CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Almost down to my last nerve... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3366008-almost-down-to-my-last-nerve.html)

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:03 PM

Almost down to my last nerve...

Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.

Roddy1 10-29-2013 05:06 PM

Maybe they are just spoiled ass old people like me. JK I don't know why some people are like that.

AORoads 10-29-2013 05:06 PM

aww, just think of it this way: they stole those cars or used up their significant other's inheritance and don't want to come clean.:rofl: (plus, some people "got no couth")

R&L's C6 10-29-2013 05:08 PM

Dont let it get you down. Some people just lack basic social skills, and some people are just plain @$$holes...:D

Brockman66 10-29-2013 05:13 PM

Don't take it to heart. It irks some older vette owners seeing younger guys driving something they've had to work their whole lives towards. I've experienced this same situation at Carlisle. The gentleman my wife and I spoke to actually said "no you don't" when we told him we owned the same exact car he did. Then he proceeded to walk away from us and go sit back down in his lawn chair.

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:14 PM

I'm confused..Do you expect a payback every time you give something? Personally, if you were to tell me I have a nice car, I would reciprocate and say the same to you but I wouldn't "expect" you to or be butt hurt if you didn't. Life's too short man... and I don't think your age has anything to do with it. It's not a big deal that you're young and have a Vette.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:17 PM

The guy in the Z06 really got to me, we were at the tire/wheel shop and I had just had my new gloss black wheels and new tires installed on my black C6 and he had just pulled up and was about to get out of his car , I pulled up to his car cop style, driver side to driver side and my car was looking super clean...I say "hey nice Z man", he just looked at me and nodded his head...wtf? He couldn't say"thanks you too " or something? Douche...

acesx4 10-29-2013 05:18 PM

:crazy: Some people just don't get it!!

RetiredSFC 97 10-29-2013 05:19 PM

Believe it or not there are vette owners who don't know anything about the camaraderie of vette owners.

I've ran into several of them. One guy ask me why people in vettes always wave at him. He thought it was odd.

OR maybe they didn't think your C6 was nice and they were trying to be polite and not say what they wanted to say.

Show me a picture and I'll be the judge.

johnodrake 10-29-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1585297719)
Believe it or not there are vette owners who don't know anything about the camaraderie of vette owners.

I've ran into several of them. One guy ask me why people in vettes always wave at him. He thought it was odd.

OR maybe they didn't think your C6 was nice and they were trying to be polite and not say what they wanted to say.

:withstupid::thumbs:

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297704)
The guy in the Z06 really got to me, we were at the tire/wheel shop and I had just had my new gloss black wheels and new tires installed on my black C6 and he had just pulled up and was about to get out of his car , I pulled up to his car cop style, driver side to driver side and my car was looking super clean...I say "hey nice Z man", he just looked at me and nodded his head...wtf? He couldn't say"thanks you too " or something? Douche...

Ya, I see what you're talking about right there. That was blatantly rude. Like I said, you can't expect something from everybody. You would have acknowledged him if he said something to you first for sure. Like someone earlier said, maybe he's just shy or something. Maybe just a bad day. As a rule, Vette drivers are a cool bunch of folks. I sort of miss the camaraderie with Vette owners since I sold my my Z. Hell, look what forum I'm on! :cheers:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1585297719)

I think I just expected more of a vette brotherhood, heres a pic...there's a bunch if you check out my profile...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...035-157014.jpg

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:31 PM

Nice ride man....My Z was black too.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585297797)
Nice ride man....My Z was black too.

:thumbs: Thanks, that's more like it...haha my butt hurts a lil less now:rofl:

Old Boot 10-29-2013 05:48 PM

Sorry man they got it all wrong.
A lot of people look at the cars as second wives or a mistress, so let me translate what you said to them (or what they hear)
Good lookin lady you got their, they didnt want to say hey you got a sexy bi*** too man, with the friend and his mistress in ear shot.!!!

mundo 10-29-2013 05:53 PM

I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mundo (Post 1585297958)
I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?

