CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Paint runs on doors...the rest of the story (from pickup to re-delivery) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3365606-paint-runs-on-doors-the-rest-of-the-story-from-pickup-to-re-delivery.html)

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-03-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by sprtplt (Post 1585584650)
I would be prepared to check paint match between panels very closely.

I will check everything very closely. :) They replaced the entire exterior of my car, so I imagine we'll be in good shape. :thumbs:

C8Jake 12-03-2013 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585584924)
They replaced the entire exterior of my car.

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5115/khzz.jpg

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-03-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by gmwindsor (Post 1585584949)

:lol:

Oneslackr 12-04-2013 05:04 PM

Any update?

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-04-2013 06:04 PM

Still waiting...she's still at the plant according to OnStar Family Link. And we have a wicked winter weather situation looming here in Oklahoma so I wouldn't expect that they would ship her out today even if she was ready.

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-05-2013 12:06 AM

It's still at the plant, but it's definitely been moved under its own power. Earlier today my RemoteLink app showed that it had 1996 miles on it. Tonight, it has 1997 miles. Progress! :thumbs:

rcallen484 12-05-2013 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585597087)
It's still at the plant, but it's definitely been moved under its own power. Earlier today my RemoteLink app showed that it had 1996 miles on it. Tonight, it has 1997 miles. Progress! :thumbs:

The longest journey begins with the first step...

http://personaltao.com/wp-content/up...m_Practice.jpg

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-05-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jwstegbauer (Post 1585584407)
jagamajajaran,

I have been following this post for the last 5 weeks, I would suggest that you contact Lynn Herron Customer Contact Manager, Tour Manager, ISO Lead, 600 Corvette Dr., Bowling Green, KY 42101 lynn.herron@gm.com to see if she has an update for you....She has alway been extremely helpful in answering my questions....

I received a reply from Dana Wallace. She has replaced Lynn Herron and said she would check on my car and get back to me! :thumbs:

Dana Wallace
Customer Contact & Tour Manager
GM Bowling Green Assembly
600 Corvette Dr., Bctowling Green, KY 42101
dana.wallace@gm.com
270-745-8181

Shodanusmc 12-05-2013 11:57 AM

Are they driving the car back to you at 1 Mile per day? Hope it turns out great.

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-05-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by shodanusmc (Post 1585599902)
Are they driving the car back to you at 1 Mile per day? Hope it turns out great.

Hmmm...I hope not! :lol:

indy 28 12-05-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585594099)
Still waiting...she's still at the plant according to OnStar Family Link. And we have a wicked winter weather situation looming here in Oklahoma so I wouldn't expect that they would ship her out today even if she was ready.

Curious as to how one can track their car during shipping. That's so cool. My Torch Red Convertible 3LT Z51 is produced and has a VIN. How do I track it?

THX....Mike

runutzzzzz 12-05-2013 01:02 PM

Man, you are a lot more patient than me!

I'm going to guess they REALLY compensated you for this. I wouldn't have taken anything less than 10k off MSRP. I'm guessing your offer is up there :rofl: :willy:

Michael A 12-05-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585600521)

I'm going to guess they REALLY compensated you for this. I wouldn't have taken anything less than 10k off MSRP. I'm guessing your offer is up there :rofl: :willy:

I could be patient for top quality workmanship.

Michael

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-05-2013 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by indy 28 (Post 1585600264)
Curious as to how one can track their car during shipping. That's so cool. My Torch Red Convertible 3LT Z51 is produced and has a VIN. How do I track it?

THX....Mike

Once OnStar is active, you can activate Family Link for $3.99 per month. This allows you to find the location of the vehicle at any time. Check with your dealer. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585600521)

Well, that sure would be nice! :yesnod: But they won't do that much, but I anticipate it being a fair compensation. :cheers:

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1585600630)
I could be patient for top quality workmanship.

Michael

:iagree:

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-05-2013 06:57 PM

SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION JUST RECEIVED...

My local service manager just contacted me after receiving word from the plant about my Corvette. First, they are saying that I will have it back by Christmas. Secondly, there have been some issues with getting the body assembled like it should be. Keep in mind, this is likely the first production C7 they have re-assembled by hand. As a result, there have been some issues getting it assembled in the condition that passes their standards.

As I had stated in a previous post, the car was due to be released this week. However, they decided today that they are not 100% satisfied and are going to do everything again.

Now, keep in mind that the first couple of weeks that it was at the plant were devoted to repairing the electronic issues that the car had. This being the case, I do feel that it is possible that I will receive my Corvette back by Christmas.

I will guarantee you this, since this has gone beyond what they had anticipated, they are taking every measure to ensure that I will be completely satisfied. In the end, I have a hunch that I will be happier with my new Corvette than I was on the day that I took delivery of her! :thumbs:

cattman 12-05-2013 07:04 PM

This is so bizarre. I hope you get it back soon, and that no one else has to deal with this. Especially me ;)
CATTMAN

C7VY 12-05-2013 07:13 PM

I am surprised that GM has not just built you a new car it would have been cheaper and quicker.

Just my .03

Shrike6 12-05-2013 07:17 PM

You have my sincere best wishes. You are a far better man than I. May you be amply
rewarded.

JimNeedsC7 12-05-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by cattman (Post 1585603741)
This is so bizarre. I hope you get it back soon, and that no one else has to deal with this. Especially me ;)
CATTMAN

Yeah - beyond bizarre IMO - they can build one in two days but can't re-skin this car in two months?

I know I won't have to deal with this stuff, because based on this car and multiple C7's with engine and trans-axle failures I have decided that I'm moving on. Such a shame that this beautiful and exciting design has been let down by Chevy's inability to get the production right. Maybe in time the situation will change but I will not gamble $70k that the one they build for me might turn out to be one of the good ones.

RJRSW 12-05-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585603668)
SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION JUST RECEIVED...

My local service manager just contacted me after receiving word from the plant about my Corvette. First, they are saying that I will have it back by Christmas. Secondly, there have been some issues with getting the body assembled like it should be.

I hope you are going to tell us all that the service manager said " April Fools" after he told you that, if not this whole thing is very very sad for both you and GM. I don't think just a 10 grand concession would be nearly enough to compensate if it was my new car that had been ripped apart and rebuilt. :ack: