CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Paint runs on doors...the rest of the story (from pickup to re-delivery) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3365606-paint-runs-on-doors-the-rest-of-the-story-from-pickup-to-re-delivery.html)

TulsaVette 12-20-2013 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585722624)
Yes, there are definitely things far more important than our cars...even Corvettes. :)

I spent over an hour inspecting everything on the car, and I will tell you that they got it right and I couldn't be more pleased! I do have some bad news...I don't have any photos to post...yet. They needed to do some software updates to the car and it was starting to rain, so I left it with them so they could do that. A full review with pics and details will come soon...once I can take photos and then produce a proper review. She looks sooooooooooo good!!! :thumbs:

As long as you are happy with it, I am happy for you. :cheers: Congrats my OK brother on getting your car back, it looks sharp!

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-21-2013 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Shrike6 (Post 1585723096)
I'm very happy for you.:thumbs:
It must have been a great relief to find the paint and fit was alright.
Just very puzzled that a car that just left the factory after the most intense scrutiny and weeks of perfecting the product, minutes after delivery, needs software updates.
What, pray tell, did the FACTORY not make right? Did they not bring everything up to date?
Does your service guy say he has more up to date software than the factory, who committed to making your car as perfect in every way as they could?
I am confused by all the dissembling by GM and it's minions on this.
You get to wait 7 weeks, go to pick it up, inspect it, and have to leave it again because something was not done?
I call shenanigans.:eek:

Originally Posted by millpond (Post 1585723165)
My thoughts exactly...the software update should have been done at the factory.

There were a total of four software updates that needed to be checked, from what I was told. Two were completed at the factory. The other two were very recent and were to be completed by my dealership this evening. :cheers:

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1585723220)
Hard to argue with the above. But, the car did leave the factory a few days ago. Things can change quickly, updates may have been needed for nano-quick Corvettes. :thumbs: Let's just hope all is well now, for good. I think this has been a good learning experience for all, even we who are so remote from this one car. Good luck with it, and drive it in good health.:cheers:

Originally Posted by Specracer (Post 1585723228)
Happy for you!

Originally Posted by Shrike6 (Post 1585723253)
If that is the way they do business, after everything our friend has been through, so be it.:crazy2:
Wait, wasn't everything the car went back to BG for a warranty issue?

Originally Posted by TulsaVette (Post 1585724152)
As long as you are happy with it, I am happy for you. :cheers: Congrats my OK brother on getting your car back, it looks sharp!

Thanks to all! :cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-21-2013 12:34 AM

I'm supposed to be able to take my baby home tomorrow, but tonight we are having freezing rain that is supposed to continue through the night and into the morning, then change to rain through the day and back to freezing rain in the evening. Just my luck!

:banghead::banghead::lolg::lolg:

One way or another, I'm determined to get pics posted by tomorrow evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

millpond 12-21-2013 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585724907)
I'm supposed to be able to take my baby home tomorrow, but tonight we are having freezing rain that is supposed to continue through the night and into the morning, then change to rain through the day and back to freezing rain in the evening. Just my luck!

:banghead::banghead::lolg::lolg:

One way or another, I'm determined to get pics posted by tomorrow evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the pics! Good luck with the car and weather!

dmaxx3500 12-21-2013 01:47 AM

glad to see you got it back[as close as it is right now] good luck

louloumax 12-21-2013 10:45 AM

jag: like about a million other forum readers, i have been following your saga/ordeal since the beginning.
nothing but kudos for your attitude and patience and congrats in finally getting the yellow beauty back where it belongs.

regarding gm: they used to say of yassar arafat's dealings with mid east peace talks,''he never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity''.

i believe gm has done the same here. the bad paint job was gm's opportunity to show how great their after-sale service is. AND, they started out in fine form by not fighting the claim and with accommodations to jag, the ''injured party''.

jag did his part in not badmouthing gm and even praising their actions. [maybe someday we'll find out how accommodating they were. and jag deserves it!].

i was rooting for jag, as we all were, but also saw it as a plus for gm's reputation after the stain of the bankruptcy and taxpayer bailout. [btw, still waiting for the thank you letter.]