Respect? I never give respect to someone based on what they drive....I'm talking more about common courtesy really and camaraderie among vette owners ...I can totally see now why people think vette owners are a$$holes...but I know it's not the majority just a few douches...and I like to whine it makes me feel better....whaa whaa whaa....

dvilin 10-29-2013 06:11 PM

Big deal, I doubt anyone is jealous because you appear young and are driving a Vette. They are not that hard to obtain cost wise just impractical for most people.
Also I have no idea why you think the Z owner was required to return any kind of compliment to you or give you anything other than what he did.
He acknowledged your comment what else do you want. :willy:

EVRose 10-29-2013 06:13 PM

I had a similar thing happen on Las Vegas Blvd last weekend. I was first at a red light and a guy driving a C6 pulls up right next to me on the left. I saw him coming, we both had our tops off and windows down and I was ready to chat a bit while waiting at the light but he never once looked over at me. Just acted like I was not even there. I just thought to myself Oh well, he's not into talking to strangers and carried on.

Vetteman Jack 10-29-2013 06:15 PM

You'll run into those kind of people no matter where you go. Just brush it off and continue to be the way you are. Chances are you will find a lot more friendly Vette owners than ones like you mention here.

jackhall99 10-29-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585297682)
I'm confused..Do you expect a payback every time you give something? Personally, if you were to tell me I have a nice car, I would reciprocate and say the same to you but I wouldn't "expect" you to or be butt hurt if you didn't. Life's too short man... and I don't think your age has anything to do with it. It's not a big deal that you're young and have a Vette.

:iagree:

OP: Why your subsequent post calling these people "douche"? Get a grip and move on. :thumbs:

PatriotZ 10-29-2013 06:28 PM

You know...I hate to say it but there are a lot of people who drive Corvettes that are Buttheads.....plain and simple....just check out a thread or two....some make light or have a response but others will find it arrogant, or rude.....one guy thinks I am arrogant cause I was giving an OP some grief for running regular gas on his road trips....and saying we all can't have Lambos?...well it does help to have some broad shoulders sometimes....but then again I just don't understand the "My car is way better than your car group"...
Fortunately most Vette people are pretty good people....so remember them and forget the others...:flag:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585298093)
Big deal, I doubt anyone is jealous because you appear young and are driving a Vette. They are not that hard to obtain cost wise just impractical for most people.
Also I have no idea why you think the Z owner was required to return any kind of compliment to you or give you anything other than what he did.

Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute here! You mean to tell me owning a $31k used vette at age 35 is not a big deal!?!?! No shiii!!! Lol the only reason I mention my age is because these guys were older and maybe they had the whole "these young punks dont deserve or appreciate these cars" attitude....I know owning a vette isn't a big deal when you can buy an 06 for 27K but a new nissan 370Z is well over 35K and over 40K fully loaded...kids in high school are driving them...so unlike others on here I know my car isn't a Ferrari and shares a hunch of parts with my 09 malibu...that's not the issue...but hey thanks for your reply...

Corvette Junkie 10-29-2013 06:28 PM

Life is to short to let such trivial things bother you.

Al Gumby 10-29-2013 06:30 PM

Pretty sure that's a fully loaded F-16.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Al Gumby (Post 1585298231)
Pretty sure that's a fully loaded F-16.

It is, just didn't wana say anything... thought I was missing something.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1585298215)
Life is to short to let such trivial things bother you.

You are right. Just felt like sharing...

jackhall99 10-29-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585298212)
Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute here! You mean to tell me owning a $31k used vette at age 35 is not a big deal!?!?! No shiii!!! Lol the only reason I mention my age is because these guys were older and maybe they had the whole "these young punks dont deserve or appreciate these cars" attitude....I know owning a vette isn't a big deal when you can buy an 06 for 27K but a new nissan 370Z is well over 35K and over 40K fully loaded...kids in high school are driving them...so unlike others on here I know my car isn't a Ferrari and shares a hunch of parts with my 09 malibu...that's not the issue...but hey thanks for your reply...

Slow down and get over yourself. :yesnod:

Age has nothing to do with anything, whether it's a used C6 or anything else. Several younger guys attend our Chicago Crew lunches and Cars n Coffee for St. Jude, and are an accepted part of the group. :thumbs:

You gave a compliment and are making a big deal that they didn't reciprocate. So what? Move on. It's easier on your's nerves. :cheers:

BlueAngelSAE 10-29-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585298093)

:iagree: I try to be social but sometimes get in my own world trying to relax. When it comes to my vette...love it, hate it, think what you want as I own it for me and me only. I try and treat others the way I want to be treated but always try to do so without expectations of reciprocation.

Road tripped with a buddy in a Lotus and quickly became invisible to everyone we came around....We laughed as it was like the Jock hanging out with the Nerd, it was funny to be a part of.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1585298268)
Slow down and get over yourself. :yesnod:

Age has nothing to do with anything, whether it's a used C6 or anything else. Several younger guys attend our Chicago Crew lunches and Cars n Coffee for St. Jude, and are an accepted part of the group. :thumbs:

You gave a compliment and are making a big deal that they didn't reciprocate. So what? Move on. It's easier on your's nerves. :cheers:

I'm just saying one compliment deserves another, that's all...yeah your right it's not a big deal...just annoyed me at the moment it happened and wanted to talk to vette nation about it...thanks for your reply...

jackhall99 10-29-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585298323)
I'm just saying one compliment deserves another, that's all...yeah your right it's not a big deal...just annoyed me at the moment it happened and wanted to talk to vette nation about it...thanks for your reply...

Don't let it get to you. I'll shoot the breeze under those conditions 99% of the time, but sometimes I'm preoccupied with something else. Just enjoy the great car and drive it safely. :cheers: :flag:

Cherokee Nation 10-29-2013 07:04 PM

B-36..:cheers:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation (Post 1585298575)
B-36..:cheers:

B-17, B-2...my faves :cheers:

Cherokee Nation 10-29-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297592)
Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.

I would of said..You'r Welcome..FU..:cheers:

JJC5 10-29-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation (Post 1585298613)

Yep! That'll teach him!!!

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation (Post 1585298613)

:rofl:

colo63sw 10-29-2013 07:18 PM

There can always be explanations.
Maybe the guy thought you looked too young and assumed you worked at the tire store, in which case it wasn’t your car and he thought ‘what is this grease monkey in a nice vette doing complementing my car…’
It’s not always that people are being mean.

I always thank people when they complement my car. Keep complementing, you will run into nice people.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by colo63sw (Post 1585298660)
There can always be explanations.
Maybe the guy thought you looked too young and assumed you worked at the tire store, in which case it wasn’t your car and he thought ‘what is this grease monkey in a nice vette doing complementing my car…’
It’s not always that people are being mean.

I always thank people when they complement my car. Keep complementing, you will run into nice people.

You calling me a grease monkey? :pistols: :rofl: :rofl:

EVRose 10-29-2013 07:40 PM

:trainwreck:

FAUEE 10-29-2013 07:48 PM

I'd guess it's because your car is black, has been outside for at least 15 seconds, and thus is FILTHY.

RLSebring 10-29-2013 07:48 PM

You should never go fishing for compliments, you might not like what you catch.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 1585298916)
I'd guess it's because your car is black, has been outside for at least 15 seconds, and thus is FILTHY.

And I live in the high desert with high winds....but hey it's the best color for those 15 secs :rock:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by EVRose (Post 1585298832)
:trainwreck:

^^^^Oh no the dreaded train wreck post! Shut it down it's all over!

flange 10-29-2013 07:58 PM

Around here there is a bog cruise night in summer, lots of vettes. I see saw of the most ignorant guys at one of those nights. They pull up in their clean vette, open the hood of their stick car and sit in their chair behind the car. They speak with no one, keep to themselves, and when guys approach look away.

I dunno, I thought car guys were more approachable and LIKED to talk about their cars, what they did to them, cool cruises they may have taken etc. I see our point. its not about getting a compliment per se, rather about the lack of friendliness. it could have been a bad day, or could have been a bad owner, no way to know for sure.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by flange (Post 1585299002)
Around here there is a bog cruise night in summer, lots of vettes. I see saw of the most ignorant guys at one of those nights. They pull up in their clean vette, open the hood of their stick car and sit in their chair behind the car. They speak with no one, keep to themselves, and when guys approach look away.

