CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Paint runs on doors...the rest of the story (from pickup to re-delivery) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3365606-paint-runs-on-doors-the-rest-of-the-story-from-pickup-to-re-delivery.html)

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-14-2013 11:25 PM

I'm extremely excited tonight after receiving a report about my Corvette! They are still working on it, but should have it completed in three to four days. They are basically rebuilding my car with all new body panels, which is absolutely incredible in my opinion. I imagine most of the body replacement has been done/is being done by hand. I'll have bit of a rarity when it's all said and done! :thumbs:

While some like to badmouth QC for even allowing the car to be delivered as it was in the first place, that's water under the bridge and what really matters to me is that my Corvette is being rebuilt and will likely have the very best fit and finish possible. I had hoped to have it back by this Saturday so I could show it off at the Toys for Tots Drive on Sunday, but maybe I'll have it back in time for our Corvette club's participation in a local Christmas parade on Saturday, November 23. Hopefully Santa's sleigh, with my Corvette in tow, will arrive before the 23rd! :D

VETTE-NV 11-14-2013 11:37 PM

:thumbs:

Crossed Flags Fan 11-15-2013 12:20 AM

Yea! thats great news - glad for ya! :willy:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-15-2013 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV (Post 1585433180)

Originally Posted by ksowul (Post 1585433383)
Yea! thats great news - glad for ya! :willy:

Thanks! I wish I could see things as they were doing them! :)

R&L's C6 11-15-2013 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585433406)
Thanks! I wish I could see things as they were doing them! :)

Glad to hear things are almost over and you'll be getting your baby back soon. You will be one of the few to have a hand built, super inspected car.:rock:

When they did mine I asked if they could take some pictures with the body panels off. One of the quality control engineers said there's good naked and bad naked, and that would be bad naked :rofl: The only picture I got was when we picked it up sitting in the light booth. :(

Slynky 11-15-2013 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585433110)
I'm extremely excited tonight after receiving a report about my Corvette! They are still working on it, but should have it completed in three to four days. They are basically rebuilding my car with all new body panels, which is absolutely incredible in my opinion. I imagine most of the body replacement has been done/is being done by hand. I'll have bit of a rarity when it's all said and done! :thumbs:

While some like to badmouth QC for even allowing the car to be delivered as it was in the first place, that's water under the bridge and what really matters to me is that my Corvette is being rebuilt and will likely have the very best fit and finish possible. I had hoped to have it back by this Saturday so I could show it off at the Toys for Tots Drive on Sunday, but maybe I'll have it back in time for our Corvette club's participation in a local Christmas parade on Saturday, November 23. Hopefully Santa's sleigh, with my Corvette in tow, will arrive before the 23rd! :D

Nice read.

You sound like you live life "on an even keel". Good for your stress levels. :thumbs: I don't think I could manage that attitude myself.

I think they should have built you a new car and used the old one as a demo, loaner, advertisement, etc.

svtkeith 11-15-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1585433922)
Nice read.

You sound like you live life "on an even keel". Good for your stress levels. :thumbs: I don't think I could manage that attitude myself.

I think they should have built you a new car and used the old one as a demo, loaner, advertisement, etc.

I agree he's way more patient than I would be...I feel so bad for the ones going through this as there's no reason for this in this day and age..it down right sux IMO.

Slynky 11-15-2013 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by svtkeith (Post 1585433946)
I agree he's way more patient than I would be...I feel so bad for the ones going through this as there's no reason for this in this day and age..it down right sux IMO.

Agree. I thought automated automotive assembly technology had gotten to the point of being almost foolproof. The 3D engineering technology we have these days makes designing parts that fit nearly perfectly a cinch. Painting should be tuned to a perfect paint job and once done, the computer repeats every movement and timing EXACTLY time-after-time from that point on. The only variable would be paint viscosity or mixture, I guess.

Maybe BG set up the plant and retooled it and commenced production to stay on schedule despite not having everything working perfectly.

BSE1956 11-15-2013 07:48 AM

Aside from all the QC and other issues...why would they leave that car hanging off the back of the trailer, aft of the rear wheel set?
Shouldn't the load be centered between the wheels!?
I am not a truck driver, but logic tells me that there is a much better place for that car on an otherwise empty trailer.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-15-2013 12:17 PM

Yes, it sucks, but I try to be patient. After suddenly and unexpectedly loosing my mother at the age of 65 two years ago, I'm even more quick to realize that things are just things and that most things we get all worked up about in life aren't really all that important in the end. So I try...sometimes I'm better at it than at other times. :lol:

As for where the driver put my car on the trailer, the car is light enough that the position really didn't matter. He didn't want to risk any damage to the front air dam by driving it further onto the trailer. He even got out of the car once to ensure clearance. I was very impressed by the care the driver showed my Corvette.

michaelinmech 11-15-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585433880)
Glad to hear things are almost over and you'll be getting your baby back soon. You will be one of the few to have a hand built, super inspected car.:rock:

When they did mine I asked if they could take some pictures with the body panels off. One of the quality control engineers said there's good naked and bad naked, and that would be bad naked :rofl: The only picture I got was when we picked it up sitting in the light booth. :(

jagamajajaran & R&L's C6 - the only 2 factory, fully hand re-bodied, late model Corvettes I've ever heard of !!! :thumbs:

Maybe you 2 should have very special fender badges made, marking the celebrity of these 2 cars !!!! :thumbs:

Lastly, the VERY best thing about both of these experiences, from which we should all take heed, is the gentlemanly professional manner in which both guys handled their situations. No wailing, no bashing and no threats were employed. Both guys worked diligently and systematically within the GM procedures to bring their issue to the attention of the right folks. Having done so, and recognizing legitimate issues, Team Corvette did the right thing by both of them. I applaud all involved. :thumbs:

Glen e 11-15-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1585436242)

Lastly, the VERY best thing about both of these experiences, from which we should all take heed, is the gentlemanly professional manner in which both guys handled their situations. No wailing, no bashing and no threats were employed. Both guys worked diligently and systematically within the GM procedures to bring their issue to the attention of the right folks. Having done so, and recognizing legitimate issues, Team Corvette did the right thing by both of them. I applaud all involved. :thumbs:

agreed...polite directness implying you will not go away on this, and doors open...and it looks like you might have done some good with BG as a recent car came in perfect...let's hope they are trying A LOT harder...

ta70raiii 11-15-2013 01:57 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing the happy ending to this story!

MThomas 11-15-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585436276)
agreed...polite directness implying you will not go away on this, and doors open...and it looks like you might have done some good with BG as a recent car came in perfect...let's hope they are trying A LOT harder...

I can tell you first hand the build process is getting better day by day. Stopped by the museum while we are in Bowling Green. Looking at the corvettes on display for delivery you can see the gaps are getting tighter between let say the 2800 vin range and 5200 vin range. Believe they are making improvements every day and it's only going to get better. I'm enjoying the hell out of my C7. :thumbs:

nous defions 11-15-2013 02:04 PM

That car looks beautiful from here. I hope that it comes back looking even better so that you can regale us with some more awesome photos, but under better circumstances.

rcallen484 11-15-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585436108)
Yes, it sucks, but I try to be patient. After suddenly and unexpectedly loosing my mother at the age of 65 two years ago, I'm even more quick to realize that things are just things and that most things we get all worked up about in life aren't really all that important in the end. So I try...sometimes I'm better at it than at other times. :lol:

That is one example of why when I hear people say this is "sad" or that is "sad" about a car I just sigh to myself and think that there is really nothing about any car production issue which is "sad". Hope your car lives up to your expectations and gives you miles and miles of high performance smiles :cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-15-2013 02:11 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes! :cheers:

MThomas, thanks for the report! Of course, BG wants the new Corvette to be world class in all regards. They are definitely focused on getting there. :thumbs:

And of course, I will be sure to post a plethora of photos when I get her back! :party:

Slynky 11-15-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585436964)
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes! :cheers:

MThomas, thanks for the report! Of course, BG wants the new Corvette to be world class in all regards. They are definitely focused on getting there. :thumbs:

And of course, I will be sure to post a plethora of photos when I get her back! :party:

Will be looking forward to hearing the end of the story. BTW, two things:

That's the color I would order if I can ever swing it (but would have a tough choice if they brought back Atomic Orange). And secondly, my mother died of cancer when she was 67. Sometimes, my wife chats with her mother on the phone and gets off irritated. I gently remind her with these words, "Baby, remember...you have a mother...I wish I did." I only had to say it twice in the past year and now she has much better patience.

:cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-15-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1585437027)
Will be looking forward to hearing the end of the story. BTW, two things:

That's the color I would order if I can ever swing it (but would have a tough choice if they brought back Atomic Orange). And secondly, my mother died of cancer when she was 67. Sometimes, my wife chats with her mother on the phone and gets off irritated. I gently remind her with these words, "Baby, remember...you have a mother...I wish I did." I only had to say it twice in the past year and now she has much better patience.

:cheers:

Perspective is everything, my friend! :cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 09:01 PM

I decided to activate the OnStar Family Link so I can keep up with my Corvette's location. Here's a screen capture of it's location at the factory tonight!

http://s5.postimg.org/kmpk0xmkn/My_C...er_16_2013.jpg

uwec86 11-16-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585447475)
I decided to activate the OnStar Family Link so I can keep up with my Corvette's location. Here's a screen capture of it's location at the factory tonight!

Cool!

VETTE-NV 11-16-2013 09:46 PM

That's hilarious...it's even yellow.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV (Post 1585447712)
That's hilarious...it's even yellow.