the long passage of time is when things went sour, imho. two weeks, three, tops would have been reasonable. the patient arrived at the gm ER and it took 8 weeks. ok, maybe it wasn't an emergency priority, but gm's lollygagging and ''we'll get to it when we get to it'' attitude puts them back in the negative column for service after the sale.

glad for the happy ending and eagerly await more pix:cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-21-2013 12:44 PM

Thanks for the comments...and I'm sorry I haven't been able to get pics up yet. I hope to have them up sometime in the next few weeks! ;) Okay, seriously, I'll be heading to the dealership once the roads are thawed a little. We have anywhere from .25 to 1 inch of ice on everything here which means I will likely just take pictures at the dealership and not bring it home until Monday. But I know it's in the best possible hands besides mine while it's there.

RJRSW 12-21-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585727482)
Thanks for the comments...and I'm sorry I haven't been able to get pics up yet. I hope to have them up sometime in the next few weeks! ;) Okay, seriously, I'll be heading to the dealership once the roads are thawed a little. We have anywhere from .25 to 1 inch of ice on everything here which means I will likely just take pictures at the dealership and not bring it home until Monday. But I know it's in the best possible hands besides mine while it's there.

Smart move, you wouldn't want to take a chance on bad roads after all you have been though already.:yesnod:

Looks like you guys are getting the weather that passed though Tucson a day or two ago, we only got rain and some cooler 50 degree weather from that front.

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-21-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1585727983)
Smart move, you wouldn't want to take a chance on bad roads after all you have been though already.:yesnod:

Looks like you guys are getting the weather that passed though Tucson a day or two ago, we only got rain and some cooler 50 degree weather from that front.

We went from sunny and around 70 to sub-freezing and freezing rain...at least I had a few days to enjoy the vert before winter came roaring in! :lol:

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-21-2013 06:50 PM

Back from taking pics! BUT, my wife isn't going to be very happy if I don't go with her to the Christmas party we are supposed to be at in 15 minutes, so here's one pic for my forum friends. I'll start a new thread with a good number of pics and details after the party. :cheers:

http://s5.postimg.org/b0d8zblzb/IMG_3122.jpg

george vee 12-21-2013 06:59 PM

Looks good and I see a new addition...The wing spoiler.

Philr56 12-21-2013 07:02 PM

Any else notice the carbon fiber front air dam and side skirts?

SUB VETTE 12-21-2013 07:03 PM

Look forward to the rest of the pictures:thumbs:

ZL-1 12-21-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Philr56 (Post 1585730091)

Would the factory install aftermarket parts or 2015 Z06 parts?

Edit: or maybe it wasn't the factory that installed them?

Bluewasp 12-21-2013 07:47 PM

Besides the wing, skirts, and the front splitter. What else was installed? Looks nice!!

ONLY ONE PICTURE! Tell her there is another Christmas party next year.

Bluewasp 12-21-2013 07:57 PM

That would be cool if GM install z0x parts on the car.... Maybe installed a LT1 hot cam too! :)

HerbE 12-21-2013 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=jr3;1585723186]The Z51 spoiler looks a lot better...

The other spoiler (firebird style) kinda looks like one of those rear deck lid spoilers on the 80's Pontiac Firebirds...

The Z51 Spoiler looks as though it was designed to fit the C7

This "Wing" Spoiler looks likes a "Bolt it on - Universal Fit - Aftermarket" thing.

HerbE

runutzzzzz 12-21-2013 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Philr56 (Post 1585730091)

:iagree:

I wanna see what else you got!

Looks like Center Caps too.

I can only assume you got the whole C7 accessory catalog and then some! :thumbs:

UniqueDoug 12-21-2013 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bluewasp (Post 1585730432)
That would be cool if GM install z0x parts on the car.... Maybe installed a LT1 hot cam too! :)

:iagree: This is getting good!

E.T.D. Corvettes 12-22-2013 12:46 AM

Working on a new thread right now...stay tuned :thumbs:

Link to the new thread here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...shes-home.html