I dunno, I thought car guys were more approachable and LIKED to talk about their cars, what they did to them, cool cruises they may have taken etc. I see our point. its not about getting a compliment per se, rather about the lack of friendliness. it could have been a bad day, or could have been a bad owner, no way to know for sure.

Exactly...:thumbs:

sfc rick 10-29-2013 08:19 PM

So you pass out compliments with the expectations of being pumped right back?

And then get upset?

You need to grow thicker skin and man up...... compliment like you mean it, and move on if they don't break into a jig.

It's really not a big deal..... just enjoy the show and try to meet new people.

z edge 10-29-2013 08:31 PM

You got a nice vette man

LFZ 10-29-2013 08:36 PM

Most Z06 owners are a$$holes...there's your reason right there.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by sfc rick (Post 1585299196)
So you pass out compliments with the expectations of being pumped right back?

And then get upset?

You need to grow thicker skin and man up...... compliment like you mean it, and move on if they don't break into a jig.

It's really not a big deal..... just enjoy the show and try to meet new people.

I really don't give compliments to receive them, if he would have said "thanks man I appreciate it, love this car" that would have been kewl....but these guys just acted like arrogant a$$holes....guess you had to be there....and manning up is not the issue, just thought more comraderie was involved....anyway thanks for playing....

flange 10-29-2013 08:38 PM

I don't get upset at all. I find it humorous that some folks can be soo full of themselves as to go to an event such as that and NOT speak with fellow enthusiasts. I look at things differently, a nice summer night, lots of cool cars, and an event that many places wont do anymore due ot fear of traffic, lawsuit, burnouts, whatever. Have fun with it man! say hello to folks, its ok really.

As far as compliments, who really cares? Harley guys meet up and drink beer with complete strangers. boat guys tie up with complete strangers and fish, swim, or drink beer and laugh. Corvette guys ignore each other, lol.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by z edge (Post 1585299322)
You got a nice vette man

Thanks bro appreciate it :thumbs:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585299374)
Most Z06 owners are a$$holes...there's your reason right there.

:rofl:

T's 10-29-2013 09:18 PM

Stopped to get gas, wife & I go in to buy a drink. Two guys behind the counter & one asked me if that is my vette. Before I could answer the dumb ass starts in on how he dislikes the C6 body style, blah blah!
The other guy looks at me & said: Yeah & look what he's driving, a 16 year old Honda that barely runs!
I just smiled & walked away. :D

Cherokee Nation 10-29-2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585298610)

I meant B-17..But the B-2 is the Bad A$$...:cheers:

GordyRay 10-29-2013 09:45 PM

C6Roller, is that a block 25?

Hey your Corvette was ****-hot, don't worry about those two dumb guys.
I always compliment other people when I see a hot car. That's what you do when you are a genuine car guy. Are you gonna put headers on your car?
:thumbs:
:salute:
Fuze

meadowz06 10-29-2013 09:57 PM

Don't feel bad, there are some Corvette owners in my town that don't have a clue!

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by T's (Post 1585299803)
Stopped to get gas, wife & I go in to buy a drink. Two guys behind the counter & one asked me if that is my vette. Before I could answer the dumb ass starts in on how he dislikes the C6 body style, blah blah!
The other guy looks at me & said: Yeah & look what he's driving, a 16 year old Honda that barely runs!
I just smiled & walked away. :D

Good quick funny story!