:lol: Actually, Family Link lets you pick the color...so I made sure mine was yellow. :thumbs:

evo8power 11-16-2013 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

Shame on you CHEVY!!!!! Here is what the Shelby was delivered in!!!
:rock::cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 10:31 PM

Besides the fact that you failed to correctly spell "trailer," you also should know that Chevy is in fact transporting some Corvettes in enclosed trailers. But we give you a pass since you're a Mustang fan! :lol: :cheers:

P.S. My 19 year old son drives a 2000 Mustang. It was the only descent sports car with leather seats that he could afford for $2300. :D

evo8power 11-16-2013 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585447977)
Besides the fact that you failed to correctly spell "trailer," you also should know that Chevy is in fact transporting some Corvettes in enclosed trailers. But we give you a pass since you're a Mustang fan! :lol: :cheers:

P.S. My 19 year old son drives a 2000 Mustang. It was the only descent sports car with leather seats that he could afford for $2300. :D

I can feel that someone is trying to divert the fact that your car is being shipped in an open 'trailer', i just find that a shame

Im sorry for your son, im only 35, no kids here :)

Slynky 11-16-2013 11:08 PM

Hehe, all you need now is the infrared camera activated. ;)

evo8power 11-16-2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585447977)

$73,000 Shelby > $2300 Stanggggggg

Ok off to bed! :thumbs:

rcallen484 11-16-2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585447897)
OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sW65ilskOC...00/RatsAss.jpg

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585448143)
I can feel that someone is trying to divert the fact that your car is being shipped in an open 'trailer', i just find that a shame

Im sorry for your son, im only 35, no kids here :)

:lol: Mine may in fact be shipped back to me in an enclosed trailer. We'll see. :) And I'm proud of my son for saving his own money so he could pay cash for his first car. And it really is a nice car...he got a great deal on it. :thumbs:

evo8power 11-16-2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448207)
:lol: Mine may in fact be shipped back to me in an enclosed trailer. We'll see. :) And I'm proud of my son for saving his own money so he could pay cash for his first car. And it really is a nice car...he got a great deal on it. :thumbs:

your sons on my side!!! FORD!
Just having fun, im 35 married no kids, have had a 09' vette and an 11' Z06 and the Shelby the most fun to drive! Hope your boy enjoys it!

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585448278)
your sons on my side!!! FORD!
Just having fun, im 35 married no kids, have had a 09' vette and an 11' Z06 and the Shelby the most fun to drive! Hope your boy enjoys it!

Very nice rides you have there! He enjoys his Stang...but he'd rather have a Corvette... :lol: :cheers:

Slynky 11-16-2013 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448207)

And proud you should be. :thumbs: We told our daughter we'd match ever dollar she saved for a car. Her first car was (is) a 2003 red Celica GT.

Les 11-16-2013 11:37 PM

OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585448198)

:lolg: I'd love to get a plaque like that for my garage! :thumbs:

Red Lightening 11-16-2013 11:38 PM

Im betting your going to get a different car.

jimmyb 11-16-2013 11:40 PM

Listen pal....it's your thread about your car and all that.....

Now, how about staying out of it, there's important hijacking to do like:
The proper use of YOUR/YOU'RE
Unions: Love 'em or hate 'em
So, is it spelled TRAYLOR, TRALOR,TRAILOR,TRAILER....? However it's spelled, it better be "inclosed" (oh wait, is that "enclosed"?)
There's little to no orange peel on BMW/M-B/Aston Martin/etc (BTW, what is orange peel. Never mind, I'm sure the highend cars don't have it, those M3 orange peel photos weren't real)

And now to the OP:
You have shown, by your actions, how someone should deal with problems in life. Thanks for showing the way, I look forward to the photos of your car when it gets back.

Jimmy

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585448335)

So, is it spelled TRAYLOR, TRALOR,TRAILOR,TRAILER....? However it's spelled, it better be "inclosed" (oh wait, is that "enclosed"?)
There's little to no orange peel on BMW/M-B/Aston Martin/etc (BTW, what is orange peel. Never mind, I'm sure the highend cars don't have it, those M3 orange peel photos weren't real)

And now to the OP:
You have shown, by your actions, how someone should deal with problems in life. Thanks for showing the way, I look forward to the photos of your car when it gets back.

Jimmy

Tell me about it! I don't know what I was thinking! :lolg:

Thank you for the kind words...I'm looking forward to sharing lots of pics! :thumbs:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-16-2013 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Red Lightening (Post 1585448328)
Im betting your going to get a different car.

Word from a plant engineer is that they are completely re-skinning mine. It will definitely be a different car in that regard. :thumbs:

Slynky 11-17-2013 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448403)
Word from a plant engineer is that they are completely re-skinning mine. It will definitely be a different car in that regard. :thumbs:

Re-skinning...

Pulling off all body panels and putting on new ones?

