CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Almost down to my last nerve... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3366008-almost-down-to-my-last-nerve.html)

Wildmanht 10-29-2013 10:42 PM

OP, maybe its a Lancaster thing? lol :hide:

billyboy47 10-29-2013 10:56 PM

wise up. age has nothing to do with it, your dealing with people. there are those of us who enjoy life, then there are those who enjoy nothing at all. some of these people can't stand themselves. lighten up, life is to short to sit around thinking about it.:thumbs:

Rusler John 10-29-2013 11:00 PM

I ran into a guy like that, soon after getting my Vette in 07'. He had a nice Z-06 and I said that it looked great with the fender flares and the splash guards. His response was, yeah, they come with the Z-06, man, not the base like you have. Then, he and his woman just walked away. OK, I guessed I sinned against a Z-06 owner. Mea cuppa, mea cuppa, already!
I guess my beard, T shirt , jeans and ball cap didn't fit with his Polo shirt and tan khakis and gold hardware. I mean, I've only owned 4 other old school Vettes, you know those OLD C1's and C2's, probably when he was still in grade school. Sorry to rant, but, I was really put out by his attitude back then. Today, I don't care. I wave at every Vette and am always willing to talk Vettes with a brother or anybody who shows an interest.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by gar4403 (Post 1585300498)
Don't worry ...be happy. I say hi to people in the halls at work all day. I just chuckle as they look at their shoes and keep walking. Don't think it matters what car they drive.:rofl:

Yes, I've learned a$$holes will be a$$holes...I just hope they haven't gone thru a life altering experience just before our encounter...lord knows I've been crazy with people at low times in my life...

PatriotZ 10-29-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rusler John (Post 1585300695)
I ran into a guy like that, soon after getting my Vette in 07'. He had a nice Z-06 and I said that it looked great with the fender flares and the splash guards. His response was, yeah, they come with the Z-06, man, not the base like you have. Then, he and his woman just walked away. OK, I guessed I sinned against a Z-06 owner. Mea cuppa, mea cuppa, already!
I guess my beard, T shirt , jeans and ball cap didn't fit with his Polo shirt and tan khakis and gold hardware. I mean, I've only owned 4 other old school Vettes, you know those OLD C1's and C2's, probably when he was still in grade school. Sorry to rant, but, I was really put out by his attitude back then. Today, I don't care. I wave at every Vette and am always willing to talk Vettes with a brother or anybody who shows an interest.

Ouch!
That was a pretty tacky response from that Z character....but again refering to my earlier post.....and it is sad....but there are a lot of Corvette people that are just plain Buttheads......and I certainly try not to be one of those....but I am with you Rusler....I try to wave when I see a Vette and try to enjoy the times , have fun and get on with life while I can.....Hell...a Vette is a Vette is a Vette:flag:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:09 AM

F***ken aay....that's the type of comraderie I was expecting...

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585300669)
wise up. age has nothing to do with it, your dealing with people. there are those of us who enjoy life, then there are those who enjoy nothing at all. some of these people can't stand themselves. lighten up, life is to short to sit around thinking about it.:thumbs:

Bro, you speak the truth...

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wildmanht (Post 1585300555)
OP, maybe its a Lancaster thing? lol :hide:

Obviously you know my area....but I now reside in quartz hill, which is a world of difference from ghetto lancaster...where I was trapped for 3 years...

bolivar 10-30-2013 01:06 AM

I was gassing up and a guy appeared. Baggy T, baggy shorts, old tennis. And started talking about my car. I thought he might be your usual meth head in a talkative mood (this was in the middle of Arkansas, where I grew up, but has now turned into meth head mecca), so I just answered with yes and no and ugh-huh answers. Until I finally understood he belonged to the red late model parked across the lot and owned the station. And I started responding to his discussion more.

I'm not much of an outgoing guy, and I've found many of these off the wall conversations never add much to my life.