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by GordyRay (Post 1585300023)
Hey your Corvette was ****-hot, don't worry about those two dumb guys.
I always compliment other people when I see a hot car. That's what you do when you are a genuine car guy. Are you gonna put headers on your car?
:salute:
Fuze

Thanks bro and no headers for now, I wanna get to my first track day before anything, then I'll take it from there...thanks for your reply.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585300143)
Don't feel bad, there are some Corvette owners in my town that don't have a clue!

gar4403 10-29-2013 10:35 PM

Don't worry ...be happy. I say hi to people in the halls at work all day. I just chuckle as they look at their shoes and keep walking. Don't think it matters what car they drive.:rofl:

Wildmanht 10-29-2013 10:42 PM

OP, maybe its a Lancaster thing? lol :hide:

billyboy47 10-29-2013 10:56 PM

wise up. age has nothing to do with it, your dealing with people. there are those of us who enjoy life, then there are those who enjoy nothing at all. some of these people can't stand themselves. lighten up, life is to short to sit around thinking about it.:thumbs:

Rusler John 10-29-2013 11:00 PM

I ran into a guy like that, soon after getting my Vette in 07'. He had a nice Z-06 and I said that it looked great with the fender flares and the splash guards. His response was, yeah, they come with the Z-06, man, not the base like you have. Then, he and his woman just walked away. OK, I guessed I sinned against a Z-06 owner. Mea cuppa, mea cuppa, already!
I guess my beard, T shirt , jeans and ball cap didn't fit with his Polo shirt and tan khakis and gold hardware. I mean, I've only owned 4 other old school Vettes, you know those OLD C1's and C2's, probably when he was still in grade school. Sorry to rant, but, I was really put out by his attitude back then. Today, I don't care. I wave at every Vette and am always willing to talk Vettes with a brother or anybody who shows an interest.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by gar4403 (Post 1585300498)
Don't worry ...be happy. I say hi to people in the halls at work all day. I just chuckle as they look at their shoes and keep walking. Don't think it matters what car they drive.:rofl:

Yes, I've learned a$$holes will be a$$holes...I just hope they haven't gone thru a life altering experience just before our encounter...lord knows I've been crazy with people at low times in my life...

PatriotZ 10-29-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rusler John (Post 1585300695)
I ran into a guy like that, soon after getting my Vette in 07'. He had a nice Z-06 and I said that it looked great with the fender flares and the splash guards. His response was, yeah, they come with the Z-06, man, not the base like you have. Then, he and his woman just walked away. OK, I guessed I sinned against a Z-06 owner. Mea cuppa, mea cuppa, already!
I guess my beard, T shirt , jeans and ball cap didn't fit with his Polo shirt and tan khakis and gold hardware. I mean, I've only owned 4 other old school Vettes, you know those OLD C1's and C2's, probably when he was still in grade school. Sorry to rant, but, I was really put out by his attitude back then. Today, I don't care. I wave at every Vette and am always willing to talk Vettes with a brother or anybody who shows an interest.

Ouch!
That was a pretty tacky response from that Z character....but again refering to my earlier post.....and it is sad....but there are a lot of Corvette people that are just plain Buttheads......and I certainly try not to be one of those....but I am with you Rusler....I try to wave when I see a Vette and try to enjoy the times , have fun and get on with life while I can.....Hell...a Vette is a Vette is a Vette:flag:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:09 AM

F***ken aay....that's the type of comraderie I was expecting...

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585300669)
wise up. age has nothing to do with it, your dealing with people. there are those of us who enjoy life, then there are those who enjoy nothing at all. some of these people can't stand themselves. lighten up, life is to short to sit around thinking about it.:thumbs:

Bro, you speak the truth...

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wildmanht (Post 1585300555)
OP, maybe its a Lancaster thing? lol :hide:

Obviously you know my area....but I now reside in quartz hill, which is a world of difference from ghetto lancaster...where I was trapped for 3 years...

bolivar 10-30-2013 01:06 AM

I was gassing up and a guy appeared. Baggy T, baggy shorts, old tennis. And started talking about my car. I thought he might be your usual meth head in a talkative mood (this was in the middle of Arkansas, where I grew up, but has now turned into meth head mecca), so I just answered with yes and no and ugh-huh answers. Until I finally understood he belonged to the red late model parked across the lot and owned the station. And I started responding to his discussion more.

I'm not much of an outgoing guy, and I've found many of these off the wall conversations never add much to my life.