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-17-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1585448481)
Re-skinning...

Pulling off all body panels and putting on new ones?

Yes...all new body panels.

millers1 11-17-2013 07:41 AM

I hope your car looks beautiful when you get it back, and it's a shame everyone can't have the same attitude about things that you do! Be sure to post pics when you get it back. Hubby and I picked up our torch red z51 on Thursday and we love it!!

ByByBMW 11-17-2013 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448498)

I am so glad GM is taking care of your car. Like the rest, I'm hoping that when you get your car back, you are nothing less than ecstatic with the results. :thumbs:

evo8power 11-17-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585448335)

And now to the OP:

Jimmy

hey Jimbo, i didnt pass grammer? gramar? grammar? In high school, but did pass business management...i own 4 McDonalds Franchises in NE CT..is that spelled right?

OP....hope you get your car back better than ever!

billiam01 11-17-2013 12:25 PM

It must be the molds and the material. I'm not sure exactly what the material is; is it SMC or some kind of fiberglass which probably doesn't lend itself well to consistent precise fit on the factory floor. Sometimes the fit problem can be corrected and other times not because the part can't be stretched so it should be discarded rather than left on. Would more money correct this problem? Probably as demonstrated by it's higher priced competition. With the way GM cuts its contracts with suppliers, high consistent quality is probably guesswork on a low volume car. I'd rather pay more than see defects like this. It does take a high degree of skill to make accurate molds. This is a supplier issue, not an assembly issue. Are the assemblers allowed to reject parts that don't fit right? They have to stop the line when it doesn't. This is where the QC should be. And if these are painted parts, they can reject those with orange peel too. This way the factory can catch and track down the problem more efficiently (down to the batch where they came from).

R&L's C6 11-17-2013 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585450025)
hey Jimbo, i didnt pass grammer? gramar? grammar? In high school, but did pass business management...i own 4 McDonalds Franchises in NE CT..is that spelled right?

Free happy meals for forum members....:woohoo::rock::rock::rock:

michaelinmech 11-17-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585451300)
Free happy meals for forum members....:woohoo::rock::rock::rock:

^ Hamburger, Cheeseburger or Chicken McNuggets ???? :smiliedrool:

JWingo 11-17-2013 09:42 PM

OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

Ford has to enclose the 2 ton pony car because of such poor aerodynamics. Do you call it "Big Mac"? :rock::rock::rock:

rmedina 11-17-2013 10:56 PM

OMG open TRAILOR!!!!!

You are correct brother. While I was at the body shop at my local dealership here in San Antonio the guy taking care of me told me the vettes are coming in on a open trailer, but they are covered. He also told me they have already had to repaint a number of them because of paint issues.

Hell I had dirt in my paint when it was delivered to me. The GM paint department is a joke or whoever is in charge of final inspections needs to get his eyes check.

C7_Z06 11-17-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585448498)

Good news! Glad to know they're going above & beyond... :thumbs:

rcallen484 11-18-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by rmedina (Post 1585455617)
You are correct brother. While I was at the body shop at my local dealership here in San Antonio the guy taking care of me told me the vettes are coming in on a open trailer, but they are covered. He also told me they have already had to repaint a number of them because of paint issues.

Hell I had dirt in my paint when it was delivered to me. The GM paint department is a joke or whoever is in charge of final inspections needs to get his eyes check.

You came all the way here to C7 forum from the politics, religion and controversy forum for the first time to contribute this to our knowledge base? Thanks :thumbs: :rofl: :thumbs:

Hirohawa 11-18-2013 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1585456046)
You came all the way here to C7 forum from the politics, religion and controversy forum for the first time to contribute this to our knowledge base? Thanks :thumbs: :rofl: :thumbs:

The self appointed Sheriff of the C7 Cool aid brigade chimes in as always.

"Thanks":thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

jimmyb 11-18-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585450025)

Good for you, I was concerned about your ability to earn an honest wage...

And the hijacks roll on.

Jimmy

jimmyb 11-18-2013 07:33 AM

Hmmm....So, they've gotten a whole bunch of C7's in San Antonio already????
Which BIG Corvette dealer would that be....you know, in San Antonio?

Jimmy

PS. You should post some pictures of YOUR C7 with the dirt in the paint......

ByByBMW 11-18-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1585456361)
The self appointed Sheriff of the C7 Cool aid brigade chimes in as always.

"Thanks":thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

:thumbs::rofl::thumbs:

louloumax 11-18-2013 09:29 AM

total repaint

found a guy who had his brand new arctic white c7 disassembled and repainted to correct some defects and change the color slightly.
cost him $15,000. dedicated to perfection!
google this phrase for a link to the posting on another site:
''Fixing the poor paint finish and body issues''

sam90lx 11-18-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by louloumax (Post 1585457335)
found a guy who had his brand new arctic white c7 disassembled and repainted to correct some defects and change the color slightly.
cost him $15,000. dedicated to perfection!
google this phrase for a link to the posting on another site:
''Fixing the poor paint finish and body issues''

Why not have GM fix it for free? Kind of foolish to drop another 15k on a brand new 60-70k car.