I remember the one more years ago, with a different car, where a guy started talking about the 64 he once owned. I got interested, but then quickly lost interest when he started to describe the car he so fondly remembered, one he said was 'all stock'. When he mentioned he had a doorbell button strapped on the steering column as a start button, I started to edge away.

Iconic 10-30-2013 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297592)
Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.

Look on the bright side of owning a Corvette - These guys didn't give you the compliment back that you gave them, but you still left that place driving a Corvette. That's way better than you driving a Ford Focus, pulling up next to another Ford Focus and exchanging compliments and a group hug, and then driving away in your....Ford Focus.

I'd be happier leaving the gas station in my Vette after someone looked down at it, than I would leaving the gas station in a Corrola that some ricer came in his pants over upon seeing it.

Corvettes are an American Icon in this country and almost everyone knows it. These cars speak for themselves and in my experience with people who have anything to say whatsoever about my car, it's been nothing but positive.

Remind yourself of the day you took delivery of your Vette and the smile you had from ear to ear. Then look around on the highway and notice all the rusted beaters and rice out there. I do this all the time and will never forget that I too drove rusted beaters and rice. I am so thankfull to have had the opportunity to bust my ass for decades, reap the rewards, and live the American dream and own a new Corvette.

There is only one thing worse than someone who doesn't appreciate a Corvette - It's someone who owns a Corvette and bitches about it.

LFZ 10-30-2013 07:40 AM

Typical Z06 owners...

GARYFINN 10-30-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585297682)
I'm confused..Do you expect a payback every time you give something? Personally, if you were to tell me I have a nice car, I would reciprocate and say the same to you but I wouldn't "expect" you to or be butt hurt if you didn't. Life's too short man... and I don't think your age has anything to do with it. It's not a big deal that you're young and have a Vette.

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1585301530)
Look on the bright side of owning a Corvette - These guys didn't give you the compliment back that you gave them, but you still left that place driving a Corvette. That's way better than you driving a Ford Focus, pulling up next to another Ford Focus and exchanging compliments and a group hug, and then driving away in your....Ford Focus.

I'd be happier leaving the gas station in my Vette after someone looked down at it, than I would leaving the gas station in a Corrola that some ricer came in his pants over upon seeing it.

Corvettes are an American Icon in this country and almost everyone knows it. These cars speak for themselves and in my experience with people who have anything to say whatsoever about my car, it's been nothing but positive.

Remind yourself of the day you took delivery of your Vette and the smile you had from ear to ear. Then look around on the highway and notice all the rusted beaters and rice out there. I do this all the time and will never forget that I too drove rusted beaters and rice. I am so thankfull to have had the opportunity to bust my ass for decades, reap the rewards, and live the American dream and own a new Corvette.

There is only one thing worse than someone who doesn't appreciate a Corvette - It's someone who owns a Corvette and bitches about it.

Dewed I appreciate life and my car, Im not bitching about the car I was just venting about 2 a$$hole vette owners I ran into in a row....

tjschraf 10-30-2013 10:41 AM

down to your last nerve?

Maybe they just simply don't like your vette. Don't buy for other people's approval.

It's a mass produced car.

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:44 AM

For the last time I'm not bragging that I'm freaken young with a vette, I just mention my age because I thought maybe that's why I caught attitude from these older guys...owning a used vette at my age is not a big deal and wasn't trying to say it was geeze....

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by tjschraf (Post 1585303194)
down to your last nerve?

Maybe they just simply don't like your vette. Don't buy for other people's approval.

It's a mass produced car.

You really think I bought my car for other people's approval? No, just venting about a couple unfriendly vette owners....you guys are great.

jackhall99 10-30-2013 10:50 AM

OK, point driven home! :cheers:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1585303269)
OK, point driven home! :cheers:

:iagree: I think this thread has ran it's course. :willy:

besz28 10-30-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297592)
Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.

seriously? just live your life. you wrote a book about this? :crazy2:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by besz28 (Post 1585303569)
seriously? just live your life. you wrote a book about this? :crazy2:

Yeah seriously! Like OMG, really?