I remember the one more years ago, with a different car, where a guy started talking about the 64 he once owned. I got interested, but then quickly lost interest when he started to describe the car he so fondly remembered, one he said was 'all stock'. When he mentioned he had a doorbell button strapped on the steering column as a start button, I started to edge away.

Iconic 10-30-2013 02:29 AM

Look on the bright side of owning a Corvette - These guys didn't give you the compliment back that you gave them, but you still left that place driving a Corvette. That's way better than you driving a Ford Focus, pulling up next to another Ford Focus and exchanging compliments and a group hug, and then driving away in your....Ford Focus.

I'd be happier leaving the gas station in my Vette after someone looked down at it, than I would leaving the gas station in a Corrola that some ricer came in his pants over upon seeing it.

Corvettes are an American Icon in this country and almost everyone knows it. These cars speak for themselves and in my experience with people who have anything to say whatsoever about my car, it's been nothing but positive.

Remind yourself of the day you took delivery of your Vette and the smile you had from ear to ear. Then look around on the highway and notice all the rusted beaters and rice out there. I do this all the time and will never forget that I too drove rusted beaters and rice. I am so thankfull to have had the opportunity to bust my ass for decades, reap the rewards, and live the American dream and own a new Corvette.

There is only one thing worse than someone who doesn't appreciate a Corvette - It's someone who owns a Corvette and bitches about it.

LFZ 10-30-2013 07:40 AM

Typical Z06 owners...

GARYFINN 10-30-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585297682)

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1585301530)
Look on the bright side of owning a Corvette - These guys didn't give you the compliment back that you gave them, but you still left that place driving a Corvette. That's way better than you driving a Ford Focus, pulling up next to another Ford Focus and exchanging compliments and a group hug, and then driving away in your....Ford Focus.

I'd be happier leaving the gas station in my Vette after someone looked down at it, than I would leaving the gas station in a Corrola that some ricer came in his pants over upon seeing it.

Corvettes are an American Icon in this country and almost everyone knows it. These cars speak for themselves and in my experience with people who have anything to say whatsoever about my car, it's been nothing but positive.

Remind yourself of the day you took delivery of your Vette and the smile you had from ear to ear. Then look around on the highway and notice all the rusted beaters and rice out there. I do this all the time and will never forget that I too drove rusted beaters and rice. I am so thankfull to have had the opportunity to bust my ass for decades, reap the rewards, and live the American dream and own a new Corvette.

There is only one thing worse than someone who doesn't appreciate a Corvette - It's someone who owns a Corvette and bitches about it.

Dewed I appreciate life and my car, Im not bitching about the car I was just venting about 2 a$$hole vette owners I ran into in a row....

tjschraf 10-30-2013 10:41 AM

down to your last nerve?

Maybe they just simply don't like your vette. Don't buy for other people's approval.

It's a mass produced car.

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:44 AM

For the last time I'm not bragging that I'm freaken young with a vette, I just mention my age because I thought maybe that's why I caught attitude from these older guys...owning a used vette at my age is not a big deal and wasn't trying to say it was geeze....

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by tjschraf (Post 1585303194)
down to your last nerve?

Maybe they just simply don't like your vette. Don't buy for other people's approval.

It's a mass produced car.

You really think I bought my car for other people's approval? No, just venting about a couple unfriendly vette owners....you guys are great.

jackhall99 10-30-2013 10:50 AM

OK, point driven home! :cheers:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1585303269)
OK, point driven home! :cheers:

:iagree: I think this thread has ran it's course. :willy:

besz28 10-30-2013 11:29 AM

seriously? just live your life. you wrote a book about this? :crazy2:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by besz28 (Post 1585303569)
seriously? just live your life. you wrote a book about this? :crazy2:

Yeah seriously! Like OMG, really?

tomtoro 10-30-2013 04:39 PM

Looks awesome with the black wheels. Did you have 'em painted or buy new? Sorry if you already mentioned it, I didn't read all the posts.

Those pics convinced me to go gloss black for mine. I've got standard wheels on mine.