Edit: just saw "change the color slightly".

Red Lightening 11-18-2013 02:01 PM

Did the car ever come back?

michaelinmech 11-18-2013 02:12 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585456731)
Hmmm....So, they've gotten a whole bunch of C7's in San Antonio already????
Which BIG Corvette dealer would that be....you know, in San Antonio?

Jimmy

PS. You should post some pictures of YOUR C7 with the dirt in the paint......

:iagree: Jimmy.

rmedina please do enlighten us as the San Antonia dealer who has received a number of C7s with paint issues that your buddy in the body shop has had to repaint? This is the first I have heard of a dealer repainting a number of C7s - how did the number of customers they were ordered for react to the dealer repaint on their new rides? Did your dealer do complete panel removals on these cars before painting or did they repaint them intact?

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 02:19 PM

I'm the OP of this thread and have no idea about anything happening in San Antonio. Perhaps the San Antonio situation would be better discussed in a new thread.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 02:20 PM

My car should be back this week! :)

michaelinmech 11-18-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585459526)
I'm the OP of this thread and have no idea about anything happening in San Antonio. Perhaps the San Antonio situation would be better discussed in a new thread.

Thanks for the heads up - Now corrected - My bad jagamajajaran :thumbs:

H101 11-18-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585459537)

Super.... thanks for being upbeat while Chevy takes care of fixing the problem. Something this Forum needs.

louloumax 11-18-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1585459316)
Why not have GM fix it for free? Kind of foolish to drop another 15k on a brand new 60-70k car.

Edit: just saw "change the color slightly".

sam,
reading his post--great pix, btw--i don't think the paint and fit were that bad. he just wanted an excuse to liven it up a little. i'd love to see the paint in person. white, no matter how interesting, still looks pretty much like white on the computer.

R&L's C6 11-18-2013 05:12 PM

That's great and cant wait to see the results. Without a doubt your car will be an example of the best possible fit n finish the plant is capable of.

jimmyb 11-18-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585459526)

That's my fault...when rmedina posted that foolishness (San Antonio and C7's being re-painted), I should have left it alone.

Can't wait to see your car.

Jimmy

evo8power 11-18-2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by JWingo (Post 1585455102)
Ford has to enclose the 2 ton pony car because of such poor aerodynamics. Do you call it "Big Mac"? :rock::rock::rock:

:crazy2::smash:

evo8power 11-18-2013 05:44 PM

cant wait to see the pictures! Hope it looks great!!

(please dont be on an open trailor)

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1585459575)
Thanks for the heads up - Now corrected - My bad jagamajajaran :thumbs:

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585461201)
That's my fault...when rmedina posted that foolishness (San Antonio and C7's being re-painted), I should have left it alone.

Can't wait to see your car.

Jimmy

No problem :cheers:

Originally Posted by H101 (Post 1585460262)
Super.... thanks for being upbeat while Chevy takes care of fixing the problem. Something this Forum needs.

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585461134)
That's great and cant wait to see the results. Without a doubt your car will be an example of the best possible fit n finish the plant is capable of.

Originally Posted by evo8power (Post 1585461370)
cant wait to see the pictures! Hope it looks great!!

(please dont be on an open trailor)

Thanks to all! I can't wait to see it either! :lol:

girardta 11-18-2013 11:00 PM

I have 2007 Yellow Corvette that attracts a lot of attention. After seeing the pics of your car here, I sort of regret going with the Torch Red, but I wanted the interior - if Chevrolet had offered a "yellow-on-yellow," it would have been a simple choice.

My car should be delivered later this week: VIN 6871.

What I wonder about is the huge difference between your VIN and mine. You've had this thread going for about 3 weeks, which doesn't seem to allow enough time to produce 5,000 vehicles.

Waiting to hear what GM actually did to your car to fix it.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-18-2013 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by girardta (Post 1585464372)
I have 2007 Yellow Corvette that attracts a lot of attention. After seeing the pics of your car here, I sort of regret going with the Torch Red, but I wanted the interior - if Chevrolet had offered a "yellow-on-yellow," it would have been a simple choice.

My car should be delivered later this week: VIN 6871.

What I wonder about is the huge difference between your VIN and mine. You've had this thread going for about 3 weeks, which doesn't seem to allow enough time to produce 5,000 vehicles.

Waiting to hear what GM actually did to your car to fix it.

