CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3368887-is-the-3lt-worth-the-money-compared-to-the-2lt-with-nav.html)

gixxerbill 11-03-2013 10:30 PM

IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?

I got the 3lt because it was already built and I am starting to wonder if the 2lt with nav would have been a better value.

Have any of you seen the a 3lt compared to a 2lt? Does the leather really seem like a 7k improvement?

Glen e 11-03-2013 10:34 PM

not to me by a long shot.....and putting your dest in the onstar iphone app and sending it to your car works pretty cool....

Stingray Al 11-03-2013 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585340341)
I got the 3lt because it was already built and I am starting to wonder if the 2lt with nav would have been a better value.

Have any of you seen the a 3lt compared to a 2lt? Does the leather really seem like a 7k improvement?

I ordered with the 2lt with nav:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

markk1 11-03-2013 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585340341)

After much consideration, I selected 2LT with nav in lieu of 3LT. I just personally did not see the value in the 3LT upgrade but wanted the nav.

gixxerbill 11-03-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stingray Al (Post 1585340422)
I ordered with the 2lt with nav:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::wooh oo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

that is just mean man. you should split the money you saved with me. :D

themonk 11-03-2013 10:43 PM

save yourself the money and either use your phone for NAV or buy a portable Garmin or something, at least it's mobile. I ordered a 2LT just for the better security system, color choice, heated/cooled seats and stereo.....don't need NAV.

rexracerx9 11-03-2013 10:50 PM

Consensus is 2LT if you do black interior because no one can tell the difference and 3LT if you want colored dash.

BigJoe 11-03-2013 11:11 PM

3lt is only worth it if you absolutely have to have Brownstone...

zhopper05 11-03-2013 11:15 PM

2LT with Nav - save your money.

SASprof 11-03-2013 11:20 PM

my opinion: 2LT with nav is best value.
my wife's opinion: 3LT for added color (adrenaline red).
conclusion: my wife is nuts, but she's cute, so I'll get what she wants.

loyalsince72 11-03-2013 11:25 PM

First off, it's not $7 grand. It's about $4 grand over the 2LT. Now, if you appreciate the full leather interior (door panels, instrument panel, console, etc) it's a bargain. The same thing would cost about $18,000 on a 911. If you don't care about that, get the 2LT.

Personally, I thought it was A BARGAIN. I wouldn't order the 2LT. But that doesn't make it WRONG. Just do what you want. If you already have the 3LT, MOVE ON DOWN THE ROAD. Only an idiot makes a decision then argues with himself about it for more than about a minute.

joz 11-03-2013 11:33 PM

I got a 1lt with navigation and I couldn't be happier

mpuzach 11-03-2013 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by loyalsince72 (Post 1585340705)
First off, it's not $7 grand. It's about $4 grand over the 2LT. Now, if you appreciate the full leather interior (door panels, instrument panel, console, etc) it's a bargain. The same thing would cost about $18,000 on a 911. If you don't care about that, get the 2LT.

Personally, I thought it was A BARGAIN. I wouldn't order the 2LT. But that doesn't make it WRONG. Just do what you want. If you already have the 3LT, MOVE ON DOWN THE ROAD. Only an idiot makes a decision then argues with himself about it for more than about a minute.

The price difference between 2LT with navigation and 3LT (which includes navigation) is actually $3000. The biggest benefit with gray, Adrenaline Red, Brownstone, and Kalahari IMO is that 3LT includes color on the dash and door panels (in addition to the armrests which get color with 2LT as well). I have a tough time justifying 3LT with the all black interior because visually it looks nearly the same as 2LT. True, 3LT uses genuine leather on the dash and door panels while 2LT uses naugahyde-type material but the look and feel are nearly identical. The naugahyde is even stitched like the leather.

gixxerbill 11-03-2013 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by loyalsince72 (Post 1585340705)

you're right it is only 4k and I will only argue with myself for 59 seconds because i don't want to be an idiot. :crazy2::D

Delta88 11-04-2013 05:13 AM

Yeah It's $3,000 more than 2LT. And from what I've heard is the leather on the 3LT is the same as 1LT and 2 LT. But the 3LT has Nappa leather inserts just where your butt touches.
3LT is a really nice interior but I have 2LT on order with red interior and I think for me the red leather dash is to loud for me. And saved myself 3K

musclecar6 11-04-2013 06:05 AM

The 3LT price differential to the 2LT is about 3 grand as the 3LT includes nav ( which the 2LT does not come standard with) and includes a better grade of leather covering the top of the door panels and dash top. The Kalahari with full covering of the dash top is one rich looking interior as an example ( wish they would include a full dash top covering in the adrenaline red). As someone else pointed out, you'd have to spend $ 18,000 to get similar stuff in a 911. Like most other stuff about the new stingray, the values we can get at bargain basement prices compared to the 911, the bench mark for the stingray, are unreal. People have whined for years about the vettes interior and now when GM gives it to us at exceptionally reasonable prices, some are standing short to save a few bucks. I won't be one of them. When I order my C7, it will be 3LT all the way. Thank you GM.

Houston Z33 11-04-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1585340797)
2LT uses naugahyde-type material but the look and feel are nearly identical. The naugahyde is even stitched like the leather.

No, believe it or not the 1LT and the 2LT are still using real Leather....just not the soft, supple and buttery good stuff but it is the real thing - Just a cheaper version.

Originally Posted by BigJoe (Post 1585340625)
3lt is only worth it if you absolutely have to have Brownstone...

:iagree: Thank You [/thread]

MikeyTX 11-04-2013 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1585340449)
save yourself the money and either use your phone for NAV or buy a portable Garmin or something, at least it's mobile. I ordered a 2LT just for the better security system, color choice, heated/cooled seats and stereo.....don't need NAV.

:yesnod:This ............... :iagree: Google maps = Free updates ! On a regular basis. :D

MikeyTX 11-04-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Houston Z33 (Post 1585341471)
No, believe it or not the 1LT and the 2LT are still using real Leather....just not the soft, supple and buttery good stuff but it is the real thing - Just a cheaper version.

:iagree: Thank You [/thread]

Mike was referring to the dash covering I believe, not the seats. Me, I don't want leather on the dash down here in TX . :willy:

AORoads 11-04-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1585341417)
The 3LT price differential to the 2LT is about 3 grand as the 3LT includes nav ( which the 2LT does not come standard with) and includes a better grade of leather covering the top of the door panels and dash top. The Kalahari with full covering of the dash top is one rich looking interior as an example ( wish they would include a full dash top covering in the adrenaline red). As someone else pointed out, you'd have to spend $ 18,000 to get similar stuff in a 911. Like most other stuff about the new stingray, the values we can get at bargain basement prices compared to the 911, the bench mark for the stingray, are unreal. People have whined for years about the vettes interior and now when GM gives it to us at exceptionally reasonable prices, some are standing short to save a few bucks. I won't be one of them. When I order my C7, it will be 3LT all the way. Thank you GM.

Lotta truth in this one^^^. There may still be a few potential owners buying C7s who just can't afford an added $3K in the car's price (even later on when you might be able to get something off the msrp). But that's their issue, not GM's imo. And while the interior of any car can always be improved, even the C7, the 2014 is definitely an improvement. I like the 3LT, but see/know that the 2LT interior is not a bad or huge step down at all from "fully loaded." :thumbs: I can't imagine anyone who can comfortably afford both interiors being unhappy with whichever one they choose.