I've got a guy at the dealer that says he'll do it for $100 a rim. I think he said anodized. Not sure exactly what that is, but I'll do some research.

Up here in Michigan, I noticed immediately (first time owner) lots of folks waving and being cool. Maybe it's cause we only get to see these cars in nice weather and we get about 6 months of that.

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297781)
I think I just expected more of a vette brotherhood, heres a pic...there's a bunch if you check out my profile...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...035-157014.jpg

Johnathon59 10-30-2013 04:49 PM

I just finished spending 12 hrs. doing a complete detail on my black GS, going to meet some friends for coffee tomorrow morn. and I'll bet you not one of them will make a compliment about my car, it used to irk me but doesn't anymore I just refuse to sweat the small things, but I will compliment all others whether I know them or not, it's just the way things are in life.:cool:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by tomtoro (Post 1585306202)
Looks awesome with the black wheels. Did you have 'em painted or buy new? Sorry if you already mentioned it, I didn't read all the posts.

Those pics convinced me to go gloss black for mine. I've got standard wheels on mine.

I've got a guy at the dealer that says he'll do it for $100 a rim. I think he said anodized. Not sure exactly what that is, but I'll do some research.

Up here in Michigan, I noticed immediately (first time owner) lots of folks waving and being cool. Maybe it's cause we only get to see these cars in nice weather and we get about 6 months of that.

Thanks for the compliment, I bought these wheels from a forum member, they are off of a 2012 base C6, OEM standard specs...I painted the center caps myself and had them powder coated...$85 a wheel because they put an extra coat of gloss on them...$70-$120 a wheel is the norm for powder coating...I created a tutorial thread on how I painted the center caps if you're interested....you can find it under the "threads created by me" section in my profile...not sure how to create a link for you...good luck!

trying2seek 10-30-2013 05:49 PM

I hear ya to me you pay them a compliment and common courtesy would be to say thank you.. I just don’t get people sometimes.

Nice car by the way.. :woohoo:

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by trying2seek (Post 1585306811)
I hear ya to me you pay them a compliment and common courtesy would be to say thank you.. I just don’t get people sometimes.

Nice car by the way.. :woohoo:

Thank you sir...:thumbs:

LFZ 10-30-2013 06:00 PM

I would have done the same thing the Z06 guy did if I saw you....

JJC5 10-30-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585306917)

:eek: Oh boy. Here goes round #10.

Adam_W 10-30-2013 06:17 PM

Yeah, I know the feeling.

I'm not a sensitive guy, but I get pissed, too, when I wave at someone in a Vette and they clearly see me and they either give a blank stare or they look away.

It's not so much that I need to be complimented, it's that you sometimes look and feel like a fool if others are watching, because - in it's essence - the tradition of waving at people with the same car as you is silly, even though we like to do it.

Every time this happens to me, I'm certain that it's because those Corvette owners have never heard of the "The Wave" and don't understand. They aren't malicious. They are just confused, i.e. they are certain that they don't know you so perhaps you are confused and have mistaken them for someone else you know. But it's hard not to get a little pissed at the time.

This is different from when someone in a non-corvette sports car gives you a dirty look when you give them a thumbs up. THAT is just being mean and when you can put them in their place it's a good feeling. Hasn't happened to me yet. Most people who have a sports car, even ones faster than mine, seem to know exactly what a C6 Z06 can do and they smile or show respect in some other way.

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585306917)

:bs you ain't got the balls...:D

JJC5 10-30-2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_W (Post 1585307050)
Yeah, I know the feeling.

I'm not a sensitive guy, but I get pissed, too, when I wave at someone in a Vette and they clearly see me and they either give a blank stare or they look away.

It's not so much that I need to be complimented, it's that you sometimes look and feel like a fool if others are watching, because - in it's essence - the tradition of waving at people with the same car as you is silly, even though we like to do it.

Every time this happens to me, I'm certain that it's because those Corvette owners have never heard of the "The Wave" and don't understand. They aren't malicious. They are just confused, i.e. they are certain that they don't know you so perhaps you are confused and have mistaken them for someone else you know. But it's hard not to get a little pissed at the time.

This is different from when someone in a non-corvette sports car gives you a dirty look when you give them a thumbs up. THAT is just being mean and when you can put them in their place it's a good feeling. Hasn't happened to me yet. Most people who have a sports car, even ones faster than mine, seem to know exactly what a C6 Z06 can do and they smile or show respect in some other way.

That was spot on!
I was always hesitant to be the initiator of a wave to a girl in the other Vette. They'll wave sometimes but I think they're afraid to. Afraid they're being picked up on.

owc6 10-30-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585307159)
That was spot on!
I was always hesitant to be the initiator of a wave to a girl in the other Vette. They'll wave sometimes but I think they're afraid to. Afraid they're being picked up on.

Now, I'm not a 20-something, hot, young thing, driving around my sugar-daddy's vette, but that's just sad. This past-her-prime woman of experience ALWAYS waves. :seeya

I get people complementing the car all the time(occasionally, me too). I generally say something like "Thanks, it sure is a lot of fun," and leave it at that. I'm also not afraid to complement someone's car if I think it's cool.

lisa

phileaglesfan 10-30-2013 07:23 PM

Relax man, no big deal. Have a heart attack and you start to look at life differently. Even an idiot Mustang owner can't piss me off now.

Iconic 10-30-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585303169)
Dewed I appreciate life and my car, Im not bitching about the car I was just venting about 2 a$$hole vette owners I ran into in a row....

I get your point from the original post you made. I totaly agree with you about the point you made of other Corvette owners coming off like dicks. Personaly, I'd never start a thread about though, but that's just me.

But if the same thing happened to me, I'd have still left the place in my Vette not giving a sheet whatsoever, since driving away in a Vette fresh off being slighted by another Vette owner still beats the F out of leaving the place in a ricer that other ricers loved and left cum stains on the hood cuz they loved it.

I'd rather get the middle finger from other motorists while I drive my Vette, than I would get waves and salutes from motorist while driving my grocery getta.

I wave at every Vette I see period. You have a bew-full black Vette btw. :cheers:

Dewed

Cherokee Nation 10-30-2013 07:33 PM

Hell, i get thrums up & complements from young to old driving Mustangs,pickup trucks or whatever they are driving & i always respond back..Makes me feel better.I'm 70 yrs young so i need that most of the time......:)

C6ROLLER 10-30-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by US Icon (Post 1585307684)
I get your point from the original post you made. I totaly agree with you about the point you made of other Corvette owners coming off like dicks. Personaly, I'd never start a thread about though, but that's just me.

But if the same thing happened to me, I'd have still left the place in my Vette not giving a sheet whatsoever, since driving away in a Vette fresh off being slighted by another Vette owner still beats the F out of leaving the place in a ricer that other ricers loved and left cum stains on the hood cuz they loved it.

I'd rather get the middle finger from other motorists while I drive my Vette, than I would get waves and salutes from motorist while driving my grocery getta.

I wave at every Vette I see period. You have a bew-full black Vette btw. :cheers:

Dewed

jonathontodd 10-30-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585298610)

B-1, faster and carries the largest payload of any bomber. :flag:

Most vette owners I run into are friendly, I have never got a wave from a female drive,

Have literally ran by a few "snooty Z06" drivers....just because it has narrow wheels doesn't mean it's stock under the hood

meadowz06 10-30-2013 09:08 PM

Had another A-hole in a C6 today that did not wave!

LFZ 10-30-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585308671)

Terrible...you start a thread about it yet?

jackhall99 10-30-2013 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585308671)

:crazy2:

The driver who didn't honor YOU with a wave is an a-hole? :lol:

This has been beaten to death so many times and it's really old. The other driver may not seen you in your car. He may have actually been busy driving his car, checking gauges, watching for an address or street name, or a low tire TPMS could have 'dinged' at that moment, among other items that may have required his/her attention. Or possibly, just possibly, they did not know about waving. No matter, he/she didn't wave. Get over it. :thumbs:

jackhall99 10-30-2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585308703)
Terrible...you start a thread about it yet?

:rofl: :rofl: