and regular Stingray would be available for the average buyer that wants all the goodies / options.

2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 confirmed for Detroit Auto Show debut

http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/stor...Z06_teaser.jpg

As capable as the new Corvette Stingray is, and as many as Chevy has sold so far, we all knew it was only the beginning. The Stingray Convertible goes on sale later this month, but the version enthusiasts have really been looking forward to is the Z06. And soon the wait will be over.

Although Chevrolet hasn't released much in the way of details to go with the teaser shot you see above, it has confirmed that the new Corvette Z06 will be unveiled in full at the Detroit Auto Show next month. All we can really glean from the teaser image are the low-profile Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires on lightweight-looking alloys, as well as carbon-fiber side skirt and fender-flare extensions. Promised to be "the most track-capable Corvette ever," the new Z06 (not Z07 as previously speculated) was "designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features."

Once production gets under way late next year, it will join a growing family of performance Chevys, alongside the Camaro range, the new SS performance sedan, and of course the rest of the Corvette lineup. Scope out the press release below for the full text.