CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Paint runs on doors...the rest of the story (from pickup to re-delivery) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3365606-paint-runs-on-doors-the-rest-of-the-story-from-pickup-to-re-delivery.html)

millers1 11-17-2013 07:41 AM

I hope your car looks beautiful when you get it back, and it's a shame everyone can't have the same attitude about things that you do! Be sure to post pics when you get it back. Hubby and I picked up our torch red z51 on Thursday and we love it!!

ByByBMW 11-17-2013 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448498)
Yes...all new body panels.

I am so glad GM is taking care of your car. Like the rest, I'm hoping that when you get your car back, you are nothing less than ecstatic with the results. :thumbs:

evo8power 11-17-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585448335)
Listen pal....it's your thread about your car and all that.....

Now, how about staying out of it, there's important hijacking to do like:
The proper use of YOUR/YOU'RE
Unions: Love 'em or hate 'em
So, is it spelled TRAYLOR, TRALOR,TRAILOR,TRAILER....? However it's spelled, it better be "inclosed" (oh wait, is that "enclosed"?)
There's little to no orange peel on BMW/M-B/Aston Martin/etc (BTW, what is orange peel. Never mind, I'm sure the highend cars don't have it, those M3 orange peel photos weren't real)

And now to the OP:
You have shown, by your actions, how someone should deal with problems in life. Thanks for showing the way, I look forward to the photos of your car when it gets back.

Jimmy

hey Jimbo, i didnt pass grammer? gramar? grammar? In high school, but did pass business management...i own 4 McDonalds Franchises in NE CT..is that spelled right?

OP....hope you get your car back better than ever!

billiam01 11-17-2013 12:25 PM

It must be the molds and the material. I'm not sure exactly what the material is; is it SMC or some kind of fiberglass which probably doesn't lend itself well to consistent precise fit on the factory floor. Sometimes the fit problem can be corrected and other times not because the part can't be stretched so it should be discarded rather than left on. Would more money correct this problem? Probably as demonstrated by it's higher priced competition. With the way GM cuts its contracts with suppliers, high consistent quality is probably guesswork on a low volume car. I'd rather pay more than see defects like this. It does take a high degree of skill to make accurate molds. This is a supplier issue, not an assembly issue. Are the assemblers allowed to reject parts that don't fit right? They have to stop the line when it doesn't. This is where the QC should be. And if these are painted parts, they can reject those with orange peel too. This way the factory can catch and track down the problem more efficiently (down to the batch where they came from).

R&L's C6 11-17-2013 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585450025)
hey Jimbo, i didnt pass grammer? gramar? grammar? In high school, but did pass business management...i own 4 McDonalds Franchises in NE CT..is that spelled right?

Free happy meals for forum members....:woohoo::rock::rock::rock:

michaelinmech 11-17-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585451300)
Free happy meals for forum members....:woohoo::rock::rock::rock:

^ Hamburger, Cheeseburger or Chicken McNuggets ???? :smiliedrool:

JWingo 11-17-2013 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585447897)
OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

Shame on you CHEVY!!!!! Here is what the Shelby was delivered in!!!
:rock::cheers:

Ford has to enclose the 2 ton pony car because of such poor aerodynamics. Do you call it "Big Mac"? :rock::rock::rock:

rmedina 11-17-2013 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585447897)
OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

Shame on you CHEVY!!!!! Here is what the Shelby was delivered in!!!
:rock::cheers:

You are correct brother. While I was at the body shop at my local dealership here in San Antonio the guy taking care of me told me the vettes are coming in on a open trailer, but they are covered. He also told me they have already had to repaint a number of them because of paint issues.

Hell I had dirt in my paint when it was delivered to me. The GM paint department is a joke or whoever is in charge of final inspections needs to get his eyes check.

C7_Z06 11-17-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448498)
Yes...all new body panels.

Good news! Glad to know they're going above & beyond... :thumbs:

rcallen484 11-18-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by rmedina (Post 1585455617)
You are correct brother. While I was at the body shop at my local dealership here in San Antonio the guy taking care of me told me the vettes are coming in on a open trailer, but they are covered. He also told me they have already had to repaint a number of them because of paint issues.

Hell I had dirt in my paint when it was delivered to me. The GM paint department is a joke or whoever is in charge of final inspections needs to get his eyes check.

You came all the way here to C7 forum from the politics, religion and controversy forum for the first time to contribute this to our knowledge base? Thanks :thumbs: :rofl: :thumbs:

Hirohawa 11-18-2013 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585456046)
You came all the way here to C7 forum from the politics, religion and controversy forum for the first time to contribute this to our knowledge base? Thanks :thumbs: :rofl: :thumbs:

The self appointed Sheriff of the C7 Cool aid brigade chimes in as always.

"Thanks":thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

jimmyb 11-18-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585450025)

Good for you, I was concerned about your ability to earn an honest wage...

And the hijacks roll on.

Jimmy

jimmyb 11-18-2013 07:33 AM

Hmmm....So, they've gotten a whole bunch of C7's in San Antonio already????
Which BIG Corvette dealer would that be....you know, in San Antonio?

Jimmy

PS. You should post some pictures of YOUR C7 with the dirt in the paint......

ByByBMW 11-18-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1585456361)
The self appointed Sheriff of the C7 Cool aid brigade chimes in as always.

"Thanks":thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

:thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

louloumax 11-18-2013 09:29 AM

total repaint

found a guy who had his brand new arctic white c7 disassembled and repainted to correct some defects and change the color slightly.
cost him $15,000. dedicated to perfection!
google this phrase for a link to the posting on another site:
''Fixing the poor paint finish and body issues''

sam90lx 11-18-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by louloumax (Post 1585457335)
found a guy who had his brand new arctic white c7 disassembled and repainted to correct some defects and change the color slightly.
cost him $15,000. dedicated to perfection!
google this phrase for a link to the posting on another site:
''Fixing the poor paint finish and body issues''

Why not have GM fix it for free? Kind of foolish to drop another 15k on a brand new 60-70k car.

Edit: just saw "change the color slightly".

Red Lightening 11-18-2013 02:01 PM

Did the car ever come back?

michaelinmech 11-18-2013 02:12 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585456731)
Hmmm....So, they've gotten a whole bunch of C7's in San Antonio already????
Which BIG Corvette dealer would that be....you know, in San Antonio?

Jimmy

PS. You should post some pictures of YOUR C7 with the dirt in the paint......

:iagree: Jimmy.

rmedina please do enlighten us as the San Antonia dealer who has received a number of C7s with paint issues that your buddy in the body shop has had to repaint? This is the first I have heard of a dealer repainting a number of C7s - how did the number of customers they were ordered for react to the dealer repaint on their new rides? Did your dealer do complete panel removals on these cars before painting or did they repaint them intact?

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 02:19 PM

I'm the OP of this thread and have no idea about anything happening in San Antonio. Perhaps the San Antonio situation would be better discussed in a new thread.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 02:20 PM

My car should be back this week! :)