CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Prices falling fast on new C7's (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3376458-prices-falling-fast-on-new-c7s.html)

michaelinmech 11-18-2013 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by OBSSSD (Post 1585460517)
I think you'll see $5k off MSRP on end of year 14' models because demand is going to continue to outstrip supply by a greater amount each month - especially through the winter when Corvette sales drop significantly every year :yesnod:
:D

^ Say what ????? :confused2: So the more they produce, the lesser the supply? :eek:

rkelon 11-18-2013 04:12 PM

I could not wait, I had to buy one, with only a 2K discount. No regret. Money is paper, not fond of paper, I am fond of cars. I will trade the paper for the car any day.

WaxWeekly 11-18-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by rkelon (Post 1585460585)
Money is paper, not fond of paper, I am fond of cars. I will trade the paper for the car any day.

:iagree:

Well stated! :thumbs:

RedSeeSix 11-18-2013 04:23 PM

I'm waiting on the prices to come down more on the C6 and C7. No hurry here and I like both. There is a nice 2012 GS 3LT trim level with only 350 miles here in Houston for $49K (they would probably take $45K) but I can't see paying that when I can get a 2014 C7 non Z51 for $10K more when they start sitting on the lots soon.

Swath 11-18-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by genair (Post 1585458706)
It's not like it is in the US, GM is only allowing a very small number of units into Canada (I was told somewhere around 300 coupes) for 2014. Further, if you did not sell 4 units in 2013 (I believe that was the threshold) then you're not even allowed to order a 2014.

Pardon my ignorance - but is there any difference between a US Spec & Canadian Spec car? Why not just go over the border and buy a Vette and drive it back to Canada?

No worries, it's not ignorance to ask what seems like the most logical question. Dealers in the US have their hands tied, if they sell to a Canadian who does not have a residence in the US they can loose the ability to sell the car. Until this model release the list price of the Vette in Canada was US list + $10K penalty (I say penalty as there was not other explanation when the dollar has been at par or better for 3 years). It was tempting for someone like me to drive the 45 minutes and save the cash so all the manufacturers banned sales to "out of country residents".

I've bought most of my toys in the US and the paperwork to bring one back is easy, the issue is it has to be "used". With the used cars asking price over MSRP it makes no sense.

LIE2ME 11-18-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1585458010)
A few years? Try 3-5k off at the end of this years model run.

:iagree:...and that's about the time I'll be buying mine...:cheers:

LIE2ME 11-18-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by OBSSSD (Post 1585458435)
Most dealers are willing to do a better deal on a special order because they turn it immediately when they get it in :yesnod:

:iagree: Besides, if I understand dealer "hold back", the car cannot sit on the dealer's lot longer then something like 90 days, or there is no holdback paid. That is why a factory order is actually the best deal for the dealer and why at the end of the day, the buyer should be able to factory order most new American cars at somewhere near invoice...

Or something like that... :flag:

sting ya 11-18-2013 07:57 PM

C6's will drop at a faster rate than a c7, and it is proven in the for sale section.

robvuk 11-18-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silverblue (Post 1585460801)
:iagree:...and that's about the time I'll be buying mine...:cheers:

Yes, at the end of next summer you should be able to get at least 10% off msrp so I wouldn't pay a dime more. That's because you have to keep in mind that you're buying a car that's already a year old and the resale on it the very same day you drive off the lot will be the same as the guys that got one a month ago. :cheers:

BlueOx 11-18-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by OBSSSD (Post 1585457478)
Was offered $2500 off by a local dealer I know yesterday

He said he thought they would be selling them at invoice by spring of 2014 :eek:

Show us the quotes and the dealer's names of all these places where they are falling fast.

tooold2race 11-18-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by c5vette73 (Post 1585458366)
I gladly paid MSRP for my C7 and feel I'm getting every penny's worth of that suppossed $2K I may have overpaid.

Let's see, $2K amortized over 72 months.... oh no! $28/month.

There is no price for the excitement this car generates not only for me, but for all of those who have celebrated it with me.:thumbs:

By the way, for those so concerned about getting a good deal, it seems that's more important to them than actually getting the car.

You really hit it big time!!!! While they're sitting around waiting for the prices to drop, we're out there enjoying every mile. Oh.... and when the sticker price goes up a couple grand in the coming years (and we're thinking about replacing the tires on our Z51's) I can't wait to hear 'em bragging about getting a real deal on theirs. By the way, my local dealer already has one on the used car lot for a few dollars off the sticker and it only has 500 miles. Seems the buyer already upgraded to a Z51 'vert'. Life is short and you're goin' to be dead for a real long time....

30YR W8T 11-18-2013 09:29 PM

I am curious what will happen to the C7 pricing when the HP model like the Z06 comes out. I am also wondering if first gen owners will do the same thing and buy the body kit to convert what they have to look like the new performance model. I think someone has already made a wide body version and it will be interesting to see how close that one is to what GM releases. Going to be interesting to watch the C7 play out just like to was watching the evolution of the C6.

Mecholova 11-18-2013 09:51 PM

I think dealers trying to keep allocations ordered non Z51s hoping they would move quickly during the constraints. Now the driving seasons coming to a close for the north, they need to get them sold. Also second round allocations to dealers who were unable to get C7s will soon be jumping in to try and get in the game.

gthal 11-18-2013 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by OBSSSD (Post 1585460517)
I think you'll see $5k off MSRP on end of year 14' models because supply is going to continue to outstrip demand by a greater amount each month - especially through the winter when Corvette sales drop significantly every year :yesnod:

Why do I get the feeling this makes you happy? Oh wait, I know :lol:

r1owner 11-18-2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585462775)
Show us the quotes and the dealer's names of all these places where they are falling fast.

Weber Chevrolet
http://dorightsoftware.com/pics/weberdiscount.jpg

Had an ad last week for 2K off premiere edition.

v26278 11-18-2013 10:30 PM

I see a few things affecting the market: Z51 cars are constrained, they can't be built or sold in any volume at any price; the Z51 package is a steel at $2800, so non Z51 cars need to be discounted to sell. So, if dealers would rather sell something than sell nothing, they're discounting non-Z51 cars. That's not exactly a big shift in market demand, it's more of a response to constraints. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather pay less myself but realistically I don't see any real price weakening yet.

450hp mike9 11-18-2013 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Red Lightening (Post 1585458352)
Good things come to those who wait. Like Improved cars and bigger discounts. A year from now 5K off will be common on a base car like the Stingray and you wont be hearing about paint runs and mis aliened body panels etc.

You are a just a C 7 hater plain and simple . I'm so sick of your negative post.

rcallen484 11-18-2013 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by r1owner (Post 1585464197)
:eek:

If the guy is who someone else said he was with a previous screen name, I got so tired of his anti-C7 snark shots that I made negative remarks, in one post, about some chrome doo-dads he had added to his C6 and he went absolutely psychotic before being banned. Ain't that always the way though. :crazy: :crazy2: :crazy:

michaelinmech 11-18-2013 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585464296)
If the guy is who someone else said he was with a previous screen name

^ If the guy is who someone else said he was with a previous screen name, he has no business being here, imho.

Snorman 11-18-2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585464296)
If the guy is who someone else said he was with a previous screen name, I got so tired of his anti-C7 snark shots that I made negative remarks, in one post, about some chrome doo-dads he had added to his C6 and he went absolutely psychotic before being banned. Ain't that always the way though. :crazy: :crazy2: :crazy:

It's him. That avatar pic is the same one that Torched posted a few times. He posted pics of a few cars in the same location. He also posted pics of an SSR. He took a lot of flack for claiming to have connections in the Bowling Green plant that would give people tours outside of the standard BG tours. He said he traded favors and let these people come to studios where he works filming TV/movies.
Eventually, those posts/pictures will be found and he'll be exposed for who he is...a twice-banned member who has returned under a new screen name where he misspelled "lightning". :lolg:
S.