I'm sure there will be aftermarket yellow interior options...but red is a nice color too! :thumbs:

My Corvette arrived at the dealership on October 2, almost 7 weeks ago. :)

Slynky 11-19-2013 08:30 AM

Cool ! Can't wait for your inspection and review. (crossing fingers)

Jesse 11-19-2013 09:08 AM

While some like to badmouth QC for even allowing the car to be delivered as it was in the first place, that's water under the bridge and what really matters to me is that my Corvette is being rebuilt and will likely have the very best fit and finish possible.

jag, I am sincerely happy to hear that your C7 will be back soon :yesnod: :thumbs:

But, as you know, I am one of those who like to badmouth QC for allowing this car to be delivered in the first place :yesnod:

While I respect your handling of it, it still doesn't erase the fact that this C7 was delivered, found to have numerous paint issues, enough that GM would take it back, and as you say, "they are basically rebuilding my car with all new body panels." :cool: and :ack: at the same time.

You stated, "my Corvette is being rebuilt and will likely have the very best fit and finish possible," but, don't you think all C7 owners deserve to say that too, without having to send their car back to BG?

So, while you are excited and see the glass as half full, I still have to say, putting aside the way they're are fixing their problem, how can a car that required this much work have ever passed QC? I say it shouldn't, and at $55,000+ that's unacceptable.

While I'm tired of all the unjustified bashing threads regarding the C7, we cannot stick our heads in the sand when there truly is a problem that should never have left the factory. No owner should have to wait many months, spend over $55,000, get their C7 and then have to trailer it back to BG so they can fix mistakes that should never have left in the first place.

Again, I think your attitude is great :thumbs: but, I just can't join the love fest for GM for fixing a problem that should never have made it to your house in the first place :nonod:

I hope when you get it this time, that it is done correctly, the way it should have been the first time it was delivered :cheers:

Some will agree with me, some won't, and that's fine, but, these are my thoughts/opinions made as a C7 owner :thumbs: and this thread is open to positive and respectful negative input, which mine is.

Slynky 11-19-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by cor08vette (Post 1585466359)
jag, I am sincerely happy to hear that your C7 will be back soon :yesnod: :thumbs:

But, as you know, I am one of those who like to badmouth QC for allowing this car to be delivered in the first place :yesnod:

While I respect your handling of it, it still doesn't erase the fact that this C7 was delivered, found to have numerous paint issues, enough that GM would take it back, and as you say, "they are basically rebuilding my car with all new body panels." :cool: and :ack: at the same time.

You stated, "my Corvette is being rebuilt and will likely have the very best fit and finish possible," but, don't you think all C7 owners deserve to say that too, without having to send their car back to BG?

So, while you are excited and see the glass as half full, I still have to say, putting aside the way they're are fixing their problem, how can a car that required this much work have ever passed QC? I say it shouldn't, and at $55,000+ that's unacceptable.

While I'm tired of all the unjustified bashing threads regarding the C7, we cannot stick our heads in the sand when there truly is a problem that should never have left the factory. No owner should have to wait many months, spend over $55,000, get their C7 and then have to trailer it back to BG so they can fix mistakes that should never have left in the first place.

Again, I think your attitude is great :thumbs: but, I just can't join the love fest for GM for fixing a problem that should never have made it to your house in the first place :nonod:

I hope when you get it this time, that it is done correctly, the way it should have been the first time it was delivered :cheers:

Some will agree with me, some won't, and that's fine, but, these are my thoughts/opinions made as a C7 owner :thumbs: and this thread is open to positive and respectful negative input, which mine is.

You raise a good point and hopefully, BG is going to go through the line and make some adjustments. So, yes, products like this shouldn't go out. On the other hand, as you also noted, the OP is dealing with it very well and even hopeful. The post is useful for other people who might be in the same situation and think they have to live with it. The quality from the assembly line aside, the OP's intention was to also highlight GM's response to the problem--which is admirable. Personally, as I had mentioned before, I would have hoped they would have built a new car for him and used that one for other purposes.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-19-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Slynky (Post 1585466109)
Cool ! Can't wait for your inspection and review. (crossing fingers)

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cor08vette (Post 1585466359)

I completely agree with you, with the exception of the "love fest for GM" comment. Yes, the car should have not made it out of the factory. Plant management agrees with that 100%. But they are also compensating me in various ways for the time, loss of use, and inconvenience of the situation. I choose to not disclose all that they are doing for me because I feel there are some who would take that information and abuse it with their own issues.

I also agree that every new Corvette owner deserves to say that their Corvette has the very best fit and finish possible. My comment was that I expect mine will when it returns to me. This is what I hope for all new Corvette buyers...without having to send it back to the factory. :yesnod:

Thanks for posting! :cheers:

Jesse 11-19-2013 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585466605)
Thanks! I completely agree with you, with the exception of the "love fest for GM" comment. Yes, the car should have not made it out of the factory. Plant management agrees with that 100%. But they are also compensating me in various ways for the time, loss of use, and inconvenience of the situation. I choose to not disclose all that they are doing for me because I feel there are some who would take that information and abuse it with their own issues. I also agree that every new Corvette owner deserves to say that their Corvette has the very best fit and finish possible. My comment was that I expect mine will when it returns to me. This is what I hope for all new Corvette buyers...without having to send it back to the factory. :yesnod: Thanks for posting! :cheers:

jag, you have always been respectful to all comments, and you've had a very positive attitude throughout this which is commendable :thumbs:

To clarify my "love fest," comment about GM. I just feel that regardless of the compensation they are extending you, as we know, this (the paint issue), shouldn't have happened, and while the plant manager agrees 100% have they made changes to prevent it from happening again, and what will they do for all those who received their C7 with similar paint and other issues?

Again, congrats on getting your C7 back, and all that GM did to make it right :cheers:

mark1107 11-19-2013 11:35 AM

Jagamajaran and Harvey t gluck are the two classiest guys on the forums.

svtkeith 11-19-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585466605)
Thanks!

I completely agree with you, with the exception of the "love fest for GM" comment. Yes, the car should have not made it out of the factory. Plant management agrees with that 100%. But they are also compensating me in various ways for the time, loss of use, and inconvenience of the situation. I choose to not disclose all that they are doing for me because I feel there are some who would take that information and abuse it with their own issues.

I also agree that every new Corvette owner deserves to say that their Corvette has the very best fit and finish possible. My comment was that I expect mine will when it returns to me. This is what I hope for all new Corvette buyers...without having to send it back to the factory. :yesnod:

Thanks for posting! :cheers:

Well said and so glad to hear your C7 was fixed and hope you're real pleased with it...:cheers:.....Way to go GM for doing the fixing...:cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-19-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by cor08vette (Post 1585467070)
jag, you have always been respectful to all comments, and you've had a very positive attitude throughout this which is commendable :thumbs:

To clarify my "love fest," comment about GM. I just feel that regardless of the compensation they are extending you, as we know, this (the paint issue), shouldn't have happened, and while the plant manager agrees 100% have they made changes to prevent it from happening again, and what will they do for all those who received their C7 with similar paint and other issues?

Again, congrats on getting your C7 back, and all that GM did to make it right :cheers:

Originally Posted by mark1107 (Post 1585467575)
Jagamajaran and Harvey t gluck are the two classiest guys on the forums.

Originally Posted by svtkeith (Post 1585468465)
Well said and so glad to hear your C7 was fixed and hope you're real pleased with it...:cheers:.....Way to go GM for doing the fixing...:cheers:

Thanks, friends...you're all too kind. This is a great and helpful forum and I appreciate everyone's input. :cheers:

girardta 11-20-2013 12:18 AM

Picked up my car this evening - everything looked to be ok - VIN 6871.

Biggest problem is I couldn't get the NAV chick to STFU. No owners manual in the car that I could find; going back to the dealer tomorrow for the classroom instructions on how to be a rocket scientist in 10 minutes or less.

Sure does drive nice.

37 days from Chevy accepting the order to delivery to me. Lots better than I expected.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-20-2013 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by girardta (Post 1585474169)
Picked up my car this evening - everything looked to be ok - VIN 6871.

Biggest problem is I couldn't get the NAV chick to STFU. No owners manual in the car that I could find; going back to the dealer tomorrow for the classroom instructions on how to be a rocket scientist in 10 minutes or less.

Sure does drive nice.

37 days from Chevy accepting the order to delivery to me. Lots better than I expected.

That's great! Congrats! :cheers:

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-21-2013 11:47 AM

OnStar Family Link shows my Corvette has been moved to a different area of the plant. Wonder what they are doing to it today?! :)

http://s5.postimg.org/8dzxq86fb/My_C...er_21_2013.jpg

c6miller 11-21-2013 12:04 PM

I sincerely hope you are happier with the results than I was when BG returned my 2010 GS to correct rear panel fit. However, they finally made things right for me on a 2012.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-21-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by c6miller (Post 1585485919)
I sincerely hope you are happier with the results than I was when BG returned my 2010 GS to correct rear panel fit. However, they finally made things right for me on a 2012.

Why weren't you happy with the 2010 GS?

RJRSW 11-21-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585485771)
OnStar Family Link shows my Corvette has been moved to a different area of the plant. Wonder what they are doing to it today?! :)

Has the dealer or GM giving you a revised date as to when the car will be back in your hands? As I recall when they picked it up in late October you said they were estimating you would have it back in 3 weeks.

Do you know how all of this will be shown when someone would later have a GMVIS report run on the car? I always have one run whenever I'm considering buying another vette prior to making an offer.

I went though something similar on a new first year vette convert I bought, the paint was so bad when it arrived General Motors authorized a complete repaint before I took delivery. The GM at the dealership was a family friend and he would not even let me see the car when it first arrived till they were satisfied with the car. Turned out good for me as the paint was perfect when I got it and hope that your situation goes as well as mine did. :D

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-21-2013 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1585486664)
Has the dealer or GM giving you a revised date as to when the car will be back in your hands? As I recall when they picked it up in late October you said they were estimating you would have it back in 3 weeks.

Do you know how all of this will be shown when someone would later have a GMVIS report run on the car? I always have one run whenever I'm considering buying another vette prior to making an offer.

I went though something similar on a new first year vette convert I bought, the paint was so bad when it arrived General Motors authorized a complete repaint before I took delivery. The GM at the dealership was a family friend and he would not even let me see the car when it first arrived till they were satisfied with the car. Turned out good for me as the paint was perfect when I got it and hope that your situation goes as well as mine did. :D

The initial estimate was indeed approximately three weeks. Monday, November 18, marked three weeks, and I anticipate it being returned to me early next week...hopefully. My preference is to wait a little longer than to have them do a rush job on it. I'm glad your situation worked out well for you and I trust mine will work out well too. Thanks for the post!

c6miller 11-21-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585485950)
Why weren't you happy with the 2010 GS?

BG could not even the gaps in the rear quarter panels and conv deck lid because they were at an angle, so adjusting one side effected the other sides. When the top was up, the deck lid was about 1/4" below the trunk and when it was down 1/4" above the trunk. No adjustment could fix this. There must have been something wrong in the bucket installation or the frame. Additionally, there were scratches on the paint that were not there before it left for BG. GM gave me $5000 credit and a generous discount off the 2012 which was fair. I just wanted to get rid of the 2010 regardless. Again, I hope all is well when you get your Corvette back.

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-21-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by c6miller (Post 1585487242)
BG could not even the gaps in the rear quarter panels and conv deck lid because they were at an angle, so adjusting one side effected the other sides. When the top was up, the deck lid was about 1/4" below the trunk and when it was down 1/4" above the trunk. No adjustment could fix this. There must have been something wrong in the bucket installation or the frame. Additionally, there were scratches on the paint that were not there before it left for BG. GM gave me $5000 credit and a generous discount off the 2012 which was fair. I just wanted to get rid of the 2010 regardless. Again, I hope all is well when you get your Corvette back.

Glad you were happy in the end (once you had your 2012, I assume)...thanks again!

Mecholova 11-21-2013 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uh oh Jaman! Look out!

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-21-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mecholova (Post 1585487468)
Uh oh Jaman! Look out!

:rofl: Excellent!!!

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-22-2013 02:05 AM

Is it in that smaller building now? If so, what do they do in that building? Or is it in the lot? Or is it on a trailer? Excitement building!

http://s5.postimg.org/pmb295jt3/My_C...er_21_2013.jpg

sam90lx 11-22-2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585492311)
Is it in that smaller building now? If so, what do they do in that building? Or is it in the lot? Or is it on a trailer? Excitement building!

http://s5.postimg.org/pmb295jt3/My_C...er_21_2013.jpg

Area 51.

Slynky 11-22-2013 09:03 AM

Hehe, one thing is for sure, Crystal Red Tint seems to be the most popular color!

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-22-2013 09:50 AM

Well, since that's a Bing satellite image, those are C6s (also notice the non-covered cars on the haulers)...but red was definitely popular! :)

runutzzzzz 11-22-2013 10:26 AM

Just curious. At this point why not just have GM buy it back? What's your states lemon law?

They could just build you a car faster than this process has taken! Takes all of a few days to build a car?

billiam01 11-22-2013 10:38 AM

It's where the plant owner's son last parked it!

E.T.D. Corvettes 11-22-2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585493917)
Just curious. At this point why not just have GM buy it back? What's your states lemon law?

They could just build you a car faster than this process has taken! Takes all of a few days to build a car?

Some orders are taking longer, some not as long. And when I get mine back I don't have to drive it nice for another 500 miles. :lol:

Originally Posted by billiam01 (Post 1585494013)
It's where the plant owner's son last parked it!

Of course! :lol:

Zevo 11-22-2013 01:48 PM

Just curious. Is gm compensating you in any way? In a perfect world you would have a corvette rental, but i assume that isn't the case. Do you at least have a nice rental. Any monetary compensation for the hassle?

Slynky 11-22-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran (Post 1585493648)
Well, since that's a Bing satellite image, those are C6s (also notice the non-covered cars on the haulers)...but red was definitely popular! :)

DOH ! That makes sense !

speedlink 11-22-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zevo (Post 1585495584)
Just curious. Is gm compensating you in any way? In a perfect world you would have a corvette rental, but i assume that isn't the case. Do you at least have a nice rental. Any monetary compensation for the hassle?

The OP already answered that question. He is getting compensated, but doesn't want to reveal what it is.

I can respect that.

Zevo 11-22-2013 02:00 PM

Fair enough. I must have missed it. As long as they make the OP happy then that is what matters